Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Man,, I just went over to the main site and into the Chat section.. talk about lame....

There are still a few posters from the old days that I seem to remember... Of course, Vers is over there. Maybe he'll be back some day.. who knows. But sooo many new posters..

But there is a thread over there asking the question, why aren't Kosar and Sipe coaching for the Browns..... Yikes,, Try and keep up folks..LOL

That board still works pretty poorly.. not much has changed that I can see.,. Remember how we were promised that some of the bug would get worked out,,, well,, not happening man..

Once again, I'm sure glad we have a guy like PPE on our side,,, Thanks Purp


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,246
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,246
Amen. This site is just like home. PPE, you've done a FANTASTIC job with it. Thanks again.


I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,435
J
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,435
I'm pretty sure that our board has more users than their board as well.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
I registered... posted a couple of times... left, and never went back.

Dawgtalk/ers has been my home since 2001.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
As far as I'm concerned, this is the only Cleveland Browns message board. The one you speak of, doesn't exist.


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,093
M
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
M
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,093
just went there to see the thread. That is what passes for "Pure Football" over there? OMG.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
S
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that our board has more users than their board as well.




I am not sure that is even an issue...........Quality always beats Quanity!


[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

GO BROWNS!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
A
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
I can't even go there.

I read two posts and wanna scream.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
W
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
W
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
Quote:

I can't even go there.

I read two posts and wanna scream.




That's the way I feel about the OBR Water Cooler these days. WAY too much hate going on over there.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that our board has more users than their board as well.




The "official" board makes you register in order to access their boards ....... so they will have a much larger user base as a result.

I just went there to look around a bit. It's like the old cliche says .... "You can't go home again" .....


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
Hey Web!!! Glad to see ya finally made yer way here


[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
I go to post the SopCast channel # over there (sometimes), but when I do, I get screamed at because the game froze...like it's my problem?!

It's impossible to go over there without

A) pissing yourself because of too much laughter about there "Pure Football"
B) get yelled at by numerous people
C) Get called names



Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
W
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
W
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
Quote:

Hey Web!!! Glad to see ya finally made yer way here




Thanks. I was here in the beginning, but somehow lost my postings. No biggy, but glad to be here.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
How's everything been going? Any new pics?


[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Just clicking

When I think of the tool to communicate with fans they had and let slip away,, As a business man, it makes me want to scream... What they let slip away is just plain stupid..

But here's the thing. I promise you, there is someone in thier IT department that is telling the bosses that look,, we redid the sight and we now have 3 times the number of registered users,,

Any bets on that


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,758
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,758
I just never got used to it over there. i didn't like the format of the board and how it ran. We didn't need a change when the orig worked just fine. Plus the first week I got real tired of seeing things like this,, "Boy now we all get to start over and I can have the most postcounts here!"

I love it here, PPE you smell!


Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,224
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,224
Where did all those new posters come from though?
It seemed that once they did the change there were hundreds of idiot kids coming out of the woodwork, where were they when DawgTalk was the official board? (Not that i'm complaining like.)

The official board is brutal.....absolutely brutal. I don't know why anyone would want to waste their time posting there, i'll log in occasionally for curiosities sake but i don't think i've posted more than twice.


#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Quote:

Where did all those new posters come from though?
It seemed that once they did the change there were hundreds of idiot kids coming out of the woodwork, where were they when DawgTalk was the official board? (Not that i'm complaining like.)

The official board is brutal.....absolutely brutal. I don't know why anyone would want to waste their time posting there, i'll log in occasionally for curiosities sake but i don't think i've posted more than twice.





Most of the time I forget that that is the " official" board. I am so used to this format that I think of Dawgtalkers as the official board.


KING


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,151
K
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,151
During the last season I posted there...and I usually always put out a Steve's Keys to the (fill in team name) and I got lambasted over there... "you write these like youre the game planner of the team, I dunno why you do this, they arent..." i was like ok sure

Then in the offseason, I got chewed out for pimping Joe Thomas. Saying that we needed to focus on OL, and having to read that we need APeterson or Calvin Johnson and, got yelled at for having too high of an opinion, that these people were "tired" of my attitude.

I mean, I think of myself as the least attitude filled person ever, and I dunno. I gave up on posting there. I got lucky and BrownsBigShot told me to come post here. Way better. I dont even go to the main site...for anything. Any articles of value, end up here anyway.


"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,273
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,273
Just out of curiosity, I logged on over there. I see it's still called "Browns Chat" when in actuality it's a message forum, not a chat room. I lost 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,465
L
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,465
Yeah thanks PPL

I was a little bit skeptical about this board because I thought it would be too much like the old DT. I still came by to read the articles but almost completely quit posting. It was almost like if i posted anything anyways, it was like talking to a brick wall. Thankfully, alot of the up and coming young pups stuck with the main sites message board.

There are a few cool additions to this message board that the old DT wouldnt have done. like the chat and the arcade. Still havnt had much time to visit the arcade between work, family, fantasy football, and reading and posting on this site (which is the main attraction). I didnt enjoy discussing football on the old DT like I do with a few posters here. I dont know why or how its changed, but its actually more football talk and less know-it-alls, my way or no way posters. I now dont mind making a mistake about an evaluation or if I messed up about what happaned in the past.

There still is some stuff like certain post getting moved or deleted. It almost seems like this happens because of differant views from refs or a disliking to certain posters. But I'll take the bad with the good and keep visiting the site in my free time

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Man I know the feeling...LOL


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,408
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,408
My account was deleted long ago for inactivity, that place is an afterthought.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
Quote:

registered... posted a couple of times... left, and never went back.





Same here. I don't even remember what that board looks like, & don't care.


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Quote:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that our board has more users than their board as well.




The "official" board makes you register in order to access their boards ....... so they will have a much larger user base as a result.




No, they don't make you register to access their board.
http://brownschat.clevelandbrowns.com/eve/forums

That URL will take you into the forum mainpage without logging on, just as it has since that site was converted into the abomination that it now is. Many people have posted this untruth in the past as well that you must be registered to access the board............not that anyone would WANT to log in there anymore anyway.

The very worst part is the people in charge over there for the Browns were TOLD what was gonna happen, they were TOLD how to fix things, they were TOLD all of this in advance. They simply don't give a damn.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Quote:

not that anyone would WANT to log in there anymore anyway.




Well, somebody has to.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,747
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,747
Quote:

Quote:

not that anyone would WANT to log in there anymore anyway.




Well, somebody has to.




And why exactly is that? That so called message board is a train wreck.

I am grateful to PPE for the resurrection of the old board and continued excellence.


[b]USNavyDawg (Ret.)
[Linked Image from i87.photobucket.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not that anyone would WANT to log in there anymore anyway.




Well, somebody has to.




And why exactly is that? That so called message board is a train wreck.

I am grateful to PPE for the resurrection of the old board and continued excellence.




Yes.....why is that? It's a dump. Why must people "have to?"

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not that anyone would WANT to log in there anymore anyway.




Well, somebody has to.




And why exactly is that? That so called message board is a train wreck.

I am grateful to PPE for the resurrection of the old board and continued excellence.




Yes.....why is that? It's a dump. Why must people "have to?"




I know who you are on that board...obviously..it blew right over your head.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Quote:

I know who you are on that board...obviously..it blew right over your head.




He's not SHEPDAWG on that board?


#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,567
Quote:

Quote:

I know who you are on that board...obviously..it blew right over your head.




He's not SHEPDAWG on that board?




He's a zebra.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Oh. That's interesting...I didn't know.


#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
T
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765


If you mean that Shep is a ref on that board than he must be having a lot of fun over there. That board has more issues than the browns defense.


Very little substance there. An electronic shouting match all of the time. Thanks PPE for giving us back our home.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
I tend to believe that board is just full of kids posting random thoughts. THIS is the place to be to talk football, IMO. Of course, it would be fun to overtake that board and put all those losers in their place.


#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
T
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
Quote:

I tend to believe that board is just full of kids posting random thoughts. THIS is the place to be to talk football, IMO. Of course, it would be fun to overtake that board and put all those losers in their place.




Too much effort....that board is visibly upsetting. I feel like my eyes are going to pop out.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Yeah, I know it sucks....


#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 913
C
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
C
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 913
I tried to post on that board, but there was hardly anything to ever respond to, add in the fact you would get in trouble if you spoke your mind a little or said anything that might offend anyone and you can imagine why the board has as much of a lack of interest as it does.

Thanks for bringing me home Beerdowner

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,747
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,747
Quote:

Thanks for bringing me home Beerdowner




I owe my thanks to Jules for bring me home!


[b]USNavyDawg (Ret.)
[Linked Image from i87.photobucket.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,346
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,346
Quote:

I registered... posted a couple of times... left, and never went back.

Dawgtalk/ers has been my home since 2001.




Me too. I simply didn't care for the "tone" of the board. Thank goodness for dawgtalkers.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Quote:

know-it-alls, my way or no way posters.





CoachB and Shep STILL post here


KING


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Not to totally bad mouth the other board but

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5