Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
And once again I see you brought the whine to the party.

Perfect pairing with the cheese you always supply...

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I haven't read this thread for awhile. After reading all the back and forth about about Trump and other politicians, I find the thread title not only fitting, but also hysterical. This debate is certainly all about anti-intellectualism. LOL

I've actually enjoyed reading most of this discussion. It's moved in directions that have surprised and intrigued me. Only recently has it started to resemble "those other threads," and I'll freely admit to my recent shot-taking as contributing to that change in discourse (apologies to Diam and 40).

In all, it's been a good thread, by recent standards... and I'm glad I started it a couplefew days ago.

I kinda hope it resumes along the original lines. I've read some good back&forth.

Carry on, troops.

thumbsup

#GMStong
V
Legend
Legend
V
First of all, in response to 40s take.........I was not whining. I just thought it was funny.

Secondly, I suppose I set my expectations too high. I loved the video and the topic. I thought it might actually lead to an intellectual discussion. I love analogies and how one can take big ideas and apply them to smaller sample sizes. I also like to discuss how the reverse is true.

Clem, I have multiple collegiate degrees and one of the reasons why is I loved the college culture. I loved higher level thinking. I loved intelligent debate. I miss it. I look for it on here and occasionally we have a bit of it, but then someone comes in and destroys it and the riot is on.

I didn't get any real responses from an earlier post, but doesn't anyone find it at least worth discussing that while we while we may not be experts ourselves, we should at least educate ourselves before making grandiose commentary?

I value knowledge over bluster.

I value research over bias.

I value logic and reason over insults and one-sided thinking.

I don't know, man. I just wish we could be a bit more intellectual on this forum instead of all this one-sided ranting.

I'll slip away through the cracks again. Just color me "disappointed," because I had such high hopes for this thread.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
I don't know, man. I just wish we could be a bit more intellectual on this forum instead of all this one-sided ranting.

I think the wisest course of action is to expect/anticipate what you've always seen to be what you will always experience in the future.

With Human Nature, past is prologue.

I have 4 or 5 other web destinations to explore, when I want to experience what you seem to expect here.

This is not meant to denigrate this place in any way. I simply go to the places where I can get what I expect. I get great football talk here. I love EE for the everyday life experiences we all share as folks with Midwestern roots. Politics/philosophy? ... I'm okay with what we get- at a football fansite.

I don't take offense when I'm not understood; I don't break my ass trying to change Our Little World.

It's a professional football fan site. For crap's sake, we all come here because of a Professional (fkng) Football team. The forum that we find ourselves talking in now, is- and always will be, a secondary aspect of why we're all here. Deep thought on issues personal, partisan and political will never be the focus of such a website... nor should they be.

Given the base level that has bonded us all to each other, why would you expect elevated conversation on any subject other than the NFL team we've all attached ourselves to?

There is an old adage in show biz, when it comes to making an impression: "Know your audience."

I'm afraid that you want from this group conversational results that you might better get at a different web address. I don't know what that address might be for you, but I know I've found my 'deeptalkpeeps' elsewhere.

And no, I'm not sharing the addresses.
Each of us Dawgs must find his own 'ancillary tribe'....

Clemmy

#GMStong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why one would think the idiocy of Trump would not be brought up in a discussion about anti-intellectualism is beyond me.

You're in a political forum specifically provided and designed to discuss politics. You do understand that, right? Then you jump in with your usual line of BS how you're surprised a topic turns to politics.

That's like finding the most crime ridden neighborhood one could wander into and then saying you were amazed you witnessed a mugging. It's getting old and redundant yet makes no sense at the same time.

You want to keep politics out of it? Start the same thread in Everything Else. I thought you comprehended the protocol around here by now? Oh that's right, you're the warrior that's trying to change the protocol to bend to your will.

How quickly I forget sometimes.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sorry for not wanting Trump to dominate a discussion about the original video. I apologize profusely that we might show some semblance of intellect on a thread w/the title of "Anti-intellectualism." How very wrong of me.

In other words.....

O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That was great, thank you. Pretty much exactly what I was saying in my Dunning Kruger post.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's the political forum and we have an anti-intellectual running our nation. Where would anyone using common sense think the thread would end up?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hmmmmm, more whine!

Great Party!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Like he said .. his IQ being so much higher than yours is nothing to be ashamed of and is not your fault ... thumbsup

How anyone could possibly believe this is amazing. You're only fooling yourself.

Tillerson called him a moron along with a few words I can't post here.

His former professor called him the dumbest GD student he ever had.

He said there were 15 cases of Covid that would soon be going down to zero.

And remember the "Can we look at injecting disinfectant into people?"

Yet you are saying he's smart? Damn dude.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I would like to know when we had an "intellectual" running the country. I am almost 60 years old and I sure do not remember one.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Being able to speak in complete sentences and not sound stupid would be a step in the right direction as of now.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Being able to speak in complete sentences and not sound stupid would be a step in the right direction as of now.

You cannot be speaking about Trump. He gets his points across. Brash yes, but effective.

I suppose the Ivy League "intellectuals" hate the fact that Trump is more effective than their limousine liberal candidates could ever be.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

You cannot be speaking about Trump. He gets his points across. Brash yes, but effective.

I suppose the Ivy League "intellectuals" hate the fact that Trump is more effective than their limousine liberal candidates could ever be.

Trump is definitely a master orator. Always clear and to the point. Never rambles, never just throws schtick out there.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

Trump is definitely a master orator. Always clear and to the point. Never rambles, never just throws schtick out there.

I never said he is the second coming of Cicero.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He's not even the second coming of Forrest Gump.

#GMStong
Legend
Legend

Forrest and Don perfect.

No access allowed to view trump's grades at any level?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...d137_story.html

Just like his tax records that he promised to provide.

All one has to do is listen to him. He has the vocabulary of a 8th grader. Outside of the use of adjectives "great" and "tremendous" I think his jaw would lock up.

Fraud in every respect. If it were not for his father's wealth he would have gotten nowhere.

He is the poster child for anti-intellectualism.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Bigly anti-intellectualism.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Super duper anti-intellectualism

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
He's not even the second coming of Forrest Gump.

And "Bigly anti-intellectualism."

LOL .... thank you. Funny funny funny.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Industrial-strength anti-intellectualism.

#GMStong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Why are you lefties so full of hate? Is just because he' a Republicn and doing a good job?

Sure he' a ahole but he is doing a great job as most Americans not full of hate believe.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Why are you lefties so full of hate?

Sure he' a ahole

Welcome to the club.

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Has nothing to do with Republican.

I have voted Republican. I vote person not party.

Has everything to do with incompetence, character, policies.

Trump administration has sought to increase fossil fuel use and to scrap many environmental regulations.

Clean air and water. Great Lakes initiatives. He supports gas and oil drilling in National Parks. Trump and many of his cabinet appointees are climate denialists, claiming they do not believe the scientific consensus.

That is scratching the surface of the damage he has done. His response to Covid 19 illustrates his lack of leadership in a time of crisis. His continuous lies are a reflection of his total lack of a moral compass.

Plain and simple decency which he lacks in every respect.

Look at the people he has had in his administration. Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, Stone, Gates all criminals.

I would kiss the ground Bush walked on compared to the morally bankrupt trump.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: bonefish
I would kiss the ground Bush walked on compared to the morally bankrupt trump.

There's the issues of war crimes and all, but I'd mostly agree with you there.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Why are you lefties so full of hate? Is just because he' a Republicn and doing a good job?

Sure he' a ahole but he is doing a great job as most Americans not full of hate believe.

This is why Trump likes the uneducated. They don't call him on his crap and are EASY to con.

Legend
Legend

Going back any number of presidential races I would take the winners or losers over trump any day of the week.

O
Legend
Legend
O
My mom and I were talking about this the other day. Our politics are pretty much the same but she considers herself a democrat. And she's religious while I'm not.

Anyway, long story short, she said that they say angels look out for fools, trump must have a whole flock of them because he doesn't seem to be educated about anything.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/16/20 06:49 PM.

Legend
Legend
For the trump crowd play the tape of his response to Covid 19 from the beginning.

And know this today:

The U.S. has the largest coronavirus outbreak in the world by far. There are more than 88,000 deaths and 1.4 million confirmed cases, according to the Johns Hopkins University data dashboard. Worldwide, the virus has killed more than 311,000 people and has infected more than 4.6 million.

Why?

Why do we lead the world?

Try for once to be objective.

It is because of the way trump responded to the initial reports? How he downplayed it all? How he bragged about how great of a job he was doing instead of taking the proper medical procedures recommended by professionals in pandemic response?

I am sure you will come up with a alt right radio response.

But facts are facts. The US with all our resources lead the world by far. trump got his wish. "So much winning you will be sick of it."

Last edited by bonefish; 05/17/20 09:30 AM.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Hindsight is always the perfect argument for the libs on all matters when it come to the lefts agenda, so let me ask this....Where were all your Lefty leaders in congress on helping fight this outbreak, I will tell you where they were on vacation and just waiting to pounce on Trump instead of helping their country to get thru this... watta a bunch of D.bags that never get called out by the haters.

J\C

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
P.S.
Almost 30% of the infected were minorities and about 90% were from the liberal areas that have created the poorest conditions for minorities FYI.
Maybe the left so called intellects should pull their heads out of their butts instead if self aggrandizing.pfffft

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The U.S. has the largest coronavirus outbreak in the world by far. There are more than 88,000 deaths and 1.4 million confirmed cases, according to the Johns Hopkins University data dashboard. Worldwide, the virus has killed more than 311,000 people and has infected more than 4.6 million.

Why?

Why do we lead the world?

Try for once to be objective.

*Raising my hand and sounding like Arnold Horseshack*

1 We have More People in this country.
2. We have people who are more selfish and stupid than other countries.
3. People refuse to social distance *see number 2*
4. People refuse to wear masks. *see number 2*
5. Our President, and Politicians *see number 2*

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Riley01
P.S.
Almost 30% of the infected were minorities and about 90% were from the liberal areas that have created the poorest conditions for minorities FYI.
Maybe the left so called intellects should pull their heads out of their butts instead if self aggrandizing.pfffft

rofl

Legend
Legend

Care to provide a verifiable link to prove this?

Great tactic to lump all those opposed to trump as "lefty's."

How about patriots who oppose monarchists.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bonefish

How about patriots who oppose monarchists.

But the constitution is there to protect the King - right?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Wow, this thread is crap now that the regular posters have utterly destroyed it. So much for that...

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Wow, this thread is crap now that the regular posters have utterly destroyed it. So much for that...

So pointing out that Trump is the epitome of Anti-intellectualism is crap?

Laughing at someone who in two sentences makes a politicized CV-19 comment before going on to accusing the "Libs" of making CV-19 politicized is crap?

OK.

What should we do with your gem?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I hate Trump. I hate Trump, woe is me. I hate Trump. You don't have a leg or platform to stand on. No ideas of your own that the American people actually want. Its really pathetic.

This is a large part of why you will be on losing side come November. Over the past 4 years you and your party were more concerned with hating Trump than actually fielding a viable candidate to run against him. It was a fatal error and is the height of incompetence. The GOP did the same exact thing from 2008-2012 with Mitt Romney.

You had all that time to get ready and your party gives us Biden? You've got to be kidding me. Get ready for Trump again because you're going to get him in all his glory!!!

TRUMP 2020! brownie

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well you will get to be proud in a racist uneducated white privileged way for four more years if that happens because you and Karen got-er-done thumbsup

Your life will still suck, but your vote caused a crapstorm and when you are old and grey bouncing your grandson on your knee, you can tell little Heinrich grandpa was a rebel. smh

Until we all quit fighting over which cockroach our rich masters let us fight over in the race and start demanding a government that puts people first, this crap is only going to get worse, much much worse.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus “Anti-intellectualism...

Link Copied to Clipboard