Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump's selling koala candles on his campaign website.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Trump's selling koala candles on his campaign website.

Made from koala lard, I'm sure.

No Craps Given
jfanent #1706328 12/15/19 03:28 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Mr Squire, I hope you do a better job of representing the Cleveland Browns in southern Colorado, than you do talking climate on this thread.

Your views are antiquated, and will fall. It’s a matter of time

What "talking climate on this thread" did he do? I don't see where he expressed his views. All I see is a link that he posted that probably just shows faulty predictions. I couldn't get it to open.

Corrected link

I cut off part of the url when I pasted it over here.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

What's with all the talk of Koalas... what the hell did I miss?

Fires in Australia that some people are linking to man-made climate change. Pictures of crispy Koalas are a byproduct.

Things did go a little sideways.

Yikes,, that's disgusting...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://youtu.be/yVnV2ejyYYo

Biodiversity is all we have, this Koala unfortunately didn’t make it, despite a valiant effort. Parts of Australia recently broke all time highs.

Everyone that has fought me on this issue, should be ashamed of themselves.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
P
Legend
Legend
P
Much like their fearful leader, many of them know no shame.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Not going to bury this one. Hot shot crews are admirable human beings, especially in a burning world.

Legend
Legend
The number one issue we face for continued human survival and nearly 40% of Americans thinks everything is a hoax because of an insane narcissistic racist dolt In the WH.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Not going to bury this one. Hot shot crews are admirable human beings, especially in a burning world.

1851 & 1898 5 mil acres burned with 24 deaths

Five deadliest bushfires on record

(Ranked according to number of fatalities)

1. Black Saturday (VIC), 7-8 Feb 2009

Black Saturday resulted from some of the worst fire conditions ever recorded in Victoria. Record-high temperatures and strong winds after a season of intense drought set the bush alight across the state, causing widespread devastation, 173 fatalities and the destruction of more than 2000 homes.

2. Ash Wednesday (VIC, SA), 16-18 Feb 1983

Widespread drought, gale-force winds, high temperatures and low relative humidity set the scene for a series of fires across Victoria and south-eastern South Australia. Accidents and arsonists started most of the fires, which spread rapidly through scenic residential regions near Melbourne and Adelaide, resulting in the death of 75 people and the destruction of nearly 1900 homes.

3. Black Friday (VIC), 13-20 Jan 1939

Drought conditions and water shortages also preceded Black Friday, but the usual combination of high temperatures, strong winds, and low humidity finally triggered fires throughout bush communities near Melbourne. Well-meaning locals and graziers made the problem worse by trying to use controlled burns to protect themselves from disaster, only to see their good intentions help spread the flames. In all, 71 people were killed and 650 houses were destroyed. A Royal Commission investigation into the fires led to increased fire awareness and prevention efforts throughout Australia.

4. Black Tuesday (TAS), 7 Feb 1967

An unusually abundant spring covered Tasmanian forest floors with litter, providing excess fuel for the bushfire season. Strong northerly winds and high temperatures coupled to help fuel at least 80 different fires across southern Tasmania, which swept over the south-east coast of the state and came within 2km of central Hobart. The fires killed 62 people and razed almost 1300 homes.

5. Gippsland fires and Black Sunday (VIC), 1 Feb-10 Mar 1926

Large areas of Gippsland caught fire, culminating in the Black Sunday fires on 14 February that killed 31 people in Warburton, near Melbourne. Over the two-month period, a total of 60 people were killed.

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/...ralias-history/

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Fact, statistically speaking, if you voted for Donald Trump, you are possibly, a southern, religious, gun protecting, wealth preserving individual. Human rights must have gotten a pass on the segregation thing, huh?

Your antiquated ideology will fall, and will fall hard.

No need to tip me on this one, it’s on me.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am a southern, non-religious, gun protecting, wealth preserving individual.

And I have eaten kangaroo.

It was kinda chewy.

I believe in protecting the environment. But I don't believe in the made up climate change hysteria that the freakazoids put forth as fact.

Do tell us some more about how the Sun doesn't affect the climate. We'd love to hear about it.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
If what you speak is true, I weep for the AtL

Insight to your region, you will lose

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1718159 01/07/20 09:54 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Nice one !

So your saying it hasn't been the hottest and driest summer on record? And thus is the first time people have been arrested for staying fires?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Squires #1718160 01/07/20 09:56 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Squires

Thanks for posting that. I saw it earlier and thought about posting it, but you know, arson is equal to climate change and all.

mgh888 #1718189 01/08/20 07:52 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Nice one !

So your saying it hasn't been the hottest and driest summer on record? And thus is the first time people have been arrested for staying fires?

No, he's saying that climate change didn't start the fires.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1718206 01/08/20 09:00 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Nice one !

No, he's saying that climate change didn't start the fires.

People start fires all the time - in Australia and all over the world. In the USA 85% of forest fires are caused by humans.

But that's not the "story" and it's not why climate change is a factor. The reason climate change is a factor is how widespread and vast the fires are and how they cannot be extinguished.

Anyone want to guess WHY the fires are so widespread, vast and hard to extinguish??

I mean I know it's a catchy little thing to write those inane and thoughtless, clueless sentences trying to suggest that there is no climate change because people have been arrested for arson. But how absurd and ignorant does someone want to be?

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Arizona Pastor: ‘God’s Judgement’ Responsible For Australian Wildfires

Blame God For The Fires: Arizona Pastor Steven Anderson claims the catastrophic wildfires in Australia are being caused by God because Australia has been “banning and deporting preachers of the Gospel.”

Pastor Anderson, the founder of the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Arizona, gave God all the credit for the devastating fires destroying Australia earlier this week via Facebook.

On his church’s Facebook page Anderson declares:

Maybe if Australia weren't banning and deporting preachers of the Gospel, they wouldn't be under the judgment of God.

Australia officially banned Pastor Anderson from entering the country last July, and for good reason. The man is a deplorable human being and a promoter of Christian hate. Known as the “death to gays” pastor, Anderson frequently calls for the execution of LGBT people.

For those unfamiliar with Pastor Anderson, he is an obnoxious Christian extremist with a history of preaching a hateful and extreme Christian fundamentalism. Previously the Arizona pastor has called for the public execution of gays and lesbians, and prayed for the death of Caitlyn Jenner.

Anderson, the founder of Arizona’s Faithful Word Baptist Church, an “Independent Fundamental Baptist” church that uses only the King James version of the Bible, leads a hyper-conservative, virulently anti-gay congregation, and has previously called on the government to establish a Biblically mandated death penalty for LGBT people.

In the past the controversial pastor has used the Bible to explain why women should not have the right to vote, the right to work outside the home, or the right to seek a divorce.

In addition, Anderson has defended the institution of slavery “because the Bible’s always right.”

In short, Pastor Anderson is a dangerous Christian extremist who takes the Bible literally, even when doing so leads to morally reprehensible positions, such as defending the death penalty for gays.

In addition to being banned by Australia last July, Botswana arrested and deported Anderson in 2016 for hate speech; in 2018 Anderson was banned from Jamaica and was ejected from South Africa, and last year the “good Christian man” was banned from the Netherlands.

Bottom line: Arizona Pastor Steven Anderson claims the catastrophic wildfires in Australia are being caused by God because Australia has been “banning and deporting preachers of the Gospel.”

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv...OMPFVBE2crKfoSs

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1718478 01/08/20 07:43 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
What's the betting that this total whack job Pastor who really should be receiving treatment at a mental institution was a Trump voter?

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Imagine a Bear being so hot and thirsty that it comes out of the woods to beg a drink from Humans. Just Amazing.

Even if it is an Aussie sissy half Bear.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So what you're implicating is that Climate change is the direct cause of wildfires?

While I am not disputing that our climate is changing. How would you explain wildfires before the industrial revolution if you are insinuating climate change deniers are somehow to blame? Wildfires date back 24 million years.

BpG #1718981 01/10/20 10:57 AM
Legend
Legend
how often do wildfires naturally happen compared to the current douchebags who start lighting them on purpose now?

and science states that the climate has something to do with how long the fires burn. for example, even those the assholes started the fire, the actual climate there was already hitting records for its hottest and driest year ever. but you cant chalk always chalk it up to climate now because its being shown that these fires lately have been started intentionally by humans.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1718984 01/10/20 11:10 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Wildfires are rife in Australia - every year. They even have trees that have adapted to withstand brush fires and survive. Australian farmers and land owners routinely burn off the brush so as to prevent larger wildfires being created.

What is happening this year is different. It is the result of the hottest, driest spell of weather - creating a landscape that is like a tinderbox. As I mentioned before - every single year you get man made wildfires - in fact that is the biggest cause of brush/Forrest fires every year. . . . The start of the fires has not changed - it is the dry conditions of the outback/wild that has changed.

mgh888 #1718989 01/10/20 11:17 AM
Legend
Legend
well thats what im saying. the rate of natural occurring fires compared to intentional first since the industrial revolution has to be low.

climate change is helping spread the fires in the amazon too. but the reason why the fires started to begin with has nothing to do with mother nature, right? same thing with the current fires in australia?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1719013 01/10/20 11:53 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
well thats what im saying. the rate of natural occurring fires compared to intentional first since the industrial revolution has to be low.

climate change is helping spread the fires in the amazon too. but the reason why the fires started to begin with has nothing to do with mother nature, right? same thing with the current fires in australia?

I believe I heard it's been crazy hot and dry in Australia, which is perfect for a wildfire to last longer and spread further.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Let me know when the earth cools again and not a single sole makes posts when we go a record number without any wildfires.

Oh wait NOBODY will post a word about that notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1719187 01/10/20 04:41 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
If and when that ever happens, none of the posters who are on this board will be around to hear or say anything about it.

If you keep pumping crap in the air things aren't going to cool down. Even you should be able to understand that at this point.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1719219 01/10/20 05:24 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
And yet, where I live used to be under water as part of what is now called Lake Erie.

The current Sahara desert used to be a lush, plush area full of trees and grass and other vegetation.

Greenland.

All before any industrial age.

The earth warms and cools all by itself. It's a fact. It will continue to do so.

And before any one even thinks about saying I'm for pollution, I'm not.

PitDAWG #1719230 01/10/20 05:42 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If and when that ever happens, none of the posters who are on this board will be around to hear or say anything about it.

If you keep pumping crap in the air things aren't going to cool down. Even you should be able to understand that at this point.

Things heated up and cooled down way before we ever pumped anything into the air. Why do you ignore that FACT?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

And that's the key. When we didn't choke the world with pollution things were much different.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1719242 01/10/20 06:01 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

And that's the key. When we didn't choke the world with pollution things were much different.

Uh.........you missed the point. Imagine that.

You think the current Sahara desert was created because of pollution?

You think Lake Erie shrunk because of pollution?

You do realize these things, and many others, occurred way, way before man made pollution, right? Oh, wait. No, you don't.

GMdawg #1719243 01/10/20 06:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Because in all of recorded time it has never heated at this rate before.

That's a fact you choose to ignore. I mean I would hope you believe in physics. One of the major points of physics is this. It's Newton's third law of physics....

Quote:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object.

So to claim we can just throw ton after ton of pollution into the air and there are no consequences for those actions seems to defy the very laws of physics. You don't actually believe that do you?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet you pointed out that these things happened before the industrial revolution. I used one of the very points you yourself made.

I'll ask you the same question I asked GM. Do you believe in the laws of physics or not?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1719247 01/10/20 06:05 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

So to claim we can just throw ton after ton of pollution into the air and there are no consequences for those actions seems to defy the very laws of physics. You don't actually believe that do you?

Except, no one said that. Did they? Just you being you, adding comments no on said, asserting that someone said them, and then going off on a new tangent. Typical of you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
A tangent? Then what do you believe? I'm asking because you seem to indicate that you don't believe that when we pollute our environment negative consequences result because of it. Now if I have that wrong please inform rather than attack.

That's the exact intent of the question it seems you would rather attack than address. Either you believe that there is a direct impact on the environment due to us polluting it or you don't.

Just remember before you go off on yet another one of your tangents that I'm trying to find out what your position is here and it won't be me who is going off in some kind of rant.... again.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1719253 01/10/20 06:14 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
A tangent? Then what do you believe? I'm asking because you seem to indicate that you don't believe that when we pollute our environment negative consequences result because of it. Now if I have that wrong please inform rather than attack.

I have never, not once, said anything like that. Period. End.

The rest of your post is drivel, like most or your posts. You make a statement, claim someone said that, and proceed from there on totally baseless, made up lies that you created. That's you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you refuse to address the question in what you do and don't believe regarding climate change. That's pretty much what I expected.

You either agree or disagree that there is an equal and opposite reaction for the things that we do or not.

If you do, then you believe that man is instrumental in climate change. If you don't believe in the third law of physics you can use plausible deniability on the issue.

Yet you refuse to say and wish to blame me for that. Why am I not surprised?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1719261 01/10/20 06:33 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
What in the hell are you talking about? Rambling like an idiot, not eve bothering to read what I've posted? Pathetic on you part. Sad.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Burning Koalas

Link Copied to Clipboard