Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
U guys are kidding yourselves if u think he sat in on all those interviews just to make sure the process was done right

You got that backwards Diam. You kidding yourself if you think Depo ever picked our GM, Head Coach, Assistant coach, draft pick, free agent, traded for a player, signed a free agent, or told the Browns how much they could offer a player a contract for. That is all a bigger fairy tale than Cinderella.

I never said that ... but nice job ...

Another fairy tale is all he does is set up process ... something U and a few others have ACTUALLY SAID ...

I’ll leave it at that and see what other BS u wanna say i said .. can’t wait to see what else I’ve said ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Ummm ... he wanted kev las year ... so I’m not sure how he didn’t have a hand in it ...

And IMO he’s the main reason KJ’s gone ...

U guys are kidding yourselves if u think he sat in on all those interviews just to make sure the process was done right ,,, that’s actually delusional IMO ...
I don't really get the angst about DePo being in the interview room. Who else was going to be there? As it was, it was Jimmy, Dee, and Jimmy Jr. (or was it a son-in-law?) that was the interview panel. I mean, thank God at least DePo was in there as well.

Zero angst here on depo being in the room ... just not a fan of BS witch is what there selling ...

Depo’s only a process guy yet he’s in on the interviews ...

Understand now? ...

I’m simply pointing out the fact depo isn’t just a process guy ... cause his actions don’t match those words ...

Legend
Legend
I will look up your other bs when I get a little time bro. thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
U guys are kidding yourselves if u think he sat in on all those interviews just to make sure the process was done right

You said that above. Along with this

Quote:
Ya the thief decided to cut KJ’s nuts off all on his own ...

Keep drinking the kool aid bro ... he not only has the thief’s ear he’s in his head ....

Feel free to keep your head buried in the sand ... if all he did was set up process then why was he on the committee to pick head coaches .... that sounds an awful lot like being a PART OF THE PROCESS, not just setting it up ... but all he’s doing is setting them up ... rolleyes ...

and this

Quote:
So Depo wasn’t in on the interviews and wasn’t on the committee that chose FK and now KS? ... was that my made up crap? .... or was my made up crap saying that being involved in the actual interviews and decision making Was way more than just setting up processes ...

What part of that is made up crap ...

Actions speak louder than words ... this ain’t hard to figure out ...

Quote:
Yes ... depo and berry proved that in spades with their boy Sashi running things ... it was GOOD TIMES FOR SURE ..

Who ever said Depo and Berry thought Sashi was thier BOY?

Quote:
Thank god depo didn’t hire another Harvard geek to be the HC ... that may have been considered going a bit to far

Quote:
1. Depo was just coming from baseball .... he now has 4 years of experience and has a much better feel for things .... he’s still a babe in the woods but he still has 4 years under his belt ...

Quote:
Depo and Andy both have 4 more years under their belts .... and once the thief decided to hand our future off to depo and we fired KJ

You just like mac keep saying Depo is in charge of things that he is not.

Did you ever say he was in charge of some of the things I listed..... well after looking back at your posts NO you didn't I was wrong about that and I apoligize.

B
Legend
Legend
B
U say all depo does is set up process ... he was in on the last two hiring interviews ... so he does in fact do more than set up process .... no? ..

Maybe to make sure the process is being followed?

Look, I am not saying he isn't a part of the interviews and can't or doesn't ask any questions. He is a sharp guy. Every question you ask a coach or players isn't always about X's and O's.

I just don't think he is the driving force behind all the decisions.

Think about it man...the guy is smart. It makes no sense to think you aren't even going to solicit his input. That is what he is hired to do. Provide information, which in a round about way is expressing an opinion.

He isn't the one making the decisions. He gives his input. We need to draft this group of players for these reasons, we probably need to avoid this group of players for these reason.

The the GM and coach can make a call.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The fact he didn't get his guy last year but got his guy this year plainly indicates his level in the power structure has increased.

We don't know, but if so, that is a good thing. He was giving Jimmy info on who we should draft pre-draft, then saw them to go on and have fine seasons on some other team while our Tiki Tiki wasn't doing squat.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I will look up your other bs when I get a little time bro. thumbsup

Hopefully next time you’ll use things i actually said and not crap u make up bro ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Your a good man GM ... i apologize also ... your one of the very very few that don’t deserve my ... lets call it honesty ... *L* ...

Your a class act bro .... always have been ....

Til the next time ... *L*

Legend
Legend
Butting heads like two male rams builds respect buddy lol I like being able to but heads and for neither of us to take it personal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Your a good man GM .

Yes he is... I have been very lucky to have gotten to know him on a personal level..

As far as you Diam... your a real........... good guy also smile

B
Legend
Legend
B
Me, I am a A hole.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
you are such a dear friend of mine ..and I will cherish and love you forever my friend...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One thing the football guys did... was keep the Browns in Cleveland..

I have met some of the best people in my life because of them...

I can honestly say all the people I have met from this site is amazing... everyone I have met are a blessing and I will never forget them.... that's going back a long way...Whether in person or through this board you all have been a big part of my life... Thank you

Legend
Legend
When.... If.... Maybe.... Oh hell if I ever grew up, I would want to be just like you buddy 👍

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
we have had our laughs together... one thing about this board... it really shows that Browns fans are the best ever !!!!!

Friends also.... I'm Billy for you who don't know ...just a name ..

Last edited by DeisleDawg; 02/07/20 10:29 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
you all have been a big part of my life... Thank you

As you have been part of ours. Thank you, Billy...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
jc

Listen...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
I watched when it first came out and have watched it a few times.

That should give you confidence that Depo isn't pulling all the strings.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I watched the pressers with Andrew, Kevin and Paul. I came away with the same opinion on all that we have very intelligent and capable men running things now. I have more confidence in this group than I've had in the past. I really feel this time we got it right but again time will tell. They should be allowed to do their jobs and be given the time they need. We need patience now more than ever. JMO

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I watched the pressers with Andrew, Kevin and Paul. I came away with the same opinion on all that we have very intelligent and capable men running things now. I have more confidence in this group than I've had in the past. I really feel this time we got it right but again time will tell. They should be allowed to do their jobs and be given the time they need. We need patience now more than ever. JMO

Hard not to....Paul Brown was probably he first coach to institute analytics in to the scouting and coaching.

Paul was big in to analytics.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I watched when it first came out and have watched it a few times.

That should give you confidence that Depo isn't pulling all the strings.

peen...he has his fingers all over this franchise and it sounds like Haslam has given free reign to whatever he wants...and this guy is "part time" with only 4 yrs of NFL experience.

Hopefully some of our more experienced coaches will try to school Google boy. Remember when we were told that analytics is just tool to help make decisions...Depo is going way beyond just the analytics provided as just one tool for coaches and scouts to use.

Last edited by mac; 02/08/20 03:36 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V

I like you, Homes.............but, I really don't get how people keep repeating that these guys are so smart and we should trust them.

This is basically the same group that assembled a 1 and 31 team. Their QBs were Kizer, Kessler, and and Hogan. None of them had won a game before they were our QBs. I don't know if they have ever won a game in the NFL. Kessler might have won a game when they scored something like 10 points. The top three receivers they chose were Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, and Ricardo Louis. They passed on QBs like Wentz, Mahomes, and Watson. Depo said that they didn't believe Wentz was a top 20 qb. They could have had Watson at 12 and traded the pick.

They did not want to or were not able to re-sign good, young players. They cut a guy like Joe Haden days after the HC and DC were saying how invaluable he was to the defense.

That's not smart. It's freaking ignorant.

Legend
Legend
I agree. The only thing that would make me feel better about Berry is if he was loudly arguing against some of the "smart" moves made by Sashi Brown while he was in charge.

I doubt that he did though. There were certainly no reports that he was ..... no reports of "internal discord" between him and Brown. There were no reports of him fighting for one of the top QBs, when Brown was making his brilliant trade downs.

There were reports of the coaches being ...... perturbed .... when Joe Haden was released .... but not Berry.

The brain trust of Sashi and Berry left a team with 1 situational RB, (Duke) no QB, 1 WR, (Higgins) 1 TE (Njoku) and 3 OL.

On defense they left us with 2 DL, (Garrett and Ogunjobi) 2 LB, one always injured, and 1 being played out of position, (Kirksey and Schobert) and 1 S of questionable production. (Peppers)

In other words, almost every unit needed rebuilt.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I like you, Homes.............but, I really don't get how people keep repeating that these guys are so smart and we should trust them.

This is basically the same group that assembled a 1 and 31 team. Their QBs were Kizer, Kessler, and and Hogan. None of them had won a game before they were our QBs. I don't know if they have ever won a game in the NFL. Kessler might have won a game when they scored something like 10 points. The top three receivers they chose were Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, and Ricardo Louis. They passed on QBs like Wentz, Mahomes, and Watson. Depo said that they didn't believe Wentz was a top 20 qb. They could have had Watson at 12 and traded the pick.

They did not want to or were not able to re-sign good, young players. They cut a guy like Joe Haden days after the HC and DC were saying how invaluable he was to the defense.

That's not smart. It's freaking ignorant.

RGIII and McCown were our top 2 QBs the Coleman draft. They both got hurt early. Kessler was the 3rd string QB we were supposed to trust Hue about. You're still holding it against Sashi that our 3rd string QB wasn't a world-beater?

2017 draft, Myles Garrett was the consensus top pick. Hue wanted Hooker who missed the combine with a knee injury with the next pick. He wasn't banging the table for a QB. If I recall correctly, you weren't a Mahomes fan, either. They drafted Kizer with the intention of sitting him a year, and Hue played him anyways. Was that an ideal QB room? No, but the 2018 draft was supposedly a great year to need a QB and we'd been on a multi-year rebuild plan.

Coleman spent 5 (wk 1 then 14-17) games with the QB he was drafted to play with. A mobile QB that threw nice deepballs. Due to injuries he mostly played with a noodlearmed rookie, then a completely unprepared rookie the next year. Would he have flopped with a better QB and environment? Britt didn't work out, but he was coming off a good year. They structured his contract so they could get out of it. Williams allegedly gave him a vote of confidence after their time with the Rams. Louis was the 114th pick and played special teams, he was a Height/Weight/Speed lottery ticket. They brought in Higgins then, too.

Joe Haden had had two injury plagued down years in a row and they asked him to take a pay cut. He declined. It's a business. Did Sashi go too hard with the business side? Probably, but that's where he was coming from/"specialized". We'd also just had an awful season, so Joe had plenty of reasons to be okay with finding greener pastures.

There are lots of different ways to paint the two Sashi years. You keep choosing the worst colors possible.

We were a bad team before Sashi. We had the assets to get multiple top of the draft players after him.

Hopefully Berry is a better balance of the various "worlds" (scouting, business, analytics) and can actually work with the people around him. We'll see.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
There are lots of different ways to paint the two Sashi years. You keep choosing the worst colors possible.

This is football...you are what your record says you are!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:

This is football...you are what your record says you are!

If you want to call him a 1-31 executive and leave it at that, that'd be true. It's the explanations for how he arrived there that vary.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I agree. The only thing that would make me feel better about Berry is if he was loudly arguing against some of the "smart" moves made by Sashi Brown while he was in charge.

I doubt that he did though. There were certainly no reports that he was ..... no reports of "internal discord" between him and Brown. There were no reports of him fighting for one of the top QBs, when Brown was making his brilliant trade downs.

There were reports of the coaches being ...... perturbed .... when Joe Haden was released .... but not Berry.

The brain trust of Sashi and Berry left a team with 1 situational RB, (Duke) no QB, 1 WR, (Higgins) 1 TE (Njoku) and 3 OL.

On defense they left us with 2 DL, (Garrett and Ogunjobi) 2 LB, one always injured, and 1 being played out of position, (Kirksey and Schobert) and 1 S of questionable production. (Peppers)

Agreed. I will add that the "smart" guys were considering drafting Trubiski w/the first overall pick and Hue let everyone in the building know that he would not support that particular choice and he campaigned for Myles. Thank God for that.

The crazy thing is the "smart" guys had Trubiski rated higher than both Mahomes and Watson. And when Watson fell to the 12th pick, the Browns "smartly" traded that choice away.

Btw: Would someone let Bull know that RGIII, McCown, and Kessler were the qbs in the "smart" guys first year and they then "chose" to go w/Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan in the second year of their "smart" tenure?

And one more thing on the Haden situation. Cutting him a week or so after the DC and HC praised him is a sure sign how much importance the "smart" guys put into "working together" and "being on the same page."

D
Legend
Legend
D
Just know this ... your still wrong ... Depo’s more than just a process dude ... *LOL* ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
We saved like 2 million when we cut Haden .. i had no probs with the move til i heard that ... i was not a fan of Haden ... but to save pennies it was ANOTHER HORRIBLE MOVE ...

Your sticking up for the Coleman pick by giving reasons why he failed here ... rofl ..

He’s been on 2 or 3 other teams since then and has never been more than a 5th ...

U guts do it all the time ... all the stench gets put on people not here meanwhile depo and now berry get credit for the good and are shielded from the bad ... that’s BS ... its as bad or worse as saying there going to stink now because of what happened 3 or 4 years ago ...

Its BS ...

Legend
Legend
Just know this ... your still wrong ... Depo’s more than just a process dude ... *LOL* ...

Funny you sound like my wife, but you sure don't look like her. Plus I'm right.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The fact he didn't get his guy last year but got his guy this year plainly indicates his level in the power structure has increased.

We don't know, but if so, that is a good thing. He was giving Jimmy info on who we should draft pre-draft, then saw them to go on and have fine seasons on some other team while our Tiki Tiki wasn't doing squat.

See, that's the difference here. I never said it was a bad thing. I said he now has more influence. And he certainly does. It amazes me how hard people reach to try and deny that.

His HC of choice from last year was hired this year. I'm not sure how much more physical evidence one could possibly need than that to see that he has Haslam's ear much more now than in the past.

How that plays out moving forward in either a positive or negative way remains to be seen. I'm not saying he runs the team or makes all the calls the way mac is trying to do. What I am saying is that the HC and the way the system works out moving forward is more influenced in the direction Depo envisions.

As with every system be that football people or analytics there will be hits and misses. Hopefully it's more hits and less misses.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: mac
Like I challenged everyone...tell what talent Depo has added to the team in 2016 and 2017, to help the team win.What players did Depo add?

Robert Stalnaker (I have no idea who he is) accepts your challenge...

I also do not know who Robert Stalnaker is, but there's one person who popped in my mind both times I read his feed: Sashi Brown

If not Sashi then somebody aligned with Sashi. DePo? somebody they hired and then was fired and now has too much free time?

Seriously.. read through the account. It's dedicated almost entirely to trashing everybody before, during, and after Sashi's tenure here.. everybody except Sashi himself, Andrew Berry, and the analytics crew (I don't think Andrew Berry has the time for this.)

That is almost the singular focus of that account, and the way the stats are compiled is more advanced than what you'd expect from a typical fan. It's heavy on analytics and stuff from inside the Browns front office is passed off as fact.

That account just absolutely rips Dorsey, Farmer, Kitchens, and gives overly effusive praise to moves made or recommended by Sashi and crew.

Me thinking it is a (former?) insider is just an inkling, but that account does not come off as a typical fan. At least not any that I've seen.

Then there's this gem...

Dumb Tweet

that was the Bengals philosophy for years, gee there is a model to follow.

rofl

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Agreed. I will add that the "smart" guys were considering drafting Trubiski w/the first overall pick and Hue let everyone in the building know that he would not support that particular choice and he campaigned for Myles. Thank God for that.

The crazy thing is the "smart" guys had Trubiski rated higher than both Mahomes and Watson. And when Watson fell to the 12th pick, the Browns "smartly" traded that choice away.

Btw: Would someone let Bull know that RGIII, McCown, and Kessler were the qbs in the "smart" guys first year and they then "chose" to go w/Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan in the second year of their "smart" tenure?

And one more thing on the Haden situation. Cutting him a week or so after the DC and HC praised him is a sure sign how much importance the "smart" guys put into "working together" and "being on the same page."

Hue decided to start Kizer over Osweiler, that was Hue's choice not the FO. I think they tried to work with Hue too much. Didn't make sense to pay Osweiler his bad contract to be a backup once Hue named Kizer the guy.

Where's the evidence of the FO having Trubisky rated that highly? You keep saying it, but Hue thinking something doesn't make it true.

You keep stating facts I'm not debating, but put them like they prove something. Yes, those were the QBs we had. Yes, Hue utilized them terribly.

We passed on Watson. Fine. He'd probably have looked awful with Hue trying to make him a pocket passer and bad pieces around him. Watson and Hopkins works pretty well. Watson with Britt, Coleman, and Louis with Hue coaching? That has dumpster fire written all over it.

Saddled with a 3-36-1 coach, who they didn't want in the first place, they decided to look to the future.

The Haden cutting was a bad move. It wasn't one they wanted to make. They wanted to renegotiate his deal. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and feelings were hurt.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Hue decided to start Kizer over Osweiler, that was Hue's choice not the FO. I think they tried to work with Hue too much. Didn't make sense to pay Osweiler his bad contract to be a backup once Hue named Kizer the guy.

Quote:
With Kizer officially installed as the starter for a preseason game only at this point, Osweiler said he feels like he still has a “great opportunity” with the team, although he said it was better to ask General Manager Sashi Brown what he could do to win the job.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ne-with-browns/

Honest debate is often ruined by deceit on this board. Have a nice life.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Report: Browns still considering Mitchell Trubisky first overall

There have also been reports, denied by the Browns, of a rift in the front office, with head coach Hue Jackson wanting Garrett but Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta wanting Trubisky. It would be strange, to say the least, for the Browns to hire a head coach with a good track record for developing quarterbacks in Jackson, then use the first overall pick in the draft on a quarterback Jackson doesn’t think they should take.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-first-overall/

Hue Jackson reportedly wanted no part of Mitch Trubisky in 2017

"Now there was debate between targeting Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett and North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky," Wickersham wrote. "Jackson wanted Garrett and one day made his case by taping pictures of Garrett on the glass walls in [owner Jimmy] Haslam's office as a joke. But Jackson wasn't kidding when he later vowed to Haslam that he wouldn't support Trubisky, publicly or privately. The team ended up deciding in favor of Garrett but kept Jackson in the dark about it until shortly before the draft, for reasons unexplained to him."

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/...raft-128253300/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
you know, bull, I find it mind numbingly stunning that all this conversation is going on about what was done 3,4 even five years ago. news flash, I think some idiot gave up Paul warfield for who again?? that really needs a thorough rehashing so will some of you guys get to it.

I also find it amazing that some folks of presumably reasonable intelligence think that because some of our leadership was here during the tear down, that what they did then to rid us of contracts and build draft assets for the future has zero to do with what will be done now. totally different team in a totally different place.

most people can see this but we have a few folks who choose not to. we also have a couple who are in desperate need of Valium.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Crazy that an inaccurate story would come out just before the draft, right? That never happens.

Also, Myles Garrett is on the team. The person in charge made the right choice.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's become Dawgtalkers protocol. People will do pretty much anything to promote what they believe and dismiss what they don't. Sportswriters turn from good, to trash and back to good depending on what they write. If they write things people don't want to see or read, they suddenly become trash. Once they start writing things people want to see and read, they become good again.

It's all the rage.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Just so we’re clear, Sashi was in charge. Myles Garrett is on the team. Good job Sashi.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't make the news. I just report it.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cont...Football guys did half the job, now it's up to numbers boys to finish the job...

Link Copied to Clipboard