Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Mayfield is a backup at the NFL level.

The Browns would be wise to pursue Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins if he becomes available. Cousins a high 90's rated passer for his career, and Bridgewater a low 90's rated career passer.

I don't think Mayfield could beat out either of these guys in camp, but we def need to be exploring our options at QB.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

The Browns would be wise to pursue Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins if he becomes available. Cousins a high 90's rated passer for his career, and Bridgewater a low 90's rated career passer.

I don't think Mayfield could beat out either of these guys in camp, but we def need to be exploring our options at QB.

HAHAHAHA

You want Cousins!?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

HAHAHAHA

You want Cousins!?

Who wouldn't want a $30 million per year QB with a Jekyll & Hyde skillset???

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's anyone but Mayfield for some. We finally get a franchise QB and there are some Browns fans who want to get rid of him.... assuming they're actually Browns fans.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
It's anyone but Mayfield for some. We finally get a franchise QB and there are some Browns fans who want to get rid of him.... assuming they're actually Browns fans.

i remember this exact line from people when Quinn, manziel, and Weeden were our QB's.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R

Most fans want him to talk less, play better, win games, get some signature wins, work hard, be a leader, lead the team to the playoffs.

2 years in and there are questions whether he can be that guy that does any of those things. Meanwhile his peers are doing all of those things.

I appreciate your unwavering support and believe it is admirable. You have a conviction about him that is unmatched. For all our sakes, I hope you're right.

Swish #1707888 12/17/19 11:33 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You're right. It would be quite fitting for the Browns and their fans if we get rid of Mayfield and he goes on to some other team and has a hall of fame career.

Swish #1707889 12/17/19 11:34 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've been somewhat critical of Mayfield, but drawing parallels between Mayfield and those is silly.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don’t see franchise qb when looking at baker. But I rather he get a competent coach first to make a better case. Was last year a fluke and he’s not that good or was the offensive coaching that much better last year. I kinda believe the latter. Zampese and Saunders are highly valued whereas kitchens isn’t anyone and never has been. It’s not like he stormed up the ranks for his amazing coaching prowess and ingenuity

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I can only imagine the chaos on this board if we let Mayfield go (is this even a serious possibility at this point in time??) and he ends up in New England and Josh McDaniels or Stephen Belichick go on for another 15 years of dominance with Mayfield as their QB.

Something like that would never happen to the Browns.

Last edited by Haus; 12/17/19 11:40 AM.
Legend
Legend
You're right. It would be quite fitting for the Browns and their fans if we get rid of Mayfield and he goes on to some other team and has a hall of fame career.

and when has that happened to ANY QB we ever drafted?

name one since 99. we're all waiting.

there's like ONE dude talking about cutting the guy and getting...lol, bridgewater. i aint on that bandwagon. other than him, very few posters - if any - are calling for him to be traded/cut. i straight up said he needs a new coach and will get his rookie contract to prove to us he is a franchise.

but he ISNT a franchise QB yet. and he hasnt played like one.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Big Ben was handled with kid gloves when he came into the league. They ran the ball behind their super Oline and played amazing defense.

They carried him before he carried them.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I've been somewhat critical of Mayfield, but drawing parallels between Mayfield and those is silly.

the parrellels come from POSTERS saying

nobody is comparing baker to those QB's. just the notion that baker is automatically our franchise and future just because he got drafted in the first round.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Rishuz #1707905 12/17/19 12:09 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Most fans want to win. They don't care who the players are. If we went on to win the super bowl next year, no one would care what Mayfield says.

It's the notion that after 29 games people have decided he's not the guy is what's ludicrous.

Swish #1707907 12/17/19 12:11 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Don't twist my words.

Legend
Legend
make sure you take your own advice.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
so anyways, i do want to say this about Baker, when it comes to comparison to lamar.

WHERE THE HELL IS BAKERS TE'S AT?

i like RSJ and Harris, but man we should've kept fells on the roster. plus, why didnt njoku dress last game?

Njoku has been disappointing to say the least. but to be fair to him, he was only out due to baker throwing a medicine ball.

but the position HAS to get addressed nest season. i think our 2nd round pick needs to go toward the best TE on the board. if we bring back njoku, fine. but we need another guy. cause baker has no security blanket other than jarvis.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1707961 12/17/19 01:37 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Swish

nobody is comparing baker to those QB's. just the notion that baker is automatically our franchise and future just because he got drafted in the first round.

Superbowl MVP's are benched in other teams without such drama's...

Swish #1707970 12/17/19 01:53 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish

It kinda sounded like you were... or I misread. That happens, too.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Baker has every bit the arm Brees has and then some. Please stop making things up.

Legend
Legend
Baker has a great arm .... however his accuracy was off at times this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sophomore slump and still had more TD's than INT's I will stick with Baker he will be fine smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Sophomore slump and still had more TD's than INT's I will stick with Baker he will be fine smile

Is that the standard? He’s got literally 1 more TD than picks. A poor mans jameis Winston. Atleast Winston threw for 5000 yards.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
No I didn't say that all I said for a guy having a "sophomore slump" it could have been a lot worse ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Baker took a step back In 2019.
He felt he could arrive in 2019 without working hard and just move the chains at will.
As he told Mary Kay before the Steelers game
" I thought it would be easy "
All great QBS have a endless work ethic
Baker comes off as a know it all I know what
I'm doing kind of person
Well he needs to be reminded this isnt Oklahoma
Anymore
He doesn't have Lincoln Riley or Freddie Kitchens
Babying or catering to him now
Baker is the worst QB In the North now

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker will be much improved in 2020.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
No I didn't say that all I said for a guy having a "sophomore slump" it could have been a lot worse ...

Hardly... He only got back on track to not break the NFL record in INT's because the game plans were dialed back and he started to dink donk and play not to look like a fool.

From the last games I would say that the improvement was marginal from the start of the year... It would be very hard to do worst, he was almost at Kizer level...

Rishuz #1713659 12/31/19 08:54 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
don't consider myself a great football guy. but some of the young ppl on here make me just come by once in a wile.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Baker took a step back In 2019.
He felt he could arrive in 2019 without working hard and just move the chains at will.
As he told Mary Kay before the Steelers game
" I thought it would be easy "
All great QBS have a endless work ethic
Baker comes off as a know it all I know what
I'm doing kind of person
Well he needs to be reminded this isnt Oklahoma
Anymore
He doesn't have Lincoln Riley or Freddie Kitchens
Babying or catering to him now
Baker is the worst QB In the North now
where you trying to type this a really long haiku?

edromeo #1714397 12/31/19 10:03 PM
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: edromeo
If Baker and Lamar run the same read-option play does the defense react the same?
This is still my answer to this question.

U
Rookie
Rookie
U
Indeed Baker took a step back as a QB, but so did the WHOLE team for the exception of Chubb. The scheme didn't match the players on the field and discipline was the worst I ever saw. And don't get me started on play calling and game management either. For some posters on here they don't see a franchise QB in Baker, to me , he will be just fine,but to each their own opinion. That being said , it impossible to be a Franchise QB if you don't have a Franchise coach. Baker has played what 32 games give or take and is now looking at having his 4th head coach next year?! Name a Franchise QB that had to live with that to start their careers and was good. We will be lucky not to ruin this kid , like all other players we drafted.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: UrbanaDawg
Indeed Baker took a step back as a QB, but so did the WHOLE team for the exception of Chubb. The scheme didn't match the players on the field and discipline was the worst I ever saw. And don't get me started on play calling and game management either. For some posters on here they don't see a franchise QB in Baker, to me , he will be just fine,but to each their own opinion. That being said , it impossible to be a Franchise QB if you don't have a Franchise coach. Baker has played what 32 games give or take and is now looking at having his 4th head coach next year?! Name a Franchise QB that had to live with that to start their careers and was good. We will be lucky not to ruin this kid , like all other players we drafted.

Well said.

No Craps Given
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Kinda funny when Kitchens took over as Mayfields
3rd HC earlier this year nobody was melting
Down and saying " OMG Baker is on his 3rd HC oh poor baby"

Baker regressed cause his approach to the game
Became lazy and void of work ethic.
Baker didn't bother to work on his footwork...throwing motion...studying film on the
Defenses he had to face in 2019.

Baker.isn't a franchise QB. he's a potential franchise bust. How many playoff teams could he
Start for now?

1st pick of the draft. 32nd ranked QB.
No one to blame but himself

U
Rookie
Rookie
U
Kinda funny when Kitchens took over as Mayfields
3rd HC earlier this year nobody was melting
Down and saying " OMG Baker is on his 3rd HC oh poor baby"

Baker regressed cause his approach to the game
Became lazy and void of work ethic.
Baker didn't bother to work on his footwork...throwing motion...studying film on the
Defenses he had to face in 2019.

Baker.isn't a franchise QB. he's a potential franchise bust. How many playoff teams could he
Start for now?

1st pick of the draft. 32nd ranked QB.
No one to blame but himself

1st off where is this 32nd ranking coming from, please share. The NFL site has him rated as 22 but I can't share as I don't know how to. How do you know about his work ethic? PLEASE SHARE NOT OPINION! All things I seen said that he spent time with his receivers in Cali. In off season. Before you bring up the commercials, everybody has a RIGHT to make money out side of football. NFL stands for not for long. Funny that the whole team regressed during the whole season not just Baker. Again you are welcome to your opinion but without a FRANCHISE COACH WILL NOT HAVE A FRANCHISE QB! The coaching is responsible, again, name just 1 franchise QB that had to put up with this crap or dysfunctional season year end and year out!

As for the " poor baby" quote, we as fans are the ones suffering so stop the nonsense.

Also to answer your question about what playoff team he would start for, I can name at least 2. Minnesota and Buffalo to start out with. Yes I said it and mean every WORD! If you don't agree that's fine but their fans hate their qb's too!

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How could Buffalo Bills fans hate Josh Allen?
He got the Bills in the playoffs in only his 2nd year. Allen simply did things that Mayfield didn't do in 2019.
Kirk Cousins....really now.
I understand Fandom for Baker Mayfield. He played
Against some bad defenses in 2018 and made plays
But once the league got enough film on him
Baker got.exposed.
The truth is he'a a 5'11 QB who thinks he has the
NFL figured out.
He showed no growth as a NFL QB. Watch the film.
In fact watch game 1 vs the Titans then game 16 vs the Bengals

Swish #1714514 01/01/20 10:50 AM
Legend
Legend

When Mahomes was in the draft I wanted to take a shot with him.

However, it was clear he had to be developed. He went to the the right team in order for him to reach his potential.

Andy Reid knows quarterbacks and runs a great offense. He sat Mahomes for a year. Let him watch from the bench. Let him learn the offense and how to be a professional.

Aaron Rodgers sat in GB. He played for McCarthy. He had a chance to develop with a good team. Learn the same offense over a period of years.

We draft Mayfield to a team that won one game in two years. The plan was for him to sit behind Taylor and learn.

Since then Mayfield has played for three head coaches and three different offensive coordinators in his first two years in professional football. What a great introduction.

Talk about dysfunction. Read the article about what Monken stated about game week preparation.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/..._12680_30935687

What a great environment to develop a quarterback.

Despite that he set the NFL rookie record for a quarterback.

And there are posters who want to get someone else??

Un effing real.

I wanted Darnold. Another guy who went to chaos.

Message alert! It takes time and players around you with good coaching to develop into a NFL quarterback.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well said.

We're not getting a talent like Mayfield anytime soon anyway. Certainly not this off-season. We might as well put a functional offense/coaching staff around him for a while and see what he can do.

Haus #1714543 01/01/20 11:26 AM
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Baker cannot control what goes on around him.
But he can control how he approaches the game itself. And his approach in 2019 was absent
Of determination and a willingness to overcome
Whatever dysfunction was around him.
But now we are only hearing about the dysfunction

Legend
Legend

You are a student when you come into the NFL not a teacher.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Baker cannot control what goes on around him.
But he can control how he approaches the game itself. And his approach in 2019 was absent
Of determination and a willingness to overcome
Whatever dysfunction was around him.
But now we are only hearing about the dysfunction

When a QB has to constantly re-direct his star WR all year long when breaking the huddle...you might have an issue.

When your star WRs are running routes like 6th Rd projects...you might have a problem.

When your coach gets the play in with 10 seconds on the play-clock AND you have to redirect your star WR...you m ight have a problem looking at what the D is doing.

When you don't have ONE reliable TE on your team...you might struggle.

When your coach continually insists on empty backfield sets with the best RB in football on the bench and an OL that is a sieve...you might as well chalk up the year as a waste and get ready for next year.

The worst thing is that we really got zero insight on Baker's ability to develop into what he appeared to be capable of last year.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker or Lamar

Link Copied to Clipboard