Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Swish
You just completely moved the goal post. We’ve gone from the one of the best to now talking about the ‘divas’?

And 2 of Brady’s six wins, a WR won super bowl MVP.

And santonio Holmes was a diva, and so was plexico Buress for the giants.

But since we want to move goal post now, can you tell me when’s the last time an unathletic fat QB barely 6 feet tall with a police video has won a super bowl?

I’ll wait.

Yeah, a WR won Super Bowl MVPs twice for the Patriots-- Deion Branch and Julian Edelman!

Holmes and Burress - were they actually causing drama/issues for their teams while they were on those Super Bowl runs? Or did those issues (and Plaxico shooting himself in the leg, literally) only come up later on? Honest question.. it's hard to keep track of other team's team dynamics going back over a decade.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: Swish
You just completely moved the goal post. We’ve gone from the one of the best to now talking about the ‘divas’?

And 2 of Brady’s six wins, a WR won super bowl MVP.

And santonio Holmes was a diva, and so was plexico Buress for the giants.

But since we want to move goal post now, can you tell me when’s the last time an unathletic fat QB barely 6 feet tall with a police video has won a super bowl?

I’ll wait.

Yeah, a WR won Super Bowl MVPs twice for the Patriots-- Deion Branch and Julian Edelman!

Holmes and Burress - were they actually causing drama/issues for their teams while they were on those Super Bowl runs? Or did those issues (and Plaxico shooting himself in the leg, literally) only come up later on? Honest question.. it's hard to keep track of other team's team dynamics going back over a decade.

This is a thread about assistant coaches.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Ryan Lindley has been removed from the coaches page on the Browns website. It seems like he might have been a big part of the problem last year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Adam Henry is gone too, I believe.

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Adam Henry is gone too, I believe.

He interviewed with the Cowboys but hasn't officially left yet.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
which is why I replied he was a TEAM guy on the field.

And I don't recall ANYONE question OBJ on the field as a TEAM guy. He is a ME guy OFF the field yes.

But I will disagree, OBJ on the field (from what I saw this last year) he was 100% a TEAM guy. OBj is very much a tough physical receiver on the field that blocks too. Everything you said about Wines Hard you can say about OBJ on the field, he might be as good a blocker as Hines was, buts he does stick his nose in there and block hard thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Heck, with Burrow maybe Cincy jumps us

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Haven't heard anything about him, but can we assume to scratch Campen off the list?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Haven't heard anything about him, but can we assume to scratch Campen off the list?

There’s been literally no news about him at this point. I figured he’d end up in Dallas.

Legend
Legend
Former Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken is set to join Georgia's staff, a source confirms to The Athletic. The exact role is not confirmed yet.

https://twitter.com/SethWEmerson/status/1218182520749076483

Georgia obviously already has an offensive coordinator in James Coley. But it's hard to see Todd Monken coming here as a position coach or special teams coordinator, the only role that was vacant. Some roles are likely to be moved around on staff.

https://twitter.com/SethWEmerson/status/1218186367768891398

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yet one was injured all season and one wasn't. Hmmmmm....
Hogwash. If your on the field your healthy. No excuse. I don't think the Hernia was causing him to drop balls that hit him right in his hands,

I'm thinking that you're not aware of just how much pain can impact your concentration. I'm not gong to try and convince you of that however. I just know from experience just how true that is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Hogwash. If your on the field your healthy. No excuse. I don't think the Hernia was causing him to drop balls that hit him right in his hands,

I'm thinking that you're not aware of just how much pain can impact your concentration. I'm not gong to try and convince you of that however. I just know from experience just how true that is.

This is a thread about Browns assistant coaches. Please stay on topic.

B
Legend
Legend
B

So he says. When is the surgery scheduled?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
So I have to deal with Monken for another year (again)... smdh.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
So I have to deal with Monken for another year (again)... smdh.

IKR? I saw that too and was like ...man.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Head coach/play caller - Freddie Kitchens
Associate head coach/offensive line – James Campen
Special assistant to head coach – Jody Wright
Offensive coordinator – Todd Monken
Quarterbacks – Ryan Lindley
Run game coordinator/running backs – Stump Mitchell
Wide receivers – Adam Henry
Tight ends – John Lilly
Assistant offensive line – Jeff Blasko
Offensive quality control – Jim Dray
Offensive quality control – Tyler Tettleton

Defensive coordinator – Steve Wilks
Defensive line – Tosh Lupoi
Assistant defensive line – John Parrella
Run game coordinator/linebackers – Al Holcomb
Pass game coordinator/secondary – Joe Whitt Jr.
Defensive backs – DeWayne Walker
Senior defensive assistant – Chris Jones
Defensive quality control – Deuce Schwartz
Defensive quality control – Alonso Escalante

Special teams coordinator – Mike Priefer
Assistant special teams – Doug Colman

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/17/report-cowboys-hire-adam-henry-to-coach-receivers/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

That sounds like a not so veiled attempt at calling him a liar.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Scangarello was Kyle Shanahan's offensive coordinator in San Francisco prior to the 2019 season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks like he just woke up.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I am not calling him a liar. I am calling him a lazy POS.

Doofus took the bait.

Any questions?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Written January 22nd, 2019:

Quote:
LaFleur and McDaniel have a year left on their contracts, and Shanahan said they were being offered one-year extensions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...for-promotions/

Go Pack go!

Legend
Legend
Well weve been asleep since 99 so

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

More on the searches:
— The #Browns have hired former #Dolphins OC Chad O’Shea as their new WRs coach and passing game coordinator.
— Cleveland is interviewing Rich Scangarello this week, as
@MaryKayCabot
reported, but they may not have an OC

All here:

The Browns have interest in either 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur or run game coordinator Mike McDaniel to come in as offensive coordinator. However, official requests may not go in because both are under contract and unlikely to be allowed out to go to Cleveland. The Browns are casting a wide net with no time constraints to hire. Cleveland also considered both coaches as possible head coach candidates but never requested them and only interviewed defensive coordinator and finalist Robert Saleh before hiring Kevin Stefanski.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...hing-candidates

#gmSTRONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Chad O’Shea was the Patriots wide receivers coach for ten years prior to being the Dolphins offensive coordinator last year. Before the Patriots he was with Stefanski in Minnesota.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hopefully losing O'Shea to the Dolphins was a big factor in the Patriots offense sputtering last season, and he was also the primary reason Devante Parker finally put things together.

You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I would assume that if a person holds a position with the Patriots for a decade that they are good at their job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I would assume that if a person holds a position with the Patriots for a decade that they are good at their job.

Unfortunately, most of the ones that have come here seem to have been better at listening to Bill.

I like this particular hire, though. Your assumption seems pretty safe, and we actually hired him for the job he had there. It's not McDaniels, but OBJ and Landry can still check out some Super Bowl rings when they start feeling frisky.

You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I actually like this hire. And I actually like that we're not rushing to build the coaching staff..

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
I actually like this hire. And I actually like that we're not rushing to build the coaching staff..

I agree. In the past we rushed in to things and people felt good because they could start to work. I would rather get the right fit of coaches even if it takes a few weeks. That isn't going to impede our progress.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Or they just weren't good enough to get poached by another team. naughtydevil

P
Legend
Legend
P

I am not calling him a liar. I am calling him a lazy POS.

Any questions?

Not a question, just a statement. You certainly gave the indication he was lying about the injury and then stepped it back.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/19/former-dolphins-oc-chad-oshea-lands-with-browns/

First and foremost, it is good to see O’Shea land on his feet and secure a gig. His time in Miami was brief, but he was a contributor to a surprisingly fun season and you never want to see someone locked out of their profession.

But it is somewhat curious that it has taken O’Shea this long to find a role — and that he’s taking a demotion to get back into the saddle. Who knows if we’ll ever know the full story of why a change was necessary after just one season together in Miami, but what we know in the aftermath is that O’Shea wasn’t viewed as a hot commodity.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores decided to relieve offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea at the end of the season, Miami fans were shocked by the team’s sudden redirection on the offensive side of the ball. After all, Miami’s offense had come alive over the course of the final 10 weeks of the season and the Dolphins had found a way to move the ball consistently despite zero threat of a ground game.

If the rest of the league’s reaction to O’Shea being on the market is any indicator, it seems as though Flores was justified in his desire for a change. Because time after time, hire after hire, O’Shea was passed over for gigs. He had an ally in New York in Joe Judge — the same man who poached away Dolphins defensive coordinator Patrick Graham. He had the New England Patriots — a familiar face that he’d called home for quite some time.

And numerous other openings, none of which were offered to O’Shea. Until now, that is. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport is reporting that O’Shea has landed in Cleveland and will serve as the team’s WRs coach and passing game coordinator.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Joe Woods DC

Legend
Legend
Steve Wilks has been informed he won't be retained as #Browns defensive coordinator, league source tells clevelanddotcom

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1218967557883006977

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Last week,
@JimTrotter_NFL
reported it was down to Steve Wilks & #49ers DB coach & passing game coordinator Joe Woods for #Browns DC. W/ Wilks being told he's out, per clevelanddotcom, that prob means Woods.
@AdamSchefter
reports they're closing in on him.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1218968688071712768

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
San Francisco defensive coordinator Robert Saleh was a runner-up for the Browns head coaching job, but the 49ers still are in line to lose one of their defensive coaches to Cleveland.

Niners defensive backs/run-game coordinator Joe Woods is on track to become the Browns' new defensive coordinator whenever San Francisco's season ends if the sides can agree to contract terms at the appropriate time, league sources tell ESPN.

Woods and new Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski spent years working together in Minnesota, where Woods was a Vikings assistant coach from 2006 to 2013. Stefanski would like to turn over his defense to Woods if the sides can get a deal done, but Woods doesn't want to think about that until after the 49ers' season ends.

Woods, 49, has coached in the NFL for the past 16 years, working for five different teams. He joined the 49ers in 2019 after spending the previous four seasons with the Broncos, including two (2017 and 2018) as Denver's defensive coordinator.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2851...ive-coordinator

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Looks like Hue Jackson.....don't like him.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Don't know much about him. Good luck Joe.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns assistant coach rumors

Link Copied to Clipboard