Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Once the old thread is closed, the discussion can continue here...with the approval of those in charge..our refs.. thumbsup grin

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
If it hasn't been said in a 10 page long thread, it probably doesn't need said.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
You know Mac is a pitbull.Once he latches onto something he will not let go.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
As long as the “M-word” isn’t used, it’s all good.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
jc...

I think we can all agree, the goal of the Browns making the playoffs in 2020 is closer now that it was 3 or 4 yrs ago.

With Freddie being such a disaster, his team did win 6 games and expecting 4 more wins in 2020 "is not some unattainable dream"...it is much closer to "becoming reality".

I don't care who takes the credit for getting the Browns to the playoffs but I don't want to the franchise waste this opportunity.

If there is one lesson to be learned from the last 4 seasons...it is a helluva lot easier to build a loser than it is to build a winner.

Being as close as we are today, EVERYONE IN THE FRONT OFFICE should have the same goal...do what has to be done to finally get the Browns back in the hunt for a Super Bowl appearance.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
To Device:

Quote:
Quote:
we have factual reports and statements from people during the draft that were present at the time disputing what he said about Watson. he said He also conveniently leaves out the fact they passed on Wentz.

What factual reports?

It's been said numerous times Hue wanted Hooker at 12.

We also never passed on Mahomes like Hue once claimed. Hue wanted Garrett at 1. Mahomes was drafted at 10 before our 12th pick.

Im not sure what these "factual reports" are claiming...

The article stated that hue didn't want Watson. It was widely reported that Hue liked Watson, and Watson even stated that hue text him be ready. After the fact hue said he didn't recall texting him that (which is not a surprise). But Watson was pretty clear he did.

Regardless of what actually happened there - the author is blaming that trade and pick on Hue, and not the FO at the time. Sorry, thats just made up BS and pure speculation with 0 facts to back up his claim.

The guys is saying all the "football" picks were bad, all the data picks were good.

I can play his game and make up assumptions as facts too. If we didn't go with the data guys we would have had Wentz, Myles, and Hooker on our team, but were left with Corey Coleman, Myles, Jabrill, and Njoku.

I cant twist things as well as the author too.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Right from Hue's mouthpiece, our friend, Mike Silver.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
In an attempt to finally put to rest what John Dorsey did with the Chiefs while running their draft...this explains who positioned the Chiefs so they could draft Mahones.

Andy Reid: Chiefs had “a pretty good idea” how high they had to trade to draft Mahomes

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 29, 2020, 8:18 AM EST

At the time that the Chiefs traded two first-round picks and a third-round pick to move up to No. 10 overall to select Patrick Mahomes in the 2017 NFL draft, it looked like they were taking a big risk. Now that we know how great a player Mahomes is, the real risk was waiting until No. 10, rather than giving up even more and trading up even higher to get Mahomes.

But Chiefs coach Andy Reid said today that the Chiefs felt quite confident that as long as they got somewhere in the Top 10, they could get Mahomes. Reid said the Chiefs were studying every report about every other team’s plans, and 10th overall was a spot where they thought Mahomes would be there.

“Because of the media attention that gets put on the draft around that time, people talk,” Reid said. “We had a pretty good idea who was interested and who wasn’t. [John] Dorsey was in charge of the draft at that time and he maneuvered up to get him, knowing who was out there and who the threats were.”

The reality is, no team ever knows for sure what every other team thinks, and it only takes one team hiding its intentions for a player to be picked higher than anyone expects. But the Chiefs pulled off a shrewd move, and they deserve credit for landing Mahomes, making a move that a whole lot of teams now wish they had made.
link

Vers touched on this subject in another thread..that Hue was kept in the dark about the 2017 draft because he didn't agree with Sashi and Depodesta on their judgement of the QBs in the 2017 draft.

The Browns had the #1 pick and #12 pick of the 2017 draft. The word was that Hue Jackson did not want Mitch Trubiski as his QB and had been very open with Haslam that he preferred Garrett with the #1 pick and not Trubiski.

Had the Browns Analytics crew been a better judge of QB talent and recognized that Mahones was the gem of the draft, they could have made a play to move up to #10 and draft Mahones. Coming away with Myles Garrett and Patrick Mahones might have set this franchise up for a very long time.

Also, from the information in this article, the Chiefs gave up 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick to move to #10 to draft Mahones and may have given up more to get him.

The guy in charge of the Chiefs draft was JOHN DORSEY.

Oh what could have been...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Watson on day of draft

Quote:
"Hue texted me that morning and just said, 'Be ready. Anything could happen,'" Watson said. "And they took the picks they wanted to take."
Watson said he developed a friendship with Jackson in the months leading up to the draft.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

And, this was from Silver, on the same day you posted that excerpt if you look at the time stamp.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Brett Veach is the one who was actually responsible for discovering Patrick Mahomes and selling both Reid and team owner Clark Hunt on Mahomes. Afterwards, they got Dorsey on board.

Brett Veach is the guy that replaced Dorsey as the GM in KC after Dorsey was fired.

Here's the article....

‘We got it done!’: The inside story of how Patrick Mahomes landed with the Chiefs

M
Legend
Legend
M
Guess when Silver wrote the article.....before 12/7/17. And it's not the first time Silver played revisionist history for Hue Jackson. Look up what Silver wrote about Hue's opinion on Wentz and then we he walked it back to try and save his buddy.

It's all there and this been pointed out constantly in the past.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Brett Veach is the one who was actually responsible for discovering Patrick Mahomes and selling both Reid and team owner Clark Hunt on Mahomes. Afterwards, they got Dorsey on board.

Brett Veach is the guy that replaced Dorsey as the GM in KC after Dorsey was fired.

Here's the article....

‘We got it done!’: The inside story of how Patrick Mahomes landed with the Chiefs

And shorty after, Dorsey was let go. For what I can only imagine a few diff. reasons.

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Guess when Silver wrote the article.....before 12/7/17. And it's not the first time Silver played revisionist history for Hue Jackson. Look up what Silver wrote about Hue's opinion on Wentz and then we he walked it back to try and save his buddy.

Hue like Malik and Watson at 12. The data guys traded down. Yes or no?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

And speaking of revisionist history, as I said before:

I can play his game and make up assumptions as facts too. If we didn't go with the data guys we would have had Wentz, Myles, and Hooker on our team, but were left with Corey Coleman, Myles, Jabrill, and Njoku.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Yes, they did. That's not my point. You said there were reports Hue wanted Watson. I showed you who he wanted at 12. It was Hooker, not Watson. Texting someone "be ready, anything can happen" is nebulous at best.

The Hue mouthpiece wrote an article right after the draft saying who he preferred. The FO took neither. Then trying to help his buddy out, Silver walked it back saying who he REALLY wanted. It's all there.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Then you can take up the revisionist history piece with Mike Silver.

@MikeSilver (Twitter)

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Here's the article....

And shorty after, Dorsey was let go. For what I can only imagine a few diff. reasons.

A lot of it sounds like some of the same issues Dorsey had in Cleveland. As many have said, he's a good talent evaluator and poor on the management side.

The John Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Here's the article....

A lot of it sounds like some of the same issues Dorsey had in Cleveland. As many have said, he's a good talent evaluator and a poor on the management side.

The John Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.

Agreed.

Tackles are tackles.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
You guys are going to be begging for Dorsey back before the end of the 2020 season, **** i'd maybe even say before the end of 2020 NFL Draft

Just wait to see what this Mr Assistant 1-31 twit in Berry thinks is a good player LOL

We are so screwed.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Yes, they did. That's not my point. You said there were reports Hue wanted Watson. I showed you who he wanted at 12. It was Hooker, not Watson. Texting someone "be ready, anything can happen" is nebulous at best.

The Hue mouthpiece wrote an article right after the draft saying who he preferred. The FO took neither. Then trying to help his buddy out, Silver walked it back saying who he REALLY wanted. It's all there.
The entire point of this discussion is talking about the article that stated hue DIDNT want Watson. That's not true. He preferred Hooker, but like Watson as well. The article I stating it was Hue that wanted to trade down, but that was not correct. Hue would have easily took Hooker or Watson at 12 - I believe is safe to say.

Silver, has given two reports - one that he wanted Watson, one that he wanted Hooker - agree?

I will go ahead and say you do. No where, ever - other than this report - said Hue or the football guys - wanted to trade down.

Quote:

You replied:

Quote:
Yes, they did. That's not my point.

It is the point, because this entire discussion I have been having is on the crap article that was posted saying different. So we agree, the article is baseless and nothing but crap. thumbsup

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
You guys are going to be begging for Dorsey back before the end of the 2020 season, **** i'd maybe even say before the end of 2020 NFL Draft

Just wait to see what this Mr Assistant 1-31 twit in Berry thinks is a good player LOL

We are so screwed.
You realize that a lot of times, the data and football guys both agree on players right? Lol.

Your saying the pick is going to be bad because the data guys are making it - not even knowing what the pick is yet - or who. Agenda? rofl rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Silver, has given two reports - one that he wanted Watson, one that he wanted Hooker - agree?

No. I believe he wrote one report saying Hue wanted Hooker. A tweet saying he, all of a sudden, wanted something different roughly 6 months later trying to save his boy's face. I'm guessing that tweet also came after the McCarron debacle that was Hue Jackson as well.

Quote:
The article I stating it was Hue that wanted to trade down

And I'll go back and re-read the article but, at first, I don't recall it stating that Hue wanted to trade down. I thought the author referenced in general trading down because when it came to a QB Hue didn't want, trading down was now an option, so they did to acquire draft capital. My first reaction to that point in the article was also Wentz. Trading down because Hue didn't want him at 2, which Silver also tweeted out. Ironically enough, he went the revisionist route on that too.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
the article is baseless and nothing but crap.

As far as the Hue stuff goes, it's spot on. I've been following this saga since it's inception. Hue didn't want Wentz @2, Hue wanted Garrett @1, Hue wanted Hooker @12. Hue started Kizer against the recommendation of the front office. All true.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Guess when Silver wrote the article.....before 12/7/17. And it's not the first time Silver played revisionist history for Hue Jackson.

Silver was so good you quoted him to try and make your point. As soon as he was no longer a useful pawn in your chess match, he's a piece of crap again.

rofl

Helps me = Solid source

Doesn't help me = POS

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
You clearly are not following.

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Hue didn't want Wentz @2
Depo is the guy that said Wentz was not going to be a NFL quality QB. See the Depo QUOTE below.

Quote:
Had Goff been available at No. 2, DePodesta indicated, it would have been a more difficult choice. But Wentz was not considered a top 20 NFL quarterback in the consensus opinion of the New Browns Order.
“We have to make judgments on the individual players and we’re not always going to be right,” DePodesta said. “But in this particular case, we just didn’t feel it was necessarily the right bet to make for us at this time. Again, it comes down to individual evaluation of a player. We will not always be right on those type of things. “I think the hardest part, and where we have to stay the most disciplined, as much as you want a player, you can’t invent him if he doesn’t exist. In a given year, there may be two or three NFL-ready quarterbacks at the college level. In another year, there literally may be zero. There just may be not be anybody in that year who’s good enough to be a top 20 quarterback in the NFL.
“Even though you have a desperate need for one, you have to resist the temptation of taking that guy just because you have a need if you don’t believe he’s one of those 20 guys at the end of the day. I think that’s the hardest part, just maintaining your discipline because you have the need. That’s what we did this year.”

Quote:
Hue wanted Garrett @1
and from I remember, the data guys wanted Trubisky.

Quote:
Hue wanted Hooker @12
He did, that doesn't mean he didn't like Watson or wanted to trade down.

Quote:
Hue started Kizer against the recommendation of the front office
Who else was there to start again? Your acting like this was a bad decision, it wasn't. Kizer stunk, but at the time - sadly, he was the best QB we had on the roster talent wise.

Quote:
All true.
No, no its not.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Hue wanted Garrett @1

Is Myles Garrett or Mitch Trubisky on our roster? Did I miss something? The "data guys" were in charge and took Garrett. Or was Hue in charge and he took Garrett? And if Hue was in charge were the other picks his too?

I'm confused.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
Hue wanted Garrett @1

Is Myles Garrett or Mitch Trubisky on our roster? Did I miss something? The "data guys" were in charge and took Garrett. Or was Hue in charge and he took Garrett? And if Hue was in charge were the other picks his too?

I'm confused.

You aren't confused. Other people are.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
From your reply, you still didn't debunk anything I said about Hue.

Hue still didn't want Wentz @2, but Depodesta said he wasn't a top 20 QB.
Hue wanted Garrett, "data guys" wanted Trubisky.
Hue wanted Hooker over Watson. Hue has also said you don't pass on a franchise quarterback. Hue didn't want to trade down from what I understand, but the point of contention was Hue wanted to draft Watson @12, which is false.
Who else was here to play QB? We had McCown, Osweiler, and Kessler all with experience as a starter. Hue chose Kizer. I will still contend that we would not have gone winless had any of those other 3 been named the starter.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
From your reply, you still didn't debunk anything I said about Hue.

Hue still didn't want Wentz @2, but Depodesta said he wasn't a top 20 QB.
Hue wanted Garrett, "data guys" wanted Trubisky.
Hue wanted Hooker over Watson. Hue has also said you don't pass on a franchise quarterback. Hue didn't want to trade down from what I understand, but the point of contention was Hue wanted to draft Watson @12, which is false.
Who else was here to play QB? We had McCown, Osweiler, and Kessler all with experience as a starter. Hue chose Kizer. I will still contend that we would not have gone winless had any of those other 3 been named the starter.

Your wrong.

We had Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan going into 17. that's what hue had to chose from. McCown and Osweiler were in 16 before Kizer was drafted. All 3 started, and all 3 lost.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Hue wanted Garrett @1

I'm confused.
hahahahahahhahaa

again, this is all about the article - you just proved my point!!!! The article says that the players that busted were the football guys picks, but as you said who made the picks - hue or the FO? Sooooooo THE ARTICLE IS CRAP. The article wants to give the data gusy credit for the good picks and blames the bad picks on Hue.

this all started because I pointed out that the data guys did the draft, they get to own the bad picks.

Last edited by willitevachange; 01/29/20 01:23 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Hue wanted Garrett @1

I'm confused.
hahahahahahhahaa

again, this is all about the article - you just proved my point!!!! The article says that the players that busted were the football guys picks, but as you said how made the picks - hue or the FO? Sooooooo THE ARTICLE IS CRAP

Are we talking about the SI/Maven article? If so:

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
We had Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan going into 17. that's what hue had to chose from. McCown and Osweiler were in 16 before Kizer was drafted. All 3 started, and all 3 lost.

RG3, McCown, Kessler were 2016.

We still had McCown under contract when Hue asked him to be a coach. McCown still wanted to play. We released him.

We traded for Osweiler March of 2017 and we started him in the preseason. Joe Thomas even thought we were grooming him to be the starter.

Then Hue started Kizer the one preseason game and named him the starter against the front office's recommendations.

Last edited by devicedawg; 01/29/20 01:27 PM. Reason: Ease of read
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
The article wants to give the data gusy credit for the good picks and blames the bad picks on Hue.

Hue had a say on the quarterbacks. That was the point and the point made in the article.

Legend
Legend
Hue isn't a 'data' guy, and I'm pretty sure at this point that he definitely isn't a 'football' guy, so why is everyone still talking about him?

Dude couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag. Period.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
But he sure can jump in a lake in June with the best of them!

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, but how is his swimming technique?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
The article wants to give the data gusy credit for the good picks and blames the bad picks on Hue.

Hue had a say on the quarterbacks. That was the point and the point made in the article.
no no no, all just told me the data guys were in charge. You cant have it both ways lol. I know you want to pic and chose, either they were in charge drafting or they were not.
And what I have been trying to POINT OUT is that even AFTER you stated the FO of the data guys were in charge, the ARTICLE yet still blames the football guys for scooby wright shon coleman drango.

The entire article basically trieds to paint any bad player as a "football guy pick" and the good/decent players as "data guy" picks.

Sheesh - its literally in the other thread the article - from yesterday and yall are trying to change what it says and revise it already lol.

Legend
Legend

Hue had a say on the quarterbacks.

I thought that said "Hue sat on the quarterbacks" and I was like, well, things are finally making sense!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cont...Football guys did half the job, now it's up to numbers boys to finish the job...

Link Copied to Clipboard