Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
My eight-year old's soccer team is playing in Cincinnati's "Fall Ball" tournamant. He's hoping to play at least on Cincy area team this weekend. He told me yesterday that his Bengal fan buddies are "annoying". Much like what we find here on the board.

I asked him about it. Two of his closest friends are Bengal fans. One came by it honestly, his dad grew up in Hamilton and was always a Bengal fan. The other one must just be wired wrong.

Anyway, both these kids are convinced that Cincy is in first place and that the beat the Browns a couple of weeks ago. My kid is wondering how they can think that, wondering how they can be a fan without knowing what their team is doing. I really don't have an answer, I just tell him that to ignore it.

Of course, one of those kids thinks the Reds finished in first, too. Oh, to be young and oblivious again.

Anyway, he's hoping to take his frustration out on some of the locals. Should be a good time for the kids, even if it is in the bowels of Ohio.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
When I was heading up for the Cincy game I stopped by a Speedway by my house and some idiot ADULT decked out in full Pittsburgh garb was giving me crap about the beating they gave us.

He then asked ME who THEY were playing today?!? There was another Browns fan in there heading up to the game and he looked at the guy and asked how long he'd been on the bandwagon, lol! Oh well, once the Browns get better I suppose we'll have the same kind of fans too....

Good luck in enemy territory. At first I thought you meant you were heading to Foxboro!

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Tell your son, he's a good kid for befriending these two kids, Without your sons friendship these two kids would have to wear meat around thier neck to get the dogs to play with them.

Tell your son, dont worry, the kids will someday get smarter and become Browns fans, or get dummber and switch to the steelers.....

Hopefully your son can keep them out of Jail...Being Bengal fans & all

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Anyway, both these kids are convinced that Cincy is in first place and that the beat the Browns a couple of weeks ago. My kid is wondering how they can think that, wondering how they can be a fan without knowing what their team is doing. I really don't have an answer, I just tell him that to ignore it.

Let me help you explain it to hm:

This extreme case of denial and delusion is known as "the last phase before jumping off the wagon". I'm old enough to have seen all three cycles of bungle bandwagonism, so I know what I'm talking about. Don't worry, very soon they'll be off the wagon and rooting for a real football team.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

.....These kids are EIGHT years old,....right?....That might answer your question.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
They are.

The OTHER eight year olds around here, Browns fans, Indy fan, Patriot fan, Atlanta fan, etc. all know how their team is doing. Or they don't bring it up at all.

So I guess that doesn't answer my question.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My youngest son honestly thinks that team is called the Bungles. I've never called them anything else.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And I bet when I have kids, my kids will think the Steelers are called the Stoolers, the Ravens are called the Ratbirds, and that the Bengals are called the Bungles.

But, I know what you mean, some of these Bengals fans have no clue. Some kids in my grade think that the Bengals will win the rest of their games, will win the Super Bowl, and say that the Bengals felt bad for the Browns and let them win on purpose. But as for the Reds fan comment, most of us aren't like that. We KNOW our team is bad.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

My kid is wondering how they can think that, wondering how they can be a fan without knowing what their team is doing.

They are Cincy fans... it's inbreeding....

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Heading to enemy territory this weekend

Link Copied to Clipboard