Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: hitt
He's terrible, Mackey Award winner....stinks.....GO Browns!!!

I think most that complain and whine probably have no idea who the guy even is. They read a write up and find the cons and roll with them. This happens every year with every pick we take. Heck I remember people complaining that Garret was a bum his first year. Madden makes everyone think they know how to evaluate talent, it makes me laugh.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: dawg66
He's a good drive blocker but he needs to work on his pass blocking.

OK, but why in the heck are we going to use him as a pass blocker?

What kind of grades do QB's have at pass blocking?

What grade does Jarvis have as a pass blocker?

If you want a pass blocker in there, put a pass blocker in there! Scheesh!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Anyone who could "handle tOSU can't be too bad at blocking. And "sacrifices body out in space or coming across the formation." Never heard of him before today, but I'm mighty interested now.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 04/25/20 04:28 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Well occasionally TEs are asked to stay in and pass block, like in max protect situations.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well occasionally TEs are asked to stay in and pass block, like in max protect situations.

Absolutely, so I agree that there is room for improvent in that area of his game and perhaps add some good weight too.

But I like that he can help us in the early downs in the run game (RPO) in the 12 Personnel.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/25/20 04:58 PM.

[Linked Image]

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
I lke it. Light a fire under Njoku's #$%

Go Browns!

Last edited by FrankPitts; 04/25/20 07:56 PM.
B
Legend
Legend
B

OK, no argument.

Since it is an occasional deal, who really cares?

I can see him needing to be a fairly good run blocker. If we are passing the ball, he needs to be out on some route.

I can see using him for a chip block to keep the DE from being able to go wide and direct him in to your tackle.

Then get out there and catch the darn ball.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://mobile.twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1254180810468388864

There’s a nice breakdown of the importance of drafting Bryant .. nice insight IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E

We just invested in two OTs so that we have less of a need for a pass blocking TE...I think he can handle the chip block as he then runs his route!

I love the size of his hands - good run blocker and will be a nice addition to our run game.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Any chance this dude becomes our FB/H-back .... our version of Jurko in SF?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Any chance this dude becomes our FB/H-back .... our version of Jurko in SF?

No.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Doubtful - he's 6'5". Don't see him as a FB, that is for sure.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
I’m surprised he’s 6’5 ... on film he looks like 6’2 or so

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Make sure you're checking out the right guy. Some people confused our guy, Harrison Bryant, with UDFA Hunter Bryant. (who is only 6'2")

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Make sure you're checking out the right guy. Some people confused our guy, Harrison Bryant, with UDFA Hunter Bryant. (who is only 6'2")
hmm okay maybe thats the case thanks

D
Legend
Legend
D
Ty & cfrs ...

Bummer ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,
Harrison Bryant is a TE in the truest sense of the word/position.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Put him in the slot or on a wing. Some interesting stuff there. TE screen!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: eotab

We just invested in two OTs so that we have less of a need for a pass blocking TE...I think he can handle the chip block as he then runs his route!

I love the size of his hands - good run blocker and will be a nice addition to our run game.

jmho

Just for the record I had been looking at the wrong BRYANT...as there was another one that was 6'2"

But this kid Harrison was a Left Tackle prior to switching to TE. So he has the knowledge of blocking more than most TE's coming into the NFL as usually its guys coming in as TEs that make the switch to LT not the other way around.

What I'm saying is this kid understands the angles related to blocking and especially regarding the corner. I'm sure he will add some muscle over the next couple of years he has the frame to do so.

But he has the understanding which is more important. He can be your slot TE as well as the Y TE more so than Njoku.

We have a good competition between Harrison, Pharaoh Brown and Carlson I think two will stay as we will be carrying 4 TEs for the season.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

Every offensive play against Buckeyes

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Highlight film

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He’s certainly that team’s “queen” piece on the chess board ... I’ve seen him move all over the place from RB, FB, slot, and out wide

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

This could turn out to be one hell of a pick depending on how they plan to use dude ...

LETS GOOOOOOooooooooooo thumbsup

And depending on how motivated he is, how hard he works, and if the team sticks it out, not giving up on him too soon,
could be Mark Campbell, or could be Randall Telfer.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/28/20 01:51 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Browns_Daily
@Browns_Daily
New #Browns TE Harrison Bryant will wear number 88.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I hope they got Reggie Langhorne's blessings. grin

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
I hope they got Reggie Langhorne's blessings. grin

So you're just gonna ignore Frisman Jackson like he never happened?? tongue

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Rookie TE Harrison Bryant brings versatility needed to fit into Browns’ crowded offense -- Film review - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05...ilm-review.html

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Actually on that last run play on goal to go. I thought he made a great block sealing the edge. I don't know what this guy was talking about him getting moved back...He took the inside move and seal it as well as knocking the defender towards the middle utilizing the Defenders momentum and the RB had an EASY score. Not sure what this guy was talking about. Of course it will be nice and more than probable that HB will put on some muscle...almost all TEs do especially one who is 6'5" and built where he can add muscle as his body MATURES into a MAN!

Do I expect much from him as a rookie...nah I expect him to learn and next off season I expect a big time conditioning program to have him gain weight without slowing him down and in some cases like Seth Devalve that is exactly what happened and Bryant has a body to do it even better. I expect him to be around 260 by his 3rd season with us.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree, he won't see a whole lot of time. He is here to learn and take over when we dump Njoku next year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree, he won't see a whole lot of time. He is here to learn and take over when we dump Njoku next year.

Well we picked up his fifth-year option so it might have to be the year after that. Plus , Berry indicated Njoku is in the team's long term plans. That really doesn't mean much at this point as things can change, but "dumping him" doesn't see to be in the plans just yet.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
The 5th year option is likely as much a showing of faith as it is a hedging our bets. He just has to get serious about his hands and his blocking.... the rest of his game is solid.

If he makes the strides needed and becomes the professional that works to eliminate the holes in his game, we keep him. If he doesn't and blows off working on his blocking because he just wants to catch the ball, then we don't keep him.... probably find a trading partner that wants him and on a cheap 5th year rookie contract, we can get someone to pony up at least a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The 5th year option is likely as much a showing of faith as it is a hedging our bets.

No doubt.

Quote:
If he makes the strides needed and becomes the professional that works to eliminate the holes in his game, we keep him. If he doesn't and blows off working on his blocking because he just wants to catch the ball, then we don't keep him....

I don't disagree with this. Essentially, he is in their long-term plans/hopes until he isn't.

Tackles are tackles.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/C. I think we must remember when we selected Njoku he was the youngest player in the draft. He is still just 23 and will be in his 3rd offense. I believe he will be given ample opportunity to contribute. Our unstable organization is not his fault, I think he will be a good player in this league whether it is with us or someone else.

Legend
Legend
No, our organization is not his fault, but he owns working on the things he CAN control.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I agree, I think last year his injury was frustrating to him, and when the wheels fell off with Freddy it clearly made him look bad. As I said I think he will have an opportunity, and if he isn't part of our new style on offense we could probably move him for something. I believe he has a skill set to be very good in the League. He is still a very young player.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Potential and production are very different things- how many YEARS do you support potential...in a different occupation how many years do you wait on an employee to reach their top- couple months MAYBE....if David isn't good/very good...admit he's another first round bust and move on....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Well we picked up his fifth-year option so it might have to be the year after that. Plus , Berry indicated Njoku is in the team's long term plans. That really doesn't mean much at this point as things can change, but "dumping him" doesn't see to be in the plans just yet.

It all depends how he progresses (Njoku) If he comes back to form and provides a good high target for Baker in the Red Zone and he matures in his production as he still is a young player. If that happens (the positives) we have long term plans for him. If it doesn't we won't spend much money on him.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Agree, this new system will play well for our TE's. The FB will definitley help the TE's as far as Chipping and helping to block. Cant really think of anyone but Chubb who really progressed under last years system. I believe our young talents will have a better chance this year.

Legend
Legend

Studying Harrison Bryant's Florida Atlantic tape to get a feel for how he won at the college level from a variety of alignments with an expanded route tree. Also looking at his blocking in both phases and his areas to clean up in the NFL.

For more deep-dive analysis, join us at TheOBR where Bryant's Film Room recently posted tracking the All-22 over his Mackey Award winning season and has an abundance of clips providing more insights on his current level of ability.

READ BRYANT'S FILM ROOM: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-b...

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Studying Harrison Bryant's Florida Atlantic tape to get a feel for how he won at the college level from a variety of alignments with an expanded route tree. Also looking at his blocking in both phases and his areas to clean up in the NFL.

For more deep-dive analysis, join us at TheOBR where Bryant's Film Room recently posted tracking the All-22 over his Mackey Award winning season and has an abundance of clips providing more insights on his current level of ability.

READ BRYANT'S FILM ROOM: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-b...

This thumbnail makes Bryant look like a cam star.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU

Link Copied to Clipboard