M
Legend
Legend
M
Love it.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Good idea by Hooper ... he cited his chemistry w/Matt Ryan as his biggest reason for success

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Glad Hooper is there. He really needs to develop that chemistry. Really hoping Odell and Baker make it a point to work together in the offseason. I know Odell likes to do his own thing, but the lack of chemistry between the two was readily apparent last year.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Glad Hooper is there. He really needs to develop that chemistry. Really hoping Odell and Baker make it a point to work together in the offseason. I know Odell likes to do his own thing, but the lack of chemistry between the two was readily apparent last year.

They worked together last off-season too.

OBJ and Landry aren’t attending because they are rehabbing injuries.

V
Legend
Legend
V
They threw the ball around for one day. It was more of just getting to see one another rather than texting. That's according to Njoku.

Better clarify: I'm talking about last year.

Very glad to see that the guys are going to work out this year.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 05/14/20 10:10 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Good. Most importantly, it will allow them to bond and develop a chemistry.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Odell and Baker thought last year they could
Just Show up and magic would happen
It doesn't work like that In the NFL
Without hard work

Refreshing to see someone actually take the initative on this team

What's been lacking since 1999.
Leadership and accountability. ...strong
Work ethics

You don't miss the playoffs or finish below
.500 cause your work ethic is strong
Or their is a room full of leaders

Legend
Legend
Great to hear about this as we hear less more and more. Tear it up!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

P
Legend
Legend
P
Certainly a good thing to hear. Nothing can replace reps on the field.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

B
Legend
Legend
B
Team building

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Team building

No. In Austin. There is a pandemic.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

They worked together last off-season too.

OBJ and Landry aren’t attending because they are rehabbing injuries.

Apparently Jarvis is working out with Donovan-Peoples in Miami. He must be coming along well on his rehab.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 05/15/20 07:21 PM.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Hope they were not hanging out with Deandre Baker.

1st String
1st String
Barker is toast along with his partner in crime!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Austin Hooper deserves 3 words of accolade,

Set the tempo

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I wonder if the coaches can virtually attend, call out a play, run mock 2 minute offense etc. I am not sure but there has to be some new language, time to get it going!! Woof Woof

E
Legend
Legend
E
hopefully they got the new playbook to the QBs at least??? Don't know the rules about that but these new coaches should get that opportunity during these times.

jmho - good to hear about camp Austin!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: JPPT1974
Barker is toast along with his partner in crime!

Utter nonsense!!!

[Linked Image]

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: eotab
hopefully they got the new playbook to the QBs at least??? Don't know the rules about that but these new coaches should get that opportunity during these times.

jmho - good to hear about camp Austin!

Watching some videos, it appears the players do have play books. Or scheme outlines. I know Bryant was shown looking at a play on a laptop and using poker chips as an aid to show the line up

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
The players 100% have playbooks.

Legend
Legend
Raise the bar!

I hope he lights up the field. Want to see his game.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Raise the bar!

They did...check out Hollywood:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAA800ygWhQ/?igshid=ze3rrwzyvbsq

jk

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Browns_D02
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Raise the bar!

They did...check out Hollywood:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAA800ygWhQ/?igshid=ze3rrwzyvbsq

jk

This is so obviously staged and not really impressive at all to me.

Show me this in a real game situation and then I will be impressed.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
Wow! Neat beat, but I am not sure it is able to be game usable. I mean the DB has hands all over receivers. But I also one-handed grabs were out of the question. Had to re-visit that.

But it is a sparkler of a catch. Nice post.

Legend
Legend
Yo, I did that all the time back in my playground days.

tongue

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Jarvis Landry providing mentorship for 'eager to learn' WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/jar...n-peoples-jones

When Jarvis Landry received a text message from Donovan Peoples-Jones on Day 3 of the 2020 NFL Draft, he originally didn't think too much of it.

Landry tuned into the first two days of the draft for the Browns' first four selections. Day 3 featured rounds 4-7, but Landry, who had been in touch with Peoples-Jones for wide receiver advice in the weeks leading up the draft, didn't plan to watch as closely.

So, when Peoples-Jones sent Landry a message in the early afternoon, he figured it was simply about when he would be selected that day.

"Man, I can't wait," the message from Peoples-Jones read.

"Yeah, I know," replied Landry, who added that he was thinking about Peoples-Jones earlier in the day. "I can't wait either."

Then, Landry swiped out of the messages and checked Instagram. One of the first pictures that appeared was of People-Jones. The post was from the Browns. He was their sixth-round selection and Landry's newest teammate.

Landry misread the text message from Peoples-Jones. He was coming to Cleveland.

"I was like, 'Oh, wait. We drafted you,'" Landry said with a laugh Wednesday in a Zoom call with local reporters. "It was kind of like an awkward moment, but it was also a good moment to understand and know being around him and understanding his work ethic that we are getting a guy who can help us with all of the potential he has."

Landry had been receiving plenty of messages from Peoples-Jones before the draft and they've understandably increased since the Browns tabbed the Michigan standout with their final selection of the weekend. The two originally met in Florida when Peoples-Jones visited to train for the scouting combine, and he continued to poke Landry for tips about being an NFL wide receiver before the draft began.

It didn't take long for Peoples-Jones to mention his rapport with Landry in his video conference after the selection.

"Me and him have started to develop our relationship," said Peoples-Jones, who also said he met with Odell Beckham Jr. before the draft. "Those guys are Pro Bowl guys. I just can't wait to learn from them."

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm hoping that Landry reclaims his rightful spot as the team leader this year. Freddie handing it to Baker was a catastrophe.

Respect is earned, not given.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'm hoping that Landry reclaims his rightful spot as the team leader this year. Freddie handing it to Baker was a catastrophe.

The team voted Baker a captain, not Freddie.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I wasn't talking about captains.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

You weren't talking about captaincy - what were you talking about? Honest question - I didn't read anything about Freddie making Baker a leader of the team. I didn't see it on the field either... Baker plays the most important position - but that doesn't automatically make him a leader either. Rookie year you could make a case that he started to lead the team because he was successful and has that energy to rally or enthuse the team ... last year we didn't see that because week 1 they got smacked in the mouth and never really seemed to feel good about themselves again the rest of the season. It feels like you are looking to agitate posters by trying to manufacture a reason to connect Baker to something negative. . . . If you had said it was disappointing that Baker wasn't a leader - or didn't step up last year, and in fact regressed, I could have agreed. But I don't think Freddie handed anything to Baker regards leadership - and I don't think Landry's impact or voice on the team was muted.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'll add that in terms of leadership - I think the feedback from nearly all the teams Baker plays on is that they love to play for/with him. But in addition to that I'd like to see Baker progress in terms of leadership by being seen to be one of the hardest workers on the team who commits 100% to his craft - and by learning to prevent media contrived controversy by biting on 'gotcha' questions (whether real or imagined). I think he can still 'be Baker' without feeding the media by blowing up with knee jerk emotional responses to questions.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think it's completely understandable that a coach wants/encourages his QB to take more of a leadership role. It doubly makes sense when they appear to want to make airing the ball out a staple of the offense. I think that's one of the few Freddie failures that I don't really hold against him. I think it's clear Baker wasn't ready for all of the weight (in terms of executing the new offense, and handling the new dynamics of the locker room) placed on him.

It's very rare to have a guy that can step in right away and be an effective leader. I think Baker can be that leader, but this is just another example of how he failed but folks around him really didn't do him any favors.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Baker can be a leader. My comment had more to do w/Landry than Baker. I just think that Landry is a better leader at this particular point in time. Watching Hard Knocks was eye-opening. We all remember his tirade in the WR room, but Landry was constantly leading in a multitude of ways during those episodes and he continued to demonstrate those qualities during the season. I think he has the respect of most players. Hell, I think DPJ's comments are an indication of that.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree. I'm just not so sure he stopped being a leader. The one thing that did definitely stop, though, was the cameras. I imagine that Landry was still a leader, but we just weren't seeing it on-screen as much.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think OBJ had EVERYTHING to do with VG seemingly to have taken a step back leadership wise ... i think VG may have “backed off” cause OBJ was one of the top WR’s in the league and still is in most fans eyes ...

I also think after the way 18 ended and Bake being the QB he should have become the main leader ... after last year i agree with u that to start the season VG should go back to being the team leader ... its all ready showing a smidge with Peoples ... thats a position thing also but maybe a sign of things to come ...

HOPEFULLY Bake is Bake again and takes back the main leader role As the season goes on ... your QB being your leader is where it needs to be ...

IMO he earned it his rookie year .. now he needs to re-earn it IMO ...

GOOD LUCK BAKE ... WE NEED U BUD .. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I agree with you AGAIN! Haha ... Landry’s alpha-ness took a step back when OBJ came in (funny how chemistry is like that). We kinda had it Rolling in 2018 and lost our mojo

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't agree w/the Landry/OBJ thing at all.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns receivers meeting with Baker Mayfield in Austin

Link Copied to Clipboard