Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
I love that orange pants look

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I'm angry. Where are the orange pants!?
JW johnson who may or may not be important, just said they’re coming

Where does this come from? I just checked JWJ's twitter and don't see him addressing it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave

Where does this come from? I just checked JWJ's twitter and don't see him addressing it.

I didn’t hear it but he supposedly alluded to it today on Cleveland Browns Daily.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just listened to CBD’s podcast for today (4/15 ) and at around the 13 minute mark JW is on. He addresses the orange pants about a minute later.

Last edited by Pdawg; 04/15/20 06:52 PM.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Is there any hope that Haslam's daughter divorces JW and we can get some decent uniforms?

angel

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

You are not alone.

In fact I really hated orange shirts.

Orange is good as an accent in strips and helmet. But orange pants or orange shirts just doesn't make it for me.

Yes, that is it. It's not that I mind orange so much, it is that I do not like a *lot* of orange. And the pants on linemen would be a lot of orange.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Orange belongs on the Helmet and Stripes.

And Trees in Florida.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the problem w/both of our colors [brown and orange] is that they don't pair well w/other colors. Orange goes well w/white, but almost nothing else. Brown is a tough color to pair w/anything. That is why shades were made such as beige, tan, etc.

Here is a new thought...........Portland is an excellent artist and he loves our colors. This surprises me because as an artist, one would think he would understand the color palette?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: Dave

I didn’t hear it but he supposedly alluded to it today on Cleveland Browns Daily.

I just listened to Zegura and Bishop interviewing JWJ and at the 24:00 (+/-) mark, Zegura asks about the orange pants. I thought JWJ pretty much blew it off, feigning ignorance of the popularity of the orange pants, and with some vague remarks about "looking in to it and consulting with Nike" about them. He sounds like a knob.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/cleveland-browns-daily-4-15-2020

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
They needed a brown jersey and orange pants uni.

The brown on brown SUCKS!

The rest are MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love that orange pants look

I love the Orange pants with both the white tops and the brown tops
The orange pants and brown jerseys always makes me think of Thom Darden for some reason.

I really dislike the brown pants with any top
I hate the orange jerseys with any pants

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
The solid brown, no stripes. thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Glad we went retro.
Glad we brought back the striped socks.. Josh Cribbs days made me fall in love with them, especially when he cut them up and used them as arm sleeves too.

I'm also hoping the Orange pants are what are being referred to as keeping this 'in the closet, and not tell anyone about that' as this video from a year ago refers to. I need the orange pants!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I agree ... if we’d go orange pants every game I’d be happy.

Brown jersey/Orange pants
White jersey/Orange pants

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Biggest improvement is going back to brown numbers on white top. Love the new old unis like I love my own heritage. My favorite would be white on white. My second favorite would be white on white.

Go Browns!

2nd String
2nd String
And that is why people make fun of this fan base. White on white? You do realize those aren’t even colors. And because of y’all whining like spoiled babies we now have to look at the same old trivial garbage that they’ve been wearing for like 80 years. How forward thinking you guys are. I hope Stephanski is on the Mangini vibe and trots out the brown pants white tops every game. Our owner is the perfect match for our stale fan base. Now we stand firm as a retread of a once great franchise but unfortunately it’s still only fools gold.

Who let the Dawgs out???
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
I like the brown jersey/orange pants, and the white jersey/brown pants. Also, I like the stripes

Legend
Legend

I don't know how to actually copy this guys reaction but damn it made me laugh.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/soc...to-new-uniforms

The guy who posted his reaction just cracked me up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think the problem w/both of our colors [brown and orange] is that they don't pair well w/other colors. Orange goes well w/white, but almost nothing else. Brown is a tough color to pair w/anything. That is why shades were made such as beige, tan, etc.

Here is a new thought...........Portland is an excellent artist and he loves our colors. This surprises me because as an artist, one would think he would understand the color palette?

People now wear brown shoes and belts with blue, black and gray suits. I don't understand it and can't explain it, but somehow they now consider that to be matching outfits.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sunday needs to be "Wear A Sports Jersey Day". Tell everybody that you know.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Brown shoes or belt with a black suit? Haha, hell naw. Some people then need advise.

Everything else, sure.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I am very happy with the new uniforms.

I like how simple the Color rush Uniformas are(Brown on Brown). They kind of keep a moderness to them by not having the stripes.(even if that sounds counterintuitive). They just seem sleek. No stripe on the pants for Color Rush works for me.

I never minded the Carbon fiber pattern in the helmet...But it definitely would not work here. The Brown Facemasks will work better than white or grey with the visors the players like to use. White or grey would be interesting to see...but I think the Brown will work well.

I have never been a pusher for the orange pants. I don't hate them...in this case...IF they were to bring them back, I think they would look better with the white top than the brown. The rendering with orange pants and Brown tops did not grab me. When I think of Orange Pants Brown Top...I picture Cody Risien...and that rendering did not take me back there. There was just something that I couldn't put my finger on that seemed off.

I LOVE the ditching of the orange numbers on the regular jersey's. I LOVE the return of the 5 stripes on the shoulders. I LOVE the increased size of the numbers on the back(probably my favorite thing on these uniforms). The collars are cool and while I did like "Cleveland" on the front...I think it would be too busy and not work here. The number font is both retro and modern...they have a retro feel with modern roundness in areas that is subtle.

I actually like all of the combinations for the regular uniforms. And yes, that includes the Brown pants and white tops. But if I were to put them in order I would say the ranking is as such:
-Brown Top / White Pants
-White Top / White Pants
-White Top / Brown Pants

When speaking to the regular Uniform, I just like the Orange and Brown Stripes on the leg better than I like the brown and orange stripes on the Brown pants...and yes there are Brown stripes, they just get lost with the brown pants...While it doesn't look bad and white wouldn't work...I just like the white pants more.

Love the return of the striped socks and the pictures also alluded to White or orange cleats which I really like as well. (Geez, I remember our guys getting in trouble with the league for spray painting their cleats orange...lol)

All in all..I am happy. I see exactly what they talked about. A return to the classics but still having some modern touches. The fact that those modern touches are very subtle works well for me...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

People now wear brown shoes and belts with blue, black and gray suits. I don't understand it and can't explain it, but somehow they now consider that to be matching outfits.

In response to Vers. I do know about color. I took an entire semester’s class in nothing but breaking down color. The class was called ‘Color Concept’. It was brutal. It was exacting. By far the hardest ‘art’ class I ever took. It stripped all the joy from art. LOL. My instructor was an exacting tight arse. Seeming to draw, no pun intended, pleasure from pointing out the slightest imperfection. The class was focused fully on hue, tint, shade, tone, brightness, saturation, and chroma. Subject was the last concern. I litterally made paintings of still life’s of stuff in my dorm room. My scissors, a pencil, a book, and a ruler. So many stupid paintings. You have no idea. Here was an assignment. Mix a color. It can’t be an ‘out of the tube’ color. You have to mix one. Now mix a gray that is the exact value as the color you mixed. Meaning if you took your color and your gray and did a basic still life painting using only those two colors, and put that painting on a B&W copy machine it’d just print it as a flat gray. You’d not see the painting. Not easy my friend. Not easy.

Anyway.... orange pairs really well with brown. So we as Browns fans have nothing to worry about. Orange pairs well with black. See the Bengals, and the Halloween holiday. Being that orange is a secondary color and opposite of blue, a primary color, on the color wheel they pair nicely. This is common. Purple, also a secondary color, pairs nicely with yellow, a primary color. Too opposite each other on the color wheel. See the Vikings. And we all know red, primary, and green, secondary, opposite the wheel, pair wonderfully and bring us much joy every December.
With that the Broncos, as much as I loathe them as a team, have a classic pairing.

As to those not fans of brown or orange ‘matching’ blue... you’re probably typing that while wearing your denim jeans, blue, and a browns shirt or jersey right now.
I’ll agree in a suit it’s a little... off. But that’s a different world of classic styles holding fort.

So. Knock it off all of you! We’re the Browns! Our colors are orange and brown. Suck it up buttercups!!! smile

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
My instructor was an exacting tight arse.

Really? I didn't realize it was wrong to disagree about colors.

Later, Port!

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like the fact that we did away with that abortion from a few years ago. Not a lot of creativity but that's how we got those awful ones.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Should have never messed with a good thing, glad to see they came to their senses.

Now just get back to the white on white at home like good old days....'86 through '88.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 04/17/20 06:33 PM.
BpG #1753325 04/17/20 07:30 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG
I like the fact that we did away with that abortion from a few years ago. Not a lot of creativity but that's how we got those awful ones.

It took me 5 years to start liking the unis and they change em.

Anyone need any old jerseys with tags??... willynilly

Legend
Legend
I actually liked the last jerseys we had, but I think it was time to move on. And I respect going back to the retro look. Just hoping we get orange pants at some point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Echo sentiments, take it back to the classic. I apologize if you wanted more, keep those orange pants in our back pocket, we don’t deserve them yet.

That’s Sipe stature

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Agreed.

Real disconnect between wearing these duds and winning in them.

Wearing those "big shoes to fill" doesn't necessarily mean you manage to fill 'em, y'know.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
I'll like orange pants. I like orange Jerseys.

I only like white on white as a solid color combination. We have worn that for years.

No Brown on Brown or Orange on Orange, especially Brown on Brown. That just doesn't look good IMO. Neither does Orange on Orange.

White on white works, it's stock tradition. After that you have to mix it up in some combination.

I guess brown pants is what I would throw out the fastest.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I will never understand the obsession with having a new uniform every year.

It's a uniform... it looks as good, or as bad, as your results.

Even those freaking eyesores the Seahawks had that made you want to check the color adjustments of your TV looked pretty decent when they were crushing people. Heck, that field in Boise was fun to look at the one year their football team was good.

This is football, not a fashion show in Milan. Just put on your colors and make them look good with how you play the game.

Absolutely nothing is won in the runway.

Thank you!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Maybe if the competition committee could bring themselves to somehow award style points for wardrobe and deportment, this would practically matter to me. Win some in them and they will look good. Now it is just dress up to go to market.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Maybe if the competition committee could bring themselves to somehow award style points for wardrobe and deportment, this would practically matter to me. Win some in them and they will look good. Now it is just dress up to go to market.

I'm pretty sure that if the Browns were dressed in ole Potato sacks with hand drawn numbers on them and won a SB, fans would be just fine with it. I would

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

I like all the powder blue combos, though the yellow pants are a little out there, but what the hell are they thinking with the navy AND royal blue too? Why THREE blues?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Wait.. looking at the navy uni... isn't the helmet a different color? Thought nfl teams could only have 1 helmet option.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Wait.. looking at the navy uni... isn't the helmet a different color? Thought nfl teams could only have 1 helmet option.
I think they said it’s just the decals not the helmet

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

I like all the powder blue combos, though the yellow pants are a little out there, but what the hell are they thinking with the navy AND royal blue too? Why THREE blues?
I’m a big fan of these uniforms ... all of them

V
Legend
Legend
V
Some of those are sweet. I really like the first one.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New uniform reveal

Link Copied to Clipboard