Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

I always shake my head when I see that term......"legal tampering".

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
This makes sense since the CBA decision will be on Saturday, especially w/the potential changes to the number of franchise tags a team can use.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shocker!

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Shocker!

Purple!

tongue

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
That was expected IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Anyone know where there is zero talks about possibly tagging Joe Scho...Well we all know cost, the good thing is worst case scenario it's only for a year (to possibly wait one year further to fill the void) Or heck even the transition tag should be mentioned imho.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The transition tag will be gone if the new CBA is passed on Saturday.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

This is not true. For reasons related to the old CBA this off-season teams were going to be able to franchise tag one player and transition tag one player (usually you are only allowed to do one or the other). If a new CBA is agreed to then teams will be allowed to use the franchise tag or the transition tag.

As far as tagging Schobert, I think someone asked Andrew Berry about it during media availability at some point and he said, I'm paraphrasing, that they would "consider" it.

Legend
Legend
They won't pay him $11 million/year, but they would franchise him at $14 million? crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Shocker!

Purple!

tongue

What??

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
They won't pay him $11 million/year, but they would franchise him at $14 million? crazy
Even though I highly doubt that they would, 14 for 1 is a lot less than 44 for 4, especially if 20 of that 44 is guaranteed. smile

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the front office not willing to pay schobert 10 million is a rumor based on assumptions.

I also think we have to be weary of our spending. I'm sure some will say we're "playing moneyball" but Dorsey's spending was out of control and we have to clean up the mess.

In that regard, I don't think we will franchise Schobert.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Ya, quite the mess ... we only had more cap space then 22 other teams before we cut Kirko and created more .. what a mess he left us .. we may never be competitive again ... rolleyes

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Ya, quite the mess ... we only had more cap space then 22 other teams before we cut Kirko and created more .. what a mess he left us .. we may never be competitive again ... rolleyes

Since when you let go the anchor? Refloat your boat...we're finally on the right heading to the Isle. Ahoy, matey... nanner

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Since when you let go the anchor? Refloat your boat...we're finally on the right heading to the Isle. Ahoy, matey... nanner

LETS GOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo thumbsup

Anchor that ... *L* ...

We’re almost done redecorating and cleaning out the cobwebs leftover from last years ... almost back open ... STAY TUNED brother .... thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We spent over the cap last year and that was with Schobert on his rookie deal.

Luckily for us Dorsey didn't spend everything or we wouldn't have any rollover cap space. I have no idea if we are planning on using all the cap space this year or not, but with Baker and Chubb on rookie deals it would be ideal to get a great team on the field in the next couple years and try to win one. The best time is now.

Legend
Legend
Let the legal tampering continue, er, begin!

WE are our own sideshow, and the love media shows us.

I hope we get better this year.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
We spent over the cap last year and that was with Schobert on his rookie deal.

Luckily for us Dorsey didn't spend everything or we wouldn't have any rollover cap space. I have no idea if we are planning on using all the cap space this year or not, but with Baker and Chubb on rookie deals it would be ideal to get a great team on the field in the next couple years and try to win one. The best time is now.

Last edited by Rishuz; 03/10/20 07:43 PM. Reason: Misread the post.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

This is not true. For reasons related to the old CBA this off-season teams were going to be able to franchise tag one player and transition tag one player (usually you are only allowed to do one or the other). If a new CBA is agreed to then teams will be allowed to use the franchise tag or the transition tag.

As far as tagging Schobert, I think someone asked Andrew Berry about it during media availability at some point and he said, I'm paraphrasing, that they would "consider" it.

My bad. See how easy it is to admit a mistake. Try it sometime.

Anyway, my point when replying to tru was that the new CBA would allow teams to only tag one player instead of two.

But, I guess I told a horrible lie. LOL

V
Legend
Legend
V
People are so quick to jump on anything that is even partially critical of the Analytic guys, yet a guy can say that Dorsey left the Browns in a mess and only one poster even questions it?

Mind-boggling.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I liked the post questioning the poster.

Does that count?

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
LOL

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL.....

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
People are so quick to jump on anything that is even partially critical of the Analytic guys, yet a guy can say that Dorsey left the Browns in a mess and only one poster even questions it?

Mind-boggling.

Because it's true. He did leave us in a mess. And yes, it's truly mind-boggling with how well he was set up that we are in this pickle.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Spin it all u like ... were in fine cap space ...

WE ARE IN FINE CAP SPACE ... the rest is just BS unless of course your goal is to lead the league in cap space each and every year .... rofl ....

Gee, I wonder witch two sashiettes liked your spin .... *L* ...

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Spin it all u like ... were in fine cap space ...

WE ARE IN FINE CAP SPACE ... the rest is just BS unless of course your goal is to lead the league in cap space each and every year .... rofl ....

There has to be an award for the team with the most cap space, right?... wink

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm still wondering how this team is a mess? They have a ton of cap space. Analysts across the country agree that they have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let me know if you figure it out. I can't.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm still wondering how this team is a mess? They have a ton of cap space. Analysts across the country agree that they have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

I just don't see it on the defensive side of the ball. Holes at safety and linebacker. Question mark's at corner. Let's be honest, we don't know what the trajectory of Ward and Greedy are at this point. One stud in Garrett and that's it.

On offense it's the OL. I'm just not seeing this talented roster other than WR and RB. Of course, Baker could elevate the entire team with his play, but who's betting on that?

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Quote:

It's always comical seeing posters constantly get triggered for others 'liking' posts.. so much so that they need to write about it all the time.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
There are holes to fill on the Browns. Of course, all teams have holes. Look at the Chiefs. Cam Erving was starting at LT for part of the season. Their OL has some holes in it. So does their secondary.

I think the proclamation that Dorsey left this team in a mess is absurd. There is a lot more talent on the roster than before he took over and the team still has a lot of cap space. That's not a "mess."

R
Legend
Legend
R
I would have preferred to leave Dorsey in charge so I'm not trying to slam Dorsey. But it has more to do with my complete lack of confidence in Haslam, his new FO, and this coaching staff.

I don't think Dorsey left the team a mess. But I see alot of holes. We'll just say my confidence is not as high as yours.

Of course it will come down to Stefanski and Baker ultimately. Good QB play can cover a lot for marginal talent and holes.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Mind-boggling.

Because it's true. He did leave us in a mess. And yes, it's truly mind-boggling with how well he was set up that we are in this pickle.

We have major holes that need addressing.....

RT, RG, LT, LBx2, FS, SS, DL Depth, CB depth, perhaps the DE spot if Vernon is cut because he can't stay on the field. This is all as a result of terrible contracts and decisions for bad/overrated players. Even if Dorsey was retained, he would have needed to address all above positions because of his decisions. That's how much of a mess it was.

We'd obviously be in the same mess we are in now with or without Dorsey here. You're right....so much draft capital and cap space was handed to him. Shame.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not questioning your opinions. I'm saying that the claim that Dorsey left the team a mess is a false claim that was manufactured by a poster known for it.

I do agree w/you on that this season comes down to Baker and the coaching staff.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K

RT, RG, LT, LBx2, FS, SS, DL Depth, CB depth, perhaps the DE spot if Vernon is cut because he can't stay on the field. This is all as a result of terrible contracts and decisions for bad/overrated players. Even if Dorsey was retained, he would have needed to address all above positions because of his decisions. That's how much of a mess it was.

We'd obviously be in the same mess we are in now with or without Dorsey here. You're right....so much draft capital and cap space was handed to him. Shame.

the Browns Offensive Line was fine last year, it produce the 2nd NFL leading rusher, and it was ranked 6th best in the entire NFL in pass block win rate

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2758...rwr-leaderboard

Furthermore 3 of the Browns 5 Offensive Lineman(Tretter, Bitonio, and Teller) were ranked in the Top 10 in their position in 2019 for pass block win rate (Bitionio 4th for Guards, Teller 9th for Guards, and Tretter 2nd for Centers)

Baker Mayfield was absolute TRASH last year. He took suckage to a whole never level. 42 year old Tom Brady won 12 games with the NFL's 2nd ranked pass block win percentage OL and no weapons around him. Mayfield has the NFL's 6th best pass blocking OL and OBJ, Landry, Chubb, and Hunt and absolutely sucked...Mayfield is solely to blame for how awful we were last year.

Its utter ***** **** that our OL was bad last year and thats why we struggled. Mayfield must have good marketing or paying someone to get the Plain dealer and other Cleveland media to parrot that trash...ESPN and PFF says otherwise...our OL was actually far better than about 20 teams under us....but heaven forbid it can't ever be Mayfields fault that he sucks.

Just wait...next year he will be even worse...what will be the excuse then? lol

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Mind-boggling.

I find it interesting that the Dorsey-supporters - who like to bash those who question Dorsey - NEVER breakdown "all the talent he brought in". They just say those words without backing it up with details.

Those who question Dorsey point out the numerous holes in the roster...and those holes are CLEARLY numerous.

Then the more-supportive-of Dorsey throw out blanket statements about releasing players that are already here and are weakening the roster. They say it as if it is many guys and/or guys who have been effective here. But they don't name the name...and I purposely left out an 's' there. Not re-signing Joe Shobert for crazy $$$ is NOT the same as ridding the team of McCourty, D Shelton, Ogbah, eventual team-captain Nassib, Fells, Collins and replacing them with TJ Carrie, Deveroe Lawrence, Poster Gustin, Bryan Cox Jr, Demetrious Harris and Adarious Taylor.

Dorsey DID some good things. He DID NOT use the draft and cap capital he was gifted NEARLY as well as he should have...AND...he was NOT fired.

Watch the arguments for yourself. Some people talk about playerS added and deleted. Others throw out the "all the talent added" mantra but NEVER back it up with who the hell the guys are that make up "all that talent".

The argument is even more ridiculous when you look at the added AND deleted guys during Dorsey's tenure. He did some good things, but he wasn't nearly good-enough and he was far, far from having brought in "all this/that talent".

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Quote:
the Browns Offensive Line was fine last year, it produce the 2nd NFL leading rusher, and it was ranked 6th best in the entire NFL in pass block win rate

And guess why that was....largely because of Bitonio (4th of all Guards) and Trettor (2nd of all Centers). Let me know if you see Robinson and Hubbard on that list? And for Teller, I don't know what he will become...he had a 56 grade on PFF though (spoiler alert- that's not good). Their interior was far greater than the outside. Dorsey brought in Robinson, Hubbard and Teller/Kush, not Bitonio or Trettor. Three of the four will be gone for good reason. Let's hope Teller works out...or we could have just kept Zeitler...what a thought.

Quote:
Baker Mayfield was absolute TRASH last year.

If you believe this, that adds to the mess.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Some thoughts on the upcoming free agency period.

Offensive line: Brian Bulaga would be a good fit if GB does not keep him. He fits the scheme and is a good player. I would probably try and restructure Hubbard's contract and keep him as a swing player. Draft an OT, provided one is available that coincides w/your board for the long-term.

Safety: I think Tre Boston is an underrated player. I would plug him in at FS and keep Murray and Burnett. Jimmy Ward is a possibility due to his flexibility.

Linebacker: I would re-sign Joe Schobert.

Quarterback: Case Keenum would be a huge get.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard