Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The Republican Party has taken a firm stance, against anthropogenic climate change for decades. I know you guys don’t believe humans, “significantly impact the environment”

I’m just trying to open your eyes.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/himalayas-visible-lockdown-india-scli-intl/index.html

(CNN) — People in the northern Indian state of Punjab are reacting with awe at the sight of the Himalayan mountain range, which is now visible from more than 100 miles away due to the reduction in air pollution caused by the country's coronavirus lockdown.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’ve been hearing about climate change since the 80’s and aerosol spray cans causing a hole in the ozone layer and the sun will fry us to death ....

So I’m sorry if I’m way past skeptical when it come to this subject ... especially since the folks screaming climate change the loudest and telling us to watch our carbon footprint are flying all over the world in there private planes and have houses that are destroying any positive affect on whatever I’m doing to help the carbon footprint ...

Maybe its u who oughta wake up ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
The Republican Party has taken a firm stance, against anthropogenic climate change for decades. I know you guys don’t believe humans, “significantly impact the environment”

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/himalayas-visible-lockdown-india-scli-intl/index.html

(CNN) — People in the northern Indian state of Punjab are reacting with awe at the sight of the Himalayan mountain range, which is now visible from more than 100 miles away due to the reduction in air pollution caused by the country's coronavirus lockdown.

Only a fool would dismiss Climate Change and Man Made Pollultion.... ONLY A FOOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we should wait until people start dying before we do anything. I mean it has worked so well for us right now. Oh wait, it's already happening while people deny it.

Air pollution may have killed 30,000 people in a single year, study says

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/health/air-pollution-us-deaths-study/index.html

Dirty Air Kills 30,000 Americans Each Year

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20190725/dirty-air-kills-30000-americans-each-year#1

Air Pollution Kills More People Than Smoking

https://psmag.com/environment/air-pollution-kills-more-people-than-smoking

But I mean we haven't started being engulfed by rising sea tides yet so you still have that going for you.

Not really. I mean it's already happening in some places.

The US is relocating an entire town because of climate change. And this is just the beginning

https://qz.com/994459/the-us-is-relocati...-the-beginning/

Ignoring it and denying it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Only a fool would dismiss Climate Change and Man Made Pollultion.... ONLY A FOOL

I don't dismiss that. Only a FOOL thinks they are related.

We have been globally warming.

I know you don't go anywhere, but maybe venture to Kelly's Island some day. I know that is a big 60 mile trip for you.

You will find glacial grooves in the sandstone. The glaciers were advancing. They can tell by the grooves. Pretty groovy.

Anyway, long before we used aerosol deodorants or had air conditions, those huge glaciers melted way, leaving tones of what is now Canadian top soil on our lands..tough break for them, even if there was no "them", then.

Just saying. What caused the warming then?

Just saying and needing answers

Tell me how that happened before any or many people even existed?

Cavemen weren't spraying aerosols or running air conditioners. At least I don't think they were. If I am totally uninformed, send me a link. I would be very interested in reading that.

I am always eager to learn something new.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you throw a bag of trash into your back yard every week, soon all you own is a dump. But we can trash our air and nothing happens?

Mmmm, hmmmm

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If you can, you should cut/paste the before and after photos. Stunning. They remind me of the a/b comparison photos of LA from 1975 vs. today.

The evidence is in front of our eyes.

PS: I heard a reporter a day or yes ago remembering a time about 10 years ago who was in India during a clearing of the atmosphere. He asked a Punjabi local how cool it was. The local said: "this is bad... very, very bad. We do not trust air we cannot see..."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I believe those glacial groves we caused by the last age, roughly 14,000 years ago. What caused that? The Earth’s orbit it not entirely consistent. It’s actually parabolic, more like an oval opposed to a circle. When that orbit becomes erratic, is when we see the advance of ice. Ice cores, tree rings, and mud cores show this evidence. Historically, we have an ice age every 14,000 years or so. I think

It’s scientific

Legend
Legend
I believe humans heaven a significant impact.. but unless India and china do something it won't matter what the heck Americans do...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

You are a smart guy. Change isn't the issue. The rate of change is the issue. But then it sounds very much like you made your mind up despite what you said about wanting to learn .... the evidence is literally overwhelming if you want to learn.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Maybe you are one of the people that want to suggest that all these experts are banging the climate change drum because they need the work and it's job security?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Air pollution is a real thing. I hope folks stop denying it.

Read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...own-coronavirus

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Anyway, long before we used aerosol deodorants or had air conditions, those huge glaciers melted way, leaving tones of what is now Canadian top soil on our lands..tough break for them, even if there was no "them", then.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Clearly we should remove all sentient life from the planet. Population growth will have an effect regardless of "pollution." There are definitely things we could do better, but constantly shouting about climate change without presenting clear and realistic solutions hasn't proven effective. Change is inevitable. Stopping climate change is impossible. Trying to better manage it would be nice. The doomsday preaching approach seems counterproductive.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Air and water pollution have been around since i can remember .... i grew up by a kodak manufacturing plant and the air and water STUNK to high heavens different times throughout the year ... u could see the smoke coming from the chimneys ...

Thats a different discussion than climate change for me ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
No doubt it was way worse back in the 60s. I remember orange skies. Black soot covering window sills. Raw sewage being dumped into rivers, lakes, and oceans.

I don't see how anyone can defend that and how anyone would believe that it was harmful to the earth and the atmosphere. But, that's just me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think this is a topic that needs discussion. However, I think the current approach to the discussion is flawed. Just pointing at a "problem" does little to address the problem. Is it even "the problem" or merely a symptom of much deeper and widespread problems?

What is the actual carrying capacity of the earth? Are there already too many people? Was the one child policy on the right track (if horrifically implemented)?

The global population seems to be steadily moving towards urbanization, but this trend brings problems like urban heat islands. As cities get bigger, this problem magnifies.

From a capitalistic standpoint agglomeration makes sense, from a biological/ecosystem standpoint it is a much more problematic approach.

Single crop mega farms with widespread distribution make sense financially, but they destroy ecosystems and "require" pesticides, preservatives, and fertilizers that have negative secondary and tertiary effects.

Personal vehicles are ubiquitous, but do they really make sense? It seems so to many people, but does it really? Think of LA/"big city" traffic. How does it make sense? Sitting for hours surrounded by exhaust fumes. Public transportation is frequently a mess (or at least is portrayed to be), but it doesn't have to be.

To address problems we're seeing, we're going to need to take a hard look at many of the underlying assumptions we take for granted.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
footnote: precession is the periodic change in earth's rotation on its axis, eccentricity details variations of earths orbit around the sun, causing climate change

Good post, you bring up good points. Population growth is fast approaching cc as the world’s most pressing issue. This pandemic is a classic example of being unprepared, not listening to science. I think this pandemic will become the world’s 9-11

Legend
Legend
I thought this topic may have some sensible responses here. I was wrong. Back to stuffing my head in the sand. Cya.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I thought this topic may have some sensible responses here.

What, like "pfffft Trump"? wink

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

I don't dismiss that. Only a FOOL thinks they are related.

We have been globally warming.

I know you don't go anywhere, but maybe venture to Kelly's Island some day. I know that is a big 60 mile trip for you.

You will find glacial grooves in the sandstone. The glaciers were advancing. They can tell by the grooves. Pretty groovy.

Just saying and needing answers

Tell me how that happened before any or many people even existed?

Cavemen weren't spraying aerosols or running air conditioners. At least I don't think they were. If I am totally uninformed, send me a link. I would be very interested in reading that.

I am always eager to learn something new.

You are clearly part of the problem..,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
*L* ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I thought this topic may have some sensible responses here.

What, like "pfffft Trump"? wink

Lol. I Never said that here. Pffft the trump era. Lol

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Interesting read...

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
To the armed groups of people, gathering on capitol steps.

It’s a middle finger to the health care frontline workers. We need to listen to the medical professionals, they know more than us, they have little to no bias. They work hard long hours, even put their families in jeopardy, for us. Each and every one of you should be shamed of yourselves.

You will eventually care about your air quality, I guarantee it.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Air quality during pandemic

Link Copied to Clipboard