Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Maybe it's disciplinary and Freddie making players accountable.... oh, wait, people expect that discipline gets instilled by waving a magic wand, lol

Players act up and the coach is the goat. Coach holds player accountable and the coach is the goat.... can't win.

I have no issue with discipline. I have issue with taking your best safety off the field when you are this banged up for discipline. I'm sure there was something else that could have been done.

Like what?

If you skip meetings or practice for no good reason, you need to get benched.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Maybe it's disciplinary and Freddie making players accountable.... oh, wait, people expect that discipline gets instilled by waving a magic wand, lol

Players act up and the coach is the goat. Coach holds player accountable and the coach is the goat.... can't win.

I have no issue with discipline. I have issue with taking your best safety off the field when you are this banged up for discipline. I'm sure there was something else that could have been done.

Like what?

What about fining him? It’s better than weakening the team.

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Like what?

A coach can only fine a player so much. IMO allowing players who don't give a flip to remain players that week weakens the team more.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Like what?

A coach can only fine a player so much. IMO allowing players who don't give a flip to remain players that week weakens the team more.

After watching today’s game, it’s difficult to imagine we could be weakened more, even if he was there and just kept his hands in his pockets.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
They can’t make up their minds or they have no concept of what discipline really is ...

One week Freddie needs to be fired cause his team is undisciplined ... now he needs to be fired cause he was to tough on someone .... *L* ...

Randall would have made very little to no difference today ... the lead menZa on this one was ticked over the TD pass .... what menZa don’t realize is even if Randall picked it off .... it would have been PI on the mugging of the WR ...

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Bud Grant needs to be our next coach.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
He'd do better than Freddie. I want Lincoln Riley immediately.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Bud Grant needs to be our next coach.

Is he still alive? I'm too lazy to Wiki.

We can dig up his bones from his grave and he would be a better coach than anything this expansion team has had.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The Browns need a load of discipline.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The "Woe is me" crowd is out in full force. LOL....it's pretty funny reading.....Waaaaa LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c....

From Zac Jackson...

Damarious Randall was left at home. On the record, the Browns said the reason was not injury-related. A team source told The Athletic it was “an attitude issue” and something that was decided earlier in the week. The Browns announced it Saturday because NFL rules require teams to announce when players don’t make the trip. Either way, it’s another on the long list of disappointing and/or puzzling things that define this season

M
Legend
Legend
M
Take it for what it is worth, but on the pre-game radio show(s), it was mentioned that the attitude issue stemmed from Tretter getting paid and Randall didn't.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Take it for what it is worth, but on the pre-game radio show(s), it was mentioned that the attitude issue stemmed from Tretter getting paid and Randall didn't.

Randall is an odd one. Would love to hear a definitive report, but this is believable.

Looks like we have to add FS to our offseason to-do list.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Randall is an odd one. Would love to hear a definitive report, but this is believable.

Looks like we have to add FS to our offseason to-do list.

Or let the rookie playout the season, to know what we have there, because Randall most likely will not be a Brown come next season.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So he's mad because he wasn't first? Talk about childish.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
O
Legend
Legend
O
It would be really really nice if we could actually develop our next FS. Draft a CB late that has some vision and can hit and mold him into a centerfielder.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Randall has been disgruntled about his contract situation ALL offseason and season.

I'd bet he is out of here. It's not like he has been an obvious loss when missing from the lineup either.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He's replaceable.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Just add another to the list of insane and unexplained distractions this team has created under Dorsey/Kitchens leadership.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
He's replaceable.

He's also history. Free agent next year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It has been explained. Randall had a bad attitude and was benched.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Randall.... yet another player with 100,000 talent and a 10 cent head.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
The rumor they're talking about on the radio (92.3) is that Randall apparently showed up for practice last week, but didn't want to practice outdoors because it was too cold. This guy played in Green Bay, right?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
The rumor they're talking about on the radio (92.3) is that Randall apparently showed up for practice last week, but didn't want to practice outdoors because it was too cold. This guy played in Green Bay, right?

He's a millionaire, he shouldn't have to toil in the elements.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D

He's a millionaire, he shouldn't have to toil in the elements.

In an ideal world this is a guy you would hope is a leader in the locker room of a very young team, but instead he doesn't want to practice outdoors when temps were in the 30s, and he wasn't afraid to make an issue out of it. That's amazing, if true.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I heard Doug Dieken discuss this as well on 92.3. Dieken said Randall's attitude stemmed from the Browns not having enough heaters outside to keep him warm during practice.

What a team.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Like what?

I read on Cleveland.com this morning that Freddie was asked about Randall being out and Freddie said it didn’t matter, that there was only 1 pass thrown down the middle. I guess there were no runs that reached the second level, no tight end receptions, no double on the outside needed

Legend
Legend
With all his millions, he should have just brought in his own pop-up blue tent with his heater in it.

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I saw that after I posted. I am ok then with the benching. and in fact, I would just cut him now, imo.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I saw that after I posted. I am ok then with the benching. and in fact, I would just cut him now, imo.

Honestly might as well. He's not in the long term plans. Another move by Dorsey that has gone belly up. Another player under Freddie that has regressed.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Honestly might as well. He's not in the long term plans. Another move by Dorsey that has gone belly up. Another player under Freddie that has regressed.
I would give Freddie a pass on Randall. His discord is with the FO not paying him. Plain and simple. That's on JD for brining in a guy (once again) that is ME over TEAM.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I would give Freddie a pass on Randall. His discord is with the FO not paying him. Plain and simple. That's on JD for brining in a guy (once again) that is ME over TEAM.

At the same time, Randall did not have enough respect for Freddie to show up and work hard for his coach going into to the biggest game of the season regardless of the alleged contract issue with the FO.

Instead he had attitude problem because they were practicing in the cold and didn't have enough heaters.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

At the same time, Randall did not have enough respect for Freddie to show up and work hard for his coach going into to the biggest game of the season regardless of the alleged contract issue with the FO.

Instead he had attitude problem because they were practicing in the cold and didn't have enough heaters.
I can hear that argument. He had a bad attitude coming here, and Freddie didn't turn it around.

but then I can raise you and say that Freddie is unfit to turn it around and that's back on Dorsey.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

I can hear that argument. He had a bad attitude coming here, and Freddie didn't turn it around.

but then I can raise you and say that Freddie is unfit to turn it around and that's back on Dorsey.

It's madness.

willynilly

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think this thing about Randall is being overblown because of the disappointment of the season and the 2nd Pitt game.

I get how Randall is simply another major data point supporting whichever scapegoat we want to focus on (Dorsey, Kitchens, etc), but even with all this BS going on, I would still do the Randall trade all over, and I applaud Dorsey for making it happen.

Remember, we had a gaping hole at the FS position for a long long time. The previous legit FS we had was Gipson, who pissed and moaned his way out to Jacksonville. There were a few years where we had a parade of nobodies back there... and then we had Peppers in his first year. Yuck.

Dorsey came in and got Randall in a straight up trade for Kizer (QB that after his first year didn't have a chance in Hell of ever seeing the field again). We plugged a gaping hole in our D and gave up a guy we very well could have cut before the next season started.

I know people are frustrated. I am too. That doesn't mean Randall was a bad move. It just means his time here is probably done. If he does somehow get a new contract, it better be for a very short amount of time so that we can acquire/draft a replacement.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree. I thought, at the time, the Randall trade was a very good one by Dorsey and one of the better moves overall. Especially when it was followed up by moving him from CB to FS. Still do.

The market for FS this offseason is going to be crazy based on what players got last free agency period. Regardless of what has recently happened with Randall, I didn't think he was going to be back for what he might end up signing for anyways. Whatever has happended next with him is just a microcosm of much larger organizational issues, IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Absolutely, it was a good trade to make. Unfortunately, it likely only worked out for one season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Redwine, his replacement stepped up.

He was the highest graded defender last Sunday.

Randall would not have changed the out come of the game whatsoever.

If some of the scuttlebutt is true, then he did not deserve to be on the field with his teammates on Sunday ... imo ... if he was too good to not join them in practicing in the cold.

I've never heard of such nonsense.

Has anyone else before?

Residual effects of the last regime?

Good grief!

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 12/03/19 03:46 PM.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
It was definitely a solid trade and it worked out GREAT for us, and it could still be plenty good going forward.

Nothing says any bridges have to be burnt here. He just needs to learn that he's the employee and Kitchens is his boss and he gets paid to practice even if it is a little chilly & damp and he doesn't feel like it because he's cranky that day.

Dear Randall: The Only Easy Day is Yesterday..... suck it up, Buttercup.

That's the end of me busting on him. He's a good player and he has value here and while I wouldn't overpay to keep him, I'd be plenty happy if he works into the long-term plans because this is a spat, not a deal-breaker kind of issue.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean you would rather have Randall here for the time he spent rather than having Kizer here? What the hell are you talking about? You know Dorsey sucks because he didn't keep Kizer!

wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 20 Damarious Randall Out: Coach's Decision

Link Copied to Clipboard