Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trade his a$$!!

All Pro
All Pro
Really? On my department that would not even get noticed. Now if it had been a vigorous goosing we might be having a different conversation. I'm more curious about what the guard was jaw boning with one of the LSU players over anyway. I'm going to go with more to this story than we've seen.

Off season incident. As long as it doesn't hamper his performance on field I really don't care.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just don't do the dance with any cops. Who knows what other charges they may drum up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Its been reported that he's a NOLA policeman, but I don't know if he's a LEO or private security. It doesn't matter. Its just wrong to lay hands on a stranger that way, and really dumb if they're in uniform.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll go with what another poster eluded to in the Tailgate forum.

What of it been Gronk who did this?

We know everyone would be looking at it totally different.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And no less dumb for anyone in uniform to react by pressing charges for something like this.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
New Orleans Police Officer.
ok, then yeah.... rut-roh, Raggy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
Really? On my department that would not even get noticed. Now if it had been a vigorous goosing we might be having a different conversation. I'm more curious about what the guard was jaw boning with one of the LSU players over anyway. I'm going to go with more to this story than we've seen.

Off season incident. As long as it doesn't hamper his performance on field I really don't care.

I guess some of the players were smoking cigars. The cop got bent out of shape that someone wasn’t following the rules.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some of tend to take into account that this was in a celebratory, adrenaline filled locker room after a national championship game. An environment of frivolity.

Others of us, not so much.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And no less dumb for anyone in uniform to react by pressing charges for something like this.

When it comes to unwanted physical contact with a policeman, you can bet its going to be enforced every single time. A lot of cops would have spun him face first into a wall and cuffed him on the spot. This cop showed restraint. There were no charges until the video showed up on social media yesterday. As soon as the video appeared, he was going to be charged, if only as a deterrant. Take it from the son of a Cleveland policeman. My father would come home with spit on his uniform sometimes that he didn't/couldn't react to because it was in a volatile setting. But once there's physical contact with a cop, its game on.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I guess some of the players were smoking cigars. The cop got bent out of shape that someone wasn’t following the rules.

Bringing celebratory cigars into the locker room (I assume they brought them in with them when they got there) is grounds for punishment. Shouldn't jinx it like that before the game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Just don't do the dance with any cops. Who knows what other charges they may drum up.

Bring a chaperone.

#notouching #Iwannaseedaylight

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Now if it had been a vigorous goosing we might be having a different conversation.

"Vigorous goosing." I'm in tears.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dave
My father would come home with spit on his uniform sometimes that he didn't/couldn't react to because it was in a volatile setting.

Props and kudos to your dad for being a police officer.

That said - putting your dad being spat on in the same sentence a discussing OBJ slapping this cops butt is flat wrong.

This reminds me of the stuff about Baker ... if someone doesn't like Baker every thing he says and does gets raked over the coals and the hate spills out. Same here with OBJ. . . . As someone just posted in pure football - if this was Gronk or a "zaney" white dude, no-one would say anything.

Was it stupid ? Yes. Dumb ? Yes. What you want your star WR doing? No. . . a big deal? No.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/16/20 04:36 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Now imagine how this would be played if Gronk did this.

How do you think it would have played out, and why do you think it would have been different if it were Gronk that did this?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Does the New Orleans mayor really think this is going to be a good look for his police department? Arrest a guy for slapping someone on the butt in a locker room, isn't it expected in a locker room to get butts slapped?

Call me old fashioned, you don't slap a Cop in the butt. If he isn't being arrested for that, maybe for being stupid.

I don't care where you stand on Police Officers, you just don't do that my man.

It's like if you were 9 and slapped the school Principal in the butt....guess what?

Many of these guys talk about disrespect. Well, there you go.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
There is no criminal charge against stupidity.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
This reminds me of the stuff about Baker ... if someone doesn't like Baker every thing he says and does gets raked over the coals and the hate spills out. Same here with OBJ. . . . As someone just posted in pure football - if this was Gronk or a "zaney" white dude, no-one would say anything.

Baker's not white? This isn't a racial issue. Its a respect issue. There's things you just don't do.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's odd. An actual member of this board who is a police officer responded on the same subject in Pure Football. He said in his department nothing would have been done.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Much ado about nothing.

They're calling this an assault. That's stretching it a bit. I'm a retired police supervisor. I would never have signed off on calling this an assault. It does qualify as obstruction/interfering with police business, but even that, given the situation, is a stretch. OBJ should just have his lawyer negotiate it down to obstruction, pay the fine, and call it a day.

I think he has bigger problems handing out cash to LSU players. I don't have an issue with that either, but the NCAA is going to call that financial gain by college athletes or something stupid.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Legend
Legend
B
Some of tend to take into account that this was in a celebratory, adrenaline filled locker room after a national championship game. An environment of frivolity.

Some do, some say show respect. We need to rid our team of that guy. It's always something with him.

So, maybe groping a few women because things are happy and gay makes it ok?

I think not. If you start to think, you'll agree.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

When it comes to unwanted physical contact with a policeman, you can bet its going to be enforced every single time. A lot of cops would have spun him face first into a wall and cuffed him on the spot. This cop showed restraint. There were no charges until the video showed up on social media yesterday. As soon as the video appeared, he was going to be charged, if only as a deterrant. Take it from the son of a Cleveland policeman. My father would come home with spit on his uniform sometimes that he didn't/couldn't react to because it was in a volatile setting. But once there's physical contact with a cop, its game on.

This right here 100%. If it wasn't on social media there would be no charges.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Haus

How do you think it would have played out, and why do you think it would have been different if it were Gronk that did this?

Oh that's simple. Because Gronk is thought to be the happy, party guy drunk, whose antics are funny and light hearted. People don't try to find the most sinister motivation behind everything he does when he's acting silly.

It's all about perception.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: mgh888
My father would come home with spit on his uniform sometimes that he didn't/couldn't react to because it was in a volatile setting.

Props and kudos to your dad for being a police officer.

That said - putting your dad being spat on in the same sentence a discussing OBJ slapping this cops butt is flat wrong.

Was it stupid ? Yes. Dumb ? Yes. What you want your star WR doing? No. . . a big deal? No.

Thomas Callaway-- white dude who, while running a marathon, smacked the backside of a reporter on live TV. He was arrested and charged with sexual battery. https://deadline.com/2019/12/man-smacked...rge-1202809435/

As others have said, there are some things you just don't do.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
You just can't lay hands on a police officer. Its a really bad idea. I'm surprised he wasn't cuffed and taken away immediately. The fact that he wasn't indicates the officer didn't want to make a huge deal out of it.
was it an officer or a rent-a-cop?

Quick point: Per New Orleans PD, the accuser is not a New Orleans police officer. He is a security guard with the Superdome.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1217908962961567753

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 01/16/20 04:47 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Well we seem to have the lowest IQ team in the league.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That explains a lot.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Some do, some say show respect. We need to rid out team of that guy. It's always something with him.

I was going to make this same point... We live in an age where even making a comment about a woman's butt will get you fired, blacklisted and shunned. Yet slapping a cop on the butt should be okay. Wow.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Haus

Oh that's simple. Because Gronk is thought to be the happy, party guy drunk, whose antics are funny and light hearted. People don't try to find the most sinister motivation behind everything he does when he's acting silly.

It's all about perception.

Maybe because his antics actually are funny and light hearted? At least that's my impression. If I'm wrong, show me the time he smacks/grabs an on-duty security guard's backside and then taunts him afterwards? I've never seen him do something like that. Then again, I don't really follow the Gronk party scene.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Come to find out the guy isn't even a cop. This is what happens when everyone starts jumping to conclusions.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I won't muddy the waters by trying to feminize manhood.

#gmstrong
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Come to find out the guy isn't even a cop. This is what happens when everyone starts jumping to conclusions.

so that makes it ok to harass someone doing their job?

Last edited by Batman; 01/16/20 04:52 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think the OBJ circus has run it's course - find a trade partner and let's move on. One less disciplinary issue on and off the field.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe because as you stated yourself, "That's your impression"? which was precisely my point.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe because as you stated yourself, "That's your impression"? which was precisely my point.

Show me what Gronk has done to earn an arrest warrant and let's talk.

I remember that time I thought it was a good idea to smack the backside of an on-duty police officer while he was dealing with somebody else.

Wait, no I don't. No matter how drunk I've been, I would never think to do something that stupid. And I've done some pretty stupid stuff.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

This is retarded.

These charges are either going to be dropped, or if the judge decides to be "really super serial" (that's serious for you non-South Park fans) it's going to be a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

The man didn't commit a CRIME. He slapped a security guard on the ass. Whoopitty doo! Unfortunately for him, said security guard apparently has his panties in a wad and decided to press charges (way to go uber douche). Unless he was being belligerent, ignoring orders from the security guy, and became physically aggressive in addition to doing this, it's a nothing burger.

Literally nothing to see here. This will be a long-gone after thought in no time.

The BIGGER issue might actually be OBJ handing out Benjamins to the LSU players after the game. Dude could actually get some punishment for that.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
I guess it depends on if the Judge is a Steelers fan or not.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your idea of what constitutes harassment and mine appear to be entirely different. I wonder how many people who are being so critical of this incident have any clue what it's like in a victorious locker room at a high level? Many act like this happened at a traffic stop on the street.

Oh that's right. It couldn't have been at a traffic stop. The guy isn't even a cop.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
This will be a long-gone after thought in no time.

ESPN: "Hold my beer."

By August, they will be characterizing OBJ's offseason antics to include "assaulting a police officer".

Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
The BIGGER issue might actually be OBJ handing out Benjamins to the LSU players after the game. Dude could actually get some punishment for that.

OBJ can't get in any trouble or punishement for that, unless Goodell wants to just start making things up. The NFLPA should have his back in that regard.

ALL of the reporting on this is so overblown and overhyped; it really is ridiculous. These are footnotes, not stories.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
This is terrible. He should be arrested. If they don’t stop him he could become a serial ass slapper like Rafi.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Mlp_Gcc_5Q

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Say Goodbye to Landry & OBJ

Link Copied to Clipboard