Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1739124 03/07/20 09:49 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This year is crazy because so many QBs are reportedly on the move. Let's discuss some of them and their possible destinations. You can discuss where you think they should go and where you think they will actually end up.

Tom Brady: I think the best fit for him would be Chicago because they have a great defense and just need adequate qb play. However, I don't think he ends up there. My top choices for him are Indy, Chargers, Titans, Tampa Bay, New England.

Phillip Rivers: He was a very good qb, but his arm is shot. Poor mechanics caught up to him. I don't know if he is a quality starter anymore, so I won't say where he should go. I think his top landing spots are Indy and maybe Jax if they trade Foles.

Jimmy G: Despite all the talk of Brady going to SF, I think the 49ers would be nuts to make that move. I think Jimmy G stays in SF. If Brady does sign there, I see Jimmy G going back to NE.

Teddy Bridgewater: Dude went 5 and 0 in New Orleans. I think the Chargers will sign him. Best places for him to go are the Chargers, and then New England [if they don't keep Brady.]

Ryan Tannehill: He had a very good year. I think he should stay in Tennessee. I think he will end up staying there. If not..........hell, I can't even venture a guess.

Cam Newton: This is a tough one because of his injuries and he is really flaky. I think the Bears would be a decent fit. I think he will end up in Carolina or Chicago.

Nick Foles: He had a disastrous year in every sense of the phrase. I think the Jags should keep him. Most likely fits would be Jags, Bears, Eagles.

Mitchel Trubisky: He is a good athlete, but is not a very good passer. Nagy is misusing him. Nagy is so overrated. I think the Bears should probably keep Mitch, but bring in a dude to challenge him. Most likely, he ends up staying in Chicago or goes to a place like Tenn to back up Tannehill.

Marcus Mariotta: He never learned how to read coverages. Good guy and a better athlete. But, you will never make it big if you can't read coverages fast enough. I think he could be a back-up in Tenn, Chicago, and for the Jets. Most likely landing spots are the w/the first two.

Joe Flacco: He is going to be out of Denver after what he said. I think he fits what Bruce Arians wants in a qb. Big, strong, huge arm, pocket passer. Most likely is probably LA Chargers, Buffalo as a backup, TB, NE, Indy.

Jameis Winston: Had over 5,000 yards passing. Had over 30 TDs and Interceptions. Threw about six pick-sixes. I heard a comment that he could have been the offensive and defensive MVP of several games. LOL. I think the best place for him would be Pittsburgh. Back up Ben for awhile and then take over. NE is another spot where he might benefit from being a backup. Most likely landing spots are .......Not sure, but he will probably start the year as a backup.

Jacoby Brissett: Started off pretty good and then fizzled. I think Indy should keep him and let him learn while backing up someone else. Most likely spots are Indy, LA Chargers, NE, Rams.

Andy Dalton: He is not as bad as most folks think. I think the best case scenario for him would be to go to the Bears as a starter. If not, he would be a great backup in places w/young, struggling qbs like the Jets and Browns. Most likely.........Chicago.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I want to add to my previous post. I think the odds are minuscule, but I would not be shocked if the Browns brought in Brady to be the starter.

All the talk last year was how terrible Brady's weapons were last year. Well, Dorsey ensured that the Browns had the best skilled players around Baker. OBJ, Landry, Chubb, and Hunt. Njoku was already here and while he is inconsistent, he does have big-play ability.

Brady doesn't need the time to throw that Baker does. He is the master of reading defenses. He can get rid of the ball very quickly. Imagine him w/these weapons????????? Wow!

The chance of it happening is very, very small...........but, it makes all the sense in the world. Brady would love to have our weapons and I bet our weapons and OL would love having him.

Legend
Legend
I think Brady ends up in Tennessee. Easy-ish division, friend is the coach, good run game, etc.

I think Rivers ends up in Indy.

I think NE ends up with Cam Newton

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I want to add to my previous post. I think the odds are minuscule, but I would not be shocked if the Browns brought in Brady to be the starter.

All the talk last year was how terrible Brady's weapons were last year. Well, Dorsey ensured that the Browns had the best skilled players around Baker. OBJ, Landry, Chubb, and Hunt. Njoku was already here and while he is inconsistent, he does have big-play ability.

Brady doesn't need the time to throw that Baker does. He is the master of reading defenses. He can get rid of the ball very quickly. Imagine him w/these weapons????????? Wow!

The chance of it happening is very, very small...........but, it makes all the sense in the world. Brady would love to have our weapons and I bet our weapons and OL would love having him.

The REAL reason you started the thread.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 03/07/20 10:51 PM.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
A lot of people agree w/you. I understand it, but right now.......isn't Tannehill better than Brady?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
No, it's not.

However, what if it was? Would that be an indictment on my character? If so, wouldn't it also be an indictment on the character of everyone who has ever suggested that it might be a good move to replace a player/coach? I wonder what the real reason is for your reply? LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
... I would not be shocked if the Browns brought in Brady to be the starter.

Interesting, but I wonder whether Baker's personality could 'tolerate' that situation...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Probably not. But, like I said...........I think the odds are minuscule.

I probably should not have mentioned that. I see that one of the Baker Boys already questioned me.

I made the thread to talk about something new since the PFF is a bit stale right now. About half way through writing the post, I thought that it was a mistake to make it because it was becoming like work.

I made the Brady comment as an afterthought. I don't want that to be the focus and is NOT why I made the original post. I will say I am real tired of certain posters getting on others who question Baker and not saying a word when posters continually question other players.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would love to see Brady come to Cleveland. Hopefully Baker would be able to learn from him. By the time Brady would be leaving, Baker would be starting his second contract, and would not be as expensive, after spending 3 years riding the pine, though he may not want to resign here. Brady and Giselle have so much money that Haslam would not have to evict Baker from his digs at the stadium .. brownie

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
C
Legend
Legend
C
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Garoppolo - San Francisco
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Trubisky - Bears starter on a short leash
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Brissett - Not Indianapolis
Dalton - Bears

I will get all of these correct.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, that’s what Tennessee has to decide lol. I think it’s one of a few places Brady ends up (maybe TB, CHI, IND)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Mariota to the Raiders makes sense, as it does for him to sign in Chicago with Trubisky teetering

Legend
Legend
If not New England. Brady to Tennessee makes sense to me.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Legend
Legend
R
Brady to Cleveland would be a dream scenario with Baker as the backup. Doesn't matter if Baker likes it or not. What matters is what is best for the Browns, short-term and long-term. Therefore, I'm 100% confident it won't happen.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think the Steelers need a backup qb. Ben is old and coming off of a serious injury. Rudolph and Duck were awful.

Does anyone seeing one of the qbs on the list being high on Pittsburgh's list?

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Brady to the Browns is an interesting thought. If he had things to prove i.e. it was he not Bellicheck that was responsible for the Patriots dynasty or that he is in fact the greatest QB ever. He could see it as the greatest challenge: leading the Browns to their first Super Bowl?

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I think Brady to the Cowboys makes sense. If I am Jones; A.) I want to win the SB. B.) Am not sure if Dak is the one to do it and C.) Not sure I want to pay Dak top QB money. Trade Dak sign Brady. Brady gets one last run with the Cowboys.

I should add that I don't think it will happen just that it makes sense to me when I think about it.

Last edited by vadawgfan07; 03/08/20 10:08 AM.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
There has been some talk of Brady going to Dallas. But, at this point in time, I think Dak is a better qb. It's kind of hard to go w/an older qb who is not playing as well as your younger guy. The one thing that balances things out is that we know Brady won't choke in big moments.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Cowboys need WRs and a better defense.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
And a total fantasy. Brady isnt signing with the Browns. Delusional

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
No you wont

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Browns2020
No you wont

You must be new around here.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think the Steelers need a backup qb. Ben is old and coming off of a serious injury. Rudolph and Duck were awful.

Does anyone seeing one of the qbs on the list being high on Pittsburgh's list?

The Steelers have never paid for a backup. I would expect them to draft a guy to develop over signing a veteran.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well i thought it was a good idea for a thread ... i said the other day this will be the most interesting FA period EVER and for me the above position and all the QB movement is the big reason why ... its going to be fun to watch ... thumbsup ...

I have no clue who will end up where, I just know I’m gonna enjoy watching it all unfold ...

To bad the thread killing troll who should be banned by now showed up ... thumbsdown

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Mariota to the Raiders makes sense, as it does for him to sign in Chicago with Trubisky teetering

Why would the Raiders want to replace Carr with Mariota? That would be a significant step down, IMHO.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't remember a year in which so many well-known QBs could potentially change teams. It's fun to discuss.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Why would the Raiders want to replace Carr with Mariota? That would be a significant step down, IMHO.

There are rumors that the Raiders want Mariota as their backup. He would be among the best backups in the league.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't believe Dak Prescott is worth the money he is asking. His overall #'s are good but he can't seem to beat good teams or win big games even with all that talent. Tom Brady would be a perfect fit in Dallas IMO. Lot's of playmakers, a great O-line and an owner that would support him. Tom Brady playing on one of, if not the most popular team in football, WOW. The ratings would go through the roof and JJ, being the businessman that he is, would have to see what merchandise sales for his team would be like. He'd make millions just with that. Sign TB for 2 years and maybe draft another QB to develop behind him or sign one of the FA QB's. I think it makes a lot of sense.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The money is a funny thing. The market price is always escalating. Dak is better than Goff who got paid big money. He's right there w/Wentz, who got paid. He's been better than Stafford and Cousins, who got paid. He's proven more than Jimmy G did when the latter got paid.

Brady is probably the GOAT, but he is going to be 43 in August. How old is Dak? Let me look.....He will be 27 in July.

I don't know.......

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree with what your saying Vers. Good points but what a PR bonanza!! Tom Brady on Americas team, Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys rolling the dice for a Super Bowl in the next 2 years!!! If your sick of JJ and the Cowboys now it will get a lot worse. The Cowboys will be on every week and JJ will be interviewed every day on every national sports show. The networks will love it!!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
No doubt about that.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I would take Brady over Dak, even at their current ages. I don't think Dak necessarily played better than Brady last year or is currently better than Brady.

I like Dak, but he makes or misses 2-3 head scratching throws a game that end up costing his team. And he's not clutch.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't like Dallas at all but I'll watch them every week with TB on the team whether they win or lose. Tom Brady's name on anything with the Dallas star will sell. They'll make millions even without a Super Bowl.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Garoppolo - San Francisco
Bridgewater - Chargers
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Panthers
Foles - Bucs backup
Trubisky - Bears
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - AARP
Winston - Bucs
Brissett - Patriots backup
Dalton - Bears

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That's a pretty good list, but man, did you see some of BA's comments about Winston and the QB position? LOL......BA is so subtle.

Legend
Legend
Brissett to NE makes sense as well

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
yeah - BA pulls no punches.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
And just to think the Browns could have drafted Prescott but instead took Kessler. Which lead to drafting Baker Mayfield

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
And just to think the Browns could have drafted Prescott but instead took Kessler. Which lead to drafting Baker Mayfield

Thank God we didn't draft Prescott if it wasn't for Zeke he would be even worse than he is, I can't believe Dallas would even consider paying this guy $33 Million superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

Thank God we didn't draft Prescott if it wasn't for Zeke he would be even worse than he is, I can't believe Dallas would even consider paying this guy $33 Million superconfused

Are you new to the NFL?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2020 QB Carousel

Link Copied to Clipboard