Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
44.5" vertical...wow! Red Zone jump ball.
I’m shocked at his jumping numbers lol .. you cant get much higher than that with his size

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Another Robiskie or Massaqiou 2.0

Both of those guys were drafted in the second round.

Those where some ruff times for that position group ... from any perspective.

Glad those days are gone thumbsup

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
J/c

I like this pick more than I did any of the 4 or 5 WR’s we drafted when Sashi was running things ... dude was in a HORRIBLE SITUATION ...

Anyone know if he can catch? .. no clue about his hands .. Ricardo Louis has scarred me for life .. *L* ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
J/c

I like this pick more than I did any of the 4 or 5 WR’s we drafted when Sashi was running things ... dude was in a HORRIBLE SITUATION ...

Anyone know if he can catch? .. no clue about his hands .. Ricardo Louis has scarred me for life .. *L* ...

Hands are good, but he doesn't always snatch the ball and lets it get into his body ... but he is no Greg Little bro...

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cle23
DPJ will take over as our punt and kick returner pretty early I'd bet.

Absolutley we need that ..

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Ty sir ...

Palms up guy ... wink ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ty sir ...

thumbsup

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ty sir ...

Quincy....in a horrible youth accident he lost both thumbs.

Think about that. The guy overcame and became a receiver with no thumbs.

You try to do that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Ty sir ...

You try to do that.

Who?

What?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quincy Morgan had no thumbs? That explains a lot.

Legend
Legend
I never saw Quincy Morgan make a clean catch with his fingertips

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O H !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ty sir ...

You try to do that.

shennanigans https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPPS-Quincy-Mo...s-/153096220806

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is a great pick. Freak athlete that testing off the charts at the combine.

Probably had the worst power 5 QB's I have ever seen during his career.

KJ Hill sucks, don't understand the love.

This was a good pick on athleticism alone.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Donovan Peoples-Jones: ‘I Never Really Imagined This’

Chris Balas • TheWolverine
Senior Editor

The “best pick of the sixth round” is how ESPN.com’s Matt Bowen characterized Donovan Peoples-Jones to the Cleveland Browns, and it’s hard to argue that it looks like a steal … at least on paper. Peoples-Jones’ productivity never matched the hype in Ann Arbor, but his combine numbers and athleticism were never in question.

His next step is to put it all together on the football field. He “just needed one chance,” he said, and he thanked the Browns for giving it to him. He expects to make an early impact as the No. 3 receiver behind Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry and also to return punts and/or kicks.

"I am very excited … it is great because I actually got a chance to meet both [Beckham and Landry],” Peoples-Jones told reporters in a conference call. “I was getting some tips from Jarvis while I was down in Florida training for the NFL Combine. Me and him have started to develop our relationship. Those guys are Pro Bowl guys. I just can't wait to learn from them.

"I am so ready. There is going to be a lot of work put in before that, but I am so ready, and I am blessed with this opportunity."

Peoples-Jones caught passes from quarterback Shea Patterson in two of his three years, but he was asked if playing with “multiple” quarterbacks at Michigan was tough. He also bristled at the suggestion that he might have underachieved in Ann Arbor.

"It was challenging, but I think it made me better,” he said. “I was able to adjust. I think I am ready for whatever adjustment comes in my future. I am blessed to go through everything that I went through.

“[But] I do not think that is a fair criticism. I did what I could when I had the opportunity. It honestly does not matter now. I am looking at how to get better. I am looking to do everything I can for the Browns offense and the team in general."

Waiting until day three and the sixth round to be selected when many projected him as a first- or second-day pick was tough, he continued.

"I never really imagined this, but I am so blessed and so grateful that the Browns selected me and believe in me,” he said, insistent he’d remember the long list of receivers taken before him. "Personally, I love competition. Personally, I rise when the competition rises.

"I am not even one to speak on [his place among other receivers taken earlier]. I think that the rankings will reveal itself in the next couple years. I am blessed to be part of this organization, and I am blessed to get a chance. I don't feel like I started [fully showing my potential] personally, but I have upped my training. I feel like I'm ready, and I feel like it is going to be a great next couple years."

Late in the draft, Bowen noted, teams are targeting traits, and Peoples-Jones checked the boxes.

“At 6-2 and 212 pounds, with 4.48 speed and a 44.5-inch vertical jump, the Michigan product has excellent size and athleticism,” he said. “Special teams value will play a role as he competes for snaps at wide receiver in the Cleveland offense.”

And he’s excited to get started, though admittedly surprised the Browns were the team that ultimately selected him.

“I did talk to them a little bit at the combine and felt really good about them. It is a blessing,” he said. “I'm just glad they circled back and remembered me.

"I'm so excited to play with players like Baker [Mayfield], Odell and Jarvis. They are really good players, and I think that I can come in and soak up a lot information from them and really take it all in. I'm really excited."

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michiga...his-?yptr=yahoo

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend

B
Legend
Legend
B
The guy is a steal. Might be a HOF type steal.

Just wait and see.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Another Robiskie or Massaqiou 2.0

Not even close:
Amazing vertical leap, good hands and don't forget we got an excellent WR coach and two veteran WRs to mentor him.

Without a doubt by far the BPA when we picked. This kid had 2nd round talent that we got in the 6th. Yes he will have to work hard but if he does the Reward is great, The risk??? a 6th round pick on an already talented team. Good pick and this is what I was saying that you can get a good WR anywhere in the draft. I think we got the best Bang for the Buck!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Just wait and see.

I will. Hopefully you're right.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Just wait and see.

I will. Hopefully you're right.

I concur. I would love to see him use that chip on his shoulder to be our #3.

I doubt we will even run many 4 WR or 5 WR sets this year.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Urban Meyer seems to think he has top 10 type of talent ... which would be a pretty nice addition

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree. He has all the tools and a good attitude. He also has good mentors in JL and OBJ. With all that he can be as good as he wants to be. JMO

C
Legend
Legend
C

Just wait and see.

This is the kiss of death.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Just wait and see.

This is the kiss of death.

Pour a little out for Scooby Wright, Tim Tebow and JFF.

M
Legend
Legend
M

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the Jones pick was great value as far as talent is concerned. In the late rounds draft the talent and then see if it can be coached up. Just look at his combine. He did some special things. He could be a red zone threat. He could be a punt returner. He could also if he improves some day be a starting wide receiver.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Haha or Joe Echemandu or whatever

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Urban Meyer seems to think he has top 10 type of talent ... which would be a pretty nice addition

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Is that number a typo? Wasn't this the "hard ball" "jump ball" quality we chose Edwards for/

Deja vu all over again. Depends on the refs *L*

Welcome. Win.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Get this kid the ball in space and watch him go. Great pick in the 6th round.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes I am so glad Harbaugh didn't know how to use him because he was scary good even against Ohio States Secondary ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Yeah he was ... you can tell Urban wanted to say that but didnt haha

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he could potentially be a Josh Cribbs type (maybe not quite on his level) special teamer. Not Travis benjamin super fast, but has savvy and toughness. Has experience returning and the body type to cover. Plus, he has upside at WR. In the 6th round, I'm not sure what more people expect. If he was a perfect prospect, he would have gone sooner. He had to deal with subpar QB play and a run heavy offense. Maybe like Burrow did at LSU, he'll flourish in a new scheme.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Something seems different about Urban Meyer in that video. Can't quite put my finger on it...

Legend
Legend
I’m really happy with this pick. He has all the measurable characteristics you would want. From what I have seen he also has the hands. The lack of production from his college days may have had something to do with scheme and QB play. If not we only spent a 6th on him.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Nico Collins is the WR from Michigan to watch next year...DPJ is a very talented WR whom I'm glad we were able to get so late into the draft.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sounds like he's a risk to be a big 'meh', but I'd say late rounds is a perfect place to roll the dice.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Only if he can beat out JoJo Natson.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Only if he can beat out JoJo Natson.

I love his fries.

We have all summer for that battle to take place..... if there are mini-camps, that is. It's going to be a long, boring summer with not much to talk about if they end up not having camps.

Might have to set up a quarantine situation where all the guys come live in Berea and have zero outside contact or something? But, if they don't do it for everyone, would it even matter? How the heck do you hold camps in the current world?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
OK QB's you line up over there

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich

Link Copied to Clipboard