Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1713167 12/30/19 12:05 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

This is a big deal. We didn’t interview McDaniels last year. Dorsey and Indy’s GM are close and it was said that Dorsey didn’t want anything to do with McDaniels after he screwed the Colts.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/30/nfl-pl...gs-week-17-mmqb

Urban Meyer mentioned as a possibility in the link above.

Legend
Legend
Greg Roman is a good one to interview.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I mentioned Roman weeks ago..he made Kap and lamar look good..He knows how to build an offense around the talent he has

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't get the love for McDaniels. Wouldn't mind Roman.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Josh McDaniels will be the next HC of the Browns

Haslam and Jimmy Sexton are best buds, McDaniels is buds with Sexton.

This is pretty much already a done deal. Both Dee and Jimmy Haslam both have McDaniels as their #1 choice.

McDaniels won't come here unless he has some roster say, Dorsey will be out in a few weeks, Nick Caserio who is McDaniels long time friend and they both went to John Hopkins together and have been on the Pariots together will end up being GM

McDaniels FO will be structured much like NE. McDaniels will decide the roster with input from Caserio, which honestly it will be pretty rare for those two to ever disagree so things will be on the same page.

the only way this doesn't happen is if McDaniels pulls out for some reason like he did the Colts, but I don't think he will.

McDaniels pulled out of the Colts job last year because he got inside info that Luck was finished. With the rise of Bill Bellichik's son in New England, McDaniels knows he has to jump ship and the Browns and Mayfield is one of only two jobs he would even consider taking.

The timing is perfect right now. Barring a complete diaster, Josh McDaniels will be out next Head Coach, and he will insist on bringing Nick Caserio with him...

We will finally right the years long wrong of firing Bellichik...McDaniels will be our coach for the next 20 or more years, guy is just going to win..he has learned from his mistakes in Denver like Bellichik learned from his in Cleveland.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I don't get the love for McDaniels. Wouldn't mind Roman.

I get the McDaniels love, I just don’t know if I buy it. He’s a very successful coordinator who has coached under the greatest coach of all time and coached the greatest QB of all time. We just don’t know how much Belichick does.

L
Legend
Legend
L
no way I want Mcdaniels if he has any personnel say.. he did that in Denver and it was a disaster

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I DONT get the love for McDaniels. Works well in NE under Bill but failed in Denver badly. Learned from his mistakes ? If thats true lets re-hire one of our old coaches we fired after one or two years..They musta learned somin too smile

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
L
Legend
Legend
L
he was horrible in St. Louis as well

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
he was horrible in St. Louis as well

He was horrible. But basically every offensive coordinator failed under Jeff Fisher.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he's kinda stayed out of the mix until better seasoned. I like him and Caserio but not infatuated. Roman is real interesting...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I think he's kinda stayed out of the mix until better seasoned. I like him and Caserio but not infatuated. Roman is real interesting...

I find it hard to believe we would hire an offensive coordinator, with no head coaching experience, again after Kitchens went down in flames.

With that said, based on everything I’ve seen so far I’d guess that Josh McDaniels is the favorite with Kevin Stefanski being a close second.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They probably dont have the luxury of time this year. Hope they're well prepared to grill these guys! I like the names popping up!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
no way I want Mcdaniels if he has any personnel say.. he did that in Denver and it was a disaster

Agree with that. I don't get the fascination of letting head coaches wear more than one hat. Especially first time HCs. I'd be happy with a McDaniels hire if he agrees just to be a straight up Head Coach. As I said before, he's pretty much following the coaching career path that Belichick did, and is considered one of the smarter minds in the game. He's at least had a taste of Head Coaching before, so he knows the role, and he's had time to learn more under one of the best coaches since then.

I'd prefer McCarthy at this point, but I'm good with McDaniels, so long as he's just a HC. This team needs an experienced guy on the top. Not another guy trying to find his stride in another first time role.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its where Caserio comes into play. I still feel Dorsey will have his feathers ruffled sooner or later in this mess.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think McCarthy is the safe bet, not sure he's the game changer fans want though.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
The McDaniels and Ceserio would be a good hire for the Browns, imo. The two obviously know each other well and have worked together for years.

There should be no conflict between the HC and his GM. If I'm Haslam, I do what it takes to get that deal done.

BUT, the #1 problem in Cleveland continues to be ownership. Is that factor enough to drive the top coaching and management talent away from taking a job with the Haslam bunch in charge?

It might take a long term contract to convince "the best" coaching and management talent to take a job with the Browns.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Josh McDaniels will be hired and get full control!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For some reason I thought MM was older. He's only 56. I just want a guy capable of going 10 plus season if by some miracle this organization can pull it off.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I think McCarthy is the safe bet, not sure he's the game changer fans want though.

At this point, that's what I want. No more trying to swing for the fences with first time guys that may or may not work out. Just get a guy in there that can get us to the playoffs on a consistent basis and actually build a respectable culture and reputation for a few years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
The McDaniels and Ceserio would be a good hire for the Browns, imo. The two obviously know each other well and have worked together for years.

There should be no conflict between the HC and his GM. If I'm Haslam, I do what it takes to get that deal done.

BUT, the #1 problem in Cleveland continues to be ownership. Is that factor enough to drive the top coaching and management talent away from taking a job with the Haslam bunch in charge?

It might take a long term contract to convince "the best" coaching and management talent to take a job with the Browns.

While I'm kinda glad we didn't do it with Freddie and wish we would have with Pettine, we need to bite our lips and stick with something for 3 years minimum. I realize how crappy it COULD get but somehow this needs to be the one. (fingers crossed)

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
McDaniels doesn't excite me, but I also don't think it is fair to cite his tenure in Denver as proof that he will fail again. Pete Carroll also failed the first time around and he has been very successful since his return to the NFL. So, you never know. Hopefully one learns (although it seemed Freddie didn't from week to week!), and JM has been tutored by the best.

We shall see.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Saw on an ESPN show, they mentioned Jack Del Rio. And how a hard nosed coach like him would be an ideal fit for our team/egos that exist on this team....thoughts?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't think McDaniels would be a Freddie/Hue type failure. I think he would make us competitive year in and out. I'm just not sure he is 'The' coach to take us to the big game or make us annual contenders. We have too much talent to not get this right.

Legend
Legend
Stefanski would be another good interview

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Saw on an ESPN show, they mentioned Jack Del Rio. And how a hard nosed coach like him would be an ideal fit for our team/egos that exist on this team....thoughts?
I’ve thought of this too ... a STRONG head coach who hires an innovative, young OC

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Must admit, I NEVER expected to be back at this same ol, same ol coaching carousel and offseason rumor mill of who to hire and who not to hire this year!

Freddie had to go tho. Man, what a drag!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Must admit, I NEVER expected to be back at this same ol, same ol coaching carousel and offseason rumor mill of who to hire and who not to hire this year!

Freddie had to go tho. Man, what a drag!

At least we're familiar with the music played on this merry-go round.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I was thinking more like your deepest, saddest blues! Not gonna lie...this sucks as did this season!

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think the Browns should let JW Johnson lead the HC hiring process.

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Just throw darts on a dartboard.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

rofl

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

I'm not certain that's already the process.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
I’ve thought of this too ... a STRONG head coach who hires an innovative, young OC

This is what I want as well. I do NOT want a HC hired only because his flavor of offense worked well the last year or 2.
The only person that's close to this type of candidate would be Greg Roman, but I need to read up on him a little. IIRC, he has a bit more leadership/coaching experience than your run-of-the-mill OC->HC candidate.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M
Kevin Stefanski AND Brian Flores were favored by DePo and company?!

I'm guessing Stefanski > Flores but I see why the analytics-leaning FO in Miami chose Flores now.

I mean, this situation keeps getting more laughable.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O

I like that we're at least not wasting any time with our interviews.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns coaching rumors

Link Copied to Clipboard