Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
What is your knee jerk reaction for a position or player?

I want to trade up and draft Chase Young.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Bookends Myles Garrett and Chase Young smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! Dream on.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Would love to trade up for Chase...however I'm sure that'll be overly steep...

I'm hoping the best LT is there for our picking
...and we can snag away RT Jack Conklin in FA...Raiders will let Karl Joeseph SS walk, would bring him in as he has made strides (however injury prone) then altering snagging our LT in round 1, have to find more S, RG, DE, WR, and LB depth as well...hopefully Scho is re inked...I expect a lot of cuts and salary cap opening up.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
While another Defensive End to pair with Garrett would be a great idea because Ogbah and Vernon were not good side kicks. I think the Browns are going to go best Left Tackle on the board.

The biggest needs I see this team needs are

#1 - Left Tackle - To give Baker time to look down field and utilize the teams offensive weapons.
#2 - Defensive End - Garrett needs help. The defense fell apart once he got suspended.
#3 - Middle Linebacker to stop the run. Playoff teams first and foremost run the ball and stop the run.
#4 - Strong Safety - To support the run. Run defense was awful.
#5 - Defensive Tackle - Got to stop the run up the middle. See Ravens, see Joe Mixon.
#6 - Tight End that can catch and stretch the middle of the field

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We dont even know who will be doing the picking!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Trade down.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Tackle, Tight End, some kind of playmaker on the defensive side of the ball

They need help everywhere. They are talented at several positions, but are still weak at others. It goes without saying that you need to help your young quarterback though, both in proetcting him, and also offering an option for him in the passing game.

great OL are hard to find though, so I think they will lean toward tackle if they can land one at 10, assuming they stay there.

I'm just so tired of us getting beat by good tight ends, and we are out there with practice squad scrubs, and a guy in David Njoku who shows flashes when he rarely takes the field. I'm over it, they need to find better tight ends, it's paramount in today's game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
we have apple pies and banana pudding but don't have the meat and potatoes.. our trenches are laughable

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Any OT that is deemed the best

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Trade OBJ for a 1st round pick.

Time to get the new coach on board. Probably going to have to wait until after the Superbowl.

I am sure the new coach is going to have opinions on the team make-up.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
LT,TE,RT,S and finish off with LBS and DBs. What we get in FA can make a difference. Oh Yeah and good young center would be nice.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Double-dip at the LT position. Draft the best guy (I'd even be ok with a not-crazy trade up, if that's what it'll take), and bring in a legit FA. Even if it's an older guy that only has a couple years in the tank... he just have to be good enough to beat out the rookie and make Robinson an after-thought. Let all the incumbents duke it out for RT and 1st backup. As much as I hated his play this year, I think Robinson would make a fine RT. Hubbard needs to be unseated from the starting 5.
Same with RT, the RG position can be improved organically, I think.

I think we need to swallow our pride/stock up on headache pills, and hang onto Randall. Dude can be a dumb-dumb, but is a baller when motivated. We also need to move ASAP to bring in someone that can make him expendable... but we're already using our high pick on LT. I think we be opportunistic as far as bringing in LB talent to compete. Depends on new DC, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
As is with every upcoming season, who and what position you draft will be heavily determined by which positions you end up addressing in the FA market and which of your players you retain during the off season.

As of this moment the LT position would be my focus if you're strictly speaking about position. The LB position would be another.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
LT is a glaring weakness along with SS but I will be checking OLB we need a stud that can rush the passer and cover RB's and TE's like Clay Matthews and Chip Banks did ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Considering Baltimore’s TE’s, it would be nice to be able to cover them at all

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I'm sorry to disagree with you,but Robinson would not make a good RT.The reason I say this is because he's lazy.And it looks like he gained 50 lbs during the season.
The best move is to let him go somewhere else,where he might get the motivation he badly requires.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like Bitonio and Tretter (although he does seem injury prone), but we need upgrades at both OT and at RG, whether through FA or the draft.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think he was handed the LT job this season. I'm not saying he's the world beater RT we've been waiting for, but you can only address so many positions in an offseason. If Robinson can nudge Hubbard off the starting 5, that's significant improvement.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I legitimately think that while an upgrade on the tackles is warranted, the system was so poorly mismanaged that it made both tackles look infinitely worse than they are. How many times did we see them left on an island with a top 10 Edge player? Almost always. How many times did I have to watch the other teams best edge player one on one with a Tight end? Seemed like at minimum once a week. Sure we need tackle help, but it was managed horrendously by the coaching staff as well.

My point is, as bad as we need tackles......With Schoberts near certain departure, we don't have a starting quality linebacker on this team. Mack Wilson is too weak, Joe Mixon absolutely exposed him as a soft nickle backer only, unless he adds 20 pounds he is a situational player only.

Takitaki is a horrible liability in coverage. He is a 2 down backer.

You can't even name the other linebackers.

RG I would argue is an even bigger concern than the tackles.

With Damarious Randall leaving (seemingly) we are left with Redwine and Burris (who played hard tbh)....not ideal.

I don't think it's as easy as saying tackle or bust like I've seen in so many lazy twitter posts.

Last edited by BpG; 12/31/19 11:44 AM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Tristan Wirfs, please.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Offensive Line and Linebackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Tristan Wirfs, please.
thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Depends who is still available at 10 ? If there is a really can't miss Tackle ( no such thing in the Draft ) like a JT. you bet .. But we have needs at safety /LB / TE and any help on the DL just for starters ..

Legend
Legend
With the 10th pick, the Browns pick Donald Duck.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Now it might depend more on WHO”s picking

D
Legend
Legend
D
We will trade down to gather more picks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the 10th pick in the draft the Browns select...

Legend
Legend
Best tackle available..

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'd rather get o-line help in free agency. someone thats proven.

Also, I hope whoever is our d-coordinator next year rotates the dline guys more to keep players fresh. So with that, we need talent and depth. Chase Young will be gone at 10.. Give me Derrick Brown - DT @ Auburn. Dude is a monster! or Yetur Gross-Matos - DE @ Penn St. Phenomenal pass rusher.

I also wouldn't mind getting more Safety help .. Grant Delpit @ LSU or Xavier McKinney @ Bama

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we grab a OT in free agency I want Jack Conklin from Tennessee, put him at RT and move Hubbard to RG.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Think Cincitucky would consider an OBJ package with picks and players?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: dawg66
If we grab a OT in free agency I want Jack Conklin from Tennessee, put him at RT and move Hubbard to RG.

Or just cut Hubbard altogether.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He's the guy the browns SHOULD have drafted the Wentz year but traded back for the wonderful Corey Coleman. Wished they had kept that pick and selected Conklin, then.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm liking Jedrick Wills, Alabama. OL definitely not my specialty, though. Great anchor in pass pro and gets movement in the running game. Good technique/angles, gets to the second level. Seems to have good awareness and communication/feel with his other blockers.

Going RT first is not conventional, but, with great pass rushers on both sides, you need both. I don't wanna try to flip a guy from right to left or vice versa. I want to go RPO/playaction heavy and think he'd be perfect for helping to make that work.

Go LT in the 2nd and give him the TE/RB help if he needs it. I'm looking at Josh Jones from Houston. Could be a riser after the Senior Bowl, though. Hard to figure out who is going where this early.

Wouldn't be against taking a flier on Trey Adams later as well. He's got a lot of medical issues to look into, though. Might be more pro ready than Jones, but I worry about longevity.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Chris Hubbard is not going to be on the team next year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

fingerscrossed

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

fingerscrossed

He's one of the worst players in the league in the position and we can save $4.9 million in cap space. . .

M
Legend
Legend
M
And I think we've already paid him about $23M. That's crazy.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft With the 10th pick in the draft the Browns select...

Link Copied to Clipboard