Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,891
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,891
Here's guessing that viewers might be "tuning out" to all of the recent basketball/baseball/football reruns of sporting events from years past that have been on sports channels the past weeks since the covid thing hit.

Get the popcorn ready....!!!!

All I can really say is.....



12p.......2018 Weightlifting. Worlds strongest man attempts deadlift of 501kg(1105 lbs).

1p........2006 World Arm Wrestling Championship(John Brzenk dominates 243+ lb division).

1:30p.....2006 World Hamburger Eating Championship

3:30p.....2018 Nintendo Tetris World Championship.(Jonas Neubauer featured).

4:00p.....2019 Golden Tee World Championship.
Hard hitting moments/nail-biting final matches.

4:30p.....51st "stone skipping competition".

5:30p.....46th Annual Cherry Pit Spitting competition held in Michigan.

6:00p.....Dodge Juggle 3. Five jugglers running whilst people throw dodgeballs at them to make them slip/fall.

7:00p.....National Putt Putt championship. 100g's up for grabs.

7:30p.....Stupid Robot Fighting(life-size hanging puppets each controlled by an operator behind each robot.

8:00p.....12th Annual World Sign Spinning Championship.

8:30p.....Jellies Marble Runs. Highlights of of the 2019 championships of marble racing.

9:00p.....Lawn Mower Racing. Includes ATPA truck/tractor racing, NIRA import racing and cars with jet engines.

9:30p.....Slippery Stairs. 5 men and women compete against slippery obstacles to race to the top of multiple flights of stairs.

10:00p....2019 Death Diving World Championship.





Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
THE OCHO!

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
Death Diving is incredible.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
It’s a bold move, Cotton.


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
HEY where's the fat man belly smacker off the high dive competition?


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,979
T
Legend
Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,979
Are any of those real?

I felt they all were except 8 pm, sign spinning
and round midnight " death diving competition:

Actually, think of it,

Truck and Tractor Pulls should be able to be ran without ANY worry of social distancing violations,

and drag racing for that matter too.

NHRA God Bless the USA

John Force is a real American story,

Someone told me 20 years ago, hey watch he's going to crash, he's crashed the last 11 times, and sure enough he did, but he had the most animated post crash interview,

and next time I look, years later, he's got championships and daughters racing along side him, and he's jumping in the stands running around, waving his helmet in celebration.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,483
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,483
7:30p.....Stupid Robot Fighting(life-size hanging puppets each controlled by an operator behind each robot.

ooo


Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903


[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
For those more into rally car racing...


[Linked Image]
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
1
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
1
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Death Diving is incredible.


It's made me laugh harder than anything in the last few years! Hilarious!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
I actually watched marble racing a few weeks ago and found it riveting haha


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870


You know my love will Not Fade Away.........


#gmSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870


You know my love will Not Fade Away.........


#gmSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Well, I know which channel I'm watching today.

This is what it has come to ...in Quarantine.


No Craps Given
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,960
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,960
The Tetris Championship was intense.


President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048
I can't wait for Granny Bingo Face Off Death Match. Next on ESPN and ESPN 2.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
You made me google this to check if this was truly a thing.

I'm disappointed, YTown. Now you must make this happen when it's safe for us to be around people again.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
The Tetris Championship was intense.
lol i love Tetris


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
I have goose bumps at the thought of watching the Pong World Championship.



I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048
Forget the rats ..... race the goldfish. wink

(Yes, it's a real thing too) rofl


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,596
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,596
j/c

This reminds me of the type of programming they had when they first started. They had very little money and couldn't compete with the big TV networks with any major sports or sports events.

Some of the things they covered back in the early 80's was hilarious.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,380
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,380
Hue was busy. Fan favorite to kill this event!

I, for one, would watch that! LOLetc.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,635
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,635
Listening to that guy screaming in the background, I was ready to deadlift 1k.


"FIALURE IS NOT AN OPTION...!"

-mac
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

This reminds me of the type of programming they had when they first started. They had very little money and couldn't compete with the big TV networks with any major sports or sports events.

Some of the things they covered back in the early 80's was hilarious.


I know, I turned on ESPN around midnight early in their creation and they just had two dudes playing catch for 30 minutes. I still watched the whole thing.

- old joke


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,479
j/c

I see that ESPN has acquired the rights to show Korean baseball (opening day is tomorrow) ... games will be played at midnight and 5 am haha


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,048





Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903


[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
I think I’ll go wax my truck, again.


#GMSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,979
T
Legend
Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,979
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c

I see that ESPN has acquired the rights to show Korean baseball (opening day is tomorrow) ... games will be played at midnight and 5 am haha


I feel it would be Un-American to watch Korean baseball while MLB is shut down for this reason.

But I didn't watch any MLB for the last 18 years.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum ESPN "Pullin out all the stops" today(Sat)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5