Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Pete Buttigieg campaign roasted for adding applause to CNN town hall clips

The Buttigieg campaign was called out on Friday over clips it shared from a CNN town hall for having fake applause added to the candidate's remarks.

"To me, that is not just a concern for our generation, it's a concern that calls on us to build an alliance among generations to try to make sure that the future really is better than the past," Buttigieg told an attendee, sparking audible applause with a graphic plugging Thursday night's televised event.

However, the Center for Popular Democracy Action, a group supporting fellow Democratic candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., resurfaced the original clip which did not feature any applause. Buttigieg further elaborated with his response, which later did receive some applause.

The group also compared a second clip that was shared by the Buttigieg campaign of an exchange between Buttigieg and CNN anchor Jake Tapper over the candidate's name.

"Not Boot-a-judge," Tapper asked for clarification.

"Either way, it gets you there," Buttigieg responded, sparking some laughter and audible applause.

But the original clip of the exchange shows the laughter and no applause, with Buttigieg adding, "Back home, they just call me Mayor Pete."

Critics slammed the Buttigieg campaign, some comparing the clips to Jeb Bush's "Please clap" moment during the 2016 election and calling the clips "as fake as his victory" in Iowa this week.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pete-buttigieg-cnn-town-hall-applause

You can't burn the Bern! rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
A man who nobody knew six months ago is threatening Bernie. Even the right is now scared of him.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 02/07/20 02:54 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cheatin' Pete.

P
Legend
Legend
P
How did he cheat?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I want to put fake applauses after all of my posts here. thumbsup

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Cheatin' Pete.

LOL.
So what do we call the little guy who is so very, very insecure he has to lie about how HUGE his crowd size is?

I'd call it a storm in a teacup - but that'd be giving it to much significance.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I have to laugh at the thought of you and Pit reacting to Trump pulling this fast one. rofl

Hypocrite much?

Legend
Legend

Use this one for your humorous posts.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Didn’t trump have to hire people to attend his announcement to run for office in 2015?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Prove it...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Prove it...

Four years ago on Sunday, Donald Trump descended through the pink marble and brass atrium of Trump Tower to announce his candidacy for president , the first step on a journey few believed would take him all the way to the White House.

It turns out the 2015 event might not have happened, at least not on June 16. And the over-the-top staging that featured a crowd including paid actors could have been even more theatrical if one early idea hadn’t been scrapped.

https://apnews.com/c5d4d91701744089b36806200744b7fc

Even the firm that hired actors to cheer Trump’s campaign launch had to wait to be paid

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...ait-to-be-paid/

Donald Trump Escapes FEC Punishment Over Paid Actors at Presidential Announcement

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es...uncement-966428

Damn, and I forgot that one of trumps greatest qualities is his ability to completely blow off paying people for their work. Really great guy you support, Riley.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Sounds like the GOP’ers are getting a little uncomfortable with Major Pete as a front runner. Lol.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
MORE PROOF REQUIRED! Only to be ignored no doubt.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sounds to me like all you guys are tripping over each other in making excuses for Cheatin' Pete's bad behavior.

What a change from orange man bad. rofl

A
Legend
Legend
A
And he STILL beat your girl.

Legend
Legend
Did he? He certainly whines like somebody who lost for the last 4 years.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Sounds to me like all you guys are tripping over each other in making excuses for Cheatin' Pete's bad behavior.
rofl

Not really and ...Yeah volunteering to serve in the military and becoming a true public servant is worse than Mr bone spur’s bad behavior. OK bro.

– Jackie Robinson
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, he's the president, so, yeah, I would say he beat your girl. Is that even arguable?

Next, he's beaten the 'hate for trump' party in absolutely everything they've thrown at him. Collusion, russian interference, the bahr report, mentally incompetent, stormy, avinnatti, impeachment, on and on.

And the dem's aren't done yet I feel the dem's don't realize each step of the way they are helping trump. Add in the dem. party apparently is upset that biden didn't win in Iowa............

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
And he STILL beat your girl.

Proven three times a cheater. Politically and romantically. 6 times a loser.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
Didn’t trump have to hire people to attend his announcement to run for office in 2015?

Naaa ... they were all ready on the payroll ... wink ...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
rofl

Not really and ...Yeah volunteering to serve in the military and becoming a true public servant is worse than Mr bone spur’s bad behavior. OK bro.

Doctoring Videos is cheating. Dress it up anyway you like. tsktsk

Legend
Legend
I don’t think the GOPer’s realize how powerful of a dictator they are creating. You’re going to eat your words someday.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
rofl stop that crap bro..nothing is cheating anymore. trump proved that a couple days ago.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

I will stick with the real applause I get.

Anybody have a 100 foot stepladder so I can stand above my own BS laugh

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
All liberal hearsay cause if any FED agency could have gotten Trump YOUR Pres and his criminal deep state buds would have made sure that it would have been brought up by now pfffft

Legend
Legend
So now it’s hearsay? Stop embarrassing yourself. You ask for proof and I provide more than enough evidence, with other links saying the same thing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
HaHa… do you actually think I get embarrassed by what you and your hater friends here think of me. Don't flatter yourself lmao,your the one that should be embarrassed that your pres did nada ,zilch, nothing for minorities.. what a missed opportunity LMAO that's the facts dude.

Last edited by Riley01; 02/07/20 06:23 PM.
Legend
Legend
? What are you talking about? Change the topic after getting proof that you asked for?

Weird.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

At least buttigieg just added applause to a video.

Bloomberg is paying people to like him.

Quote:
Mike Bloomberg Is Paying ‘Influencers’ to Make Him Seem Cool

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-bloomberg-paying-influencers-him-100055471.html

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
How about keeping the Electoral College and scrapping Pete Buttigieg?

NewswireNow

February 7, 2020

Buttigieg Argues for End of Electoral College After Iowa ‘Victory’ Without Popular Vote

Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) argued that the popular vote should take precedence in a presidential election, just after he lost the popular vote to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) in Iowa. “I think that the Electoral College has run its course and in the futur…

https://www.newswirenow.com/2020/02/07/b...t-popular-vote/

Legend
Legend
Ofcourse, cause the royalty class needs the commoners To understand that they’re here to save us.

Bloomberg is the PC version of trump. Both trash.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
I have to laugh at the thought of you and Pit reacting to Trump pulling this fast one. rofl

Hypocrite much?

Hardly.

One is the POTUS lying bare faced while documented video footage exposes the truth.

One is a media manipulation that happens ALL the time. The example Swish gave where Trump manufactured PR to announce his candidacy .... THAT is an equal comparison and THAT is a nothing burger just like this.

Hey but nice try. I appreciate you posting something that isn't simply just a spew up of Trump rhetoric.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Prove it...

Four years ago on Sunday, Donald Trump descended through the pink marble and brass atrium of Trump Tower to announce his candidacy for president , the first step on a journey few believed would take him all the way to the White House.

It turns out the 2015 event might not have happened, at least not on June 16. And the over-the-top staging that featured a crowd including paid actors could have been even more theatrical if one early idea hadn’t been scrapped.

https://apnews.com/c5d4d91701744089b36806200744b7fc

Even the firm that hired actors to cheer Trump’s campaign launch had to wait to be paid

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...ait-to-be-paid/

Donald Trump Escapes FEC Punishment Over Paid Actors at Presidential Announcement

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es...uncement-966428

Damn, and I forgot that one of trumps greatest qualities is his ability to completely blow off paying people for their work. Really great guy you support, Riley.

See - this is a comparable action to what Pete did. And I could give a rats patootie about this either.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Cheatin' Pete.

LOL.
So what do we call the little guy who is so very, very insecure he has to lie about how HUGE his crowd size is?

I'd call it a storm in a teacup - but that'd be giving it to much significance.

I find it really difficult not to comment on this.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wonder if they will attack Pete for this tonight or if he will pull a Jeb and ask the audience to please clap...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I started out liking Pete and would have had him second on my list of prefered candidates. I think he is very smart, well articulated (this is important), seems to get the complexity of the world stage, and expressed progressive ideas. But then I heard him talking religion and that sent up the first red flag. Then he waffled on Medicare for all and gave into political pressure of "choice" which is better expressed as "status quo". Then he started suddenly sounding moderate to center left! Say what? How does a progressive start sounding like Hillary and suddenly become Joe Biden's top competition? Progressive my ass, he lied.

I still like him enough to vote for him if he is the nominee, but there damn sure won't be an 08 Obama vibe on the progressive left for this guy.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Then he waffled on Medicare for all and gave into political pressure of "choice" which is better expressed as "status quo".

How dare we have a choice instead of having the government run our lives. saywhat

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I wonder if they will attack Pete for this tonight or if he will pull a Jeb and ask the audience to please clap...

The applause will be real and not Fake News this time...

Legend
Legend
Klobuchar is laying it on Pete right now. Good lord

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Buttigieg campaign roasted for adding applause to CNN town hall clips

Link Copied to Clipboard