Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
F
My wife and I decided to catch a movie and run some errands yesterday so I did not watch the game. I was able to catch a little bit of the radio broadcast from WLW in Cincinnati.

During one 2-3 minute portion of the broadcast Bengal color man & former OL Dave Lapham voiced his opinion that the Browns effort just did not look good.

I live in an area of a lot of fans of both teams so I have listened to Lapham a lot over the years and he has always seemed like a "call it like I see it" with no agenda kind of guy. I also rarely hear him criticize the Bengals or an opponent without cause.

He said after the Browns first touchdown and following some things not going away their effort was weak, especially at the line of scrimmage.

Since I did not watch it and deleted my DVR out of frustration can anyone who watched it give their feedback?

No agenda here, just curious of your impressions.

Legend
Legend
I noticeably saw Larry O get man handled at the goal line, which was not a good look.

I think everyone was to the point that “it’s whatever” and they were done feeling frustrated

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns had no will to win that game
Rewatch Mixons runs. Browns defenders wanted no part of bringing him down
The Bengals had more will to win.
Better team won.
The Browns players simply knew losing to the Bengals would accelerate Kitchens departure

M
Legend
Legend
M
There's been marginal effort for a little while now.

The team quit believing in Freddie a ways back.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I saw no problem with Genard Avery's, Myles Garretts, Danny Sheltons',
Trevon Coleys',
Chad Thomas', Chris Smiths', Emmanuel Ogbahs', Carl Nassibs', even Jamie Meders',

and Larry Ogunjobi's effort and tackling ability and want-to-it-ive-ness
yesterday.

Problem is, only Ogunjobi's still on the team,

Well I guess that answers my question, ... See after (cause I figured Duke and maybe Bitonio were the only dudes who would have to go because the Browns always cut their best players from the year before,
but, once Duke was gone, I wasn't sure who would be the good player the Brown's will cut in the offseaon
FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!

Well, now that I think about it, yep, it'll probably be Ogunjobi,

This is not any of our's first go arounds of blowing this up, and replacing it with crap,
then smearing that around in another attempt to rebuild something solid which will fall down because it's built on a foundation of smear.

Legend
Legend
Well, Redwine DID want part of mixon.....until he actually got some.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
The team quit, wanted to collect their game check and go home...which they did.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eh, Mixon was wearing us out the first time we played them. He is a damn good running back. I went to the game, I was more concerned with how the "Big 3" on offense were behaving on the sidelines than I was concerned with the effort.

I went into the game and said to the person I was with "If they give Mixon 20 carries, he is going to wear us out" and he did.

Game 1: 146
Game 2: 162

He just owns us.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. He and just about every other RB we play against. We still can't stop the run.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I disagree.

They marched right down the field with little resistance on their first drive.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed. He and just about every other RB we play against. We still can't stop the run.

Our linebackers are extremely soft. I understand that Mack Wilson is only 21 years old, but it shows. We need some veterans in there he is just too weak to play every down right now. Takitaki is horrendous against the pass. Schobert sure, but name the other guys.....gross

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Bengals 33 Yesterday's effort per Dave Lapham

Link Copied to Clipboard