T
ThomasE Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
T

Legend
Legend

Did he hit himself in the head with his own helmet?

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
This is shocking, stunning news. I'm shocked ... and stunned.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Toast. Put this guy out for good.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The irony here is that as pathetic as Josh is, in between bans he has probably been paid more money than most mocking him will see in their lifetime. I'm not sure on those numbers but I can't imagine he hasn't made several million by now.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe one of the biggest wastes of talent I've ever followed closely.

Legend
Legend
dude had the talent to be one of the greatest. he put up a 1600 yard season even with missing the first two games of the season due to suspension, with what? 3-4 DIFFERENT QBs throwing the ball that season.

what a freaking moron. all that talent....yea, gordon reminds me of this years browns team. all sorts of talent, complete dud.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: BpG

Best player I've ever seen in person and it's not close.

Legend
Legend
And he'll meet with Goodell in February, there will be stern words and a dozen articles, and he'll be with another team by Week 5.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

[Linked Image]

β€œ...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
He needs to sign with the pats again so Goodell will reinstate him.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When i heard the news a few hours ago.. I was like..who cares....

nothing against your thread...i just dont give a damn about him ... and really hate the same subject.

Legend
Legend
Multi million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain.

Man I hope he gets his life straightened out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
In his defense, watching the Browns makes me want to pick up a drug/drinking habit. I can't imagine what playing for the Browns would do to a man.

Legend
Legend
Not a surprise .. I hope he gets past his addiction, but I also hope he’s never let back in the NFL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Laughable in a sad way.

Legend
Legend
Lol...I knew all along Josh would screw another team over. Never thought BB would fall for it tho.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Wasted talent... Every bit as good as OBJ as this best or Landry at his best...What a waste

#GMSTRONG

β€œEveryone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I think its safe to say that maybe...just maybe...josh has a problem, and its a little more than "just being an idiot".

Addiction is real. Dependency is real. If some of you are so caught up in a football game that you can see that, Im sorry you have no compassion for your fellow man.

I hope the guy gets help and can beat his demons one day.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Lol...I knew all along Josh would screw another team over. Never thought BB would fall for it tho.

I was critical of that move myself. That said, it only cost them a 5th round pick, and they did win the Super Bowl last year (albeit with Gordon unavailable due to suspension.) So it didn't really cost them much.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: BpG

Best player I've ever seen in person and it's not close.

I remember the game where he stiff armed Aqib Talib then left him in the dust. Talib was a beast in his own right and there was probably no other receiver in the game at the time that could have had that sequence. Maybe Calvin Johnson.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He obviously has a problem and I hope he gets the help he needs. Or rather, being on an NFL roster has given him access to better help than 99%+ of the people out there, including fully paid trips to rehab and a 7 figure job awaiting his return, seemingly no matter how many times he lets teams down.

He has to want to live a sober life though. Without that, no amount of professional guidance and resources is going to help. I don't think he has reached that point and it (understandably) makes people confused about his choices.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Wasted talent... Every bit as good as OBJ as this best or Landry at his best...What a waste

I'd argue he was more a Randy moss clone. Similar build, jumping, speed, ability to catch everything. Throw it deep and he'll get it.

[Linked Image]

β€œ...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Legend
Legend
P
For some reason I can see him holding a sign in his future that says, "Call BR-549".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
For some reason I can see him holding a sign in his future that says, "Call BR-549".

That's such and insult to Junior Samples.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Addiction is real. Dependency is real. If some of you are so caught up in a football game that you can see that, Im sorry you have no compassion for your fellow man.

I think its BS.. If he has addiction problems..he would'nt be built like superman... He just likes smoking weed..plain and simple...and can't follow rules..

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
According to the statement posted by Seahawks PR, he violated both the PEDs policy (think steroids, HGH, etc.) and substances of abuse policy (think recreational drugs.)

https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1206684222884208640

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

I think its BS.. If he has addiction problems..he would'nt be built like superman... He just likes smoking weed..plain and simple...and can't follow rules..

IF this is the case AND the NFL goes down the same route as MLB with weed (eg. allowing it)...then Gordon's career has been destroyed by the NFL. I am also consistently amazed that the NFL supports players popping pain pills, but not opting to smoke weed medicinally. If it were my body I would hands down go the route that is natural & ISN'T highly addictive.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Quote:

IF this is the case AND the NFL goes down the same route as MLB with weed (eg. allowing it)...then Gordon's career has been destroyed by the NFL. I am also consistently amazed that the NFL supports players popping pain pills, but not opting to smoke weed medicinally. If it were my body I would hands down go the route that is natural & ISN'T highly addictive.

I'm a proponent of legal marijuana, but let's not get it twisted. Gordon's career has been destroyed by Gordon. Which is to say nothing of the laundry list of other drugs he's abused, relationships he's sabotaged and helping hands he's pushed away.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Legend
Legend
C
All of this is sad. That is my only reaction.

Legend
Legend
He had the capability within him to rewrite the record books, and he was doing it here with nobodies throwing to him

He couldn't get out of his own way enough to thrive with Tom Freaking Brady throwing it to him.

Such a waste.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I was critical of that move myself. That said, it only cost them a 5th round pick, and they did win the Super Bowl last year (albeit with Gordon unavailable due to suspension.) So it didn't really cost them much.

Kraft bought him a ring. That’s some pretty stinky cheese my friend.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm not sure what your point is.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If it were "just weed" I believe you would have a valid point. From every indication I've seen over time, it's about a lot more than "just weed".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

marijuana
alcohol
xanax
codeine
cocaine
hydrocodone
oxycodone
adderall

And that's just what he has admitted as repeated abuse. With a gameday ritual of "bong rips and shots of whiskey", it's hard to blame any league policy for JG's anguish.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Well, I hate to tell you, that's false.

You can be in extremely good shape, and still be a herion addict.

I lost two cousins, both of which were built like if not just as big as Gordon to heroin. They used off an on for a long time before they passed.

Coke also would make you hit the gym pretty hard lol.

Legend
Legend
I lost a friend named Mark O a few years back to the same thing.
Super built - jacked - and even did some personal trainer work. Great guy with demons he couldn't shake.

Browns is the Browns

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
jc

In any case, I hope Gordon seeks out the help he clearly needs. At some point, he is going to run out of football chances. Age and inactivity will catch up to the best of athletes, and that's assuming he keeps getting chances from the NFL office (which seems pretty likely based on precedent, but is not guaranteed.)

I can't help but think this whole thing ends very badly for Gordon.

Legend
Legend
Has he been reinstated, yet?

I bet he is in a Steelers or Ravens uniform next.

Browns is the Browns

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
"Yo, Lamar, try some of this stuff."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Josh."

"Come on man, one time. It's legit, I swear. I got it from my boy Johnny."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely

Link Copied to Clipboard