Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BpG
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Anecdotal evidence in a time of crisis is exactly that. It is evidence, good bad or indifferent.

You cannot do a controlled study in a time of crisis that would be defensible from a clinical research prospective. There is no time, people are dying.

You go with what you have, or what you think is best. Hopefully there is no harm.

The alternative is a higher probability of death.

I think the statement of 100 percent cure is total horse hockey. That does not exist. I think the hype and dismissals are both counterproductive.

It should be viewed as a temporary strategy, until the results of a clinical trial become available.

I agree with this, in addition I would point out that they were predicting 100k-200k deaths. Yesterday we were at 14k and had 1,400 deaths, we would have to sustain 1,400 deaths for two more FULL MONTHS to get to the low end of the estimate.

So, the anecdotal evidence supports that this drug may help in addition to us not even being close to the death totals Dr. Fauci stated we would see.

ORANGE MAN BAD though.

I am just disgusted by the absolute partisanship in a time of crisis. (that in no way is directed at you charger)

Look I'm not putting you down but just pointing out that trying to use the current facts on the ground to calculate the end results while we are still trying to wrap around the severity of this thing is just an excercise in mental masterbation. The data is all over the place right now. We are assuming facts one day and dismissing them the next. I personally think we are going to learn a lesson the hard way because we will return to work in the next few weeks while this thing is still ravaging the country. If that happens, I fear we'll easily meet those high end numbers.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BpG
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Now there reports that Trump owns stock in the company that owns this med.

Drug has been out of patent for how long? This drug has been around for decades, this is an irrelevant partisan "gotcha" fact.

When I first read the headline that Trump was profiting off this drug I was mad as hell. But after understanding the link, I agree. This is the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Imagine that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And I can count them all. I point out facts and you can't refute them. So this is all you can do. I use sources and data. You just throw crap with nothing to back it up. A true Trumpian.

If any of you lefties get the virus and get really sick you'll be begging for that drug.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Imagine that.

Unlike what you think of me, I'm neither irrational nor unrealistic. I can't stand (as in despise/hate) Trump the President/Person but he has the right to own stock as long as it is managed by others without him using his office to profit. I wouldn't even mind, like in this case, if he did make a little money off of his influence here and there. But his whole presidency is a heist and at some point all the evidence will come to light.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/09/20 09:15 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
And I can count them all. I point out facts and you can't refute them. So this is all you can do. I use sources and data. You just throw crap with nothing to back it up. A true Trumpian.

If any of you lefties get the virus and get really sick you'll be begging for that drug.

You're probably right, but that doesn't justify the non-medical barely capable of complex thoughts Trump pimping it willy nilly.

Legend
Legend

lol........trump is the one begging for it. Get over yourself.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

As of this moment, taking a B Complex shot and an aspirin may be just as helpful.

I'm not sure what people don't get about the fact that over 96% of people that get the virus live. So the fact that people recover after taking these drugs pretty much means nothing.

Former FDA leaders decry emergency authorization of malaria drugs for coronavirus.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/...gs-coronavirus#

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Most of this hydroxychloroquine hysteria is what you get when people who aren't familiar with the medical field try to weigh in on things like this.

Docs can use (and have used) drugs/devices off-label. That's why this whole thing came up, really. So if the doc thinks it will help, he'll write the 'script. Using that as reason to push forward a new indication that only has shoddy data behind it undermines many of the safeguards that people rely on.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
If I were in the situation in which I was struck with the virus, that's whose opinion I would be listening to...... The doctor.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As of this moment, taking a B Complex shot and an aspirin may be just as helpful.

I'm not sure what people don't get about the fact that over 96% of people that get the virus live. So the fact that people recover after taking these drugs pretty much means nothing.

Former FDA leaders decry emergency authorization of malaria drugs for coronavirus.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/...gs-coronavirus#

I don't get your point that 96 percent live... The disease has a 1 in 25 chance of killing you, and if you are over 70, the odds are much worse.

No, you go from a nominal chance, to playing Russian roulette with your life.

I have to shake my head, a week ago or so, the mortality rate was less than 1.5 percent, now it is 4 percent, and that seems ok? It is a very deadly disease.

Last edited by ChargerDawg; 04/10/20 02:47 PM.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

We know what how statistics are used from football (aka statistics are for losers). That is the purpose of peer review. The investigator extracts or structures the data in a misleading way in order to present the desired outcome.

I feel like a number of people, who like to doubt science, have this weird habit of throwing around "peer review", without really knowing how it works...

I don't know were your going with this, but as a matter of fact, I have had peer reviewed papers published in scientific journals. I have been through the process.

The last paper involved the removal of MS-2 coliphage (a bacterial virus) through reverse osmosis systems.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My point was that just because you survived the disease doesn't mean it was due to Hydroxychloroquine. The survival rate is high enough that you can't really attribute survival to that. Fauci has said the same thing. That it's anecdotal.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My point was that just because you survived the disease doesn't mean it was due to Hydroxychloroquine. The survival rate is high enough that you can't really attribute survival to that. Fauci has said the same thing. That it's anecdotal.

The is heightened by the use of small data sets and having your criteria being simply "didn't die".

Taking a disease where the overwhelming majority of patients not only survive but don't have anything more than mild symptoms and then saying "I gave them this medication and nobody died" doesn't really give anyone anything useful, at all. Especially when your control group also didn't have anyone die.

You need results that are statistically significant.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I get that, and the article points out the issues, the data sets by which some one started saying 100 percent cure appeared to be a subset, or structured in a way to provide overly optimistic result.

But, and as an example, if the use would reduce the death rate from 4 percent to 2 percent, that would be a very relevant finding. Is is a big difference between 96 and 98 no, Is there a big difference between 4 and 2, yes.

A lot of findings begin with anecdotal evidence, there is nothing wrong with that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And a lot of anecdotal evidence has proven to be false upon further studies. It's a two way street.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
the biggest problem with the French study is the claim of efficacy with absolutely not statistical difference over the control group.

Additionally, there is the part where they excluded data on three or four patients from the results - and still have nothing to show value.

Yet, it is still heralded as being significant.

The drug is a nasty drug with lots of side effects and can't be administered to children; it shouldn't be so lightly promoted.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
And this is why you are careful to study the medicine as much as possible before declaring its efficacy.

French officials report heart incidents in experimental coronavirus treatments with hydroxychloroquine

France reported dozens of heart incidents linked to an anti-malaria drug President Trump has hyped as a possible treatment for the coronavirus.

Data released by France’s drug safety agency showed 43 cases of heart incidents linked to hydroxychloroquine, underscoring the risk of providing unproven treatments to COVID-19 patients.

“This initial assessment shows that the risks, in particular cardiovascular, associated with these treatments are very present and potentially increased in COVID-19 patients. Almost all of the declarations come from health establishments,” the agency said. “These drugs should only be used in hospitals, under close medical supervision.”

France has recorded 100 health incidents and four fatalities linked to experimental drugs for those with the coronavirus since late March. Three other patients had to be revived, and 82 incidents were considered “serious.”

The incidents were roughly evenly split between hydroxychloroquine and HIV antivirals lopinavir-ritonavir.

The report comes as Trump repeatedly touts hydroxychloroquine as a possible coronavirus treatment, calling the drug a possible “game changer.”

However, health officials have expressed concerns over the drug, saying there’s no strong evidence it can be used for COVID-19.

“We’ve got to be careful that we don’t make that majestic leap to assume that this is a knockout drug. We still need to do the kinds of studies that definitely prove whether any intervention is truly safe and effective,” Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, said this week. “We don’t operate on how you feel, we operate on what evidence and data is.”

https://thehill.com/policy/international...in-experimental

Now somebody has to tell Trump he's wrong... again...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Now somebody has to tell Trump he's wrong... again...

Another check mark in the Trump win column.

So, so much winning.

"You're gonna get sick of all the winning..."

...the one thing he's said that has actually been true.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Science Update

Quote:
An antimalarial drug touted as a potential treatment for coronavirus might have no benefit to patients at all, according to a new study by French scientists.

Researchers compared more than 180 patients – some receiving hydroxychloroquine treatment and others who were not treated with the drug – and found their outcomes were almost identical.
The research by doctors and scientists from 12 hospitals and public research institutes across France, is the most comprehensive study so far of the performance of the controversial drug in hospitals and involves the most Covid-19 patients.

“These results do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised for documented Sars-CoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia,” the authors said in a non-peer reviewed paper released by medRxiv.org on Tuesday.

Hydroxychloroquine was invented in 1945. It is a chemical compound derived from chloroquine, a drug used by troops to combat malaria in the Pacific jungles during World War II, with similar effect.

Early this year, soon after the first strain of the new coronavirus was isolated, Chinese scientists used a supercomputer to screen for potential drugs. They found chloroquine and its derivatives had a chemical structure that could interact with the virus.

Preliminary laboratory experiments suggested this family of drugs could suppress viral replication in the test tube, though it remained far from clear what effect it would have on the human body.
US President Donald Trump was the first – and the only – world leader promoting the drug as a hopeful cure for Covid-19 to the general public. The US Food and Drug Administration last month granted an emergency approval that allowed American hospitals to use chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine on Covid-19 patients without clinical trials.

An uncontrolled study by a research team in Marseille, France, involving 26 patients found 100 per cent viral clearance in nose swabs in six patients treated by a combination of hydroxychloroquine and antibiotics, raising hope for the drug.

In a study from Wuhan, China, on 62 patients, researchers also found “significant improvement” on the general outcome. These results, however, were not replicated in follow-up research involving 11 patients in Paris.

So a French team, led by Matthieu Mahevas of the University of Paris-Est, decided to investigate what happened in a “real-world setting”. They pulled the medical records from four hospitals in France of 181 patients of similar gender, age and health conditions. All the patients required oxygen because of lung infections caused by the virus.

The researchers said these patients were more representative of those admitted to hospitals swamped by the pandemic than those in some previous studies. The Wuhan trial, for instance, recruited only patients with mild symptoms, whose chance of recovery was high, even without treatment.

Among the patients who took hydroxychloroquine upon admission, 20.5 per cent had entered the intensive care unit or had died within a week. Among the patients who did not take the drug, the rate of ICU admission or mortality within a week was 22.1 per cent. The researchers said statistically there was no difference between the two groups.

“In conclusion, we found that hydroxychloroquine did not significantly reduce admission to ICU or death at day seven after hospital admission, or acute respiratory distress syndrome in hospitalised patients with hypoxemic pneumonia due to Covid-19,” the authors said.
“These results are of major importance and do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised for a documented Sars-CoV-2 pneumonia,” they added.
The conflicting observations have confused the public and health authorities around the world.

The doctors’ other concern was side effects. The hydroxychloroquine, although safer than chloroquine, could still cause a wide range of negative effects, including sudden cardiac death.
The French study found nearly 10 per cent of patients taking the drug experienced abnormal heartbeats that required discontinuation of the treatment after about four days. In most of these cases, the heart muscle took longer than normal to recharge between beats.

“One patient who received no other medication that might interfere with cardiac conduction presented a first-degree atrioventricular block after two days of hydroxychloroquine treatment,” the researchers said.

Zhong Nanshan, a senior Chinese government scientist in Guangzhou, told local media that his team would soon publish a paper with positive results for chloroquine phosphate, another derivative drug in the chloroquine family.

“The average time [with chloroquine phosphate treatment] for the virus to turn negative is four days, and the control group [without the treatment] is eight or nine days. This improvement of symptoms is very certain,” Zhong told state television on Tuesday.
“It can be a very effective cure.”

Research on the chloroquine family of drugs continues around the world as nations try to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control.

Link

P
Legend
Legend
P
But, "A lot of people are saying".

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Small Chloroquine Study Halted Over Risk of Fatal Heart Complications
A research trial of coronavirus patients in Brazil ended after patients taking a higher dose of chloroquine, one of the drugs President Trump has promoted, developed irregular heart rates.

By Katie Thomas and Knvul Sheikh
April 12, 2020

A small study in Brazil was halted early for safety reasons after coronavirus patients taking a higher dose of chloroquine developed irregular heart rates that increased their risk of a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia.

Chloroquine is closely related to the more widely used drug hydroxychloroquine. President Trump has enthusiastically promoted them as a potential treatment for the novel coronavirus despite little evidence that they work, and despite concerns from some of his top health officials. Last month, the Food and Drug Administration granted emergency approval to allow hospitals to use chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine from the national stockpile if clinical trials were not feasible. Companies that manufacture both drugs are ramping up production.

The Brazilian study involved 81 hospitalized patients in the city of Manaus and was sponsored by the Brazilian state of Amazonas. It was posted on Saturday at medRxiv, an online server for medical articles, before undergoing peer review by other researchers. Because Brazil’s national guidelines recommend the use of chloroquine in coronavirus patients, the researchers said including a placebo in their trial — considered the best way to evaluate a drug — was an “impossibility.”

Despite its limitations, infectious disease doctors and drug safety experts said the study provided further evidence that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, which are both used to treat malaria, can pose significant harm to some patients, specifically the risk of a fatal heart arrhythmia. Patients in the trial were also given the antibiotic azithromycin, which carries the same heart risk. Hospitals in the United States are also using azithromycin to treat coronavirus patients, often in combination with hydroxychloroquine.

“To me, this study conveys one useful piece of information, which is that chloroquine causes a dose-dependent increase in an abnormality in the ECG that could predispose people to sudden cardiac death,” said Dr. David Juurlink, an internist and the head of the division of clinical pharmacology at the University of Toronto, referring to an electrocardiogram, which reads the heart’s electrical activity.

Roughly half the study participants were given a dose of 450 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for five days, while the rest were prescribed a higher dose of 600 milligrams for 10 days. Within three days, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial.

The researchers said the study did not have enough patients in the lower-dose portion of the trial to conclude if chloroquine was effective in patients with severe disease. More studies evaluating the drug earlier in the course of the disease are “urgently needed,” the researchers said.

Several clinical trials for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are testing low doses for shorter periods of time in coronavirus patients. But the Health Commission of Guangdong Province in China had initially recommended those sick with the virus be treated with 500 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for 10 days.

One of the authors of the Brazilian study, Dr. Marcus Lacerda, said in an email on Sunday that his study found that “the high dosage that the Chinese were using is very toxic and kills more patients.”

“That is the reason this arm of the study was halted early,” he said, adding that the manuscript was being reviewed by the journal Lancet Global Health.

Dr. Bushra Mina, the section chief of pulmonary medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, said the study would most likely not change his hospital’s practice of giving a five-day course of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to hospitalized patients who were not severely ill. Dr. Mina said patients are monitored daily for heart abnormalities and the drugs are stopped if any are found.

He said the study showed “if you’re going to use it because you have no alternative, then use it cautiously,” he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.html

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Roughly half the study participants were given a dose of 450 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for five days, while the rest were prescribed a higher dose of 600 milligrams for 10 days. Within three days, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial.

Well, when you overdose someone on 3x the maximum recommended daily dose of a medication you just might have an adverse reaction.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The Hill?

The NYTimes?

I will wait to see what the CDC says about the tests once they are completed.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see it's more important to you who published the article than the sources they actually use. That's typical.

These are only preliminary studies but it's not those media sources making these claims. It's the medical professionals who did the studies.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
He'll soon only accept OAN as a source.

Legend
Legend
Why don't you just make up a story?

Its what you do.

Legend
Legend
Here is a link to the actual PDF of the study's findings at https://www.medrxiv.org

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
How is your buddy doing today?

Legend
Legend
I posted the update in the other thread, but he is home with his family as of yesterday. Still unclear as to long-term side effects with the kidneys, though.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Thank God he is home. I pray for his further recovery.

Legend
Legend
Hydroxychloroquine doesn’t help patients with coronavirus, French study finds.....

A drug that’s been touted by President Donald Trump as a “game changer” didn’t help hospitalized patients with coronavirus and was associated with heart complications, according to a new study.

“This provides evidence that hydroxychloroquine does not apparently treat patients with Covid 19,” said Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious disease specialist at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. “Even worse, there were side effects caused by the drug — heart toxicities that required it be discontinued.”

Trump has said that hydroxychloroquine shows “tremendous promise” and has made it sound like the drug is harmless.

“I think it’s going to be great,” Trump said at a White House briefing on March 19.

“What do you have to lose? Take it,” he said on April 4.

Physicians have warned that while Trump is enthusiastic about the drug, it still needs to be studied to see if it works and if it’s safe.

“People can claim what they want, but the proof is in the pudding, and this is the pudding,” Offit said.

In the French study, doctors looked back at medical records for 181 patients with Covid-19 who had pneumonia and required supplemental oxygen. About half had taken hydroxychloroquine within 48 hours of being admitted to the hospital, and the other half had not.

The doctors followed the patients and found there was no statistically significant difference in the death rates of the two groups, or their chances of being admitted to the intensive care unit.

The study also raised important safety concerns about hydroxychloroquine.

In the study, eight patients who took the drug developed abnormal heart rhythms and had to stop taking it.

Abnormal heart rhythms are a known side effect of hydroxychloroquine, which has been used for decades to treat patients with diseases such as malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Doctors in Sweden and Brazil have sounded warnings about chloroquine, a very similar drug, because of heart problems.

In the new study, among the 84 patients who took hydroxychloroquine, 20.2% were admitted to the ICU or died within seven days of taking the drug. Among the 97 patients who did not take the drug, 22.1% went to the ICU or died.

The difference was not determined to be statistically different

Looking just at deaths, 2.8% of the patients who took hydroxychloroquine died, and 4.6% of the patients who did not take it died. That difference was also not found to be statistically significant.

“These results do not support the use of [hydroxychloroquine] in patients hospitalised for documented SARSCoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia,” the study authors wrote.

The study was published Tuesday on medRxiv.org, a pre-print server founded by Yale University, the journal BMJ and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes - but the narrative is already out there for the Trump loyalists .... Trump tried to help and it was the mean, bad press that poo-poo'd the idea. Trump hero for trying. Press bad for being rational.

Same thing with the "theory" that the virus came from a lab. 23% or more of the USA believe the virus was created by China in a lab .... despite overwhelming opinion from experts in the field that say that's not the case.

Hell - wonder how many still think Obama is a Muslim born in Africa?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Jade Helm, Pizzagate?

They just keep getting burnt and continue to touch a hot stove.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
There’s a whole slew of doctors worldwide saying they won’t prescribe Hydro anymore. And trump has been mum on the subject for weeks. People probably died. More blood on trumps hand. Pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.foxnews.com/science/controve...ent-doctors-say

It is still being used and used quite often. More lies!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Science Update pt. III

Quote:
A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested.

Many doctors have been leery of the drug.

At the University of Wisconsin, Madison, “I think we’re all rather underwhelmed” at what’s been seen among the few patients there who’ve tried it, said Dr. Nasia Safdar, medical director of infection control and prevention.

Patients asked about it soon after Trump started promoting its use, “but now I think that people have realized we don’t know if it works or not” and needs more study, said Safdar, who had no role in the VA analysis.

The NIH and others have more rigorous tests underway.

Link

I hope they find it works, but a ton of these actual studies aren't showing much of anything.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Same thing with the "theory" that the virus came from a lab. 23% or more of the USA believe the virus was created by China in a lab .... despite overwhelming opinion from experts in the field that say that's not the case.

FWIW: "Came from a lab" and "created in a lab" are NOT the same thing.
It very much can be a naturally occurring virus AND still have had the entire thing have come from a lab. What people are saying is that this virus was being studied in the lab in Wuhan. Patient 0 worked at that lab, and visited the wet market.

I'm in the camp that it doesn't really matter.... BUT, that little factoid, if true, sure would explain a LOT about China's actions and motives.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
https://www.foxnews.com/science/controve...ent-doctors-say

It is still being used and used quite often. More lies!

"25 percent of physicians around the world believe health care workers should take the drug to prevent COVID-19 infections"

Those 25% are utter morons because there is NOTHING, currently, that prevents infections.

I will definitely side with the 75% on this one.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: mgh888

FWIW: "Came from a lab" and "created in a lab" are NOT the same thing.
It very much can be a naturally occurring virus AND still have had the entire thing have come from a lab. What people are saying is that this virus was being studied in the lab in Wuhan. Patient 0 worked at that lab, and visited the wet market.

I'm in the camp that it doesn't really matter.... BUT, that little factoid, if true, sure would explain a LOT about China's actions and motives.

You are correct. Came from / created from is not the same thing.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Hydroxychloroquine: A Case Study In Bad Science

Link Copied to Clipboard