M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Originally Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
"I've always known, this is a real -- this is a real -- this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

This is where incompetence becomes dangerous.

Nonsense. The strong leadership you're seeing here could only come from experience gained as a game show host and teen beauty pageant organizer.

Y’all take a serious situation and politicize it. I get it...there’s a proper place and time for everything. This isn’t the time...

And I would assume that you would agree that it wasn’t the time a couple weeks ago this a democratic hoax or anything that fox said couple weeks ago

Unbelievable

Legend
Legend
A .22 is all most people need. Aim small, miss small. 1st time I shot mine I nailed bullseyes 1st 4 or 5. Quick reload as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
There have been a lot of BIG runs on ammo.

sgammo.com stopped taking orders because they are about 10 days behind on fulfillment.

Several shops in my area are completely sold out.

One shop (who I'm buying a can from) was about to order a 55-gallon drum (12,500 rounds) of 5.56 to repackage and sell ... partly because that's all he can get right now.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
A .22 is all most people need. Aim small, miss small. 1st time I shot mine I nailed bullseyes 1st 4 or 5. Quick reload as well.

The great thing about .22 is that it is easy to not only get back on target quickly, but to just keep it on target in the first place.

That big spinner is going to work the wrist and forearm a little just by virtue of the action sitting so high in relation to the wrist; it creates a natural pivot/lever where all the energy goes.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
What would you have liked for Trump to do?

STFU and do his job. Stop projecting his flaws on Obama and the Democrats. This happened under his watch and he’s still lying about the test kits. Testing started way too late and you can’t get tested if you want to get tested like trump said you could. Recklessly trump put many American’s in harms way. The majority of test kits are still promised to come. But when? And still trump could have used the World Health Org test in the meantime until the USA developed their own testing and procedures.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday that the blame for the slow pace of testing for coronavirus in the U.S. does not lie with either President Trump or the CDC.

Fauci told Hugh Hewitt on "The Hugh Hewitt" show that a "technical glitch" resulted in the delay in production of usable tests in the U.S., something Fauci prescribed to random error.

"It was a complicated series of multiple things that conflated that just, you know, went the wrong way. One of them was a technical glitch that slowed things down in the beginning. Nobody’s fault. There wasn’t any bad guys there. It just happened," Fauci said.

"Was the glitch or anything about the production of the test President Trump’s fault?" Hewitt responded. "Or actually, let me put it more broadly, would every president have run into the same problem?"

"Oh, absolutely," Fauci replied. "This has nothing to do with anybody’s fault, certainly not the president’s fault."

His comments come as the U.S. health care system and the Trump administration have faced criticism over the low numbers of coronavirus tests being performed throughout the country as thousands of Americans have confirmed cases of the disease and thousands more have self-quarantined or practiced forms of social distancing to avoid spreading it further.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487985-fauci-neither-trump-nor-cdc-to-blame-for-testing-delay

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am no expert on home defense. Killing people is not a passion of mine. LOL

However, I rely on two primary home defense weapons. A shotgun. Just engaging it will chase intruders off. It's number one in my opinion.

However, if someone would be able to get close to us while we are sleeping [my dogs would bark like crazy if someone was breaking in, but let's just pretend they didn't hear them] I think a smaller weapon is probably a better tool. Something that is easier to maneuver and shoot from any position.

Again, I am not an expert on such things. Just my thinking of how I defend my home.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
[quote=OldColdDawg] I just want to know who finally got through to Trump and how they did it. They deserve a medal.

This supposedly- over 2 million dead if we don’t do something

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/...-covid-response

"President Trump’s surprisingly sober press conference on Monday was reportedly sparked by a British study suggesting that the U.S. could face 2.2 million fatalities if the coronavirus epidemic goes unabated."

Hell the mitigated numbers are insane! We're looking at 1.1 million deaths by the time this plays out even with everything we are doing?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/17/20 11:23 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Depends on the shotgun. My home defense shotgun has a shorter barrel than a field gun and a folding stock. I can use it to clear corners and doorways quite effectively.

Also, don't forget that there is a difference between cover and concealment. If you know where the bad guy is on the other side of a wall or doorway, shoot through the wall. Twice.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
LOL...........but, good points. Again, I am far from an expert on such things. I just know my two weapons of choice for home defense. That doesn't mean I am correct. Just conversing.

Legend
Legend
There's more than one way to skin a cat wink

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
For what it's worth: My Dad (retired FBI agent) his choice of home defense guns is a shotgun. I think because you can shoot it and not aim well and hit anybody in front of you.

He told me a story one time. About how FBI agents and bad guys would get in firefights. And the adrenaline would be so high that both sides would empty their guns and not hit anybody.

This is why you need a shotgun.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I bought my new gun today. And Ammo. It was a miracle as there is a massive run on guns and ammo right now.

I wound up just going to my range since they also are a gun store.
I went in there and their gun shelves were mostly empty.

I asked if they have any shotguns? Nope
Can they order shotguns? Nope
Do they have any 38s? Nope

So then I must have looked exasperated because then he says if I want a home defense gun he has a 357 magnum.

I say no, that has way too much kick.

He says it can shoot 38 caliber rounds.

I say give it to me. So thats what I bought. And ammo. They are only selling ammo to people who buy guns or use their range.

My Dad has this gun and I shot it before with wad cutter bullets, so I was already familiar with it.

I feel much safer now.

So one day people are talking about not panicking - being sensible etc. The CV is like the flu. yadayadayada - the next we are out of toilet paper and sanitizer and folks are hoarding. Now folks are out stripping the shelves of gun stores like this is the Walking Dead.

Really can't make this stuff up. Do whatever you all need to do. Personally I think in the best of times feeling like you HAVE to own a gun for protection means you are living in fear - the public on mass going out panic buying at a time like this is most assuredly a fearful reaction. smh.

For all you know, the last ones standing could be the gun owners.

Its better to be safe than sorry.

I am a single white female living in a black neighborhood and driving a Jaguar. If any looting happens, they are coming to my house first.

You should move elsewhere. That’s what you told the people who can’t afford to live in their own cities like NYC, Boston, San Fran....remember? Your guns will likely be turned on you in this dreamed up zombie war of yours anyways. Pffft the trump era. Go buy some TP.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/03/17/white-house-location-data-coronavirus/

U.S. government, tech industry discussing ways to use smartphone location data to combat coronavirus

The U.S. government is in active talks with Facebook, Google and a wide array of tech companies and health experts about how they can use location data gleaned from Americans’ phones to combat the novel coronavirus, including tracking whether people are keeping one another at safe distances to stem the outbreak.

Location data isn't really anonymous though, it really can't be. Getting this kinda data right now requires a Warrant from a judge, are we just going to go around our legal protection process because people are freaking out over this?

surreal

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I bought my new gun today. And Ammo. It was a miracle as there is a massive run on guns and ammo right now.

I wound up just going to my range since they also are a gun store.
I went in there and their gun shelves were mostly empty.

I asked if they have any shotguns? Nope
Can they order shotguns? Nope
Do they have any 38s? Nope

So then I must have looked exasperated because then he says if I want a home defense gun he has a 357 magnum.

I say no, that has way too much kick.

He says it can shoot 38 caliber rounds.

I say give it to me. So thats what I bought. And ammo. They are only selling ammo to people who buy guns or use their range.

My Dad has this gun and I shot it before with wad cutter bullets, so I was already familiar with it.

I feel much safer now.

So one day people are talking about not panicking - being sensible etc. The CV is like the flu. yadayadayada - the next we are out of toilet paper and sanitizer and folks are hoarding. Now folks are out stripping the shelves of gun stores like this is the Walking Dead.

Really can't make this stuff up. Do whatever you all need to do. Personally I think in the best of times feeling like you HAVE to own a gun for protection means you are living in fear - the public on mass going out panic buying at a time like this is most assuredly a fearful reaction. smh.

For all you know, the last ones standing could be the gun owners.

Its better to be safe than sorry.

I am a single white female living in a black neighborhood and driving a Jaguar. If any looting happens, they are coming to my house first.

You should move elsewhere. That’s what you told the people who can’t afford to live in their own cities like NYC, Boston, San Fran....remember? Your guns will likely be turned on you in this dreamed up zombie war of yours anyways. Pffft the trump era. Go buy some TP.

Smart move. It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 03/18/20 08:33 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O

Wow. I'll just say that I know you are not the person that this makes you sound like and leave it at that. But I do want to point out a couple of facts to help give you some peace of mind.

Jags are sweet cars and I love the way they look... but it ain't no Bentley or Rolls. A Jag is basically a nice body on a ford taurus chassis. All dressed up but the similar under the hood.

And most black people that I know would avoid targeting a white woman just because of the price they would pay in an American court. Everybody knows a black on black crime would be treated much differently.

Lastly, if you really feel that way, why the hell do you live in a black neighborhood? I can't imagine feeling like I'd be target #1 and still being comfortable living there. smfh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/20 08:39 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I love my 357 mags.

Thought everyone else would like to know that MAGA hats outsold Paper Towels last week. thumbsup
So they can use them in place of TP?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/03/17/white-house-location-data-coronavirus/

U.S. government, tech industry discussing ways to use smartphone location data to combat coronavirus

The U.S. government is in active talks with Facebook, Google and a wide array of tech companies and health experts about how they can use location data gleaned from Americans’ phones to combat the novel coronavirus, including tracking whether people are keeping one another at safe distances to stem the outbreak.

Location data isn't really anonymous though, it really can't be. Getting this kinda data right now requires a Warrant from a judge, are we just going to go around our legal protection process because people are freaking out over this?

surreal

Add that most phones do not have accurate enough GPS to identify the 6ft social distancing recommendation.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did anyone notice during his press conference that moron called it the Chinese virus? He is a disgusting fool.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Every time he speaks, the markets tank further.

And yea, we’re apparently calling it the Chinese virus now. I was skeptical about people being upset when they called it the wuhan virus, but it’s now clear there’s an agenda behind it.

I hate to say this, but don’t be surprised if this is a precursor to ramping up the trade war with China.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Wow. I'll just say that I know you are not the person that this makes you sound like and leave it at that. But I do want to point out a couple of facts to help give you some peace of mind.

Jags are sweet cars and I love the way they look... but it ain't no Bentley or Rolls. A Jag is basically a nice body on a ford taurus chassis. All dressed up but the similar under the hood.

And most black people that I know would avoid targeting a white woman just because of the price they would pay in an American court. Everybody knows a black on black crime would be treated much differently.

Lastly, if you really feel that way, why the hell do you live in a black neighborhood? I can't imagine feeling like I'd be target #1 and still being comfortable living there. smfh

In general I like black people very much and all races of people.

So I never had a problem living here and I like my neighbors very much.

The real threat with this virus is not the virus, its the people. Because desperate people are waaaaaaay more dangerous. And shutting down the country is gonna make a lot of desperate people if this goes on for very long.

I am a victim of home invasion and physical assault by a black man, so I keep it real. I am not naive about what happens in society.

People riot and loot about stupid things. You think they aren't gonna riot about this? Why do you think the government is trying so damn hard to prevent a panic.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sorry that you wet through that. Still not getting why you would be looted first.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry that you wet through that. Still not getting why you would be looted first.

I am the weakest target.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
The big 3 automakers, Ford, GM and Fiat/Chrysler will be closing their doors today and stop making vehicles.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Did anyone notice during his press conference that moron called it the Chinese virus? He is a disgusting fool.

https://news.yahoo.com/where-did-chinas-coronavirus-come-from-131416813.html

O
Legend
Legend
O
Your PC/gaming downtime can help science fight COVID-19.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

So let me get this straight. We have someone who rarely posts in the political form, which was designed expressly for talking about politics, to tell us we should ignore what the president, a politician, said which set us backwards in properly giving the warnings he should have been giving the American people weeks ago.

Well alrighty then....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
We should all embrace the wonderful socialism displayed by the Trump administration today! Government check for everybody, free medical for everybody, guaranteed rent/continued housing for everybody, government control of factory production and oversight of private industry for the good of all... Guess we have a socialist country under Trump! And centrist dems will not complain because MSM and their corporate donors want this too.

If he keeps this up, I might have to vote for Trump!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/20 01:40 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P

After listening to you lately that wouldn't surprise me.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
We should all embrace the wonderful socialism displayed by the Trump administration today! Government check for everybody, free medical for everybody, guaranteed rent/continued housing for everybody, government control of factory production and oversight of private industry for the good of all... Guess we have a socialist country under Trump! And centrist dems will not complain because MSM and their corporate donors want this too.

I predicted this last week in the other thread, did I not?

Y'all better start listening to me, I know whats up.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Jc

Nobody look at the markets.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Buying opportunity!

P
Legend
Legend
P
A promise of a trillion dollars don't buy what it used to.

This is all happening because our economy is centered around consumer spending. Under such conditions, consumers aren't going to be spending.

None of that is Trump's fault. Thinking there is some magic bullet that will change that?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
wow bro, it might drop below 18k today. How many triggers went off today so far? I knew it would take a hit when Trump spoke about bailing out working people, the markets hate that.

E
Legend
Legend
E

A Jag is basically a nice body on a ford taurus chassis. All dressed up but the similar under the hood.

And this ignorant. You obviously know nothing about Jaguars.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Buying opportunity!

Please don't trick anyone into investing now 40. Have you not been listening to how bad they think this will get? The markets are going much lower before this is over. I won't be surprised to see runs on banks soon.

O
Legend
Legend
O

A Jag is basically a nice body on a ford taurus chassis. All dressed up but the similar under the hood.

I stand corrected. I heard that years ago and yes the there was one.

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14490

But apparently that was an isolated single model. So you are right.

Look at this old article. that was about the time I heard that because I was looking at one hard.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20030602/SUB/306020844/how-ford-bought-fixed-jaguar

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/20 03:00 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E

I stand corrected. I heard that years ago and yes the there was one.

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14490

But apparently that was an isolated single model. So you are right.

And you missed my point about the Jaguar too. If you're gonna loot someone, you don't go to the poor person's house. You go to the house of the person with money.

You were in the military. Did they not teach you how to think tactically? Time to get smart. Omg.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
You are right, I was wrong. You are target #1. You should protect yourself AND move to a rich white neighborhood. Or just a rich neighborhood.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/20 03:04 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Thank you. Everyone needs to start thinking about how to protect themselves and their families.

No Craps Given
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Coronavirus Again

Link Copied to Clipboard