Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Your idea of what constitutes harassment and mine appear to be entirely different. I wonder how many people who are being so critical of this incident have any clue what it's like in a victorious locker room at a high level? Many act like this happened at a traffic stop on the street.

Oh that's right. It couldn't have been at a traffic stop. The guy isn't even a cop.

you are acting like this is just a random thing that happend to a swell guy. nope he has a pattern of being stupid and this is the dumbest. He put his hand on a stranger's ass. If that was a reporter all hell would be breaking loose. it doesn't matter who it was, it could have been a janitor telling them to put the cigar out it would be just as bad.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Come to find out the guy isn't even a cop. This is what happens when everyone starts jumping to conclusions.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1217908962961567753

It doesn't matter if he is a cop. Make it George, the mall security guy. You don't do that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You folks convincing yourselves that this is a big issue are the same sorts of people that would support a cop pulling people over for doing 56 in a 55.

If you can't handle a pat on the ass, you probably shouldn't be in a post-game lockerrom, lol

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sow me where this actually "deserves" an arrest warrant.

The guy is an off duty police officer? Or is he a security guard?

You know, those guys who often have a chip on their shoulders because they can't make it to becoming a cop?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
You folks convincing yourselves that this is a big issue are the same sorts of people that would support a cop pulling people over for doing 56 in a 55.

If you can't handle a pat on the ass, you probably shouldn't be in a post-game lockerrom, lol

LOL....Boo to you.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P

It seems you get a pass for this line of thinking!?

Imagine that. I agree with you.

A bunch of whiners making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The warrant is related to a misdemeanor charge of simple battery.

It could easily be upgraded to Felony Ass-Sault! willynilly

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B

he was only in there because they were smoking where they shouldn't have been.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Batman

Damn kids smoking cigars after winning the national championship.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Come to find out the guy isn't even a cop. This is what happens when everyone starts jumping to conclusions.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1217908962961567753

This other guy with a blue checkmark says that the Superdome has its own police. He was a cop. https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1217911168897048577

Legend
Legend

Well, it IS the Boy's Room. Where else are they supposed to smoke them?

Browns is the Browns

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Same guy, and another good point:

Quote:
Adding this so I don’t have to type it repeatedly: No one should be subject to being touched in ways they don’t want to be touched. But controlling your temper as a police officer shouldn’t be so notable that it goes in a report. Doing so should be the expectation.

All agree?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Damn kids smoking cigars after winning the national championship.

There oughtta be a law against things like that! Maybe they should be charged with "Celebration Violation in the second degree".

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh Lord if I got in trouble every time I tapped a cop on the ass (both male and female) I would have been locked up for a thousand years lol.

Of course the ones I tapped where friends, and what OBJ did was totally wrong so I can't side with him, but jeez folks way to blow things way out of proportion. thumbsdown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
"Celebration Violation in the second degree".

I feel an 80's Power Ballad coming on...

Browns is the Browns

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
https://time.com/5750280/reporter-slap-man-arrested/ Now tell me how what OBJ did is ok....

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
Really? On my department that would not even get noticed.

I'll go with the word of someone who is actually a cop rather than the mob who claims they know better.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know, those guys who often have a chip on their shoulders because they can't make it to becoming a cop?

It deserves an arrest warrant because it blew up on social media. Whole world watching (which is always what OBJ wants) = set a precedent that says it is not okay to put your hands on officers for any reason.

Not that hard to figure out Bubba.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
https://time.com/5750280/reporter-slap-man-arrested/ Now tell me how what OBJ did is ok....

It's not ok. IMO, it's also not a big deal.

Yes, the dude smacking a reporter was bad. IMO (and go ahead and flame all you want) this is different because she's a she and he's a he. What OBJ did was dumb. Make your apologies (and make them sound good) pay your fine, do a little extra to show you mean it, and everyone can move on.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

He is a police officer with the Superdome and has full arrest powers.

I don't think it really matters either way, though. Then again I am one who thinks you should treat all people with respect, security guard or police officer, janitor or CEO.

Here's some good life advice for all the young athletes out there: keep your hands to yourself. Don't go grabbing or slapping people's behinds, especially when you don't know them or know how they will react. If you do it with fellow athletes and there's an understanding that it's no big deal during a game or what have you, fine. Don't do it to some random person just doing their job.

If some dude who doesn't know me came up and smacked my butt, and then started taunting me afterward, he'd be lucky to leave with just a broken nose. Some people don't take kindly to that kind of stuff. This police officer happens to be one of them.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

You forgot the #metoo hashtag.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So since it was on social media the security guard was embarrassed. Yeah, that makes it worth arresting someone for.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think he should start a movement. #metoo is already taken.

#gmstrong
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Yes, the dude smacking a reporter was bad. IMO (and go ahead and flame all you want) this is different because she's a she and he's a he. What OBJ did was dumb. Make your apologies (and make them sound good) pay your fine, do a little extra to show you mean it, and everyone can move on.

yep just move on... until the next stupid ass thing he does. I'm sure teammates love answering questions about this guys antics...

Legend
Legend

Good to get your perspective.

Really arrest the guy for that? Silly to me.

Locker room celebration.

The over reaction to this all is mind boggling.

Say goodbye etc. jinkies batman

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe they're smart enough to understand the blame belongs to the media and fans who keep making a big deal out of nothing and not OBJ. Some of us already do.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Other than to say, They don't issue Arrest Warrants for things that take care of themselves with less than that,

I don't think the whole issue is even worth discussing.
Take care of it! It'll get taken care of.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
rofl

You forgot the #metoo hashtag.

Since you think what OBJ did was no big deal, why don't you do what he did to random people who you've never met?

Kind of brings clarity to the situation, doesn't it? Of course you wouldn't do it though, because you're not a complete moron. Some might take issue with that, though. wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The clown show continues!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In other news:

Our QB is looking like he is in top notch shape:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOXmhB4WkAUMvwP?format=jpg&name=large

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

As far as whether this is different because she's a she and he's a he, I don't care to get into all that. Maybe the calm, rational posters in the political section will sort that out.

However, when you say this, "Make your apologies (and make them sound good) pay your fine, do a little extra to show you mean it, and everyone can move on." -- well you only pay a fine if you committed a crime. If you commit a crime of this nature, you're probably going to get arrested. This isn't a speeding ticket.

The above just seems like confirmation for the few of us who are not ok with with OBJ did. Are we really overreacting? I don't see anybody here calling for jail time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He always looks chubby lately. I dont recall him being so husky when drafted.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe he's shrinking.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
He always looks chubby lately. I dont recall him being so husky when drafted.

Neither was Freddie at his age.

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Patting butts in sports is illegal now?

Oh snap.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Maybe for the Nathan's power-eating circuit competition. The camera always makes you look heavy.

This must be quite the camera. Is it married cooking?

Offseason. Meh.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
He only looks 5'8" too.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Patting butts in sports is illegal now?

Oh snap.

I know what you are thinking but Baker is off limits! brownie

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
In other news:

Our QB is looking like he is in top notch shape:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOXmhB4WkAUMvwP?format=jpg&name=large

Let's hope he takes this offseason more seriously than last one, for all of our sake.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Say Goodbye to Landry & OBJ

Link Copied to Clipboard