Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Legend
Legend
B
If you want to call it left overs, that is on you.

As far as I know the only guy we talked to that other teams talked to was McCarthy.

Let me guess, now it will be we talked to the wrong people.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hey, the Haslams haven't gotten it right so far. There's no logical reason to think the same people who have screwed it up over and over again will get it right this time.

Blind faith and hope I guess..... maybe.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree I don't feel any of the coaches are left overs..

Besides McCarthy and Daboll the coaches the FO interviewed are all being said to have futures as Head Coaches. That alone says something.

I heard that McCarthy hasn't even got a hold of Dak as of today. Also hearing people saying he hasn't changed and he more than likely is going to remain his old self.

Some things being said makes me feel like passing on McCarthy might have been a good thing for the Browns team.

It's not easy for fans of the team to feel comfortable and accept the process that is in place .. Years of failing and firing Coaches after a season two or three will make people feel negative and guarded about Jimmy.

I actually feel okay with what is going on.. I feel a lot better waiting on hiring a new HC then if Kitchens was working on his play book in Berea.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Only spin doctors would make up BS claiming the HC candidate with the highest rate of success in the NFL as an NFL HC being hired elsewhere was dodging a bullet.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not sure if there was any bullet dodging. May have been as simple as not fitting in. I guess as always it will have to be seen how the season plays out.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
We blew the McDaniels interview. He isn't coming here. Right after he got on the plane, his O and D Coordinators took jobs with other teams. That tells me Josh texted them.and told them Cleveland is a no go.

It all because of Depodesta, he is the reason McDaniels won't come here. Josh wants a NE style FO and that isn't going to work with Depo

Barring a complete 180 from Haslam, Stepfanski or Saleh is going to be out next HC

If there is any truth to this at all, then we didn't blow anything... I wouldn't want McDaniels - ever - if he can't work with a guy whose job it is to analyze and present data and the options that data supports. He is not a decision maker; so if McDaniels is threatened by that, then he is NOT ready to be in charge of this team.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Only spin doctors would make up BS claiming the HC candidate with the highest rate of success in the NFL as an NFL HC being hired elsewhere was dodging a bullet.

Stop it. He didn’t say it was dodging a bullet, he said it MIGHT be a better thing. Quit hyperventilating.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Wouldn't it be hilarious if ALL the present candidates turned down the job. Just freakin' hilarious.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Wouldn't it be hilarious if ALL the present candidates turned down the job. Just freakin' hilarious.

In a way, yes. But, I have strong psychic readings that there is a person out there who will be swayed by vast sums of money.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
j/c

The only guy that has been hired thus far, that I wanted, is Rivera. I still think the best of this years HC crop is still unsigned. Which means we have a shot at that best. How can we be upset about that?

Yes the other teams are getting a jump on the Assistant Coaches. It is a good point. But also an over-reaction IMO. That pool is so much deeper than HC. And I would rather get the HC right than get it wrong because I was worried about grabbing that OC. I am not overly worried about it.

I agree, if we have started GM Hunting the HC has probably been chosen. It will be announced when they feel it is best. I hope we get it right.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
Quote:
You know what they say about putting lipstick on a pig.

That you should only do it if your not going to get caught wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
You know what they say about putting lipstick on a pig.

That you should only do it if your not going to get caught wink

LMAO!!! Oh Damn!!!! That is exactly what this thread needed!!!!

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So the Patriots cheated their way back into the playoffs and hired Saleh away from the 49ers...go figure

Now it's known why McDaniels left last night..He has to coach in a playoff game today according to Mary Kay.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Man, this is wearing me out, lol.

Gotta take a nap!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I actually believe this one. Announcement tonight or Sunday morning

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
We blew the McDaniels interview. He isn't coming here. Right after he got on the plane, his O and D Coordinators took jobs with other teams. That tells me Josh texted them.and told them Cleveland is a no go.

It all because of Depodesta, he is the reason McDaniels won't come here. Josh wants a NE style FO and that isn't going to work with Depo

Barring a complete 180 from Haslam, Stepfanski or Saleh is going to be out next HC

Depo is not going to be McDaniels boss, so I cannot imagine him not taking the job because Haslam want to retain the employment of some part-time analyst that works out of another part of the country.

I know I wouldn't turn down a job just because I lacked confidence in a single person in some other department of the company.

If a candidate is that hung up on something like this, which I doubt to be the case, then that looks bad on them because it comes off as unreasonable rigid and unwillingness to work with others and potentially deal with conflicts that will inevitably arise in any endeavor.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Hamfist

Stop it. He didn’t say it was dodging a bullet, he said it MIGHT be a better thing. Quit hyperventilating.

Oh I'm sitting back laughing at the excuses being made yet again why we are last in line to hire a HC out of the leftovers in the NFL nobody else would hire and all of the excuses I'm reading as to why it's happened..... again.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Pretty much everyone I've talked to in real life, Twitter, the majority of the fan base is pissed. We've blown it.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think if it was McDaniels we'd know by now.

I don't think it's him. He's likely the candidate that had the most demands. He had nothing to lose. He's got a job in a place where he is comfortable no matter what. Wouldn't surprise me if the demands were a turnoff by most involved.

Just don't think there's any way it's him with the information leaking out either. Looking for GMs? Wouldn't need to do that with Josh. Not making an announcement because of playoff games? Josh ain't in the playoffs.

I'd be very surprised at this point if it's him.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I actually believe this one.

You believe the Patriots are playing in the playoffs and Saleh is their DC ? lol

R
Legend
Legend
R

I agree with this.

And I only agree with you about .1% of the time.

Looks like we'll agree again sometime next year.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well you know history of the Browns hiring coaches philosophy.

Next man up!

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Agree with this, unfortunately.

Seems like Stefanski or Saleh at this point.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
The thief’s stupid has no floor ... what a clueless jackass this dude is ...

Were checking out the potential HC’s pick for GM before we decide on the coach ...

Wonder what the menZa does if the HC they want the most has a GM they don’t like things about but their #2 HCing choice has a GM they like ... or what if their 3rd choice for HC has by far the best of the GM’s ...

STUPID HAS NO FLOOR with the thief ...

1. We don't actually know that is what is happening. It could be, or could be we are with the coaches agent ironing out contract details. That is a possibility, no?

2. If in fact we are looking at GM prospects, I don't see that as a bad thing. The object if to pair a coach with a GM.

1. Yes ... we don’t know what’s actually going on ... i was basing it off the tweet that said were checking out their GM choices now .... why? ....

Your OK with settling for your 3rd HC choice cause u liked his GM the best? ... that would actually be the smart way to do this so we know that wont happen .. the most important person in any org. Is the dude that has the final say on personal ... the thief still don’t understand that as witnessed by him once again doing it backwards and hiring his HC before pairing the HC with the HC’s choice for GM ...

But the moron is doing it backwards again and adding another layer of STUPID to it this time ....

I didn’t even think of this .... KJ got fired cause he messed up the Freddie here ... so if the HC gets to pick his GM does the HC get fired after year 1 if the GM hits on no picks and no FA’s? ... cause that’s what happened to KJ ... they’ll get a lot more rope cause the thief is in love with analytics and will give it every chance to succeed .... but u get my point ...

2. U make it sound so simple and sweet like the thief’s doing it the right way ... riddle me this Batman ...

See my first post on this ...

Let’s say we have the HC’s ranked

1. Josh
2. Kevin
3. Daboll

Then we rank the GM choices as follows ...

1. Daboll
2. Kevin
3. Josh ...

What then? ... oh ya ... the consensus ... rolleyes ... what a crock that is ... GREAT CONCEPT, not so good in reality ....

We may end u with our 2nd or 3rd choice as HC not because our first choice turned us down but because were MORONS with an owner that once again wants to re-invent the wheel ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
And I only agree with you about .1% of the time.

Looks like we'll agree again sometime next year.

It's not my fault you choose to try and be lucky instead of good.

wink

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
This just in;
analytics says that coaches with 9 letters in their last name have a 67% success rate in the NFL.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
H
All Pro
All Pro
H

Oh I'm sitting back laughing at the excuses being made yet again why we are last in line to hire a HC out of the leftovers in the NFL nobody else would hire and all of the excuses I'm reading as to why it's happened..... again.

Ok, regarding “leftovers”, if you had to pick one, would you go with Stefanski, or Joe Judge? If you go with Stefanski, then it wouldn’t be a “leftover” it would be a preference.

I know you liked an experienced HC candidate, as did I. However, the team, for whatever reason, didn’t pick them. That’s it. Calling the guys still left in the playoffs “leftovers” does them a great disservice.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Negative Negative Negative if we were the first team to sign a HC most of you Negative Nellie's would have said we didn't take enough time superconfused tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
See one Hubris Jackson hire for that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Hammer

I know our history of hiring HC's is not good but as a Browns fan I have a hope that this time we get it right ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Stefanski or McDaniels I can roll with either, but PLEASE NO DABOLL.

I admit, I am jaded due to his last stint in CLE and he may be much improved, great even....BUT, given McDaniels' resume and his teacher I'll roll my dice on him improving his 2nd time around rather than give the keys to DaBoll.

Just my 2cents.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Hammer

Maybe I’m misremembering, but wasn’t his hiring at the time considered a good thing?

That’s the problem with hiring an unproven, you just don’t know.

That said, the team didn’t decide on an HC so far with HC experience, so we will simply have to wait and see.

Legend
Legend

I get we all want to know.

But damn we don't know a thing.

The speculation from everyone is wacko.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ok, regarding “leftovers”, if you had to pick one, would you go with Stefanski, or Joe Judge? If you go with Stefanski, then it wouldn’t be a “leftover” it would be a preference.

You mean my preference of the leftovers. At this point, without any real HC experience, other than the one failed by McDaniels, they're all a crap shoot. That's why you find your target and go get your guy. If you can't accomplish that, you end up where the Browns always are. Picking from what's left after every other team got their target.

Quote:
I know you liked an experienced HC candidate, as did I. However, the team, for whatever reason, didn’t pick them. That’s it. Calling the guys still left in the playoffs “leftovers” does them a great disservice.

Let's not confuse what happened here. We don't know that the Browns didn't offer him the job. What we do know is after the interviews he chose to take the Dallas job. What you're doing is speculating on whether he was offered the job by the Browns or not. He may have just paid us a courtesy visit as a professional. I certainly don't know and neither do you.

#gmstrong
H
All Pro
All Pro
H

You mean my preference of the leftovers. At this point, without any real HC experience, other than the one failed by McDaniels, they're all a crap shoot. That's why you find your target and go get your guy. If you can't accomplish that, you end up where the Browns always are. Picking from what's left after every other team got their target.

Quote:

Let's not confuse what happened here. We don't know that the Browns didn't offer him the job. What we do know is after the interviews he chose to take the Dallas job. What you're doing is speculating on whether he was offered the job by the Browns or not. He may have just paid us a courtesy visit as a professional. I certainly don't know and neither do you.

Of course I don’t know, that is a given. And it may have been a courtesy visit, sure. It was labeled as an interview, so that’s what we have To go with, I suppose.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He may have also been offered the job or invited back for a second visit and chose Dallas instead. My point is saying "We didn't choose him" is in no way representative as to what may have transpired.

I mean it sounds good through Browns colored glasses but I mean.....

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
That's why you find your target and go get your guy. If you can't accomplish that, you end up where the Browns always are. Picking from what's left after every other team got their target.

This makes no sense Pit.. Who another team targets and who the Browns target are totally different targets.

A team needs to target the right guy that fits. Just because those other teams hired their guy doesn't mean that guy would have been the right fit in Cleveland.

And if the Browns have a Target in a guy who is Sill in the playoffs...Then the chances of them getting their guy seems pretty good.

Besides all those teams who hired their guy already...well their guy didn't get into the playoffs.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Stefanski's wikipedia page was changed today and lists him as the Cleveland Brown's head coach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Stefanski

Whoever is updating those pages apparently does it for a lot of NFL coaches. Do they know something we don't or just making a wild guess?

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC Search Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard