Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
From what I’ve heard, best case scenario late fall, early winter vaccine. Time to manufacture microscopes, and pay college interns for their processing power and insight.

Figure it out, I know you’re smart enough.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I am sorry if I sounded mean. That wasn't my intent. Y'all just frustrate me w/this stupid blame game thing. What does that solve?

rofl The only people I see pointing fingers and deflecting responsibility is trump himself and then his supporters parrot his idiotic accusations against previous administrations and other countries. Pffft the trump era.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
All anyone needs to do is watch a couple of those daily briefings and the point would be clear to them. Between patting himself on the back, blaming Democrats, attacking the press and giving corporate endorsements, he says little else. The only time we get any real information is if he can be quiet long enough to let Fauci or Birx speak. It's nothing more than campaign rallies paid for by the deaths of American people.

Just one simple example. He actually blamed the governors for not using the testing supplies available. He keeps saying there are plenty of testing supplies.

Each day, including today, De Wine explains there are only enough tests available to test those with the most severe symptoms. The man divides everything from federal government verses state and local government to supporting social discourse when supporting protestors. And to top it all off, the states where he is supporting the protestors? They don't even qualify under the White Houses OWN guidelines to begin opening up their economy.

Yeah, but let's not say anything.....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
It didn't escape from a lab.

Scientists did a deep dive on the elements of this bug, and a lab technician would not have designed a virus in the way Covid operates.

False conclusion.
It wasn't CREATED in a lab. That is not the same thing as "didn't escape from a lab"

None of what you shared says that it wasn't a natural virus in a sloppily run lab and escaped.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Wuhan laboratory scientists 'did absolutely crazy things' to alter coronavirus and enabled it to infect humans, Russian microbiologist claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...oronavirus.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now people are listening to the Russians who are trying to start squabbles between the U.S. and China?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Now people are listening to the Russians who are trying to start squabbles between the U.S. and China?

The guy saying this seems to have credentials. Should we just ignore what he has to say because he's Russian?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

The guy saying this seems to have credentials. Should we just ignore what he has to say because he's Russian?

unless we get independent corroboration from someone reputable and impartial, yes

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Even if we had hard proof China made it in a lab, so what? What are we going to do, go to war? Nope. Sanctions? Ineffective. UN Resolution? Big whoop. I'd like to think it's naturally occuring, but I wouldn't put it past some nutjob developing it as a weapon. Or studying it for pandemic prevention and screwing up.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I'd be more inclined to ignore it because story came from a tabloid, not because the guy is Russian. He does have credentials.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I'd just about bet a paycheck that it WAS someone studying it in a lab and screwed up, and that's how it made it to that market and how it got out. Or, there was no market at all and it was just a convenient cover story.

As for whether or not it was manipulated.... I'll trust Clem's guy that it isn't until a more credible voice tells me not to.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'll trust Clem's guy that it isn't until a more credible voice tells me not to.

That's why you haven't seen me post much during this thread's most recent turn. There is nothing much to really add. Facts aren't debatable. And when it comes to threads like this, I will only deal in facts and raw 411.

Mark and me are Brothers. We're family.

If he heard/knew something new, I'd be informed at the same time as those people who share his last name and bloodline. To date, he's not said otherwise to any of us.
If he said something, I'd relay it to you all... because we are all in this together.

Here's a quote from him, as best as I can recall. It's from a phone call a few weeks ago, so 'll not be able to reconstruct the quote, word-for-word- but I can certainly reconstruct his spirit/message:

Quote:
"Only Nature could construct something like this. Mankind isn't nearly sophisticated enough to engineer something like this in a lab. We are at least one, maybe two (human) generations removed from genetic engineering at this level. We simply don't yet know enough to be this good."

CoVID-19 is the latest version of SARS, MERS, Swine/Avian Influenza and Ebola. These viruses are jumping species at an unprecedented rate not because of some modern-day man-made mutation, but because it was bound to happen- as Mankind dug deeper into the Natural World in search of resources.

These viruses are infecting us with more frequency, because we are increasingly coming into contact with species/vectors who never before were coming into contact with Humans.

"Our Shrinking World" is now killing us, as Mankind expands his reach into new earthly realms.

This was not only predictable... it was already predicted, a decade ago.

When scientists are ignored, preventable mishap soon follows.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
"Our Shrinking World" is now killing us, as Mankind expands his reach into new earthly realms.

So............what can we do about it? I tried to talk about it on another thread or maybe this one......but, it was ignored.

Instead, we got the typical Trump is to blame for everything or those defending Trump.

So again, what can we do to stop this issue? I tried to post some ideas, but not one person commented on that. Freaking sheep get on my nerves and are nothing more than want to be pigs.

Yes, a Floyd reference. LOL

Legend
Legend
I'm not sure that there is anything we can do about it.

I've been railing against the tide of anti-intellectuallism we're now seeing for more than 40 years.

I am fresh out of ideas.
And I'm old AF.

I want someone else to grab the baton, and run the next leg of this relay race.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

"Our Shrinking World" is now killing us

No, it is adapting us and weeding us as it has for all of history.
This is nothing new, it's just new to us.

In a generation, maybe two at most, this will be just another cold. The incredibly large percentage of the population that doesn't get sick at all, and the second largest chunk that only gets mild cases will go on to create generations of people that are relatively unaffected by this one. And then the next one will come along.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

"Our Shrinking World" is now killing us

No, it is adapting us and weeding us as it has for all of history.
This is nothing new, it's just new to us.

In a generation, maybe two at most, this will be just another cold. The incredibly large percentage of the population that doesn't get sick at all, and the second largest chunk that only gets mild cases will go on to create generations of people that are relatively unaffected by this one. And then the next one will come along.

I hate to speak for Clem, but when he talks about a "shrinking world," I believe he is referring to how man has ravaged the planet and continues to invade our forests and jungles. As we continue this assault on nature, we are unleashing the pathogens from the animal kingdom that are known to spread infectious diseases to humans.

Think about it. We destroy their environment and we come into contact w/them as they search for new habitats. They carry the diseases and are then looking for a new host. We have become the host. I think the thought process is that we are not just dealing w/this particular virus, but instead new infectious diseases are going to continue to be unleashed across the globe.

Legend
Legend
I know exactly of what he speaks, and it's not killing us... well, it's not killing us off, which is how I read it.

Yes, some of us are dying, but the race is simply going to evolve from this as we have for all of history.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I know exactly of what he speaks, and it's not killing us... well, it's not killing us off, which is how I read it.

Yes, some of us are dying, but the race is simply going to evolve from this as we have for all of history.

Until we unleash the one that does kill us off. Or the one that mutates us.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/24/20 12:18 PM.

Legend
Legend
Well..... that's life. Literally.

Lots of species came and went before us... why would we be any different?

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Opposable thumbs, that's why we should be different. We aren't some rodent infestation rooting out grubs around the world. We are fully capable of understanding the impact of our actions.

Legend
Legend
and on some level, that could well be our undoing smile

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think unleashing infectious diseases onto the world is killing us off. Many experts predict that more and more of these viruses are going to occur due to man "shrinking the world."

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
There's worries that superbugs such as different viruses or bacteria may be contained in thawing permafrost.

This will be another issue sparked by climate change.

Legend
Legend
It shouldn't surprise anyone... that's been the case with pretty much every new area explored. Human history is a book of these events..... and yet, we march on.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think unleashing infectious diseases onto the world is killing us off. Many experts predict that more and more of these viruses are going to occur due to man "shrinking the world."

I feel the "shrinking world" comment pertains more to frequent international travel. With having a global economy and people having more expendable income, international travel has become more and more a common practice.

As such, viruses are certainly spread across the globe at an alarming rate compared to a century ago or even decades ago. If we look at covid 19 many people are asymptomatic and it can take weeks to actually show symptoms for those who do. As such, by the time it's diagnosed, it's already been exposed in nations all around the globe. I could certainly be mistaken but that's the way I took it.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I feel the "shrinking world" comment pertains more to frequent international travel. With having a global economy and people having more expendable income, international travel has become more and more a common practice.

As such, viruses are certainly spread across the globe at an alarming rate compared to a century ago or even decades ago. If we look at covid 19 many people are asymptomatic and it can take weeks to actually show symptoms for those who do. As such, by the time it's diagnosed, it's already been exposed in nations all around the globe. I could certainly be mistaken but that's the way I took it.

Pigs just flew.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That makes sense. I think it could be both.

I do know that most of these infectious diseases come from animals. We destroy their environments in the name of "progress." They need to find a new host. Thus, they come into contact w/more humans. Additionally, as you said, people travel more and that helps spread the diseases.

I think this is an important topic for world leaders t address. Some very intelligent people, as in scientists and doctors, are predicting the escalation of infectious diseases due to what we are doing to the environment.

Most of us are intelligent enough to know the importance of being clean and healthy. You sweat. So, you shower. You eat and sleep. So, you brush your teeth. Your hair gets oily. You wash it. You gain weight. You exercise and change your diet.

It's common sense.

I think that same common sense should be given to protecting the planet we live on. I am not a tree hugger or a crazed animal rights dude. But, I am intelligent enough to know that continuing to ravage our forests and jungles to make more money is only going to lead to more problems. The occurrence and spreading of infectious diseases is just one of those issues. The scary thing is that it is deadly.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Will they be giving you frequent flier miles for that?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Crap.............this is probably going to get dumb again. frown

P
Legend
Legend
P
Much like you I am not a tree hugger or a crazed animal rights dude.

But I do have grandchildren and at the rate man is raping our planet, my concern is about their future.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I just called. They said no, since it only happens once every 2, or 10 years - that I agree with you. I'll have to pay.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not going to help you trash another thread with your personal stalking mission. Have at it.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Uh............it was a joke.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Why scientists are suddenly more interested in the lab-leak theory of Covid's origin

Gottlieb says there's growing circumstantial evidence that Covid may have originated in a lab

A year ago suggesting this got you labeled as a nutjob conspiracy theorist. Now the experts(the people everyone said to trust) feel this warrants more investigation. I agree with Gottlieb that we'll probably never know for sure.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Ahhhh...so a year later we are now interested in reviewing it further.

Pretty convenient.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
It's unfortunate that the media and social media decided that they should be the ones to interpret science that their employees don't understand and label dissenting opinions as conspiracy theories. When they did that, a lot of scientists had to be very careful with what they said publicly because they have their reputations on the line and it could destroy their career to be labeled as a conspiracy theorists.

The evidence really hasn't changed a lot since last spring, but we are finally able to talk about it now. A few brave scientists spoke out early, but their findings/opinions were squashed/disregarded by the mainstream. Where papers like the "Pangolin Paper" were moved to print in a matter of weeks, despite lacking any chain of evidence, other papers that provided evidence of a lab origin were rejected outright by journals or held in preprint for over 6 months.

Recently, Science, the most prestigious scientific journal, published a letter calling for additional investigation into the lab leak theory.
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6543/694.1.full
Most notable among it's authors is Ralph Baric, who happens to the one of the top Caronavirus experts in the world and a collaborator with Shi Zhengli from the Wuhan Institute of Virology

That being said, there won't be any useful investigations carried out. Any evidence that could have implicated the WIV in either leaking or creating the virus has long since been destroyed. If evidence existed in nature, it would long since have been discovered. SARS and MERS origins evidence was found in a matter of months after a tiny fraction of the number of animal samples that have been taken for Covid.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Knowing how the Chinese operate, I'd be willing to bet they destroyed the evidence before the rest of the world even knew about COVID.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i thought we been established that china covered it up?

they had their incederaries going 24/7. i thought it was common knowledge they falsified their deaths and what caused it?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Squires
jc

Why scientists are suddenly more interested in the lab-leak theory of Covid's origin

Gottlieb says there's growing circumstantial evidence that Covid may have originated in a lab

A year ago suggesting this got you labeled as a nutjob conspiracy theorist. Now the experts(the people everyone said to trust) feel this warrants more investigation. I agree with Gottlieb that we'll probably never know for sure.

Growing circumstancial evidence?

There's concern grizly bears are attacking housewives at Yellowstone park,

Personally I've never seen or heard of Bears attacking Massai Warriors at Yellowstone Park but Massai Warriors are known to carry 8 foot long spears that they chuck at wildlife in the African wilds while protecting herds.

Yellowstone Housewives are known to carry Nikon Cameras and a sense of entitlement.

The Evidence is circumstancial, so no wonder Science can't catch on,
Aren't scientists grand.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think covid started here in North America. My theory is that it came from the drilling of oil sand and got sold and shipped to China by Koch Industries and accidentally released by the lab at the oil refinery in wuhan. And it was a fascist troglodyte ancestor of Donald J. Trump who put it there... smh

We all know it supposedly started in Wuhan, and it killed an ton of people there. And we also know how fast it spread among our own population in crowded cities and worked its way out to the rural towns and villages. Everybody in the world has had some sort of covid-19 experience, why would china be any different? Dictatorships are not going to admit loss or defeat by a virus! Look how our would-be dictator acted... So yes, I don't think China is telling the whole truth, but I also don't think it was intentional or an attack on us.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/30/21 01:42 AM.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Bad Science Part II: Covid-19 escaped from a lab!

Link Copied to Clipboard