Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
"TMZ says border patrol also found 23 mason jars, a can-sealing machine, an electronic scale, and $3,100 in cash in Bray’s jeans."

Cargo pants?

:-p

MC Hammer cargo pants.

Well, he definitely got to experience "STOP. Hammer Time!"

Well played.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
157 pounds of MJ... Yikes.....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I just wonder how much volume 157# of pot takes up.

Here is a photo of 150 pounds

[img]https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/kmov.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/14/014a11c5-97c0-578d-8394-102f89c3427a/5b7505405fc71.image.jpg?resize=400%2C225[/img]

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Holy cow!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I think he has done that in TEN the past couple of years but I could be mistaken.

That's the system they've run but is he a good fit? I don't know. He's going to cost a ton in free agency.

He will cost a ton in FA, no doubt. From PFF, just one source:

Quote:
21. T JACK CONKLIN
Conklin is the best right tackle on the market, and he’s coming off a regular season which he finished 12th overall among tackles in PFF grade (78.3) and fifth in run-blocking grade (81.0). Conklin has some issues in pass protection, as his pass-blocking grade ranks just 49th on true pass sets over the last two seasons, and he’s on the higher end among offensive tackles receiving help (double teams, chip blocks, etc). Still, Conklin is a versatile run blocker who finished with the No. 6 grade on zone runs and the No. 14 mark on gap runs. He’s been one of the better right tackles in the league since being drafted in the first round in 2016.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

Overall, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good, young RT candidates just finishing up with their first contract. So teams might overspend as a result? Who knows.

If PFF's analysis of Conklin is accurate I wouldn't pursue him for the price he's likely to demand. Take a second LT relatively high and you can get decent run blocking and mediocre pass protection on a rookie deal. I'd draft Niang, Hunt or Cleveland and live with the production and keep the cap space. If they want a veteran sign Rashod Hill from the Vikings. He's played in Stefanski's scheme. He was adequate when they had an injury at RT. Still draft a RT to develop.

Last edited by guard dawg; 02/20/20 07:46 PM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Oops!....

That makes the decision to replace him easier..like 100% sure.

Robinson blocked like he was smoked up...he probably was.

Question: is this incident more of a reflection upon the 2019 team, with others on our team involved?...

...for example, maybe Avery, maybe Hunt...these two just as an example and nothing more.

Did the Browns have a MJ problem in 2019?

Well, we know of 3 who did in Robinson, Calloway, and Hunt. Did Avery as well?

We did seem to lack discipline and possibly is was institutional? I am not blaming Dorsey, but he did take chances on players with transgressions. I applaud him for that when it works. I don't blame him when not, but you end up with guys like this.

I don't know how much pot the guy had, but when you are arrested at the border by border patrol and they say it is a large quantity, they have seen large quantities. It doesn't sound like a few baggies, or even a few lbs.

We weren't going to sign him anyway. One less player to discuss. This makes cutting him pretty simple.

Look, I'm all for blaming Kitchens for anything remotely related to locker room and culture issues... but 150+ lbs of weed is bigger than running a football team. Robinson is dumb, Kitchens and the Browns had nothing to do with this.

I know they didn't. Not sure if you think I did, but we agree.

The guy is a idiot. He will be lucky if he doesn't spend 7-8 years in prison.

I can empathize with someone who might get caught with a LB or two, but 157lbs? Hard to do. You are beyond a user and someone trying to hook up a few friends.

I mean, seriously, how stupid is that guy? It's not like he was trying to figure out how to feed or put shoes on his kids growing feet.

Screw him. He deserves the book because some people are desperate and are forced to do stuff like that.

I am not sticking up for them, but can understand and would lean towards some leniency. Not so much here. The guy isn't desperate. He's just a thug who doesn't care.

Sorry man, see ya in 8 years, if you behave well. If not, serve the other 5, and maybe more if you are totally stupid. He could be up for 20-25 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Was Robinso trying to start his own cartel?

O
Legend
Legend
O
It was all for personal use.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Bring him back!

M
Legend
Legend
M
I saw this....I wonder if Shanahan might have use for Gabriel again?

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V

Bring him back!

Aren't the guys that cut him [minus Sashi] back in charge?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Alongside guys like TJ Carrie and Joe Thomas, Gabriel was right up there with the tag of "good people" I had the privilege to meet.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Bring him back!

Aren't the guys that cut him [minus Sashi] back in charge?

Yup. It was a mistake to cut him. It didn’t make any sense at the time.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I remember there was talk of it on the board. It was a quiet, but fairly interesting debate.

If I have my years right, I think he had a pretty good year w/some very big plays when Shanny was here. The next year, his production slipped and he battled injuries. He was cut the following year. I think I have that right. It's just my recollection.

I don't think it was some huge controversy, though. Just a minor one.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Yup. It was a mistake to cut him. It didn’t make any sense at the time.

Taylor was cut in favor of Andrew Hawkins being on the roster his final year with the team in '16. This was Hue's decision. Andrew Hawkins has discussed this on his podcast with Joe Thomas.

Hue and Hawk had a relationship from their time in Cincinnati together.

Side note, Hawk tells a funny story of the time he had to room with Marvin Lewis.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I could have sworn that Gabriel was on the 2015 roster. I also think that while Hawkins was kept on the 2016 roster probably because of his ties to Hue, that Ricardo Louis, Higgins, and Jordan Payton were drafted that year and they weren't going anywhere? Corey Coleman was drafted that year, too..........but, it's obvious he wouldn't have been considered as a potential cut.

In other news, Hue Jackson is responsible for global warming and coronavirus disease.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I could have sworn that Gabriel was on the 2015 roster. I also think that while Hawkins was kept on the 2016 roster probably because of his ties to Hue, that Ricardo Louis, Higgins, and Jordan Payton were drafted that year and they weren't going anywhere? Corey Coleman was drafted that year, too..........but, it's obvious he wouldn't have been considered as a potential cut.

In other news, Hue Jackson is responsible for global warming and coronavirus disease.

Gabriel was on the 2015 roster when Mike Pettine was the HC and Shanny was running the offense.

It's not my story. It's Andrew Hawkins and Joe Thomas' story.

Also, this isn't a big deal 4 years later. It's quite common for coaches to keep players they're familiar with. Happens all the time in the NFL.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Just clarifying and I am not attacking you. There are different ways to look at things.

There are different questions here.

Was Hue given the choice of who to cut among all the receivers? Or was he asked who he preferred between Hawkins and Gabriel?

I think the latter is true, because frankly, I bet Hue would have chose to cut Payton if had a real choice. All FOs want to keep their guys. Neither Hawkins or Gabriel were the FO's guys. The draft choices were.

Now, if you want to argue that Hue should have chosen Gabriel over Hawkins, I would say that their play after the fact proves you would be correct. I just don't think it is as simple as that.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
It's a message board, I would say I never feel "attacked."

Listening to Hawk and Thomas tell the story, I presume it was either Hawk or Gabriel, but I was not in the building to say definitively. If I recall, Thomas said something along the lines of "they certainly weren't keeping both of you shrimps on the roster" and Hawk replied how his connection to Hue is why Hue chose him over Gabriel.

Gabriel followed Shanny to ATL and it worked out best for his career. Shanny was able to get the most out of him. It worked out best for Gabriel in the long run.

Agree, FOs certainly like to keep their guys. We see it all the time.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Glad you brought up the shrimps part. Now that your brought it up, I remember that being a point of contention. It was discussed that Taylor and Gabriel were the two guys that were considerations for being cut because they were both smaller WRs. I forgot about that.

I think both the FO drafting guys and the size of the two WRs you brought up were both worthy considerations. I know it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot because it was so long ago, but I appreciate true conversation that concentrates on the truth.

Thanks.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 02/21/20 10:46 PM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
As I recall, Gabriel had a lot of drops in crucial situations in the previous year, and that also played a part in the considerations.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
J/C

If we deem Conklin a good fit for ZBS and worth it, then getting him and drafting an OT would certainly go a long ways to help our O

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
It's a message board, I would say I never feel "attacked."

Listening to Hawk and Thomas tell the story, I presume it was either Hawk or Gabriel, but I was not in the building to say definitively. If I recall, Thomas said something along the lines of "they certainly weren't keeping both of you shrimps on the roster" and Hawk replied how his connection to Hue is why Hue chose him over Gabriel.

Gabriel followed Shanny to ATL and it worked out best for his career. Shanny was able to get the most out of him. It worked out best for Gabriel in the long run.

Agree, FOs certainly like to keep their guys. We see it all the time.

As always, Milk.....thanks for the knowledge. I gotta start listening to that podcast more.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
They have the same body type, but they're not the same receiver. Odd that they would be lumped together. Gabriel is more of a speedy guy, right? Hawk was that shifty slot receiver.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are at least partially right, but there were some similarities. Like I said earlier, I believe the FO didn't want any of their 4 drafted WRs to be cut and the coaching staff was tasked on choosing between Gabriel and Hawk.

My contention is that no way Payton should have been kept over either guy. I doubt [but, could be wrong] that the FO would bring back Gabriel considering the past and that is how this entire conversation began.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't remember where we were in terms of wanting to dump the dead weight we had at WR. With the benefit of hindsight, yes. Gabriel was better than Payton... but there was a point in time that we pretty much knew what Gabriel was and wasn't, and Payton was that tempting unknown.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
I like the Hawk.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Speaking of Payton ... what a crappy WR draft that turned out to be ... Coleman, Louis, Payton, Higgins.

Higgins situation was so strange too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Speaking of Payton ... what a crappy WR draft that turned out to be ... Coleman, Louis, Payton, Higgins.

Higgins situation was so strange too

It was a fairly poor draft for WR's that year. Why thy chose to draft so many mid round WR's in such a weak WR draft class it still a mystery I don't have an answer to.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

We had no real receivers, and the fan base, for years, had been crying for them. The previous GM, Farmer, felt you could get receivers anywhere and did not try to get any.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Legend
Legend
P
Needing WR's and drafting them in the mid rounds in a weak WR draft class just makes no sense. I understand the need, but not if you aren't improving at the position. Wasting draft picks on weak talent is a waste of resources.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree ... it was a real head scratcher

V
Legend
Legend
V
The did pass on Michael Thomas twice, though. Yet, they call us "ignorant" for saying we prefer Dorsey over the "smart" guys.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Dorsey passed on the league MVP twice.

Legend
Legend

Why was that?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Why was that?

Bad GMing. Obviously.

Legend
Legend

Why was that?

Bad GMing. Obviously.

Meant to ask "Who?".

C
Legend
Legend
C

Why was that?

Bad GMing. Obviously.

Meant to ask "Who?".

Lamar Jackson.

Legend
Legend

Why was that?

Bad GMing. Obviously.

Meant to ask "Who?".

Lamar Jackson.

I see what you meant. I was thinking 2 different MVPs.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player Movement, Off Season Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard