Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd take what Urban is saying with a grain of salt. He is absolutely throwing knives at the school up north.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)
Quez Watkins, Southern Mississippi

James Proche, Southern Methodist

Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

Dezmon Patmon, Washington State

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

Jauan Jennings, Tennessee

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
You mean we had another shot at a guy named Cleveland!? Dangit!!!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
You mean we had another shot at a guy named Cleveland!? Dangit!!!

I know, right! brownie

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Donovan Peoples-Jones has 80-1 odds to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Not bad for a sixth round pick!
https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1254780490680164363

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Donovan Peoples-Jones has 80-1 odds to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Not bad for a sixth round pick!
https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1254780490680164363
wow, thats actually good odds lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's watch this kid and KJ Hill over the next couple of years .. The Raven's are really terrible at Drafting Defensive players also.. ( Think Harrison ) .. Track Davis and Chin at Safety also..

Legend
Legend

Just finished watching tape on this young man.

Frankly some of the stuff I read on his thread from this Board; I don't get.

IMO if "PJ" would have gone to a school with a QB and a system fit to his skills. He would not be taken in the sixth. You would be lucky to get him in the second.

What is not to like. He has size. He catches the ball. He is a good returner. So he is elusive. He can jump.

If the offense you play for has a poor qb and does not have a feature pass game. What can a player do?

He will have to learn how to run a NFL route tree. He will have to learn about blocking downfield. Those skills can be taught.

You can't teach his measureables.

Playing with Landry and Odell will take this kid a long way in learning about preparation.

I have no idea why he was there in the sixth round.

But I think the Browns were very fortunate to get him.

It may take next season to learn but he has great potential. I think right off he will really help special teams.

Legend
Legend
I like the pick but for his three year career he only had 102 receptions for 1327 yards. That is an underwhelming production total for a guy with his skill set. I think a lot of that has to do with his QB and the fact Michigan likes to run.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sounds like we basically committed robbery in the 6th.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
lol

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Sounds like we basically committed robbery in the 6th.

Hope so. fingerscrossed

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think he will be good.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Seems like a pretty decisive, downhill runner on returns, like Cribbs was. Hopefully he can be that in the NFL. Also positions and turns himself well on back shoulder throws.

I do worry about his production but seems like a decent 6th round pick.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I can't believe I'm saying this about a Browns roster, but he probably came to a great place. OBJ and Landry will keep him from being pressed into action too soon, and he can learn from them. Landry, in particular, seemed to be one to try to take promising young WRs under his wing.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
With Stefanski's penchant for using 12, 13, 21, and even 22 personnel groups, the 3rd WR on the field may be more rumor than reality this coming season.

We'll probably carry only 4 or 5 WR on the final roster .... with maybe 4 TE, 3 RB, and a FB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I agree Y town ... I can see 5 WR being kept, 4 TE, 3 RB and a FB

The ideal WR room: OBJ, Landry, Higgins, DPJ, and whichever guy we deem most versatile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I am starting to doubt that we will bring Higgins back. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see them investing in a guy who would be on the field only very rarely.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I am starting to doubt that we will bring Higgins back. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see them investing in a guy who would be on the field only very rarely.
The longer it goes, the more I think he’ll be back. He doesn’t seem to have much interest elsewhere and his price tag will be where we want it IMO.

But, I can see where we just say thanks but no thanks too

O
Legend
Legend
O
I could see Berry/Stefanski telling him to be ready in case Stefanski isn't liking what he sees out of the back-end guys still on the roster (Ratley, etc) during camp/TC.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C

I think the Higgins ship us sailed.

C
Legend
Legend
C
With Stefanski's penchant for using 12, 13, 21, and even 22 personnel groups, the 3rd WR on the field may be more rumor than reality this coming season.

We'll probably carry only 4 or 5 WR on the final roster .... with maybe 4 TE, 3 RB, and a FB.

Our third wide receiver, right now, is very important because of the injuries to Landry and OBJ.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I agree Y town ... I can see 5 WR being kept, 4 TE, 3 RB and a FB

The ideal WR room: OBJ, Landry, Higgins, DPJ, and whichever guy we deem most versatile

That would be Hodge who is also a good STs' Gunner...

...but Higs is no longer here, so the battle will be for the remaining roster spot.
(I was impressed with Montgomery last summer.)

Oh! And don't be surprised to see an equal number of TEs' make the final roster.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/28/20 01:56 PM.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Dumb ass.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dumb ass.

No, you nailed it. The Higgins ship sailed around Lake Erie and came back to where it started.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I am happy to be wrong. laugh

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Dumb ass.

No, you nailed it. The Higgins ship sailed around Lake Erie and came back to where it started.

this. is. hilarious.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
E
Legend
Legend
E
keep in mind although on this board he is not thought of much but Njoku, who we just signed his extension is virtually a WR with the moniker of TE.

We have Austin Hooper or the Rookie Bryant and possibly Brown or Carlson (Harrison...lol) as our traditional Y TE. But unless its a definite passing down we will not find Njoku lined up as our Y TE.

So right now I view our starting WRs as Landry, OBJ and Njoku...what we do from there I don't know. They seem to like Ratley, Montgomery and Hodges from our current roster. So DPJ will have to compete with those 3 for a roster spot. Not sure if we will carry 3 RBs if we carry a FB.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sad realization: Higgins is the first wide receiver we drafted who we also resigned.

Edit: since the return

Last edited by dawglover05; 04/29/20 12:41 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It has to start sometime. Let's hope it's the first of many.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Legend
Legend
B

Four TE's seems like a lot, but if we play 2 half the time, maybe not. I know we drafted a good looking prospect, and I know Hooper is a good player. I also like that kid from last year, Carlson I believe. For a big guy, he made a petty darn athletic catch for a TD. Don't close your eyes on that kid.

Njoku? More hype than substance IMO. This is a big year for him. He looks the part no doubt. He just can't seem to figure it out.

Funny how life works. I have the eye and mind of a tiger, but, the body more like, I don't know, maybe a anteater?

Njoku has the body of a tiger, but he thinks like a anteater.

God has a sense of humor. Possibly even a little warped. Well, I guess not that. S/He is trying to teach us lessons.

I say S/He because God can be anything. If you don't treat women properly, God is going to be a woman. Maybe pretty, maybe like that 63 year old 2nd grade teacher you hated. If you don't like men, God is going to be a man sitting there like a father getting ready to spank one of his children. We've all seen that look, fathers are the end game punishers. You didn't want Mom sending you to Dad. If you don't like black people, God is going to look like coal. If you don't like white people, God is going to be the whitest albino you have ever seen.

God is anything S/He wants to be at any given moment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Sad realization: Higgins is the first wide receiver we drafted who we also resigned.

It actually defines the total incompetence of our GM/Personnel/Coaches involved with the draft and building our team. Cause since 1999 we invested in overall picks:
#32, #32, #79, #33, #47, #3, #78, 36, 50, 59, 100, 15,
these are all the top 100 picks we invested in WR over the years.

On WR and only #172 in the 5th round was worthy to sign to a 2nd contract and that is just a one year signing.

So this 2020 class was a very strong WR class 17 in the top 100 picks. One of the best and its the kind of draft that you can get a starter anywhere in this draft. Including #187.

So it seems that competition is wide open for WRs 3 on I still say if healthy Njoku is the 3rd WR even though he has the moniker of TE. I think DPJ will get a free ride this year unless he proves to be totally inept. Rookies usually get that free ride when competition is close.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is false, we resigned Dennis Northcutt.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawg66

That is false, we resigned Dennis Northcutt.

This appears to be true. Everything is a lie.

Legend
Legend
Ah yes, Cutt baby

O
Legend
Legend
O
Ok... so only 1. Still sad.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)
Quez Watkins, Southern Mississippi

James Proche, Southern Methodist

Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

Dezmon Patmon, Washington State

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

Jauan Jennings, Tennessee

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida

Only 1 or 2 of these guys make a roster.

I feel confident that DPJ will make the roster. I also think he has a good support structure and something to prove.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
I think you’re right. Proche and KJ Hill probably as well, but I think DPJ is as good a bet as any

L
Legend
Legend
L
We won’t have to rush him, either. We have enough talented vets to ease his workload in his rookie year.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich

Link Copied to Clipboard