C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Flip Wilson?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I think DeFilippo is better suited as a QB coach. JMO

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
All I remember about Flip is that his offenses were panned as heavily as Shurmur's and Mo Carthon's. How and why he continues to get looks as an OC is beyond me.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I guess 2019 didn't happen hhahahah

O
Legend
Legend
O
If that's the way Monken wants to approach it, I can't really blame him.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

I guess 2019 didn't happen hhahahah

Since he was just OC in name and didn't call plays, he's probably trying to forget it all. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
If that's the way Monken wants to approach it, I can't really blame him.
I think that's the way Georgia wants to approach it smile

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I wish Monken best of luck in his new job. I don't really have a positive or negative opinion of his time here. It was an odd fit between him and Kitchens from the start. Time to move on.

Legend
Legend
Breaking: Former Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett has agreed to become the offensive coordinator for the New York Giants, a source tells
@WerderEdESPN
https://twitter.com/CST_4200/status/1218361076120723457

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Breaking: Former Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett has agreed to become the offensive coordinator for the New York Giants, a source tells
@WerderEdESPN

payback time for Jerry

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
@WerderEdESPN

payback time for Jerry

I'd like that. Lol

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
1st String
1st String
B
The Browns have made an addition to their offensive coaching staff.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that they have hired former Dolphins offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea. O’Shea spent last season running the offense in Miami, but was dispatched by the team at the end of the regular season.

O’Shea will not have the same title in Cleveland. Per the report, he will be the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator. O’Shea was the receivers coach in New England for 10 years before moving to Miami with head coach Brian Flores.

The Browns are also set to speak to former Broncos offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello and Rapoport reports they have interest in 49ers offensive assistants Mike LaFleur and Mike McDaniel. It’s not clear if either would be given permission to interview with the Browns, however, and there’s reportedly a chance that the Browns go without a formal offensive coordinator with head coach Kevin Stefanski calling plays on offense.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-add-chad-o-shea-150302712.html

Legend
Legend
If I were KS, I’d give playcalling to McDaniel to get him aboard

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
If I were KS, I’d give playcalling to McDaniel to get him aboard

The other KS might have the same idea for keeping him onboard in San Francisco. Luckily, he can only give playcalling to one of his assistants.

I wonder how much the similarities with Shanahan influenced the Stefanski selection.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
1st String
1st String
B

Report: Stump Mitchell to remain as Browns RB coach
Jeff Risdon
20 hours ago

One of the more popular and respected coaches from the 2019 Browns staff will stick around in 2020. Running backs coach Stump Mitchell is going to continue in that capacity under new head coach Kevin Stefanski.

Numerous outlets, including Nate Ulrich of Ohio.com, reported the news that Mitchell will remain on Monday afternoon. The Browns have not officially announced the move, however.

Mitchell is a former NFL running back himself and has worked quite well with standout Browns RB Nick Chubb. He’s also been helpful in developing the passing game skills of the Browns stable of RBs. The 60-year-old Mitchell came to the Browns this past offseason from the Arizona Cardinals.
Related

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/...vou0_WRS2QLz66E

B
Legend
Legend
B
We will have a nice blend of holdover coaches. That helps the new staff get a better feel for the players they inherit, and it helps the players when not everybody is a strange face.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So far I like the ones they have kept and don't have an issue with the ones they let go. I certainly didn't want to lose Priefer.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
1st String
1st String
B
I agree with both of you guys. Smart to keep some familiar faces, as long as they fit the scheme and can be positive contributors and I'm sure they will be, since the ones being kept are good.

No problem with anybody let go, so far.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So far I like the ones they have kept and don't have an issue with the ones they let go. I certainly didn't want to lose Priefer.

I agree Priefer or whatever the ST coach's name is. I wanted to keep him. I kind of thought we might keep Adam Henry.

At that level, all of those guys know what they are talking about and pretty much teach the same things as long as we keep it in the same scheme. O-line guys might teach different methods.

I am eager to see who we hire after Woods signs. I take the lack of defensive coaches at this point is to allow him to provide his input since Stefanski isn't a defensive coach.

Stef can hire offensive guys because it looks more or less like he will be the ultimate O coordinator. There has been word we may not have a "coordinator", which can work. Callahan is Sr asst. coach along with O line coach. Maybe he is heavily involved in rolling out game plans. Maybe there is still a hire on the way to do that.

It didn't work with Freddie. But I don't think Freddie is as smart, organized, or experienced in forming game plans as Stefanski. Freddie probably was never involved until last year. Stefanski as been involved in that for at least a few years if not more.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I agree Priefer or whatever the ST coach's name is. I wanted to keep him. I kind of thought we might keep Adam Henry.

At that level, all of those guys know what they are talking about and pretty much teach the same things as long as we keep it in the same scheme. O-line guys might teach different methods.

I am eager to see who we hire after Woods signs. I take the lack of defensive coaches at this point is to allow him to provide his input since Stefanski isn't a defensive coach.

Stef can hire offensive guys because it looks more or less like he will be the ultimate O coordinator. There has been word we may not have a "coordinator", which can work. Callahan is Sr asst. coach along with O line coach. Maybe he is heavily involved in rolling out game plans. Maybe there is still a hire on the way to do that.

It didn't work with Freddie. But I don't think Freddie is as smart, organized, or experienced in forming game plans as Stefanski. Freddie probably was never involved until last year. Stefanski as been involved in that for at least a few years if not more.

Stefanski took over as OC in Minny with 3 games left in the 2018 season. He was OC all of last season. Like Freddie, he has experience as position coach at TE, QB, and RB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not as quick to either jump on the bandwagon or abandon ship as some seem to be. I'm looking at the entire process one step at a time. I remember a very short time ago to hear it told on here, Wade Phillips was ready to sign and would be our next DC. So until the ink dries color me skeptical about conclusions about who will be here and who wont.

Until we see how things are going to run, I won't jump to conclusions on what the exact responsibilities are of each part of the coaching staff is and how this thing will unfold.

I certainly understand how and why people wish to go in another direction than my approach. But I'm just watching things unfold and basing my opinions on things as they do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Freddie Kitchens' buddy. There were rumors about Kitchens being on the Giants' staff.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Freddie Kitchens' buddy. There were rumors about Kitchens being on the Giants' staff.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
NYG fans are melting down about the staff Joe Judge is putting together.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
NYG fans are melting down about the staff Joe Judge is putting together.

I think Freddie would be good .. just don't want him calling plays and being the head coach.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
FK to the Giants, hmm ... He’ll actually be okay in a QB coach/OC assistant type role

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FK to the Giants, hmm ... He’ll actually be okay in a QB coach/OC assistant type role

Definitely will. Most of our ex-coaches deserve those opportunities.

I always feel bad for Hue Jackson. I get that he has to build his career up from somewhere, but people laughed about him being an OC for a Marvin Lewis led team.

There's plenty of evidence that Hue is a good OC. Just as Romeo (while not a great head coach) was a very good DC. Pat Shurmur is a decent OC, not a good Head Coach. Mike Pettine, who knows, he screwed himself with Jim O'Neil (but he's a very good Defensive Coordinator).

They got hired as Head Coach for a reason. Generally because of their success as coordinators/assistants

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend

Good luck Freddie.

Brown and orange don't matter anymore.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Definitely will. Most of our ex-coaches deserve those opportunities.

I always feel bad for Hue Jackson. I get that he has to build his career up from somewhere, but people laughed about him being an OC for a Marvin Lewis led team.

There's plenty of evidence that Hue is a good OC. Just as Romeo (while not a great head coach) was a very good DC. Pat Shurmur is a decent OC, not a good Head Coach. Mike Pettine, who knows, he screwed himself with Jim O'Neil (but he's a very good Defensive Coordinator).

They got hired as Head Coach for a reason. Generally because of their success as coordinators/assistants

For sure. I think it's ridiculous/fascinating that after all this time and the countless firings/hirings throughout the league, in general nobody has really figured out the hiring process for an NFL HC.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
For sure. I think it's ridiculous/fascinating that after all this time and the countless firings/hirings throughout the league, in general nobody has really figured out the hiring process for an NFL HC.

There is no magic bullet for finding a perfect head coaching hire ... and even if there was, around half of the coaches in the league will still end up at or below .500.

Legend
Legend
And over half of ours will shoot themselves in the foot with the magic bullet. You know about HC success in hindsight.

I wish FK well, but not too hard. Good guy, just somebody else to beat.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Kubiak was never leaving Minnesota. It didn't make any sense for Zimmer to start over on offense. I thought Kubiak would stay in his previous with his son taking over as offensive coordinator but this makes even more sense.

Legend
Legend
I’m still holding out hope for McDaniel to be OC

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I’m still holding out hope for McDaniel to be OC

I'm with you. And I think it is something that could be in the works. Nobody has been attached to the position yet, and Stephanski has commented on not being in a hurry.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

D
Legend
Legend
D
That’s a good get for them ... he got hosed in Washington big time .... he never really got a chance as they never had any talent ...

Would have loved to have seen him go work for his brother ... *L* ...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Coaching news II

Link Copied to Clipboard