Legend
Legend
M

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Jimmy just said they want someone "who will work within the organization, its not my way or the highway"

GOSH does that speak volumes about what we have been saying about John. . . .

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
And for good measure to close it out....

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

Jimmy just said they want someone "who will work within the organization, its not my way or the highway"

GOSH does that speak volumes about what we have been saying about John. . . .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here's the presser if you want to watch it

link

O
Legend
Legend
O
Again, thanks to everyone that was posting tweets. Much appreciated.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I listened to it, I am pretty sure he said we WILL hire from within the organization

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here's the summary: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Just make sure to send in your money suckers. LOL

Whoever writes this clown's speeches should get some credit. Totally clueless on running a professional sports franchise. Same song and dance as previous years.

Jimmy, here's a clue: You are a joke. Your team is a joke. The league knows it. The fans know it. You're very rich. Sell the team and enjoy the rest of your life so we can enjoy some of ours. Get the hell out of Cleveland and NEVER come back. Jackass.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I listened to it, I am pretty sure he said we WILL hire from within the organization

I was listening as well. It was confusing b/c he said it quickly, but he wouldn't say, Elliott Wolf will remain in his same role and DePo will remain in his role and then say we are promoting from within.

Zac Jackson has it as outside the org as well...

M
Legend
Legend
M
He's taking questions off the cuff - and comes across as genuine and has a desire to get it right.

Clearly/Tellingly when he was asked about letting the next guy have time to get it right if it doesn't go right straight away ... Haslam talked about needing to see improvement on the field and behind the scenes. Clearly FK was not.

On Dorsey - he was going to get a demotion and not have the HC report to him. That's why he is gone. Looking at who Dorsey chose - not totally surprising.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
On analytics - he explained it nicely AND had a (sort of) swipe at Freddie. . . . "Data can tell us what formation Baker is more successful out of" - and we can get much better at using that information.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I was listening as well. It was confusing b/c he said it quickly, but he wouldn't say, Elliott Wolf will remain in his same role and DePo will remain in his role and then say we are promoting from within.

Zac Jackson has it as outside the org as well...

CBD right now is saying that they are not sure either what he said.....they said they thought he said within, but its reported as outside. lol

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: The Beast
Here's the summary: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Just make sure to send in your money suckers. LOL

Whoever writes this clown's speeches should get some credit. Totally clueless on running a professional sports franchise. Same song and dance as previous years.

Jimmy, here's a clue: You are a joke. Your team is a joke. The league knows it. The fans know it. You're very rich. Sell the team and enjoy the rest of your life so we can enjoy some of ours. Get the hell out of Cleveland and NEVER come back. Jackass.
You do know that when your getting Questions and then answering them, its not a speech - right? A speech would be a prepared statement - read.

This is a press conference, where hes taking ? from reporters and answering on the spot.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

You do know that when your getting Questions and then answering them, its not a speech - right? A speech would be a prepared statement - read.

This is a press conference, where hes taking ? from reporters and answering on the spot.

His opening comments were basically the same crap he's spewed previously about thanking guys for the time with the Browns, what they want to do, the process and the fact that they want to win. No duh Sherlock. That's what I was referring to.

His responses to the questions were also pretty much the same crap we have heard in previous Q&A sessions. This guy gets ZERO money (or anything else) from me until (if EVER - and I doubt it happens unless he removes himself from "the process") he puts a respectable team that sustains excellence on the field.

He knows very little about what he is doing, his wife admitted as much regarding what they got themselves into regarding owning an NFL team and yet he continues to spew a bunch of crap about what he has learned and how this time will be better. I call [censored]. Get it done on the field or do us all a favor and sell the team to someone who KNOWS how to run an organization. What a buffoon.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I'd have to agree but what alternative do we have? Don't go and lose the team again? I don't own them but the Browns are my team. I tried to root for the Bills and the Packers after the Browns left but the passion was just not there. So my only choice is to hope the Haslams get it right before I meet my maker.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Does anyone know why this JW guy is helping with the coaching search?

D
Legend
Legend
D
JW is Haslam's son-in-law.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Kosar SideArmor

Because he is Haslam's son in law. What does he know about football? Probably as much as Haslam. It makes perfect sense. LOL

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Lol, this circus continues!

M
Legend
Legend
M

JW is also an owner of the team. Good, bad or indifferent, it's kind of hard to tell a team owner not to be involved.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like Jimmy. He was straight forward in his presser.He admits they were wrong..He admits it's not easy he seems genuine in wanting to build a great franchise. He didn't come off cocky. He admits starting over sucks.

The people who bad mouth Jimmy from inside the organization are past employees. Apparently if these employees were so good they would still have a job because they helped turn it into a winner. Well no winner yet..so try to put in the right people..another thing Jimmy admits they did wrong. again he is admitting his mistakes.

I'm not going to let disgruntled employees comments change my mind on the Haslams. This is a make it or break it. The Browns were a mess since 1999. It's going to take time for a first time owner to bring change.If they don't get it right this time then I will have to check my feelings on them.

Some people want Jimmy to sell the team. What if he does and the new Owner moves the team. Remember what it felt like the last time that happened.

What would be worse..Not having the Cleveland Browns to cheer for or being patient with an Owner who is trying whether he's doing it right or wrong.

jmo... Please no bats okay smile

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

JW is also an owner of the team. Good, bad or indifferent, it's kind of hard to tell a team owner not to be involved.

At the end of the day, the guy in charge MUST know what he doesn't know AND have the intelligence to surround himself with people who fill that void. Jimmy, Dee and JW have shown ZERO ability to do this. This is their BIGGEST mistake as owners. Haslam is rich which is fine. He knows NOTHING about running a professional sports franchise and should INTERFERE as little as possible. Stay out of the way, let the people you hired do their jobs and count the money. That's it. But no. He can't. He has to stick his nose into EVERYTHING which does nothing but cause chaos in the building. HE is the reason for the circus in Berea. The trouble is, he's too stupid to understand that. Like I said before - dumbass.

Legend
Legend
No bats from me. Pretty much agree with everything you said. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

At the end of the day, the guy in charge MUST know what he doesn't know AND have the intelligence to surround himself with people who fill that void. Jimmy, Dee and JW have shown ZERO ability to do this. This is their BIGGEST mistake as owners. Haslam is rich which is fine. He knows NOTHING about running a professional sports franchise and should INTERFERE as little as possible. Stay out of the way, let the people you hired do their jobs and count the money. That's it. But no. He can't. He has to stick his nose into EVERYTHING which does nothing but cause chaos in the building. HE is the reason for the circus in Berea. The trouble is, he's too stupid to understand that. Like I said before - dumbass.
Every owner has input into the team. NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. They give the directives one way or another - to say they should just sit there and let someone run their entire business isn't going to happen. I would even venture to say Kraft has directives for BB.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Every owner has input into the team. NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. They give the directives one way or another - to say they should just sit there and let someone run their entire business isn't going to happen. I would even venture to say Kraft has directives for BB.

Directives are one thing; talking to coaches, scouts, players and constantly asking questions and getting feedback from what seems like EVERY person connected to the team is absolutely RIDICULOUS! You CANNOT micromanage an organization and be successful. I think we ALL understand that given the performance of this team under Haslam's "leadership". He is clueless and simply refuses to change his methods. This is why the Browns are stuck in a cycle of SUCK. Wash, rinse, repeat. Nobody should wonder why the Browns SUCK at this point. One common thread: JIMMY HASLAM. Case closed.

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
I have yet to hear Haslam say " Iam failing as a owner"
Every 2,years he recycles the same "WE HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT SPEECH "
WELL THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

Anybody that employes Sashi Brown as a GM or
Freddie Kitchens as a HC has no clue on
Building a winning program

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
People bashing Haslam crack me up. If they kept Freddie they would be saying he and Dorsey are fools. He fires Freddie and lets Dorsey walk to make it easier for a new hire and people bash him for that. Who actually believes keeping Freddie would have been a good idea.

The guy spent a billion dollars on this team, thinking he doesn't care if they are a winner is asinine. He is probably just as frustrated as the fans with how it has gone. Finding the right people to lead a franchise that has been a disaster since 1999 is a tall task. Continuity would be great, but there hasn't been anyone here that has been worth the time to wait. I sure he sees a talented roster for the first time in years and is licking his chops to get the right person to guide it. Look at the money this guy pays to former employees, he can't be happy about that, but is willing to do it while searching for the right group.

So my answer is I will support and believe that he wants to win just as we fans do. Those who don't want to, should just move on, because he owns the team and that ain't changing anytime soon.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Every 2,years he recycles the same "WE HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT SPEECH "
WELL THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

Anybody that employes Sashi Brown as a GM or
Freddie Kitchens as a HC has no clue on
Building a winning program

EXACTLY! He is a FAILURE as an owner in terms of HOW he is managing this organization. Maybe it's time to REMOVE yourself from the "process". He can market like mad. As far as operations, he is a ZERO. FIX THE PROBLEM JIMMY! Duh.

O
Legend
Legend
O

The reason why I asked above is because I don't see more than 1 person in that building that's qualified to interview a HC in that building. Maybe Wolf is qualified. I don't think DePo is qualified to ask the tough questions, face-to-face, even if he will put together a killer spreadsheet showing us who we should be looking at (and I'm not mocking him with that statement).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He has admitted to making many mistakes..Some Owners would never admit to that.

You ever try to build a motor.. want to add more horse power and torque. You put the motor together believing that you got it right. Then you turn the key

Well back to square one that didn't work...lets try...

Lots of dirty hands long nights and lots of cash... getting close to making that motor purrrr like thunder

Takes time takes effort takes reapplying a plan to get it that way.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I don't think DePo is qualified to ask the tough questions, face-to-face, even if he will put together a killer spreadsheet showing us who we should be looking at (and I'm not mocking him with that statement).

Why don't you think DePo is qualified to ask "tough questions?" What are these tough questions and why would anybody be afraid to ask them in an interview process? It's more important to ask the right questions.

Whatever questions he has asked or interviews he's been involved in have led to the conclusion in his process that McDermott and Stefanski should have been the hires.

Was Dorsey qualified to ask tough questions? If so, that got you Freddie Kitchens.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

How many owners have said that? Ever?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Why should the fans support or believe in Haslam?

Link Copied to Clipboard