Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is an opinion piece.

I think a lot of folks dismissed the virus in its early stages. I think some folks even made light of the possible dangers. I think reality has set-in. I think that most folks now recognize that the virus is a huge concern.

Thus, I think it is time to move beyond the scary articles and concentrate on the following:

--What is actually being done to combat the virus?

--What new advances have we made in regards to treatments and vaccines?

--How can we best protect ourselves and others?

--Strategies on how to survive if things get really ugly.

I know a lot of those things are already being discussed. I just think that the world finally knows this blank is real and there isn't much of a need to scare people to their senses anymore.

I think the focus should be on how we can win this battle. I believe almost all of us know we're in a war. How can we win that war?

I'm hoping for a breakthrough, but it just seems like the things you mentioned rarely are the focal point of any conversation on tv, or even on social media.

What I am hoping for is in the next few weeks, we see this curve flatten. All that may mean is that we have to keep doing what we're doing, but at least it would be some positive news, and it could boost the morale of people knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I just want to be through the worst part of this, and have it in the rear view mirrior. This whole thing just feels like a nightmare, and I really hope when this whole thing is over, that maybe the world can be a little more united instead of constantly being so complicated

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
As always, you stated your opinions w/eloquence and rationality. You are one of our better posters.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is an opinion piece.

I think a lot of folks dismissed the virus in its early stages. I think some folks even made light of the possible dangers. I think reality has set-in. I think that most folks now recognize that the virus is a huge concern.

IMO, I think some of the early dismissal was due to the media making a big deal out of these things in the past. SARS, Swine flu, etc. Like the boy who cried wolf.

I've been working from home for 2 weeks and haven't been out much. I've been hearing a lot of reports of the number of people that are out doing their normal things. Still feels like a decent amount of people still don't care.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
One thing I would like to suggest to those of us who happen to attend church services regularly, even if our churches are closed, the bills still have to be paid ..... mortgage, utilities, insurance, and so on. Why not take a moment and make your offering by mail to the church, to help tide your house of worship over through this crisis?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
I watched the netfilx documentary “Pandemic” ... informative and forward thinking (it was coincidentally created before all of this began)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
NYC had a horrible jump in cases and deaths last night and are now averaging about 10 deaths per hour in NYC alone from Covid

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
On a side note, got a call from my stepmom last night. My dad is 83 and has been in a home for 6 years with dementia. He had a fever of just under 102 last night.
They hurried to give him Tylenol, were going to swab him today, give him x-rays and move him to a private room. Fever spiked overnight, gave him more Tylenol at 3 am and his fever is down now.
I knew when i got the call at 9:30 at night it was a oh crap moment

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Praying for the best outcome.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sorry to hear that lima, hope he recovers fast and it's no CV.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope things all turn out okay. With any luck it will be something other than this virus and will pass quickly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I was thinking of this as I prepare to go to the hospital ...... (blood work, so nobody worry, or cheer) but we should try to keep in touch with our friends and family more often than we may have been doing. Isolation is harder on some than on others. I was outside yesterday, and a lady walked by, and I said hello from across the street, and she said that being cooped up inside is really driving her nuts. Let's make sure than no one we love, or just care about, becomes a different kind of COVID-19 statistic. I think that would affect older people more than younger people, who are more used to texting, and such.

Let's watch over one another.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
We will stay fine if we stay positive. smile

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
The US will almost certainly surpass both Italy and China today for most confirmed cases.

We're over 1,000 deaths with NYC alone having more than Germany.

The world has crossed the 500,000 cases mark.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
The US will almost certainly surpass both Italy and China today for most confirmed cases.

It took 2.5 days to go from 400-500. It will probably be 1.5 days to get to 600, then........

We may catch Italy in cases by the end of today. Tomorrow at the latest. China the day after...

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

I've heard for awhile this definitely might help:

'New York hospitals treating coronavirus patients with vitamin C'

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/new-york-hospitals-treating-coronavirus-patients-with-vitamin-c/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would suspect that there is a strong correlation between smoking and the death rate.

It is probably less a male/female thing, and more a smoking thing.

It is a respiratory disease and you get pneumonia. A lifetime of smoking is not going to increase your chances.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I have no scientific or medical expertise on this, but what you said certainly seems reasonable.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Wow! That's amazing!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule

It took 2.5 days to go from 400-500. It will probably be 1.5 days to get to 600, then........

We may catch Italy in cases by the end of today. Tomorrow at the latest. China the day after...

I fully expect that we pass both Today.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is the best site I have found yet. It does a great job normalizing the data by country and state.

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualiz...08o1bMLIv8G4V0c

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Nurse dies in New York hospital where workers are reduced to using trash bags as protective medical gear

https://www.businessinsider.com/kious-kelly-hospital-nurse-dies-trash-bags-2020-3

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
My granddaughter went to the ER last night for Gall Bladder pain, but they would not let her in until she went through the COVID - 19 Tent? Why expose a healthy 19 year old (Besides her Gall Bladder) to people they think could be infected with the Coronavirus? She was afraid to go through the tent so she came home in pain, her Dr. told her today it was her Gall Bladder superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Prayers to her and you all

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Thanks all for the well wishes.
Still don’t know anything else and we can’t go see him

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
New Jersey had a 50 percent jump (2474) cases in one day

M
Legend
Legend
M
Oh boy.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is a war': NYC doctors describe fight against coronavirus as cases surge

'This is a war': NYC doctors describe fight against coronavirus as cases surge
“Our hospital has never, ever, ever seen anything like this,” one doctor said.
Image: Patients wearing masks wait to be tested for coronavirus at Elmhurst Hospital in Queens on March 25, 2020.

Overfilled waiting rooms packed with people who are contagious. Patients waiting six hours to be seen. Others on stretchers waiting 50 to 60 hours for a bed. Doctors desperately trying to get more ventilators. That is what it’s like to be on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic at a public hospital in New York City, Dr. Rikki Lane, an emergency room doctor at the Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, said.

“Our hospital has never, ever, ever seen anything like this,” said Lane, who has worked for more than 20 years at Elmhurst, a public hospital with 545 beds.

Lane said the emergency department has been “overwhelmed” for about three weeks and the hospital is in desperate need of help as the coronavirus spreads across the city, which has become a fast-growing epicenter of the virus with more than 21,000 known cases and 281 deaths as of Thursday.

The hospital has spent weeks now expanding the areas within the facility that it has been using to house the coronavirus patients, but the ever rising rush of patients has been “inconceivable,” she said.

“Whatever space we create is immediately filled and overfilled,” she said.

New York City at the center of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
Doctors at New York City hospitals working in the fight against the coronavirus described a desperate battle to care for patients as cases continue to surge, with the peak of the disease still weeks away.

The hospital needs critical help with “everything along the supply chain,” including supplies, staff, ventilators and bed space, Lane said.

“The need grows exponentially every single day,” she said.

In the worst day that Elmhurst has seen so far, the virus claimed 13 lives in one day, which Lane said was "unprecedented."

"All of this is unheard of," she said.

The doctor said she has feared New York City could become as overwhelmed as Italy, where the virus quickly spread to more than 75,000 known cases and more people have died than in China.

“I know actual true horrors are coming,” she said.

“It’s just like a tidal wave,” another Elmhurst Hospital doctor, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told THE CITY, an independent, nonprofit news organization. “The only beds we’ve been able to free up are people who have died.”

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has said New York may need up to 140,000 hospital beds as the virus reaches its peak and has urged the federal government to send supplies, including tens of thousands of ventilators, to the state.

This week, hundreds of thousands of supplies were distributed across the state for immediate needs, including a million masks to New York City, but that will only last so long, Cuomo said.

The federal government was sending 2,000 ventilators to New York City, but the city is asking for 15,000, Mayor Bill de Blasio has said.

In Brooklyn, a doctor who works at a large hospital system said there had been critical shortages of swabs and masks.

The doctor, who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation, said hospital workers themselves are at high risk and she was scared of getting sick and infecting her family.

"I am scared to hug my own children," she said.

What is a ventilator? The 'critical resource' that is in short supply
"We need space and beds. This is a war. I'm going into war and trying not to get killed," she said. "We are trying to go to work and not to die."

The city is also adding a new makeshift morgue ahead of the virus’ surge.

“I know the morgues push a really strong emotional button, obviously. We’re all humans,” de Blasio said. “It’s a very troubling thing to see, and it makes it very immediate, very visceral. It’s going to be very, very painful.”

Anthony Almojera, the vice president of the New York City Fire Department's EMS officers union, said EMS services had been receiving record calls.

"Last night we saw over 6,500 calls, the night before 6,400," he said. "The last week and a half we’ve been at 5,000 or more every day. That's more than 9/11. In the last two days, we’ve set records."

On Wednesday, Elmhurst hospital received about two dozen doctors and nurses from other hospitals, and a number of ventilators that help critically ill patients with their breathing, City Councilmember Francisco Moya (D-Queens), told THE CITY.

“It’s very accurate to say it’s overrun. I’ve spoken to workers at the hospital and you can hear it in their voice — it’s a sign of desperation that they need help,” said Moya, who was born at the hospital, used to work there as business development director and now represents the district it’s in.

Christopher Miller, a NYC Health + Hospitals, spokesperson told THE CITY: “Elmhurst is at the center of this crisis, and it’s the number one priority of our public hospital system right now.”

NYC Health + Hospitals, the city’s public hospital system, said in a statement to NBC News it was “working day and night to ensure that all our patients receive the care they need.”

There were more than 1,000 ventilators across the system and NYC Health + Hospitals was receiving an additional 400 from the city’s office of Emergency Management, it said.

The hospital system said it had "adequate supplies at the moment but are fully cognizant of the nationwide scarcity of resources" and "reports of lack of personal protective equipment and ventilators in our system are false."

“The public health system is working with all local, state and federal agencies to ensure that resources are strategically allocated throughout to accommodate the surge caused by COVID-19,” the hospital system said. “We are committed to our mission to care for all New Yorkers regardless of immigration status and ability to pay, and are focused on keeping all our patients and staff safe.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/war...-surge-n1169521

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh boy.

So, most of us(50.001% +) will recover!!! nanner

So we got that goin for us. notallthere

Btw, a shout-out to all the nurses on these boards. The backbone of our medical society. THANK YOU! I know what yins go thru. My wife is an RN. Lately she's been a 5a to 9-10p RN.

Same with our RN daughter.

Last edited by TTTDawg; 03/26/20 03:44 PM.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y

Latest update has us just barely behind both... We'll pass them for sure today.

Last edited by YepTheBrownsRule; 03/26/20 03:56 PM.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
Oh boy.

So, most of us(50.001% +) will recover!!! nanner

So we got that goin for us. notallthere

Btw, a shout-out to all the nurses on these boards. The backbone of our medical society. THANK YOU! I know what yins go thru. My wife is an RN. Lately she's been a 5a to 9-10p RN.

Same with our RN daughter.

I read that headhunters are looking for ICU nurses somewhere in the northeast.
Posted pay was like 7400 to 8100 a week

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Latest update has us just barely behind both... We'll pass them for sure today.

We still have 13 states to go and have about twice the cases any other country today.
We will take the lead tonight.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Makes sense. Dr. Acton said today that we were one of the last states to receive test kits.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Contagion : COVID-19 Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard