Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
PitDAWG #1703161 12/06/19 03:12 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Maybe you should double check what I was responding to.

Quote:
the addition of OBJ has led to the subtraction of Baker’s swag

Ummm...ok...in my last response I quoted you for the context of my post. Not sure what more you want me to do there.

As to the quote above re: swag, you may be spot on about that.

PitDAWG #1703396 12/07/19 02:03 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Really? Blaming Baker's woes on the addition of a great talent is something that would only be created on Dawgtalkers.

Your dislike for Baker eeks in your posts whether you know it or not. You wish so much so that he is a failure....lol smh

If you do not see something then it does not exist....so must we bring our discussions down to your ignorance??? Cause if you were not there that TREE did not make a sound as it fell down.

I see it just because you do not, then it must be Baker blinded fans making excuses. Open your eyes and before you blabbler about others being unable to accept your fact that Baker is just average at best QB. Take a look and observe Baker in control of the O last year and this year Landry/OBJ have taken control. Least you can do is look at a recent TD to Landry or OBJ and look at the celebration...you might see what I mean. But ok Baker sucks we should get a new QB crazy

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
GratefulDawg #1703400 12/07/19 02:17 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Yeah I'm not bothered by his attitude at all I don't think it is cancerous or anything.

I simply love Landry. OBJ as a WR has disappointed me although he has served as a distraction for defenses making other open. Not having Njoku also has had a large effect on our O he was going to have a ALL PRO season as that middle has been a place to attack. But OBJ seems to not fight for balls. Drop a lot of passes that he could catch and yes, him and Baker do not have that connection - what I thought was OK I was totally wrong, He should have been here 24/7 in preseason making a strong connection with Baker and the lack of that has shown. Like the 70+ bomb Baker threw. OBJ didn't know he could go full speed from beginning to end and make a connection.

But much more. Without a doubt I feel the O is those two Landry/OBJ possibly even the Huddle. Its just not the same as last year where it was Baker's O and he was in total command as a rookie. It even came up in a Sports journalist article...no sorry I don't have it just remember reading it...either from a link here or on the Browns website. That Landry talked to Baker to communicate to Kitchens about this and that. I see it in the face of Baker's. I thought at first maybe his Soph. season or his newly wed homelife??? But I am very sure he does not have full control of the O. He has to take it over and not worry about hurting the respect he has for those 2.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1703401 12/07/19 02:19 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You obviously haven't been reading the board much lately. I've been giving Baker a lot of credit for his being more mature. For him handling himself in front of the media better. For the improvement in his play lately and cutting down on his mistakes on the field.

But I guess in your haste you just jump to the same conclusions you always do.

That anyone who points out when he's having problems must certainly hate him.

rofl

No, I think he's been improving as of late in several ways. And I've posted that on this very board. But the first half of this season he was having a lot of problems and I pointed that out as well. It may seem like a strange concept to you, but that's called being objective.

But you just keep doing you tab. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1703404 12/07/19 02:34 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
You are right...I haven't been able to read Jack...lol laugh sorry if I misspoke just a reaction to your maybe personal not me but the poster your quoted that had nothing to really do about what I had said which was the original quote.

I know you got a thick skin and could take it... smile

It sucks I haven't been around. Working hard - first time really since 2012 retirement.

But Doctors are like...you got to quit working or you will lose your leg....I'm like there has to be another solution cause Medical has taken all my freaking money, I got to work and pay all my bills without worries. So we made a compromise 2 15 minute breaks where I can elevate my legs. Huh??? you mean that is all and I won't lose my Legs to amputation? Right away they want me on the couch with legs elevated all day long.
Anyways. I enjoy working again - yes, hurts like heck but pain pills work. Got to get use to those Support Stockings toe to thigh...another compromise...once a week the thigh ones and other days the below the knees ones.

So excuse my snarly response. And really PO'd at our loss to the Steelers as we did not provide ANY pressure to a ROOKIE QB and let him be the hero!!! Also hated seeing Vernon disabled and then Thomas gone so we were down to guys that I did not see in our roster before #97, 91 and 94??? With the still grinning Douche on the sidelines Rudolf with the Steeler stroking by the NFL as he was the entire instigator of the terrible scene at the end of game #1 He gets NOTHING but a fine. The kicking Pouncey gets his sentence reduced from 3 to 2 games. Meanwhile Garrett's Indefinite suspension gets upheld...smh Larry's one game suspension for a little shove in the back is upheld...how biased can the NFL be.

makes me PO'd. Its so obvious they don't even try to hide it.

But our season is done...we might go 8-8 ??? or lose them all? 9-7 won't get us in the playoffs. Probably Buffalo and Titans are Wild card.

We need a left tackle...Saw a great one playing for OREGON last night - that kid is good keep an eye on him!!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1703409 12/07/19 02:50 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, I have certainly been frustrated too. You know I'll be keeping an eye on those OT's. We could actually use both a RT and LT.

And the defense does look worse than I'd expected. But sometimes even after feeling that way I look at the scoreboard. The Rams only scored 20. In our loss to the Steelers they only scored 20. And giving only 16 up to the Bills was pretty good.

So while I'm certainly not happy with the D, in those two games where we only gave up 20 points, we should have won those games.

I sure wish to well and send you prayers in regards to your health. There's not nearly as many as of us old timers left on here. Sometimes by design.

Glad to see you posting.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
eotab #1703410 12/07/19 02:51 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab
We need a left tackle...Saw a great one playing for OREGON last night - that kid is good keep an eye on him!!

Penei Sewell. He's been outstanding. Pro Football Focus recently named him Pac-12 Player of the Year.

Unfortunately, he's a sophomore and will not be eligible to enter the NFL draft until 2021.

He's definitely a great talent though.

bonefish #1703433 12/07/19 05:04 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Odel has several things working against him.

1. Too many drops on crucial passes. You know that Baker doesn't trust him nearly as much as Landry.

2. They consistently send him deep even though the o-line barely give Baker 2.5 seconds to throw the ball. That means all those stupid deep routes over 20 yards will never see odel because Baker doesn't have time to even throw to that route.

3. He has a tendency to start games this year a bit slow off the line. It's either a lack of focus or a lack of effort. It might be both.

How do you fix the problems? Very simple. Adjust the playbook to have him run shorter routes than 20 yards so Baker can have all his WRs available to throw to instead defenses ignoring Odel because they know know they will hit Baker faster than he can get the ball to him anyways.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Razorthorns #1703435 12/07/19 05:14 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
In all but 2 games this year OBJ has averaged less than 10 yards per target. In seven of those games his average yards per target were under seven yards. Perception is one thing but reality is something all together different.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

#gmstrong
WSU Willie #1703476 12/07/19 07:42 PM
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Obj on a on pace for 1200 yards
Landry 1300
They are on that pace with a second year quarterback
If you want to know how good that is look at joe Montana number.

Last edited by jacksondawg; 12/07/19 07:43 PM.
eotab #1703502 12/07/19 10:56 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: eotab
Quick synopsis of what I see:
Last year at this time, this was Baker's team he had this enthusiasm that spread to all.

What I have seen is that Landry and OBJ have taken over the team on O that is. It is no longer Baker's team. They talk to Baker to tell Kitchens this and that during games.

If you note Higgins is not catching any passes, Baker and him had this connection and it has been withdrawn...not by Baker.

If you notice when Landry or OBJ score a TD Baker comes running in to join the fun and last year his celebrations were electric...now he comes running up to the TWO and joins in and I've noticed the two totally ignore Baker...like what are you doing here this is our Party not yours.

If any of you are wondering what happened from last year to this how come its so different...It no longer is Bakers team where he would play naturally and produce. Now he must play Landry OBJ game and sorry the O sucks compared with last years. Well that is my story and I'm sticking too it.

jmho back to work...

I never looked at it that way, but it doesn't sound crazy. Maybe he feels pressure to please these guys and it leads to bad judgement. Who knows? Something ain't right is all I know.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
bonefish #1703529 12/08/19 08:22 AM
R
Rookie
Rookie
R
odell is poison and showboat

bonefish #1703530 12/08/19 08:32 AM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
bonefish #1703534 12/08/19 08:53 AM
Legend
Legend
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12...the-future.html

ABOUT ODELL AND FREDDIE

CLEVELAND – Talking to myself about Odell Beckham Jr. and Freddie Kitchens:

Question: Did you hear how Odell sounds very vague about his future with the Browns.

Answer: Yes.

Q: Yes and what?

A: I’m not a huge Odell fan. But he’s right when he said he doesn’t know “what the future holds tomorrow.” It’s not just about Odell wanting to be with the Browns. The Browns have to decide if Odell is a good fit for them.

Q: Why ask that?

A: Is the problem with Odell being productive because of Freddie’s offense? Because of Baker Mayfield? Will Freddie be back next season? If not, who is the coach?

Q: Lots of questions, right?

A: Exactly. With four games left, I doubt any of those answers are apparent right now. It is obvious Beckham and the offense currently constructed are not made for each other. And the strength of this offense is the running backs. Not only are Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt terrific running the ball, they also can catch it.

Q: Don’t you think Freddie can do a better job getting Odell the ball?

A: Probably. But this should not be an Odell-centered offense, especially with the arrival of Hunt. I don’t care if Freddie is back next season or someone else is in charge of the offense. The Browns also have an excellent receiver in Jarvis Landry, one of my favorite players on the team.

Q: Where are you going with this stream of consciousness rambling?

A: I imagine Odell sees the same things. There’s Hunt. There’s Chubb. There’s Landry. Offensive coordinator Todd Monken answered a question about Odell not getting the ball more by mentioning those three players, then explaining the obvious: “We have only one football.”

Q: You just don’t like Odell.

A: I don’t know what to make of Odell. His physical talent is obvious. His production (only two TD catches) is baffling. To be fair, Odell has sent out a tweet insisting he never said he was unhappy in Cleveland.

Q: Your just tired of the drama.

A: Guilty as charged. Not just Odell... but with so much around this team. The loss to Pittsburgh has inflamed the endless speculation of Freddie’s future. Guys suspended. Every team has its share of drama, but these Browns are a triple-dose.

Q: What do you think Odell meant when he said, “I couldn’t sit here and tell you whether I’m going to be here, want to be here or don’t want to be here.”

A: It means he doesn’t know. Or if he wants out, he’s smart enough not to say it with four games left. But it’s obvious this has been a frustrating season for him. Cleveland.com’s Ellis Williams did a nice film study on Odell’s situation. He made the case the Browns just aren’t looking for him enough on passing plays.

Q: Isn’t Odell under contract for next season?

A: He signed a five-year, $90 million extension in the spring of 2018 with the New York Giants. Most of the $65 million guaranteed has already been paid. Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reported only $2.75 million of his $14 million deal in 2020 is guaranteed. That makes him easier to trade... or even cut.

Q: This isn’t the last time we’ll hear about Odell and his feelings about 2020.

A: Very true. There are four games left. Suppose the Browns win them all and Odell sparkles? Or suppose the team stinks? When he said “who knows" about what will happen next year, he’s right about that... him... Freddie... and the Browns.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
GratefulDawg #1703548 12/08/19 10:15 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I posted in another thread, IMO, both Freddie and Odell on very thin ice when it comes to their future in Cleveland.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
GratefulDawg #1703554 12/08/19 11:05 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C

BUT WHY DOES HE SUCK?!?!?!?

cfrs15 #1703583 12/08/19 01:01 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Odell just punched his ticket out of Cleveland...

Browns might want to put him on IR so he can get that sports hernia taken care of.

...he is a cancer.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
GratefulDawg #1703588 12/08/19 01:10 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A: He signed a five-year, $90 million extension in the spring of 2018 with the New York Giants. Most of the $65 million guaranteed has already been paid.

Anyone know who paid that?

Joe Thomas #73
GratefulDawg #1703594 12/08/19 01:22 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

IF this is true, I have a question: WHY THE HELL IS HE ON THE FIELD? He's an attention seeking diva AND he isn't at 100%? My Lord this franchise is stupid. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
mac #1703596 12/08/19 01:25 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac
Odell just punched his ticket out of Cleveland...

Browns might want to put him on IR so he can get that sports hernia taken care of.

...he is a cancer.

I do believe the Browns are better off in the long run without him. Does what he wants in the off season, demands too much attention on and off the field during the season. Throw in the talk of him running questionable routes and you can pretty much seal it for me. He can go. Get something for him and move on. Browns still have enough weapons going forward.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
The Beast #1703603 12/08/19 01:34 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Our offense, as it is now, can't take advantage of OBJ. But we could make strides in the off-season. Still, I wouldn't argue much if they got rid of him. We better become a ground and pound offense, though. And I don't want to give him away for peanuts, either.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
GratefulDawg #1703605 12/08/19 01:38 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Talking to myself about Odell Beckham Jr. and Freddie Kitchens

saywhat rofl

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1703612 12/08/19 01:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
We had Crazy Uncle Billy in our family. He said that talking to yourself wasn't a problem. It was when you started answering yourself that you had to worry.

#gmstrong
BADdog #1703618 12/08/19 01:54 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BADdog

A: He signed a five-year, $90 million extension in the spring of 2018 with the New York Giants. Most of the $65 million guaranteed has already been paid.

Anyone know who paid that?

"Most" is a relative term.

Not exactly sure but as part of his contract he got a $20M signing bonus which I believe NY paid out immediately to Odell but the Giants can break it out in increments annually on their books which looks like $4M over five years. I think we are responsible for the 2019 salary, which was $17M . So it seems like it is almost 50/50 at this point.

Someone else might be able to shed more light on this as it seems like there is some money left unaccounted for when he would only be a cap hit of $2.75M if cut in 2020.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

Tackles are tackles.
bonefish #1703631 12/08/19 02:02 PM
1st String
1st String
Report: Beckham has told Browns' opponents he wants out
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1900658

Odell Beckham Jr. has encouraged opposing players and coaches throughout the season to pry him loose from the Cleveland Browns, reports FOX Sports' Jay Glazer.

The Browns acquired Beckham from the New York Giants in March for a first-round pick, third-round pick, and safety Jabrill Peppers in a stunning blockbuster trade.

"I don't see this relationship ending well," said Glazer.

Beckham is struggling to find chemistry with quarterback Baker Mayfield during his first year with the Browns, hauling in just 57 catches on 103 targets for 805 yards and two touchdowns.

The three-time Pro Bowl receiver gave a vague response Thursday when asked if he wants to stick with the Browns next season.

"No one knows what the future holds tomorrow," he said. "I couldn’t tell you what's going to happen."

"In the offseason, everything will figure itself out," he added. "I feel like I've been here before, answering questions about the next team when I'm on a team already. That's just something I'm going to tune out for right now. Catch me in the offseason, and we'll see what happens. I don't know God's plan."

The receiver later clarified his message on Twitter, responding to speculation that he's unhappy in Cleveland.

Odell Beckham Jr
✔
@obj
Ok😑😑😑... I NEVER said I was not happy in Cleveland, just like everyone else I’m hopeful for better results. Period. Next story plzz 😭 ...

The Browns haven't lived up to the lofty expectations that followed Beckham to northeast Ohio, and they sit out of the playoffs at 5-7 entering Week 14.

Beckham is reportedly expected to undergo offseason surgery for a sports hernia that's contributed to his underwhelming play this year.

The 27-year-old is signed through 2023, but the Browns would only absorb a $2.75-million cap hit if they trade or release him this offseason, according to Spotrac.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
BustkeviousMingo #1704574 12/08/19 05:21 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Jay Glazer is probably one of the most reliable sources out there. Not good.

Tackles are tackles.
bonefish #1704583 12/08/19 05:23 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good, trade him. Didn't particularly like the trade in the first place. He's to much of a diva.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
BustkeviousMingo #1704600 12/08/19 05:32 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Who knows if this rumour is true or not. It won't materialize till February or March so it's hard to say. If it is true and OBJ gets traded the return will not be as much as we have up. We gave up Jabrill Peppers (and quality young player on a rookie contract) and a first round pick for OBJ. I would be shocked if we got more than that in return for him. Talk about a mismanaging assets.

I hope the rumor is not true and OBJ comes back in 2020 healthy and time with the QB under his belt ready to go.

cfrs15 #1704613 12/08/19 05:38 PM
Legend
Legend
I have noticed that peoples's opinions of Peppers have gone up since he left.

He was "OK" here, and OK in NY. He's nothing special.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
bonefish #1704626 12/08/19 05:53 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh yea OBJ had 2 Catches for 39 Yards but I still think he will be fine next season ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
bonefish #1704649 12/08/19 06:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Part of me wants to give it a year of work/study/chemistry ... and the other part wants to just say adios

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
YTownBrownsFan #1704651 12/08/19 06:26 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I have noticed that peoples's opinions of Peppers have gone up since he left.

He was "OK" here, and OK in NY. He's nothing special.

People's opinion of Pepper went up when coaches finally stopped having him line up 30 yards away from the LOS.

Tackles are tackles.
bonefish #1704661 12/08/19 06:39 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

The way people spread rumors around here like they're facts remind me of a bunch of old ladies after a PTA meeting.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1704730 12/08/19 08:07 PM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Trade him to Dallas for any 2 of their starting OL...does Jerry say no?

bonefish #1704736 12/08/19 08:19 PM
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
he`s hurt...pass

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
bonefish #1704750 12/08/19 08:43 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I wish we did have OBJ. He's a selfish player that only cares about himself and his stats. I think Baker would be more willing to spread the ball more if it wasn't for OBJ.

The Beast #1704770 12/08/19 09:17 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: The Beast

IF this is true, I have a question: WHY THE HELL IS HE ON THE FIELD? He's an attention seeking diva AND he isn't at 100%? My Lord this franchise is stupid. SMH

Watched the game with 3 friends, and a son of 1 of the friends while we skinned, quartered, boned, and processed a deer. Mentioned the 'sports hernia' Odell had. The son asked what a sports hernia was.

My reply was "A hernia you get playing sports."

bonefish #1704856 12/09/19 04:25 AM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If we honestly do trade OBJ.
..one scenario does make sense. We trade him to the Jets for SS Jamal Adams and a draft pick in the offseason. Sam Darnold needs weapons, and Jamal Adams is supposedly irate with NY shopping him.

tru_dawgs #1704859 12/09/19 06:22 AM
Legend
Legend
If we could swing that deal I’d do it in a heartbeat, but I don’t think it’d be enough to get Adams

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
cfrs15 #1704865 12/09/19 07:34 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

BUT WHY DOES HE SUCK?!?!?!?

That explains a lot...hope we see him with us next season and get the real OBJ!
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell

Link Copied to Clipboard