Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
So far, science and facts have brought us BS lists of millions who would die and 2 treatments that only work sometimes.

You gonna be in that basement a long long long time.

When the factless work to sabotage science at every level this tends to happen. And a basement is better than a coffin. But you do you there pal, go dance naked with your denier buddies and howl at the moon for all I care. Just one step closer to herd immunity for everyone of you who contract it...

Meanwhile, I'll continue to go about my business and take any precautions I can to keep me and mine as safe as possible.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/11/20 02:01 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I practice social distancing, wear a mask and wash my hands.

We went out for the day and it took 3 stops to finally pick a grocery store where people were wearing masks and practicing social distancing but we finally found one.

We went to a bakery known for their cookies. Everyone there wore masks and they had the line marked off at 6 foot intervals for us to stand. No one touched anything, ever. Not the customers, not the workers.

So, going out in the world is no longer the threat it was. Using your head, being aware and practicing safety works just fine.

O
Legend
Legend
O
lol

I've been out 2 or more times a week since this began. I too have practiced distancing, wearing masks, and trying to lead a life during this... smh

Did you think I was hold up in my bunker? lol.

The idiocy I have observed in public has been shared in several posts. I don't know how you could have missed that. I even shared my experience at the ER during this... bet you haven't gone to a hospital ER, lol.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/11/20 02:27 PM.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You obviously don't live in Tennessee. There are more people walking around without masks than with them. And the cases keep rising while the state is opening.

The CDC set realistic guidelines for opening states. But Trump buried and ignored them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh look, common ground.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Oh look, you aren't attacking the very thing we need to defeat Trump!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't mistake questioning, doubting, and disliking for attacking. You've seen what my attacks look like.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/11/20 02:33 PM.

Legend
Legend
If you were honest with OCD, you would tell him, as a Nation, trying to hide from a virus is useless and temporary at best.

And do you really think running into it with your hair on fire is the best option?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
If you were honest with OCD, you would tell him, as a Nation, trying to hide from a virus is useless and temporary at best.

And do you really think running into it with your hair on fire is the best option?

Practice social distancing, mask, hand washing and you can walk with it.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Fire kills most bacteria. smile nanner

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Yes, I realize that this morning.

Shame on me.

Note to self... No more posting after kicking a 40 of Miller.

A bigger shame on you for drinking Miller.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
It was all they had and some guy without a mask was approaching so it had to do.

The label said it's "The Champion of Beers!"

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/11/20 03:39 PM.
Legend
Legend
To return to your stat, I retract my "completely useless" statement.
It IS valuable when you want to compare different populations. So, if you wanted to see if the USA was experiencing hospitalizations at a higher or lower rate than Italy, Brazil, or Sweden, then you can look at those per capita numbers and get a gauge of things Also, because they change with time as the cumulative totals go up, you can make comparisons on a timeline... ex: compare our cases and hospitalizations to other countries based on 50 days after first reported case, or 30 days after hitting 100 cases. It gives you a means of normalizing your views of comparative data.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
So are you saying that posting after downing a 40 is still ok?

A
Legend
Legend
A

I think it's encouraged, based on the posts I read on here.

Legend
Legend
rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was all they had and some guy without a mask was approaching so it had to do.

The label said it's "The Champion of Beers!"

Champagne not Champion, unless you have had too many...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Yea, read it after it was empty. Then I posted.

Shame.

O
Legend
Legend
O

So you drink miller 40s and don't live in a trailer park? gmab wink #daytrader...right

Legend
Legend
But it had my name on it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a German jackboot in EU size 40 for you to sip out of...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a German jackboot in EU size 40 for you to sip out of...

You mean 1.2 liter jackboot?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
jc

just to be clear, explosive diarrhea is NOT symptom of covid, correct?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Crappy situation, but not a symptom that I'm aware of... hope you found plenty of TP. wink Feel better bro.

Legend
Legend
actually, diarrhea IS a rare symptom.

It's actually the first symptom for some people.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-diarrhea-symptoms.html

Browns is the Browns

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I really feel like somewhere he's advising Trump.

Legend
Legend
I miss that guy.

Browns is the Browns

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Despite our disagreements on the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about covid, I'm glad we can agree on this.

tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I really feel like somewhere he's advising Trump.

Every time is see President Corona, I think about this guy.

We all laughed at him at that time... now he is President.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/13/21248157/testing-quarantine-masks-stimulus

Interesting article.

The title is:
Experts’ 7 best ideas on how to beat Covid-19 and save the economy

It doesn't copy and paste well because numerous captions from photos get incorporated into the test when I try and it makes it very confusing to read. I tried to delete them out but even having read the article I had trouble following what was needed and what should be deteted.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Because China took the virus seriously. If there had been lockdown protesters they'd be in a gulag right now. They didn’t have snowflakes demanding their tips get frosted. The government of China locked everyone down. Delivered food. Made mask wearing mandatory. The Chinese people complied. They smashed their curve and can now resume living.
We have idiots in riot gear calling it a hoax still, while wearing masks... that they refuse to wear to the store... because liberty!!
We’re way behind where China is in all this.

Yes, I think it's great that the country that tried for so long to cover the whole thing up.. and, while they were trying to cover it up, allowed it to spread all over the world.. finally used their total authoritarian rule to lock down it's subjects through threat of imprisonment.. this is absolutely a model we should emulate, I can't see what could possibly go wrong with that.

Maybe one day MY GRANDCHILD can be the brave kid who stares down a tank on Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House. I would be so proud.

And this is all predicated on the fact that you first have to believe that the numbers out of China are true.. which is a leap of faith I'm not prepared to make...

Quote:
They didn’t have snowflakes demanding their tips get frosted.

Not one person I know, regardless of what a couple women had painted on their signs at protests, has been worried about getting a [censored] haircut. 36 million unemployed, over 100,000 small businesses closed, and the left keeps using this gahtdamn haircut thing like it proves some intellectual superiority... While the overwhelming number of cases and deaths continue to be in blue states... Democrat governors failed and they failed historically.. but let's keep pointing and mocking the people who want a haircut...

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I won't argue the fist part of your last post, but the last part with your rant is basically BS.

First you said nobody has said they wanted a haircut or their hair done. There have been way more than one say it, I've seen several post it on social media and heard it in videos. Here's a clip of one of them at 33 seconds in:

Then you throw the unemployed in his face as if dems somehow caused that! Crap ass emergency management and preparedness lands squarely on Trump DC, and you know a pandemic is a federal level crisis and not something that should have ever been pushed over to individual States! And Dem cities, which don't really exist because there is more than one republican in every one of them, are also international travel and commerce hubs and or very large centers of population! While GOPers have these too, and they are also struggling, most of majority republican territory is rural.

As for the 100k small businesses, with 86,912 total US dead from COVID-19 as of today, and knowing that all sides agree that the shut down and distancing at worst seemingly slowed the spread and flattened the curves, and also agreeing that opening back up is going to add to the body count at an increased rate, how many bodies should we allow for each small business to get the economy going? Do you think that's a number Trump will be willing to take responsibility for? Are you going to take responsibility for those deaths? If not, then you are only parroting Trump talking points and ranting.

And I really don't think Dem Governors have failed at all! Especially after Trump abandoned them and turned on them just like he did the kurds in Syria. With all the hurdles, misinformation, and ridiculous antics due to Trump's inept leadership and dereliction of duty, they have all managed remarkably.

Maybe you need a haircut...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/15/20 01:09 AM.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I won't argue the fist part of your last post, but the last part with your rant is basically BS.

First you said nobody has said they wanted a haircut or their hair done. There have been way more than one say it, I've seen several post it on social media and heard it in videos. Here's a clip of one of them at 33 seconds in:

Actually he said "HE didn't know anyone....WORRIED about getting a haircut." catfight

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/coronavirus-barber-lockdown-new-york-085122449.html

Posting from my phone so too difficult to copy and paste the article itself

Last edited by Jester; 05/15/20 07:58 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

"Getting a haircut" has become a metaphor for opening the economy.. it's not that hard to understand.

Quote:
Then you throw the unemployed in his face as if dems somehow caused that!

No, dems didn't cause it. Fear mongering and demanding we listen to scientists who have been wrong more frequently than they have been right caused it by bullying states into shutting down even when they didn't have to.

Quote:
Crap ass emergency management and preparedness lands squarely on Trump DC, and you know a pandemic is a federal level crisis and not something that should have ever been pushed over to individual States!

If somehow 80% of the deaths were in red states and 20% in blue states, I have a feeling your opinion on that would change.

Quote:
And Dem cities, which don't really exist because there is more than one republican in every one of them, are also international travel and commerce hubs and or very large centers of population!

Most of those cities have dem mayors, dem governors, dem legislatures.. and the dems could have shut those down.. remember, way back long ago when everybody but Trump apparently knew this was a crisis... when local dems on the ground in these places had full authority to shut down and control the spread and they all failed? I remember that. They are now hammering Trump in hindsite for their own failure and their chorus is singing their excuses and their praises for yelling at Trump.. when it was their own failure.

See, the difference between you and me is that you are an ideolog... you think that in hammering Trump you are hammering me.. I don't give a crap about Trump, Trump has failed on a number of different levels and I can willingly admit that.. not the least of his failures has been his buffooning tweeting and inability to invoke any sense of confidence that our government has this under control and his tweets which emboldened people to NOT listen to stay-at-home orders, which should have last just a few weeks... not months and months. You, on the other hand, can't bring yourself to acknowledge what epic failures so many of the democrats have been from congress on down to the state and local level... failures, big time, hypocritical, failures.

Quote:
As for the 100k small businesses, with 86,912 total US dead from COVID-19 as of today, and knowing that all sides agree that the shut down and distancing at worst seemingly slowed the spread and flattened the curves, and also agreeing that opening back up is going to add to the body count at an increased rate, how many bodies should we allow for each small business to get the economy going? Do you think that's a number Trump will be willing to take responsibility for? Are you going to take responsibility for those deaths? If not, then you are only parroting Trump talking points and ranting.

So if the curve is flattened then why should we not be opening back up? I made a big long rant on this board somewhere about moving goal posts.. I'll have to go find it and see if anybody responded.. Over 2 weeks ago, Time ran an article stating that most states had flattened the curve then added, "Next up is squashing it".. that wasn't part of the deal.

Go find me the article from March that says if we do this stay-at-home thing... we will not reopen until there isn't a chance that anybody else might get the virus.. go find it for me.

Quote:
And I really don't think Dem Governors have failed at all! Especially after Trump abandoned them and turned on them

Of course you don't because you are a democrat, non-thinking, apologist who would do some serious mental gymnastics to avoid putting any level of responsibility of democrats and will twist and contort to make everything Trumps fault because that is what suits your political agenda... you are similar in style to all of those democrats I see on Twitter who are outspokenly HOPING for outbreaks in red states that are starting to open up because in the end, it's not about the lives lost, it's about which lives are lost... all one has to do is watch the liberal media.. let me recap for you:

If there is a bit of a spike in a red state its the fault of a malevolent governor and the redneck hicks that elected him/her and their failure to follow simple rules. Basically they are getting what they deserve.

If there is a spike in a blue state, it is largely the fault of population density, and sad as it may be, there is nothing the state and local politicians could have done about it.. and isn't this really all Donald Trumps fault anyway.

And that is your objective media reporting.

Quote:
Maybe you need a haircut...

I may need a lot of things.. a haircut isn't one of them.. my hair isn't in my eyes blinding me to what is really going on.

yebat' Putin
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well over 80,000 dead and you are talking about fear mongering? Demanding we listen to scientists who are actually experts on infectious disease?

Oh the humanity. We can't have that. Ignore the corpses and the experts. March on!

You used to be smarter than this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You posted it in the Coronavirus poll thread.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Spot the Difference: Two governors reopened their states, but only one was accused of ‘human sacrifice’

The governors of Georgia and Colorado have at least one thing in common. They both took steps to reopen their states' economies in late April amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. But for some reason, the media's coverage of Gov. Brian Kemp (R., Ga.) has been slightly different from the media's coverage of Gov. Jared Polis (D., Colo.).

Kemp, for example, has been accused of experimenting with "human sacrifice." So reads the headline of an April 29 article published in the Atlantic, which accuses Kemp of turning Georgia residents into "unwilling canaries in an invisible coal mine, sent to find out just how many individuals need to lose their job or their life for a state to work through a plague."

In a brief aside, the article acknowledges that some other states, including Colorado, "have already put similar plans in motion." Polis, for some reason, is not identified as an accomplice in Kemp's murder scheme.

When Kemp announced his plan to gradually reopen some Georgia businesses, former National Journal editor Ron Fournier echoed the sentiment of many media pundits when he wrote on Twitter: "Mark this day. Because two and three weeks from now, the Georgia death toll is blood on his hands. And as Georgians move around the country, they’ll spread more death and economic destruction." Fournier hasn't tweeted about Colorado in years.

The media have only managed to confuse themselves in attempting to portray the reopening of state economies as a partisan issue. "Republicans are reopening. Why is Democratic Gov. Polis doing the same in Colorado?" reads the headline from one NBC News article published in early May.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/spot-th...human-sacrifice

Legend
Legend
Ok this is not directed at you 40. This is directed at EVERYBODY. Just to show y'all how stupid and selfish folks can be. My Nephew is fighting cancer at 4 years old. Ohio has not mandated masks for everybody., and I have heard so many people wine and complain that their poor ass has to wear a mask. Never mind the fact that they could kill this poor kid just because they are to lazy and stupid to wear a mask.

Y'all just keep wining about how tough it is top wear a mask, and social distance just because it makes you feel a tad bit uncomfortable. Just look in the mirror and realize YOU could be the reason that kids, parents, and grandparents die just because your ass is so lazy. I am so ashamed by so many of you.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I wear a mask, always.
I wash my hands, a lot.
I maintain 6 feet of social distancing, always.
I will begin praying for your nephew, constantly.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Wars 2020 The Wrath of Stupidity

Link Copied to Clipboard