Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just my opinion, but I don't think Baker liked either Hue or Haley. I think Baker liked Freddie and Lindley. I don't think this was about Dorsey so much, but rather Dorsey trying to give Baker what he wanted.

Legend
Legend
While I tend to agree... I find it humerous that currently kitchens is a position coach for the Giants... Haley is an assistant for a high school team....

Kitchens had no business being head coach

He might be a good offensive coordinator.l. But he was terrible as a head coach

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1749007 04/03/20 11:01 PM
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Haley spent many years In the NFL. Maybe he was just tired of it all.
Going to back to high school much easier to deal
With

V
Legend
Legend
V
Just my opinion, but I think Haley is a jerk. My wife is from the Pittsburgh area and people would talk about him getting in bar fights because of his big mouth. He came across as very unlikeable in Hard Knocks. He also seemed to be plotting to win the HC job.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Maybe Todd Haley and Hue weren't going to pacify Baker every 8 minutes
Instead of being in awe of Baker's celebrity
Status like Freddie was... Haley and Hue
Came off as the "meanie" coaches and not.fan boi's

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I don't think him and Ben saw eye to eye , but Haley did get that offense to be the best in the NFL.

V
Legend
Legend
V
There is probably some truth in that and it's probably why Baker wanted them both gone in my opinion.

I keep thinking back to the reports, the Hard Knocks episodes, and Bakers comments after the firings........and I truly think [this is an opinion] that Baker resented having to earn the starting job.

I think it made him angry that Hue talked to him about Tyrod arriving at 5:30 and asked what time he was arriving. I think the thing w/Hue naming Baker as number two over Stanton in his office w/all 3 present was telling because it was pretty apparent Baker was thinking I should be number 1.

I think some of Baker's comments about Duke this past year were fueled by Duke saying that Taylor should be the qb all year in 2018.

I remember watching the post-game celebration on Youtube after the Browns beat the Rats early on in 2018. Hue had the team going.......dudes were going crazy. And then, there was this one little person moving around in a white hat and saying things that drew attention from others. Watch it for yourselves.

I think the dude is a piece of crap. I hope he has matured and learned. I hope he took Marcus Spears advice about "evolving," but I kinda doubt it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Browns fans deserve that.

Well, according to Baker's wife [gee, wonder who she heard this from?] Brown's fans are "idiots" and "front-runners."

Baker's wife said that one time last year when the fans were booing and she was emotional and she quickly walked it back.. time to let it go.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A

I think the dude is a piece of crap.

Suffice it to say you have made that abundantly clear.

DCDAWGFAN #1749016 04/03/20 11:24 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Actually, they were two different instances.

I am not going to let it go. People are hanging on to OBJ's shoes...........LMAO.....what she said was far worse than shoe color. And I truly believe she heard that crap from Baker.

#cantwaittillheisgone

V
Legend
Legend
V
Suffice to say others have said the opposite. However, I won't knock them.

I think the thread should be about Baker instead of focusing on posters. After all, this is supposedly the Pure Football Forum and the powers that be have not decided to not go w/my suggestion of creating a Personality Place Forum.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 04/03/20 11:27 PM. Reason: not
CalDawg #1749021 04/04/20 12:10 AM
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I think the thread should be about Baker

This fool needs to learn how to read a field or he might as well start packing his bags.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I am not going to let it go. People are hanging on to OBJ's shoes...........LMAO.....what she said was far worse than shoe color. And I truly believe she heard that crap from Baker.

#cantwaittillheisgone

Well let's see. First she said this:

And then, after everyone unloaded on her as if she crapped on all Browns fans (reading comprehension is a B), she clarified with this:

You really want that to mean that Baker put her up to calling Browns fans idiots?

She seems like she wears big girl pants, she could probably figure that out all on her own lol. Hell, anyone that watches this forum sees the same manic comments every Monday depending on the W or L.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
CalDawg #1749025 04/04/20 01:25 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker has shown nothing but resiliency, when his back is against the wall.

He lost his walk on mentality last year, gotta get that back.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
CalDawg #1749030 04/04/20 05:18 AM
Legend
Legend
Haters Gonna H8.

Nothing like the offseasons to turn any molehill into Mt. Everest.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

CalDawg #1749032 04/04/20 05:41 AM
Legend
Legend
Jc

This is obvious, but I think this year is the defining year of Baker’s career. He had to be humbled to the point of putting in the RIGHT work and being coached. If he has another subpar year, we’re going to be forced to think about his future.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
FATE #1749052 04/04/20 08:54 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE

#cantwaittillheisgone

Well let's see. First she said this:

And then, after everyone unloaded on her as if she crapped on all Browns fans (reading comprehension is a B), she clarified with this:

You really want that to mean that Baker put her up to calling Browns fans idiots?

She seems like she wears big girl pants, she could probably figure that out all on her own lol. Hell, anyone that watches this forum sees the same manic comments every Monday depending on the W or L.

Nothing like a couple of facts and quotes to expose one man's personal agenda - still butt hurt over the flag planting. Anyone paying attention can see that ... even the ones that feel the need to rush to his defense. On a good day it's a 50/50 split between solid football takes and thinly veiled posts aimed at making everything about Mayfield.

Suggesting that OBJ's shoes and watch didn't create the same amount or more national media attention as the comments over Duke is rewriting history. Claiming that National furor over the watch and the shoes and what was going to happen next wasn't as much or a bigger distraction than the Duke comments is false. . . . Claiming that players don't care about OBJ creating media noise about his antics might be true .. idk. . . what we do know is that players came out and said the Duke comments were NOT a distraction. Huh - go figure, ignore what's on record by the players in an effort to further an agenda. smh.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/04/20 08:55 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
FATE #1749056 04/04/20 09:14 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
So now your considered a fair weather fan if u call bake out for his part in last years sheet show ... but if u didn’t say a word about bake last year that makes u a loyal fan ... makes perfect sense, got it ... rolleyes ...

Bake was the 2nd star in last years sheet show right behind the #1 star my boy ...

Why is that so hard for ANYONE to accept ....

Ballpeen #1749063 04/04/20 09:28 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: eotab
Dude is living a charmed life. Wonder how long that spell will last?

Oh stop already...oh as you say, another good football post rolleyes

It may not have been a great football post, but there is some validity.

This is a big year for Baker. He had a real good year as a rookie. I won't say a bad year, but it wasn't good last year. This is where we kind of find out where it is going.

I chalk up last year to idiot offensive coaches who never got along and had it all screwed up from the beginning. It was like a coach by committee. That doesn't work.

I am a fan of Baker, just as I was of Tim Couch when we drafted him. I think you recall I wasn't a big fan of Timid after a few seasons.

Cause of several reasons here is an opinion rating the QBs not from last year stats.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...at-current-cost

Also Ski has stated: "He's as accurate as they come"

That is all that is being forgotten so one poster on this board is crusading an agenda that our QB sucks and his Agenda is being fulfilled as he has posters like yourself Peen questioning the validity that Baker is not a Franchise QB for us.

Here is the plain old fact: Baker is as accurate as QBs come. That is the NUMBER ONE Talent of a Franchise QB. Yes he was mechanically off - I say a simple fix as his inaccuracy was consistent in one area. He was throwing the ball a bit too high. I thought many of the ones to OBJ could have been caught but his injury left him without the vertical leap he normally would have. His throws to Landry were high but he caught them as most were catchable.

That can be fixed and might have been fixed already if we were on a normal practice schedule. Baker has been working out, don't know the situation now as things seem to be changing weekly with this Virus thing.

In a nut shell we have one of the most Accurate passers out there. I think in a normal course of action he would become the BEST QB in our Division..cause the fact is Lamar is one of the most INACCURATE Passers in the NFL and the positives with his legs will not hold up in the NFL although the kid has worked hard to get bigger to take the hits. He is a hard worker just things will go south fast. I think Cunningham was a much much better QB than Lamar but that was in the past things caught up with him just like they will with Lamar.

Us, we will get a LT in this draft...one much better than Robinson we upgraded RT tremendously. Will we get a RG also in this draft. Adding a solid TE who can block but has been utilized more for his route running and hands. The kid Hooper is a natural for a RPO scheme which we will run, not exclusively but definitely run. We have an offense who will showcase a running game and work off of playaction that will give Baker the time and COMFORT to be his ACCURATE SELF.

I don't buy the crapola Vers is selling. Not cause I hate him or something but simply he throws out some Words that are football but it doesn't make it true. I've heard some outright lies about him being Drunk and people repeating about him being FAT and Lazy...those are LIES.

Did he fall a bit behind in his training due to his off season marriage and the Honeymoon that followed. Yes, but I saw no drop off in his speed. He is not the fastest guy around but without a doubt he had the strongest arm last season. I think maybe he spent too much time with weights. But I'm guessing here as I don't know.

I cannot believe we have a definite sub par season on O but a lot a big part of that was our coaching debacle. But one poster and his agenda crusade has some of you actually thinking that we don't have our Franchise QB...one season his sophmore season and all of a sudden he is not a franchise QB...unbelievable!!

The kid is the real deal. He is one of the most Accurate QBs in the NFL...point blank. I'm hoping under Ski we will have an Offense that actually has a Character of who we are and what we do. That doesn't mean we will have a predictable offense. Actually I think with our Run and Pass possibilities with a new OL will make our O anything but predictable.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Agreed, Purp.

And it never seems to be the reverse in Berea. Some fans are still flogging dead horses that went to heaven years earlier. Put away some 'H8' and concentrate on new challenges instead; there will obviously be years after this season to belittle problems and failures, and also to berate failures with second-guessing. Years.

Fans can make molehills outta mountains.
Go, Browns! brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DiamDawg #1749066 04/04/20 09:31 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

No one disagrees with that. I think people find it interesting that your boy would rather the Browns lose because of his personal dislike for a player than win with that player. We are supposed to be Browns fans right? I guarantee you if you personally knew every player on the team you wouldn't like more than half. Then to lie about the distraction that OBJ was and the impacts of that because he actually personally likes that player versus the player he doesn't like? At least Baker knew the plays right? Not knowing where to line up wasn't a distraction though? I mean this guy started a Baker, the Person thread. Come on.

DiamDawg #1749067 04/04/20 09:33 AM
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1749069 04/04/20 09:34 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
That would be an awesome sig for someone on here.

DiamDawg #1749070 04/04/20 09:36 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
So now your considered a fair weather fan if u call bake out for his part in last years sheet show ... but if u didn’t say a word about bake last year that makes u a loyal fan ... makes perfect sense, got it ... rolleyes ...

Bake was the 2nd star in last years sheet show right behind the #1 star my boy ...

You are changing the argument. The accusation was that Baker's girlfriend called Brown's fans idiots and front runners. . . Fate was showing that these accusations were not accurate.

As for you asking why is it so hard for people to accept ? I think you're doing the same thing as other posters and creating an argument against something no-one said. Baker was bad last year. All by himself. He needs to improve greatly. But there were other issues that added to Baker's struggles. Those have been discussed as issues to fix - not as excuses to imply Baker is blameless.

CalDawg #1749073 04/04/20 09:42 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

So Dave............see what I mean about this forum and attacking the poster instead of the post? You have guys accusing others--or at least one other--of lying and then misquoting him to prove it.

eotab #1749074 04/04/20 09:43 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Eo - I think we need to wait and see when we talk about accuracy and ability. 2019 Lamar was deadly with his legs AND he was accurate. His competition was 66% and 9th in the NFL ... Baker was 59% and 31st in the NFL. So not fair to say Baker is more accurate ... 2018 numbers Baker was more accurate (and the eye test showed how he made some exceptional NFL throws that not many could make) .... so the story is not complete yet. Lamar has really made me do a 180 on my opinion of him. I wouldn't downplay any aspect of his game, and Baker has to return to 2018 form to deserve any praise. just how I see it.

M
Legend
Legend
M

#cantwaittillheisgone

Talking of what posters actually post ... I missed this one. I did see you call him a piece of crap though. That was another nice football take.

mgh888 #1749078 04/04/20 09:54 AM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
"The accusation was that Baker's girlfriend called Brown's fans idiots and front runners. . . Fate was showing that these accusations were not accurate."

I read that several times and it seems to me that is exactly what she said.
All it means to me is that she's going to have grow tougher skin.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
mgh888 #1749079 04/04/20 09:58 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Play action gave Lamar a lot of time and left the MIDDLE open for his WRs especially the kid from Baker's past Andrews but Lamar can be accurate up the middle without much pressure. But he is not that accurate on the outside.

They created something pretty new and it worked. Lamar also worked very hard and MADE HIMSELF BETTER, without a doubt the kid gets credit. I just don't see his "GREATNESS" lasting. Put pressure Hit him often especially when he runs. And protect the inside and force Lamar to throw outside.

I know his stats are good but all one has to do is look at him in game time and see how he was utilized and they executed their system very well. But when a good defense can game plan against him - he is not that effective. When the run game is taken away and they fall behind they will lose.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BCbrownie #1749081 04/04/20 10:01 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
She did say exactly what I said she did. Btw--I also never once called Baker "a drunk." I think I said he "drank too much" last off-season while compiling a list of other things that were factual, such as the not working w/a qb guru.

But, once again...........we are not talking about the Browns or Baker in the "Pure Football Forum." We're talking about poster's personalities. That is why I am in favor of a new forum. Those guys could play their silly little games ad nauseum over there and others who don't like reading that crap wouldn't have to go to that forum. Kinda like how the Political Forum was made to take the crap out of the EE forum.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

But Dorsey and GW would have been locking horns

I'm pretty sure Dorsey realized this, which is probably one of the reasons Williams did not get offered the job permanently. I think Dorsey considered that in the hiring decision, plus the connection Baker seemed to have with Freddie, while Williams was acting HC. Dorsey just did not think a coach with Freddie's experience would disintegrate the way he did after becoming Head Coach.

Oh well .. live and learn

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
M
Legend
Legend
M
Btw--I also never once called Baker "a drunk." I think I said he "drank too much" last off-season while compiling a list of other things that were factual, such as the not working w/a qb guru.

On what basis is the statement that he drank too much factual?

CalDawg #1749088 04/04/20 10:36 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
That is why I am in favor of a new forum. Those guys could play their silly little games ad nauseum over there and others who don't like reading that crap wouldn't have to go to that forum.

As my dad always said, "start no <crap> and there'll be none".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
mgh888 #1749092 04/04/20 10:56 AM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He shotgunned a beer at an Indians game - c'mon. LOL.

CalDawg #1749096 04/04/20 11:09 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Baker certainly was not nearly as accurate as he was in his rookie year. He regressed.

For anyone trying to point to Stefanski's comments as being an accurate description of Baker's play, that's just silly. HC's support their QB's. That's just what they're supposed to do. You don't undermine your starting QB.

We have two years of film on Baker. For those who have actually watched all of our games and can't honestly admit that Baker took a step back last year, they aren't being honest with themselves.

Were there factors outside of his play that led to our horrific season last year? Most certainly. But Baker certainly owns his part of it.

That's why, as per usual, Baker will be defined by what he does this season. Every rookie shouldn't be totally evaluated until after their third season.

We have seen the good Baker and the bad Baker. That's why I believe we have seen where his ceiling could go and what his floor might be.

This year will define him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1749097 04/04/20 11:10 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

No one disagrees with that. I think people find it interesting that your boy would rather the Browns lose because of his personal dislike for a player than win with that player.

Thats not true ... its a lie .. but it fits in with the agendas around here and is the “popular’ thing to do ... Vers has made his feelings about Bake well known ... and here they are: and I’m not speaking for Vers ... he’s stated all these things multiple times .... plus he’ll let me know if i put words in his mouth ... *L* ...

- he thinks Bake behaves like a jerk at times and causes problems with the things he says
- he doesn’t like the fact Bake calls QB gurus that have helped some of the greatest QB’s in the game “broom sweepers” ... like there beneath him ...

- He doesn’t understand why OBJ gets crapped on for meaningless bs like shoes but bake can say whatever he wants and its fine .... the best part of this one ... no one whines about what Bake says but over the last week or so there’s been multiple posts about he may be maturing because he’s not responding to every criticism of him ...

- he thinks bake has a great arm and has a chance to be very good IF he can read D’s and get his accuracy issues under control ...

tabber if Kev said Bake’s as accurate as they come then we could be in trouble ... Bake was inconsistently accurate last year .... he STUNK last year bro ... make all the excuses about him u want ... even his rookie year he had a problem with high throws ... i respect your football opinion as much as anyone else’s on the board ... IF u think Bake was accurate last year that is just your baker colored glasses speaking ... sorry bro ... its true ...

- i am 100% sure Vers hopes Bake leads us to a SB victory .... and he’d be more than happy to eat that crow ....

Quote:
We are supposed to be Browns fans right?

Who that comes here isn’t ... Vers loves the browns as much as any of us .. going where u just went is just ignorant ... u know Vers is a browns fan ... in his way ... questioning the loyalty to the browns of anyone that comes here and leaves there heart on the board like most of us do is a joke on a good day ... yet, u went there ... thumbsdown

Quote:
I guarantee you if you personally knew every player on the team you wouldn't like more than half.

Not sure what the point is here .... for starters not every player on the team is the face of the franchise ... but again ... not sure what your point is ... don’t bother clarifying to me ... i won’t be posting on this thread again ... cause right now I’m doing just what i hate about this entire BS situation ...

Quote:
Then to lie about the distraction that OBJ was and the impacts of that because he actually personally likes that player versus the player he doesn't like?

Ya, that’s why he does it ... rolleyes ... its not like Vers has a history of sticking up for the person getting crapped on .... heck ... for as long as i can remember he’s been poo pooing a hire while the rest of the board says how much they love it .... only to end up sticking up for the hire when the board turns on them ...

sides have been drawn ... its been ugly between Vers and his posse since the Sashi/Hue crap ... both sides have dug in and most of the posts are 100% agenda based posts that aren’t a reflection of there true views ... like the fact u think Vers would rather see the browns lose cause of his disdain for bake ... that’s BS and u damm well know it yet u went there anyways ... see what i mean .. thumbsup

Quote:
At least Baker knew the plays right? Not knowing where to line up wasn't a distraction though? I mean this guy started a Baker, the Person thread. Come on.

Not knowing where to line up was a problem ... no excuse for that ... none ... it was more than a distraction it was negligence ... not knowing your job ...

I’ve said it multiple times as has Vers ... we’ll find out who Bake is this year ....

I know this will make me a non browns fan in your eyes and a fair weather fan in Bake’s wife eyes (at least she’s got an excuse for her BS .. it is her husband ... *L* ) but we’ll find out if Bake is a one read QB and can process what’s happening on the field fast enough to get the ball to the proper place ... we’ll find out if indeed he is accurate enough ....

Its really simple ... is bake the guy we saw his rookie year or is bake the guy we saw last year .... and I’m sure every last one of us want the same answer there ...

I’m out ... stay safe Rish .... thumbsup

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
She did say exactly what I said she did. Btw--I also never once called Baker "a drunk." I think I said he "drank too much" last off-season while compiling a list of other things that were factual, such as the not working w/a qb guru.

But, once again...........we are not talking about the Browns or Baker in the "Pure Football Forum." We're talking about poster's personalities. That is why I am in favor of a new forum. Those guys could play their silly little games ad nauseum over there and others who don't like reading that crap wouldn't have to go to that forum. Kinda like how the Political Forum was made to take the crap out of the EE forum.

That forum hasn't been created because you'd be the only poster who should be in there.

CalDawg #1749120 04/04/20 12:20 PM
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think Baker is on a short leash this year
You don't pay all that $$$$$ for a backup
Just to have wear a ball cap and signal plays in
Keenum has experience in Stefanskis system
Stefanski didn't draft Mayfield. He won't have
Any issues pulling Mayfield if he fails to
Produce pts and wins.
He's not going to wait till mid season

DiamDawg #1749218 04/04/20 06:09 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks, but let it go. They will just turn around and pick on you and Pit. In fact, they already have. I stopped replying to them awhile ago. I got sucked in a couple of times because they called me a liar. I provided links and fired back. Now, the new thing is to call me a liar all the time. I guess I have to let that go, too. The refs won't take action. It is what it is.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The agenda is alive and strong in this one.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard