Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
One year deals are always good IMO ... it’s a good “show me” type thing. The player is highly motivated to play his best and stay on the field

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This front office seems to be setting us up to win now AND down the road.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Seems like a little more than a stop gap and more like a "prove it" deal. That injury is tough, though.

Tackles are tackles.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Love the signing. Really good player

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I gotta say I am very impressed with the moves Berry has made so far. Hooper, Conklin and Joseph, are all needs and really good players. Great job so far. Pleasantly surprised

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Browns2020
I gotta say I am very impressed with the moves Berry has made so far. Hooper, Conklin and Joseph, are all needs and really good players. Great job so far. Pleasantly surprised

Lots of holes to fill, unfortunately.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hate sounding like the wet blanket, because I am always a fan of bringing guys that can fill roles, and Joseph seems to be it. But the big ? for the safeties is at FS, and so far we haven't done a whole lot to address that. We still have that gaping hole on the back end.

So while it's cool and all to bring 'plus-level' guys in like Joseph, I'm still no less worried about our safety group.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
This is one way I feel that football defense is like baseball. You need to be strong down the middle. This helps us if he stays healthy. LB and DL as well need to perform. Welcome aboard, Karl! Win us some games! thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
As always, I'm interested to see the contract. Hopefully, it's not too much. But like cfrs said, one-year deals are not that big of an issue as the books are concerned.

Tackles are tackles.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Berry has filled 3 needs with really good players. Joseph's foot injury is a little bit of a concern, but when healthy he is really good. He crushes people

P
Legend
Legend
P
Berry has filled 3 needs with really good players. Joseph's foot injury is a little bit of a concern, but when healthy he is really good. He crushes people

Four counting the FB who we will now be using smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Four counting the FB who we will now be using smile

We signed six new players of which five I could say (imo) where solid choices.

[Linked Image]

All Pro
All Pro
As long as Gooson is your "meh" guy, I'd say we agree.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/C I really like this pick up. I thought he was a stud coming out of West Va and the comp to TJ Ward is really accurate. I think he may be a little bigger than TJ. I dont know why he didnt flourish in Oakland, maybe the scheme,coaching or role perhaps. He definitley was putting it together over the last season until the injury. We may have found a diamond in the rough!

E
Legend
Legend
E

No big time moves on D but it looks like Good tackling is coming here which I like. Kid stays healthy and he's a plus...so far we went up the middle in FA D signings.

MLB, DT, Safety...I like it wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Yeah I noticed he's not on our Roster...what happened??? What did I miss???

thanks in advance

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Tab, this video was from 2016. I imagine the reason he isn’t on the roster yet is because he hasn’t gotten his physical yet.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah, I think the Twitter post was regarding us potentially drafting him.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Tab, this video was from 2016. I imagine the reason he isn’t on the roster yet is because he hasn’t gotten his physical yet.

This is still true 8 days later and no mention of him by the Browns.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
As always, I'm interested to see the contract. Hopefully, it's not too much. But like cfrs said, one-year deals are not that big of an issue as the books are concerned.

"Cabot reported that the Vikings wanted "at least a third-round pick for Harris and probably a second." She also mentioned Harris was looking for an extended contract after being acquired by a new franchise. 

Cleveland opted to sign Karl Joseph and Andrew Sendejo to one-year deals in free agency to fill its need at safety. The former will earn $2.28 million in 2020, while the latter is in line for $2.25 million on his contract."

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Browns Make Karl Joseph Signing Official
by Fred Greetham
76 minutes ago
Karl Joseph (Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
Karl Joseph (R)

BEREA, Ohio -- There had been a little concern that the reported signing of safety Karl Joseph might have been in doubt as he was the only unrestricted free agent signing that had not officially been announced by the Browns.
In a conference call last Friday, The OBR asked general manager Andrew Berry if there was any problem with getting Joseph signed.

“The big thing there is the physical," Berry said. "It is a little bit challenging just from state to state obviously the focus of the hospital system is rightfully so on COVID-19 so it can be a little more challenging from state to state. That is really the only reason he has not been announced, but we do not anticipate any significant problems.”
However, that became official on Monday when the team announced Joseph's signing. Joseph is the the 13th addition to the roster since the start of the new league year.
Joseph started 41 games over four seasons with the Raiders after being the team's first-round pick (14th overall) in 2016. Joseph suffered a season-ending foot injury in 2019. He totaled 236 tackles over four seasons, including a career-best 79 in 2017, when he started all 15 games in which he appeared.

According to ESPN Stats, Joseph was the only safety in the NFL to have at least 75 tackles, an interception, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. After compiling 60 tackles and an interception in his first season, Joseph was named to the Pro Football Writers of America’s All-Rookie team.
Joseph is expected to start opposite another free agent signing, Andrew Sendejo or second-year safety Sheldrick Redwine. J.T. Hassell also returns to the roster. The Browns are expected to add to the position in the upcoming NFL Draft.
Joseph, 26, is reported to have signed a one-year contract, which the majority of the defensive free agents have signed to date.

Former #Raiders safety Karl Joseph is signing with the #Browns, source said. It’s a 1-year deal.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...impression=true

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I actually think (if healthy) he could be a guy like Peppers here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I'd love to get one of the top 2 (Delphit/Davis) playmaker FS in the draft - but I am also hoping we struck gold with both safeties we signed. Seems both have a chance to step in and play well.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl Joseph is a tone setter on Defense, and he has gotten better each year in coverage,
but his lack of length is a liability when being asked to cover a TE. That would not be playing him to his strengths.

This was a good FA signing imo.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I agree, as long as he stays healthy of course (you can say that about any signing tho)

V
Legend
Legend
V

Are you saying that as a positive or negative?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Are you saying that as a positive or negative?
I thought Peppers eventually found a good role as a box safety. He wasn’t worth his draft value, but was an average player for us by the end of his tenure here ... and that’s what we want from Joseph IMO

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, thanks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I'd love to get one of the top 2 (Delphit/Davis) playmaker FS in the draft - but I am also hoping we struck gold with both safeties we signed. Seems both have a chance to step in and play well.

I'm not sure I'd have Davis in my top 5 playmaking FS. He's more in the 4-6 range for me. I think people are sleeping on Winfield.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Not me - liked Winfield from the get-go in the 2nd.

Legend
Legend
Win us some games! Welcome aboard!

Hope this helps us out over the top. Freeing up more for draft moves early?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Winfield is almost plug and play - Chinn is someone who could see some time and play and then potentially start in 12 months. All 4 are a good fit if we want a coverage FS.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign S Karl Joseph

Link Copied to Clipboard