Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I do the same and I will also keep your nephew in my prayers.

Legend
Legend

This not directed at you just on topic.

This killer virus is an enemy. It has to be defeated. Experts in the fields of medicine and science have established guidelines.

When people violate those guidelines they put everyone on higher risk. Therein lies the problem. There is no unified message when the executive branch does not set the proper tone. State governors do what "they feel" is right instead of following scientific based guidelines.

Then trump applauds protesters who wish to break the rules. He seems to feel that wearing a mask is some kind of sign of leadership weakness. This empowers the drones.

And the cycle repeats.

This virus is not partisan. It will kill Republicans and Democrats with no discrimination.

Until there is a unified message based upon expert information and that message is clear and enforced by all people on all people.

There is no way this virus will be defeated.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Saying "listen to the medical expoerts" is now considered a political comment.

What a shame...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Greta Thunberg added to CNN’s expert coronavirus panel, Twitter erupts

By Hannah Sparks

May 13, 2020
Greta Thunberg added to CNN’s expert coronavirus panel, Twitter erupts

An upcoming CNN town hall on the coronavirus pandemic will feature 17-year-old Greta Thunberg alongside a panel of medical experts.

The program, “Coronavirus Facts and Fears,” also includes CNN broadcaster Sanjay Gupta, 50, former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, 71, and former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Richard Besser, 60. CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, 52, will host alongside Gupta.

However, social media watchdogs are foaming at the mouth over the choice to place a teen climate activist on a panel with public health experts.

“What place does Greta Thunberg have in this town hall?” asks Twitter rabble-rouser Yashar Ali to his 618,000 followers. His rhetorical question was liked by more than 12,000 since this morning.

Her name is a top trending term on Twitter, with some 30,000 mentions on the platform in just a few hours.

In a follow-up tweet, Ali clarified his rhetorical tweet with an explanation: “I understand that but this is a panel of top health experts and administrators. A climate activist would be better suited on a different panel. She’s not a climate scientist. It’s a matter of placement.”

CNN’s social media was soon served with an onslaught of virtual eye-rolls.

“Greta Thunberg? Now, she’s a COVID expert? @CNN is a joke!” reads a top response to the network’s Wednesday announcement.

“Not picking on the kid,” said another. “Picking on a ‘news’ network for featuring a child to inform the public.”

“I remember when my thread about E. coli in Romaine lettuce went viral and trended on Twitter only to have CNN put Food Babe on the air to discuss the issue,” tweeted Dr. Eugene Gu, referring to another controversial health “expert” in the media. “Greta Thunberg on this panel is an improvement from that at least.”

Swedish climate and environmental activist Greta Thunberg is seen in video conversation with Swedish Professor and joint director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, who participates from Germany, during a live broacast from the Nobel Prize Museum in Stockholm, Sweden, on April 22, 2020. - A video conversation about "courage, solidarity and opportunities in times of crisis" among Swedish climate and environmental activist Greta Thunberg and Swedish Professor and joint director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research Johan Rockstrom, participating from Germany, was broadcasted live to a global audience from Nobel Prize Museum in Stockholm, Sweden, on April 22, 2020. (Photo by Jessica GOW / TT News Agency / AFP) / Sweden OUT (Photo by JESSICA GOW/TT News Agency/AFP via Getty Images)
Swedish climate and environmental activist Greta Thunberg.TT News Agency/AFP via Getty Ima

Some have come to Thunberg’s defense, including more than a few public figures, arguing that the voice of youth, who will come to inherit an Earth doomed by future pandemics and climate disaster, may actually have something to add to the conversation.

“Unqualified men appear on cable all day every day, bloviating endlessly, but Greta Thunberg is a bridge too far? Ok,” tweeted writer Roxane Gay.

“She’s has extraordinary knowledge and she is the next generation that is left to clean this mess we’ve made. They wouldn’t have her there if she wasn’t a powerful voice,” wrote Oscar-winning actor Patricia Arquette.

“It’s a town hall, not a meeting of scientists,” another follower noted. “Some of their previous guests have been chef Jose Andres, director Spike Lee, author Laurie Garrett, etc etc.”

Thunberg has, perhaps wisely, been mum throughout this erupting social-media showdown. But she hasn’t spent the past three months lounging in lockdown. On April 30, UNICEF said the young activist had launched a children-first campaign to help protect young lives against COVID-19, pledging a grant of €92,000 ($100,000), awarded to her by Danish NGO Human Act, toward the effort.

“Like the climate crisis, the coronavirus pandemic is a child-rights crisis,” said Thunberg. “It will affect all children, now and in the long-term, but vulnerable groups will be impacted the most. I’m asking everyone to step up and join me in support of UNICEF’s vital work to save children’s lives, to protect health and continue education.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/greta-thunberg-added-to-cnn-expert-covid-19-panel-twitter-erupts/

Legend
Legend

Maybe it would be beneficial to all that you actually check the whole story.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2020/05...all-sot-vpx.cnn

Legend
Legend
Here in Virginia we finally opened up part way! thumbsup

It was nice to see young people at the restaurants and bars again, feasting on beers and nachos.

Had the feeling of life again, America again.

We are not meant to live like zoo animals, locked in our cages.

Freedom is beginning to ring again. thumbsup

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Your privilege is showing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Maybe it would be beneficial to all that you actually check the whole story.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2020/05...all-sot-vpx.cnn

It doesn't matter now as the town hall is over. Skynews doesn't agree with CNN's decision either.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Here in Virginia we finally opened up part way! thumbsup

It was nice to see young people at the restaurants and bars again, feasting on beers and nachos.

Had the feeling of life again, America again.

We are not meant to live like zoo animals, locked in our cages.

Freedom is beginning to ring again. thumbsup

Feasting [sic] on beer and nachos is equated to freedom. We are letting the animals out of their so-called cages and we are putting health care workers and folks who work in grocery stores and other "essential" businesses at risk so we can party!

Yeah buoy........that's the ticket to "freedom!" rolleyes

Legend
Legend
And you guys wonder why you are considered "Fringe". notallthere

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know what "fringe" means in this case, but I do know that my wife's health being in jeopardy because fools want to drink beer and eat nachos in a public setting is not my definition of "freedom." In fact, it is the very definition of selfishness.

I am so glad I played sports and coached sports. It taught me self-discipline and how to be part of a "team," instead of some whiny, selfish brat who only cares about their own wants and desires.

Your definition of freedom is far different than mine, son.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 05/15/20 09:02 PM.
Legend
Legend
You have zero clue of the safety precautions those restaurants, bars and patrons are forced to take to enjoy themselves.

No indoor anything. Everything outside with tables placed 7 feet or better apart and people maintaining 6 feet between each other.

Workers must wear masks and gloves. Customers must have reservations so the restaurant can control numbers. Everyone must wear a mask until seated. Tables and chairs are sanitized when the customers leave.

And a whole lot more.

But it was indeed nice to see America coming back to life again. thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
I do have a "clue." I try and educate myself rather than stomp my feet and shout from the rooftops about one party's preferences or the other. It's called being open-minded.

At the end of the day, I am not a slave to any political ideology. I am a proponent of treating others fairly. My own wants and desires never outweigh what is best for all.

You and yours go on partying. Put other folks like my wife at risk. And continue to tell me how you are an American. Pffftttt......I don't want to talk to you again. Enjoy your freedoms.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
my hair isn't in my eyes blinding me to what is really going on.

Bro- I've seen your picture.
"Hair in your eyes" is something you will never have to worry about ever again....

Sorry... it was just too fat, slow- and right over the plate-

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
I couldn't join them as I am old and that makes me high risk.

But I did enjoy seeing all those young people laughing, eating, talking and enjoying life again. thumbsup

People were also shopping as stores are opened. thumbsup

People getting their cars washed. thumbsup

No more zoo life for these free Americans. thumbsup

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

But I did enjoy seeing all those young people laughing, eating, talking and enjoying life again. thumbsup

. But Sofia Vergara said to stay at home.

Legend
Legend
rofl

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
rofl

Now if I get to stay home with Sofia Vergara, I would stay at home, chained to the bedpost.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

What an intelligent take. Let me try and be as "smart" and "fair" as you.

Bolsonaro, Brazil's President, said his people wouldn't catch the virus. Reportedly, over 500,000 thousand Brazilians had died before the end of April and his response was "So what? I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?"

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

What an intelligent take. Let me try and be as "smart" and "fair" as you.

Bolsonaro, Brazil's President, said his people wouldn't catch the virus. Reportedly, over 500,000 thousand Brazilians had died before the end of April and his response was "So what? I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?"

As of May 4 , the total is 7,288 Brazailians deaths. 500,000????

Legend
Legend
Daddy, look at those fearful men all locked up in their houses, peaking through the blinds. What is up with that?

It's ok son, they are Betas.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Stay at home and do not earn a living. The new American way.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I meant 5,000 at the time he made those comments. But, you knew that. You are just playing some stupid political game. Shame on you.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I meant 5,000 at the time he made those comments. But, you knew that. You are just playing some stupid political game. Shame on you.

You meant 5,000, then why not correct yourself? Who is playing political games?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I just did correct myself. WTH?

Not wasting more time on you.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I just did correct myself. WTH?

Not wasting more time on you.

You were called on it, that is why you corrected it.

Go back to the basement with Biden.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I go out to eat in restaurants/bars and have no moral problems with it.

I see their business and workers suffering and barely able to stay open.
I have a lot of bar worker friends that are struggling. Some unemployed.

So I am happy to support them the best I can with patronage and tips.

And it does me good to get out of the house also.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
rofl

Now if I get to stay home with Sofia Vergara, I would stay at home, chained to the bedpost.

Dare to dream, dare to dream.
That individual is too much woman for about 98.6% of all men.
Worldwide.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, your wife is still working, and you are collecting a pension?

Some of us would like that.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
So I didn't reply to your swipe at me in the baseball thread but now it seems you're chasing around anyone who was able to keep their job...

Look, just because we want safe lifting of measures doesn't mean we want Americans to be out of work. Your false equivalence and assumptions are quite low.

If you are angry about not having a job, lack of business, etc., don't blame us. If you look at the UK, they're covering 80% of the salaries of all who have been furloughed. How can we, as the self-proclaimed leading nation of the world, not provide for our citizens in times of need?

People have the right to enjoy freedom and people have the right to stay safe from people who won't listen to doctors.

Now go take your personal attacks somewhere else. Quite sure what you just did is against board policy, too.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Daddy, look at those fearful men all locked up in their houses, peaking through the blinds. What is up with that?

It's ok son, they are Betas.

"Daddy, why did those Christians who believe in godly acts get swindled by promises of tax breaks? Couldn't they have helped provide for those who lost their jobs during the pandemic?"

"It's okay, son. They care more about money and earthly things than treating others different from them with respect. They skipped the part of the Gospel where Jesus said give all your possessions away and follow me."

Legend
Legend
No, we will not allow you to destroy this Nation's economy because you hate Trump. No.

The lives of our children and future generations depend on it.

Self centered selfishness doesn't fly in America.
The Hospitals are no longer overwhelmed.

Come out come out wherever you hide.

Back to work. Back to life. thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
No, we will not allow you to destroy this Nation's economy because you hate Trump. No.

The lives of our parents and grandparents can be sacrificed for it.

Science and altruism doesn't fly in America.
The Hospitals are no longer overwhelmed. Let’s change that.

Back to work pawns. Back to possible death. thumbsup

40, translated.

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
So, your wife is still working, and you are collecting a pension?

Some of us would like that.

We all make choices in life. It sounds he like he made better choices than some others.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

The lives of our children and future generations depend on it.

That's why following the CDC guidelines would have been a much smarter way of accomplishing the exact same goal.

Quote:
Self centered selfishness doesn't fly in America.

I hope you were looking in the mirror when you said that.

Quote:
The Hospitals are no longer overwhelmed.

And you advocate repeating that by ignoring we open the economy in a safe and proper manner.

Quote:

You are hiding behind the skirt tails of an idiot.

Quote:
Back to work. Back to life. thumbsup

In a manner that will kill the most people possible.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Newsflash! Country needs to reopen so people can make a living. People can have a choice to go back to work or not. Just like they had prior to COVID-19. Lots of people hope the country does not re-open since they would make more money by not working.

COVID-19 numbers are falling. Time to get back to work lazybones.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Covid 19 cases are on the rise in several states including Ohio.

Nobody said the economy shouldn't open up. There were guidelines set on exactly how that would work. They were ignored because people couldn't wait just a little while longer.

Of course the country needed to reopen. Just not in the dumbest way possible.

Next you'll be advocating grandma should risk dying to vote.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Covid 19 cases are on the rise in several states including Ohio.

Nobody said the economy shouldn't open up. There were guidelines set on exactly how that would work. They were ignored because people couldn't wait just a little while longer.

Of course the country needed to reopen. Just not in the dumbest way possible.

Next you'll be advocating grandma should risk dying to vote.

Grandma should risk dying in order to vote. We all should. If you do not understand that then you are living in the wrong country.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You shouldn't risk dying to vote when there's a reasonable alternative.

Poor grandma.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You shouldn't risk dying to vote when there's a reasonable alternative.

Poor grandma.

What is the alternative to voting and not having your voice heard?

Plus grandma's chances of dying are slim to none.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Wars 2020 The Wrath of Stupidity

Link Copied to Clipboard