Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend

Who knows?

One game. Was it the Viking offense or the SF defense?

That game to me was the Vikings had no answer defensively against the 49ers offense. SF's offense controlled the LOS.

Stefanski? Any of the coordinators with no previous head coaching experience all fall into the same bin.

The high risk bin.

Nobody stands out.

What ever is put together in the end HC, GM, OC, DC, staff, free agents, draft picks, etc.

Please show up at he first regular season game and start winning games.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I think that nearly another 3 weeks plus probably a week to settle in hurts us.
I'd like to have a guy on the job while the NFL has it 2 weeks of boring SB sideshow.

They might have the contract done, ready to be signed. The have also said no announcement to upstage the playoffs. Maybe it will be announced in the morning, or even late tonight.

I'd like to have it done now as well, but in the big picture it isn't going to hurt much if it goes on several more weeks.

If it is somebody not in the playoffs, we will know tomorrow. If no word tomorrow, then you should be able to narrow it down.

I am sure the coaches agent knows he has the job and will relay the info on. The agent and the Browns can iron out all the details while we are waiting.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I actually didn't mention a time line. We're already the last one to arrive at the ball. Which I don't feel makes us "fashionably late".

So at this point what difference does it make?

I just find it funny how so many were pimping Stefanski only yesterday and all I hear about him now are crickets. The Vikings offense yesterday looked like Freddie was calling the plays.

That's what often times can happen when people get enamored with the flavor of the month. It's also a prime example of why I don't fall for things like that.

I want Schwartz, but I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the results of 1 game.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
We put up only 7 points less on that same 49'ers D than the Vikings did. You can spin that any way you would like to. You're not gong to beat people by putting up 10 points on the scoreboard.

Did their D manage to stop the 49'ers? No, not really, but how many games are you going to win putting 10 points on the scoreboard?

Come on man. Stefanski is their OC. He managed to score 10 points on the 49'ers. Even Freddie put up 3.

Freddie 2.0?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just doing an apples to apples comparison. We put up 3 on the Niners and Stafanski put up 10 on the Niners. I don't see the attraction.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I get your game. You have a agenda to not like Stefanski because you associate him with Depo...cool. As I said before, the measure isn't 1 game.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure ANYTHING the Browns could do outside of moving the franchise again would upstage the playoffs.

I dont see much Browns news on NFL feeds.
Nobody outside of Cleveland truly cares.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I'm not sure ANYTHING the Browns could do outside of moving the franchise again would upstage the playoffs.

I dont see much Browns news on NFL feeds.
Nobody outside of Cleveland truly cares.

100%

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I get your game. You have a agenda to not like Stefanski because you associate him with Depo...cool. As I said before, the measure isn't 1 game.

rofl

What part of his O looked inept and he could only put 10 points on the board are you missing?

I understand many of your ilk look for some deeper conspiracy theory these days but it's just not there.

I want my team to be a winner. You're not going to get there by putting 10 points on the board against top NFL defenses. Sometimes the math is much less complicated than you're making it out to be.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If it is Saleh, he can not sign until his season is done. Which could mean, after the Super Bowl.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Rookie
Rookie
W
No wonder we can't improve,we have an owner that gets in the way with bad choices.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
So, I guess Freddie is a better coach than Vrabel as the Browns put up more points against the Ravens than the Titans did.

Legend
Legend

Don't believe much can be derived from one game.

Especially on a coach. Ravens got trashed. Is Harbough now a poor coach?

Way to many factors to lay that lose on the OC.

Stefanski and what he does with the Browns is all that matters.

And that is yet to be determined. I have no idea if he will bomb, be great, or just ok.

I would be saying the same for all the candidates except McCarthy because he had a verifiable NFL head coaching record.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So Jimmy is going to hire Robert Salad or Kevin Steponyournosey??

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I thought you said you were going to root for the Titans...?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems to be a done deal now and I will support him just like I have every other HC and FO that has come here.

But before you use the "one game" thought process, you may wish to look at their schedule this year and see exactly how their O performed against most of the better D's they faced. There were a few times they did okay against good D's, but more times than not the outcome wasn't so good.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dave
Haslam heads an organization that does not value leadership as much as it should because he himself is a weak leader. He bows before the Altar of Consensus, which can often be the antithesis of leadership, because it deflects accountabilty by spreading potential blame around the room. At least until some poor, under-qualified schlub his committee hired fails, and they all agree to fire him. Then he seeks "alignment" once again with a new bunch of under-qualified schlubs.

IMO, true leadership doesn't seek consensus; true leadership forges consensus.

So he and his committee of statisticians, capologists/CPAs, wife, and son-in-law are on a new path of seeking consensus, while apparently ignoring (or not inviting) input from two bright football minds still in the organization - Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Hightower. They will agree to hire a new HC who convinces them that he is in total alignment with their so-called vision. Maybe this time it will work, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As the saying goes, "A camel is what you end up with when a committee designs a horse.".

One of the best posts ever.

Well said.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Dave
Haslam heads an organization that does not value leadership as much as it should because he himself is a weak leader. He bows before the Altar of Consensus, which can often be the antithesis of leadership, because it deflects accountabilty by spreading potential blame around the room. At least until some poor, under-qualified schlub his committee hired fails, and they all agree to fire him. Then he seeks "alignment" once again with a new bunch of under-qualified schlubs.

IMO, true leadership doesn't seek consensus; true leadership forges consensus.

So he and his committee of statisticians, capologists/CPAs, wife, and son-in-law are on a new path of seeking consensus, while apparently ignoring (or not inviting) input from two bright football minds still in the organization - Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Hightower. They will agree to hire a new HC who convinces them that he is in total alignment with their so-called vision. Maybe this time it will work, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As the saying goes, "A camel is what you end up with when a committee designs a horse.".

One of the best posts ever.

Well said.

+1 ...

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'll also add that McDaniels is not the coach because he wanted to remove Jimmy, JW, and Depo from football decisions.

That should give everyone a warm fuzzy.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you know that how?

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
And you know that how?

R
Legend
Legend
R
McDaniels wanted a complete overhaul of the structure of the football side of the team. He essentially wanted exactly what Dave was talking about...instead of consensus amongst a large number of people he wanted the football side to be a more narrow structure. It was too much for Haslam to give up. He couldn't take the thought of not being able to meddle, show up at practice, and ask assistant coaches what they think of Josh and the GM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I'll also add that McDaniels is not the coach because he wanted to remove Jimmy, JW, and Depo from football decisions.

That should give everyone a warm fuzzy.

How do you know? Have a link?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're going on Breer saying it was "his sense"? You do realize that means it was just his opinion, right?

Is that the standard we're using now to arrive at a conclusion?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
From everything I can conclude they are simply using opinions of others with no actual basis in facts.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
So you're going on Breer saying it was "his sense"? You do realize that means it was just his opinion, right?

Is that the standard we're using now to arrive at a conclusion?

Breer says McDaniels wanted sweeping changes. His sense is that that was a problem.

I wanted McDaniels. The team probably needs sweeping changes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I thought you said you were going to root for the Titans...?

I have a curiosity OK??

This expansion team is like a train wreck, so call me for rubbernecking.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
probably picking out his 0ffice
I literally just tweeted that.

I am hearing its a done deal. #fansw/sources

#fansw/crappysources

Legend
Legend

At this point none of it matters to me anymore.

Both Stefanski and Andrew Berry (reported hire) have never held the positions they were hired to do.

Both guys have resumes that are not way out there as far as a reach. But at the same time neither are on a white horse to save the day.

Hope this experiment works. Can not say I am filled with confidence.

We have some talent. We also have holes to fill.

My biggest concern is Mayfield. He has to play better. If he doesn't we are back to "finding the guy". That is to depressing to even think about.

I still believe he has the capability. But I also saw enough to wonder.

The 2020 edition of the Browns?? Could not even venture a guess.

Legend
Legend
My hope is that I believe baker at his peak is better than cousins at his peak.

So if stefanski can even replicate the same level of production out of baker, then we should be go to go.

But if stefanski is the offensive guy people say he is, then baker better show up, cause he won’t have any excuses.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC Search Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard