Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks for not stopping the carnival Jimmy...

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I think it comes down to this: we need a great coach, and with Dorsey in the house and insisting on control, our options were extremely limited. He had to either go or accept a reduced role, or else we were going to be begging unknowns to be our coach. He is a prideful guy.
This had to happen and is not the Haslams’ fault, IMO. Now we can pick from our wish list. For me, it is McCarthy. I like some of the other names, too.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: eotab
I love the despair invoked by so many fans...lol
Like 6-10 was nothing to be PO'd about but now its the end of the earth...lol laugh

Dorsey did a good job but then again who couldn't with the Cap we had, Draft picks we had.

Not a reason to be fired but he missed so so bad on the only OLman he took of note.

He was not perfect, he was the best we had seen.

Obviously we have been talking to people who want full control.

Is it McDaniels who wishes to be a carbon copy of BB??? He has HC experience he was suppose to be great then and bombed.

Don't forget who is close friends and a confidant of Haslam...none other than the great Urban Myer?

Anyone think Urban as the Csar/GM and Lincoln Kennedy as his HC?

I think something is up and we got to get the Minority Interviews over and then go with the plan being cooked up.

Hey I'm up for anything as long as it is forEVER and not one season.

Just a word of advice...STOP WITH THE CHICKEN LITTLE - THE SKY IS FALLING fan mentality. Lets see what happens.. It cannot be anything but good we got a wealth of talent (Garrett better be coming back from game one next season and have a chip on his shoulder)

We still have the best RB in Football and the best 2nd RB in football. Along with a great young franchise QB and a WR corp that is top in the NFL regardless of the LOW FANTASY POINTS of 2019. OBJ sucked and still had 1,000 yards - how many WRs did we have who had 1,000 yards and I think we had 2 WR accomplish that this season.

We need to go heavy into OL.

We need a playbook that will spread things not keep them in tight....if I see another Bunch tight WRs as if they were a bunch of OLmen I will shoot myself. We need to not bunch things up but instead...SPREAD Them out. Vertical and Horizontal.

So I'm saying we got Urban and Lincoln...you heard it here first.

Now hit me with the usual insults for thinking out of the box...lol laugh

We got to do something GREAT for a change!
jmho

Doresy did a great job but it is great now that he's gone? Who could't do a great job with what he had? How about every other GM we've had since the return. THEY couldn't get talent. Not one of them could draft worth spit. Dorsey was the ONLY real GM we have had since the return and in TWO YEARS he got us more talent than any of the other bums did. So woo hoo he's now gone and of course, you support that because Haslam can do no wrong. Well, when the new guy comes in a blows it all up and we draft like idiots again and again remember you are happy about it.

What great talent did Dorsey bring in? Most of his FAs have been major disappointments.

Last Draft:
Baker - Questionable at best. Major concerns
Ward - injury prone, and wasn't nearly as good this year.
Corbett - Awful, and gone
Chubb - excellent pick
Thomas - seems to be improving, decent pick
Callaway - gone
Ratley - seems like a decent pick given the round

This draft:
Greedy - decent but not great so far
Wilson - decent
Takitaki - barely played
Redwine - seemed lost, can't tackle
Seibert - good kicker, still some concerns, but a 5th rounder?
Forbes and Lewis? No clue

OBJ is gonna be fine, but his attitude needs checked. Vernon was a huge disappointment. Randall was a good trade, but his attitude sucks and he's gone.

Again, what "great" talent? There hasn't been a GM in history set up like he was and he still doesn't have great results.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
It's almost a certainty that there will be a lot of roster turnover.

I do believe that we are looking at a partial rebuild. We have some holes that a Band-aid won't fix...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns have received permission to speak with Commodore
Sixtyfour.
Sixtyfour has years of experience in the Harvard Statistics Department.
The Commodore is expected to use his experience to assist new Browns GM Chuck Darts select draft targets.

What the ...? Analytics again? Groundhog day 2.0 frown

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Denzel Ward had the lowest passer rating in the league when a QB threw his way. He is the least of our worries.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The comments about OBJ crack me up. The guy played with a groin pull the entire season and still cracked 1000 yards. Yes his antics are a distraction but to claim a guy who toughed it out and played injured all season is a bad player makes people look foolish.

I am not denying that OBJ has talent. I do not like all the other stuff that comes with him. He is a me player that loves attention. Always something going on with OBJ. It seemed like Baker and Freddie spent too much time trying to get him the ball and it hurt the offense. Plus I bet he led the team in drops.
He felt rules did not apply to him. The visor, shoes, watch, pants.
Freddie was always down playing these things.
The OBJ trade should never have been made IMO.
Its hard to have team discipline with players who think they can do whatever they please.
I would rather of had our receivers from 2018 Landry, Higgins, Perriman. Baker would spread the ball around to 7 or 8 different players not just focus on 1 or 2.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Glw12
The comments about OBJ crack me up. The guy played with a groin pull the entire season and still cracked 1000 yards. Yes his antics are a distraction but to claim a guy who toughed it out and played injured all season is a bad player makes people look foolish.

I am not denying that OBJ has talent. I do not like all the other stuff that comes with him. He is a me player that loves attention. Always something going on with OBJ. It seemed like Baker and Freddie spent too much time trying to get him the ball and it hurt the offense. Plus I bet he led the team in drops.
Its hard to have team discipline with players who think they can do whatever they please.
I would rather of had our receivers from 2018 Landry, Higgins, Perriman. Baker would spread the ball around to 7 or 8 different players not just focus on 1 or 2.

I'm fine with OBJ.

For a "Diva All About Me" he was fine this year.

Sure, he had a few minor things.

But he wasn't a distraction other than for the haters who need someone to hate.

Would you prefer he act like AB?

I'd guess not.

OBJ kept it in check even when the media was hell bent on causing drama with him.

So I give him props for keeping it on track.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: Glw12

I'm fine with OBJ.

For a "Diva All About Me" he was fine this year.

Sure, he had a few minor things.

But he wasn't a distraction other than for the haters who need someone to hate.

Would you prefer he act like AB?

I'd guess not.

OBJ kept it in check even when the media was hell bent on causing drama with him.

So I give him props for keeping it on track.

OBJ loves drama. Hope the next GM sends him packing. As for being a distraction, I'd say he was.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Who is that guy? He's got 11 followers.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Random guy with tinfoil hat? Does he post on Dawgtalkers? haha

No Craps Given
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Who is that guy? He's got 11 followers.

Doesn't matter, it's on the internet, it must be true.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Can't wait to hear these stories... Hopefully it's after any new head coach signs the dotted line.. lol

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac

This bastard ownership will either get this right or be forced to sell the team...[/color]

I wish it were that easy. They just might get the next 15 FO and coach hires wrong. What's going to stop them?

Who exactly is going to "force them" to sell the team? Fans? Pffft - that's laughable.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Mac, I am sure you are correct , but where can I find these browns rules. I want to see what other handicaps we face in singing players.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Tornado Baker has left quite a bit of collateral damage.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac
Here's the deal folks..it doesn't matter who the GM is because Jimmy is going to briefed by Mr Moneyballs, every day.

Depodesta has created conflict within the Browns management ever since he was hired.

Depodesta is a big part of what is wrong with the Browns management.

As long as Haslam believes the crap that Depodesta talks, we can figure on another internal conflict with Depodesta in the middle of it.

Just look at Depodesta's record...

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The Haslam's will run this franchise into the ground just fine on their own. It has nothing to do with DePodesta.

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Baker played hurt most the season as well and is the first Browns QB to put up consecutive 3500+ passing yard seasons in a long time, but that doesn't stop people from complaining about his antics.

The shiniest turd in the punch bowl is still a turd.

Unless he improves a TON, Baker....isn't the guy.

[Linked Image]

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
Baker played hurt most the season as well and is the first Browns QB to put up consecutive 3500+ passing yard seasons in a long time, but that doesn't stop people from complaining about his antics.

The shiniest turd in the punch bowl is still a turd.

Context is a thing.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
Well, Atleast Dorsey drafted the worst rated QB in the league. At least we got that going for us.

Two QBs in the same draft class have now led their teams to the playoffs. Another one finished with a better record than us, despite having the cooties for a month.

If Flores plan was to save Rosen until next season with a new O line and other talent, then we could easily see Rosen outplaying mayfield next season.

Sad.

Yep - and not only that, as I said about a month ago, as soon as Cincy drafts Joe Burrow, we're back to having the absolute worst starting QB in the division....again.

[Linked Image]

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
Originally Posted By: Swish
Well, Atleast Dorsey drafted the worst rated QB in the league. At least we got that going for us.

Two QBs in the same draft class have now led their teams to the playoffs. Another one finished with a better record than us, despite having the cooties for a month.

If Flores plan was to save Rosen until next season with a new O line and other talent, then we could easily see Rosen outplaying mayfield next season.

Sad.

Yep - and not only that, as I said about a month ago, as soon as Cincy drafts Joe Burrow, we're back to having the absolute worst starting QB in the division....again.

It's amazing you can know a 1 year starter in college would suddenly be better than Baker. That, and I think Ben is done. I highly doubt he comes back at his age from major elbow problems.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Why does that not surprise me about Lord Dorsey one bit? He's as bad as Art Howe was portrayed in Moneyball - except worse.

Nobody says you can/should rely on data analytics solely. Nor should you rely on a single person/scouts evaluations. But to have the arrogance to throw that amount of work in the trash in front of everyone (if true) - I'd have fired his ass (Dorsey) on the spot.

What a complete tool.

Also - for those of you who hate analytics, welcome to the 21st century.

[Linked Image]

B
1st String
1st String
B
Everybody said Freddie was in over his head, and he was, but I also think The Haslams are in over their heads, as well. I don't think they know what to do and I certainly don't trust them to pick anybody or stick with anybody who might know what they're doing. It sure as hell won't be baseball "genius" DePodesta. Plus, I'm so f'n tired of hearing about analyitcs.

Dorsey brought more talent to this team in a short period of time than it's had in years. Sure, some decisions were not good, trading Zeitler was bad, but not every decision can or will be perfect. Jimmy Haslam now will likely be the reason this team falls back to 0-16 again, cause when he fails to get it right, the good talent we do have will all go bye-bye. If winning cures all, not winning kills all.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, I don't guess you want to buy my Baker jerseys?

L
Legend
Legend
L

Basically what I said earlier. Dorsey is a scout not a GM, a good gm would atleast consider the data and see if he can use it... a scout believes he knows by seeing. Seems to be a common theme with Dorsey wherever he goes, if he's scouting he's happy, but he's not GM material. He doesn't play well with others and thats the last thing you need in a GM...good riddance

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I see this bozo's up to 26 followers now.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Well said ... his people and analytical skills were obviously not good

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

Basically what I said earlier. Dorsey is a scout not a GM, a good gm would atleast consider the data and see if he can use it... a scout believes he knows by seeing. Seems to be a common theme with Dorsey wherever he goes, if he's scouting he's happy, but he's not GM material. He doesn't play well with others and thats the last thing you need in a GM...good riddance

Bingo. It's why his moniker of Lord Dorsey rings truer today than ever.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

Everyone needs to stop quoting this one. The guy has 11 followers, and just tagged a bunch of reputable people. He's making stuff up.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I see this bozo's up to 26 followers now.

Most of them are probably from Dawgtalkers. Because someone needs to fulfill their delusions.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
E
Legend
Legend
E

Because this writer is so unbiased?

The bottom of the page told me all I need to know:

Like what you’re reading? You want more? Subscribe to Football Insider for exclusive Browns content, including daily texts from Mary Kay Cabot and cleveland.com's entire coverage team. Register quickly below using your phone number.

Cleveland Media are trolls. They are half the reason I hate Cleveland sports.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M

Everyone needs to stop quoting this one. The guy has 11 followers, and just tagged a bunch of reputable people. He's making stuff up.

I agree. 'Cam From Canada' is disgruntled former (daily) caller to Cleveland Browns Daily and has been incensed ever since they quit taking his calls. If I recall, he lives in Vancouver and is nothing more than a fan. He tried for awhile calling into WKNR attempting to be someone "plugged in"to the team until he was blown off by them as well.

He's a clown.

*This isn't me defending moves made by Dorsey either.

Legend
Legend
Outside of the Tweets from guys with a handful of followers ... the picture being painted is one of two guys with some awfully big egos that based on a success streak of only 8 games last year, couldn't swallow their pride and do what's best for the team.

After last season's 8 game success, Freddie didn't want to maintain continuity from existing staff and brought in many of "his" guys, despite the success he had achieved with the previous staff. He then went on to refuse giving up play-calling duties, even after it was painfully obvious that he had no business calling plays. Game after game, we'd look respectable running down the field using the scripted plays that Monken helped setup, and then looked lost when Freddie went on his own. He kept trying to force they same formations, plays, tricks, etc all season long without much success. Teams would claim they knew exactly what we were running each play. But Freddie never bothered to pass the play-calling on to someone else, or try something different. He stubbornly, stuck to what his ego wanted to do, likely because he had a few games of success last season.

At the end of last season, Dorsey looked like a godsend when his draft class had panned out multiple starters, and potentially the top QB of a deep class. Based on that success, he then overruled everyone else in the front office to get "his guy", and then allowed him to blow up the existing coaching staff despite the previous success. As this season went along, and all those "great draft picks" that he had from last season started to look more and more pedestrian, he refused to admit his mistake in hiring Freddie. Instead of swallowing his pride, he insisted to Haslam that we keep him for another year, despite the team basically quitting on him.

Interestingly, Baker seemed to have the same mindset last off-season as well. "I did awesome the last 8 games ... I can do no wrong this year." It could be the reason there was such a culture problem this year. Leadership was setting a bad example.

Granted, I'm basing this on a lot of semi-reputable Twitter reports, but if this is correct, I'm somewhat glad we are rid of the egos. If we can bring a guy in like McCarthy who swallowed his pride, and took an entire season off to make himself a better coach, then I'd love to have that kind of culture on the team. I'm hoping we keep most of the remaining Front Office intact, and the reason why we ousted Dorsey is because he ignored the inputs of the others there. We can then hopefully build a structure with humility and everyone working together. I'm tired of heading stories of guys pulling rank and making moves against the consensus because they thought the knew better.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Did anyone read that blurb on nfl rotoworld about Monken going up to the opposite teams coaches prior to games and telling them how much of a mess it is here. Guess he was stating Freddie was using none of the plays that he (Monken) was working with the team throughout the week with...Man, what a disaster.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Tornado Baker has left quite a bit of collateral damage.

Ahhh... Was waiting for the "it's all Baker's fault" response. You never disappoint Rish!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Did anyone read that blurb on nfl rotoworld about Monken going up to the opposite teams coaches prior to games and telling them how much of a mess it is here. Guess he was stating Freddie was using none of the plays that he (Monken) was working with the team throughout the week with...Man, what a disaster.

That was obvious to me when watching the games. This only confirms what I saw.

Once Freddie went off of the scripted plays, this team failed to find a rythm, week in and week out.

[Linked Image]

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns fire John Dorsey

Link Copied to Clipboard