Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Over 87,000 dead so far. Well over 100,000 by some time in June. How many will have died from it by November? More Americans dead than in the Vietnam war. Yeah, slim to none, right....

But don't let grandma vote by mail. The only good grandma is a dead grandma?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You shouldn't risk dying to vote when there's a reasonable alternative.

Poor grandma.

What is the alternative to voting and not having your voice heard?

Plus grandma's chances of dying are slim to none.

Mail in voting. Trump doesn't want that. Electronic voting, we filled out the census that way so we have the technology.

Grandma's chance of dying is small? We clearly have different definitions of small.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Absolutely no voting by mail. That is inviting uncontrollable fraud.

Per UN data, there are 331,000,000 people in the United States.

100,000 / 331,000,000= .0003

Like I said, slim to none.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If 80% of the population wore a mask, transmission rates would decrease to 1\12th of the rate for no masks worn.

This would make transmission so low that the virus would essentially burn out in 1-2 months. But people refuse to do that. I went to the grocery store a couple days ago and was in the clear minority. Only about 1 in 3 people wore a mask.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Grandma should risk dying in order to vote. We all should. If you do not understand that then you are living in the wrong country.

You know maybe back in the day when women didn't have the vote or African Americans - maybe social unrest and protests and action was required to earn the right to vote and the risks associated with those actions were worth enduring.

However, this is 2020 and there are ways and means and solutions to voting WITHOUT RISKING LIVES easily available .... I think the idea of forcing people unnecessarily to risk their lives or the lives of those around them needlessly is nothing short of twisted and evil.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/16/20 01:35 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We literally changed the world to get those numbers. And that is all comers. The elderly are at significantly higher risk.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Jester
If 80% of the population wore a mask, transmission rates would decrease to 1\12th of the rate for no masks worn.

This would make transmission so low that the virus would essentially burn out in 1-2 months. But people refuse to do that. I went to the grocery store a couple days ago and was in the clear minority. Only about 1 in 3 people wore a mask.

So if grandma wears a mask she can get to the polls like everyone else.

J
Legend
Legend
J

Poor grandma.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be a very happy man.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Clearly you have bought into the Alt Right wing lies and propaganda about voter fraud and how the Left is out to steal elections.

You've also clearly not seen that the recent high profile voter fraud was committed by a republican candidate.

Clearly not paying attention to Trump's own investigation into voter fraud .... that found .... nada.

But by golly, you keep spewing that hate and keep proposing people risk their lives when there is no justifiable reason to. thumbsup Just like a faithful Trump supporter should. 'Grats.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That shows your complete lack of understanding on how masks work with this coronavirus.

If I wear a mask, it decreases my risk of getting infected by a small amount, but if I have coronavirus and wear a mask it greatly decreases my risk of infecting you.

M
Legend
Legend
M
That shows your complete lack of understanding on how masks work with this coronavirus.

If I wear a mask, it decreases my risk of getting infected by a small amount, but if I have coronavirus and wear a mask it greatly decreases my risk of infecting you.

#factsdontmatter

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Clearly you have bought into the Alt Right wing lies and propaganda about voter fraud and how the Left is out to steal elections.

You've also clearly not seen that the recent high profile voter fraud was committed by a republican candidate.

Clearly not paying attention to Trump's own investigation into voter fraud .... that found .... nada.

But by golly, you keep spewing that hate and keep proposing people risk their lives when there is no justifiable reason to. thumbsup Just like a faithful Trump supporter should. 'Grats.

You made a terrible assumption about me. My point is voter fraud is committed by both parties. I do not want voter fraud . Period.

M
Legend
Legend
M

You made a terrible assumption about me. My point is voter fraud is committed by both parties. I do not want voter fraud . Period.

Clearly my assumption about you should be that you can't read.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I heard an example that might dumb it down for you.

If you are standing within a few feet of someone and neither of you is wearing pants, and he pees on your leg, you get drenched in urine. If you are wearing pants but he isn't, you still get wet but not as much.

But if you are both wearing pants, you don't get any urine on you at all.

Fyi, it's a metaphor, pants represent masks and urine represents the virus

Last edited by Jester; 05/16/20 02:12 PM.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

Clearly my assumption about you should be that you can't read.

And my assumption for you is that you have a hard time understanding.Check out your first line from your post.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Frankly it doesn't matter whether you came up with the paranoia about election fraud all on your own - or because you watch and listen to the government sponsored faux news or other Alt Right propaganda arms .... you are on here promoting people risk their lives because you are paranoid about something that has been demonstrable proven not to exist. AND the people that came up with the conclusion that there is no widespread voter fraud are the Trump cronies who desperately wanted to come up with something to support their movement that is trying to make it harder for folks in the USA to vote.

Thanks.

A
Legend
Legend
A
No. He's older than me, thus, retired. Thus, he's getting his pension, rightfully. His wife is still working in a lucrative job, and rightfully so, as she is an essential employee with a skill few have.

Here's the deal: They are still making money. SAme as they were before covid.

I find it interesting - wear masks, protect others. Then, masks don't protect. But they do.

If they do, why are businesses closed?

Flattening the curve was not about saving lives, per se, it was about making sure hospitals were not over run with patients.

Unless and until there is a vaccine, all we've done is elongated the amount of time this will last because, without a vaccine, the herd immunity is our best friend....at least from what I've read.

There are SOME people that don't qualify for unemployment. Plus, it only pays about 50% of what you were making Like me. Hey, I don't pay unemployment tax either. I get it.

Get PPP they said. I don't qualify for that, as I don't have a payroll. I work by myself, and I'd say 70-80% of the time, when I'm working, no one else is present.

My work WAS down - it's picked back up due to several large, large jobs, thankfully, but residential is still way down - because of fear.

I find it interesting that, at least it APPEARS, the people on here saying keep it shut down are also the ones that are retired or work for some gov't. agency in some manner.

My son is fortunate, as he's busy, an essential employee, etc.

I have 2 cousins, RN's, that have had their hours cut, a lot, due to no people in the hospital they work for. I know (not related to) many others in the health care field in similar positions.

Back to me, the state got some program going finally where people like me, self employed, COULD qualify for some type of unemployment. The catch? Like unemployment, it pays about half of your previous income (many 'if's' there), and like unemployment, any income you make during any given week is deducted from any benefit you may get. And I agree with that - that's fair.

My problem is, had I even attempted to enroll, I would be forced to not receive anything because I was and am still getting 2-4 jobs a week, which would offset any benefit I may have gotten.

Or, I could've taken the chance of lying. Nope, no income, no jobs, no opportunity. And that's a lie. Someone calls me, that is a job opportunity. If I turn it down, I'm a cheater.

I just find it interesting that it APPEARS that, on here anyway, the retired people, pensioners, and gov't. employees are the ones hammering the 'keep it shut down' thing. Or, maybe they are just the ones that post the most?

And, since I'm going on and on simply trying to explain myself and my thoughts, why is it ok for wal mart to be open, but polls can't be?

I can walk into just about any retail store - a few may require me to wear a mask - and everything is fine - but polls can't be open? Should we set the machines up at the wal mart stores?

Hey, I too will be retired some day, God willing I live that long. And I sure won't begrudge someone younger trying to earn a living. If some new virus comes, I'll just stay home when I'm retired, because I'll still be getting MY money. Those younger ones might not be.

Again, the 'flatten the curve' was not necessarily about saving lives, it was about making sure hospitals aren't/weren't over run. And I guess in a way that may save lives short term. But people will continue to get this virus, of which some, what, 97, 98% survive? But, as I said, even rn's are getting their hours cut. Around here, anyway.

Note: this was a reply to pit AND rocket.

Now, go ahead pit, tear it apart, have your mandated last word.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

I find it interesting - wear masks, protect others. Then, masks don't protect. But they do.

If they do, why are businesses closed?

They most likely do if everyone wears them. When you have the "leader of the free world" along with "mother's boy"not wearing them, it sends a subconscious message to the nation. It'd help if everyone wore masks.

So because of the "muh freedomz...you experts are wrong and can't tell me wut to dooozzzz" crowd, you have all this messed up discussion.

Listen to the experts.

Quote:
the herd immunity is our best friend....at least from what I've read.

No doctor at a national level has encouraged this. Dr. Fauchi, Dr. Acton, and many others have advised against this.

Listen to the experts.

Quote:
Get PPP they said. I don't qualify for that, as I don't have a payroll. I work by myself, and I'd say 70-80% of the time, when I'm working, no one else is present.

I wish you did qualify. It's a shame that the UK has been able to take care of their own, yet we as the "nation of the people and free world" can't provide for its people in the biggest time of need.

Quote:
are the ones hammering the 'keep it shut down' thing.

That crowd listens to highly vetted experts which don't push tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

Listen to the experts.

Quote:
Should we set the machines up at the wal mart stores?

That's actually not too bad of an idea.

Big box stores such as grocery chains, wal-marts, etc have a lot more space for people to distance if need be. They already have one way aisles, tape on the ground designating 6ft, etc.

The issue with polls is that not all places are designed the same.

You would know this if you listened to and sought out the experts.

Quote:
And I sure won't begrudge someone younger trying to earn a living.

So will you stop trying to take shots at those who currently have jobs, and others who want to protect the rights of others from getting sick?

Can you agree to that?

Also, seek out and listen to well vetted experts that don't push conspiracy theories.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You pretend like you know the dynamics of my family. I am retired, but I work two different jobs. It's not my fault that I don't have to work for a company. I run a tutoring business that does pretty well. I also produce a ton of goods that I sell on an online site through Etsy and Amazon. I also sell some of the goods in auction sites. In fact, I just came in from working a full day in the shop. I'm not as "retired" as you claim.

Now, I have a question for you. Why are you out of work? That may sound mean, but I am very curious. Here in SC, the folks who work in home improvement businesses are up and running. Decks, fences, plumbers, painters, mechanics, lawn care, HVAC guys and gals, etc, etc.

I thought you were in some sort of Home Improvement business? What's stopping you from working when other folks are working? And again, I am not attacking you. I just don't get why you can't find work??? The only reason I can think of is that I misunderstood you about being self-employed and working in the home improvement field.

One last thing.......instead of complaining about it......you should be thankful that Health Care workers like my wife are still employed. Never know when you or a loved one will need one. Chin up, bucky.

A
Legend
Legend
A
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/preventing-coronavirus-facemask-60-minutes-2020-03-08/

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=13709

This isn't a trump thing, although you try to make it be a trump thing.

What's with the "muh freedomz, you experts are wrong and can't tell me what to dooozzz" comment? Seriously. What's up with that? Makes you look elitist, maybe xenophobic really.

Hey, I just posted Fauci (you spelled his name incorrectly by the way. For someone so uber educated, one would think getting a name right would be par for the course.....not?)

I should end here, but I can't. There aren't 'well vetted " experts. There are only political views.

There aren't well vetted covid death numbers. In fact, Colorado has just lessened the death to covid numbers.

The FACT remains that flattening the curve was not to save lives, but to prevent hospital over flow. Flattening the curve only means the curve will last longer. We've been told herd immunity is the answer, shy of a vaccine. You don't get herd immunity by sitting in your house. And further, we don't even have a vaccine for the flu!!!! We have a guess at a vaccine each year, but each year we hear "well, we thought it would be this, but it turns out it was that."

This is a political thing. It's a REAL thing, no doubt, but having failure after failure after failure after failure to get trump, it's come to this. Watch the msm........oh, never mind. You do.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Thanks for that.

Notice, in my post you replied to, I didn't begrudge you your pension. I certainly don't begrudge your wife working full time, even at her age. You've got several homes to fund. I only know about your family from what you've posted about them.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said my work WAS down. And my residential is still down. Perhaps I didn't mention that commercial work is up. Commercial work is a bonus for me. Residential is my bread and butter though.

What's stopping me from working? Nothing. Nothing but a fear by home owners, and nothing but a fear of spending money by people that are out of work.

Now, with your pension, and your wife's income, do you really NEED your side income? Or do you just like the extra money? No wrong answer there.

I'm getting enough res. work that even if I qualified for unemployment, I wouldn't get any without cheating the system. And I don't and won't do that.

My commercial jobs? Going great. Literally. Problem is, I need the residential work also. And with people out of work.....?

Just finished a commercial job today. $3600. Only half done though - however, same building, different companies.

My beef is not with those that are retired, or get a pension, or work for the gov't. and get their check regardless. Please understand that. My beef is with the shut down of people like me - and I'm not shutdown. I'm just slow on the res. side - due to the fear.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Again, I wasn't getting on your case. I can see where it may have come across that way. But, I promise that was not my intent. Are you willing to tell me what you do exactly? The reason I ask is because the HI jobs around here are not being hit too hard. My soon-to-be son-in-law and daughters plumbing business is doing well. They had a down week this past week, but that is probably due to the increase in HVAC calls as the weather is warming up.

Quote:

Now, with your pension, and your wife's income, do you really NEED your side income? Or do you just like the extra money? No wrong answer there.

I don't know if I really, really need it. But, as you know.......we support people and give a lot to charity. We also like nice things. Right now, we are wanting to put in new fencing [it's a big yard,] a large storage shed, and maybe add to our decking.

We made money by having the houses and selling them. I want to keep buying them, fix them up, and sell them. We just made a $32,000 profit on a house we sold that we kept for 4 years. I know that ain't great, but stuff like that helps. My wife is conservative. I want to do more of that. I like making money by working hard and doing things honestly. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Btw---------I respect that you won't cheat the system. Too many do. I admire that you don't.

The commercial thing sounds good.

Best of luck. Don't give up, man! Adversity makes us stronger. Keep fighting the good fight. We fight all the time, but I wish you and your family well, because in the end, we are both family men.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

Poor grandma.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be a very happy man.

Oh, snap.
What, f00lz?

None y'all wanna mess with this.
#lawdhavemercy.

[insert lusty chortles here]

Jules is:
The Jewels of this place.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend

Thank you, for framing this issue as you did.

Here's a great analogy that came to me a day or two ago.
Please don't blow this off, because it comes from 'Clem on the left.'

For the sake of argument, let's replace the word 'masks' for 'pants.'

If everyone walks around without pants, the next guy I meet might pee on me. If I don't wear pants, and he doesn't wear pants, that guy immediately contaminates we with his bodily fluids. I'm now soaking wet because of him. But sometime soon, I'm gonna have to pee, too.

If I walk around wearing pants, but that next guy I meet is still naked, he might still pee on me. If he does, that pee takes longer to get onto my leg. Since I'm wearing pants, most of what he spews upon me stays upon me.

If he is wearing pants and pees freely, his pants totally keep me dry.

I choose to see myself as him.
I choose to understand that my piss might actually kill some Dawg's family member.

I choose to not piss on My Fellow Dawg, and kill his fam's Grammy.

That's why I'll still stay at home.
That's why I'll wear a mask every time I leave my house/car.

I don't do this because I'm some limp-wristed Leftie wimp.
I do it because I care about the fams of all the Dawgs that come to this site.

The day that being a Good Neighbor becomes victim to partisan politics is the day that This Great Nation becomes less than what it was always meant to be.

I stay at home and wear my mask for YOU... because this thing transmits from me to you without me showing any signs of being sick.

I'd truly appreciate it if you'd do the same for me... because You are Me.

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
I am still shocked, that I still get shocked laugh buy folks just not giving a crap about other folks in this world. I really don't understand how they can live with themselves.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
arch, first let me say that I'm not going to try and "tear you apart". That's not my intent. But let me first say, that the CDC aren't Democrats. The WHO aren't Democrats. It isn't political unless you consider the message we were sent.

The guidelines set by the CDC were given in a national coronavirus briefing. That very night Trump undermined those guidelines by tweeting out in support of protestors in states that did not meet those guidelines. Yet you cast stones as it being political? Yes, in that respect it is. Trump decided to undermine his very own White House experts.

Secondly, you use the percentages to survive the virus based on "current deaths" as though that will be the end result. More people are dying every day so that percentage is only accurate as of this moment. How high would the percentage have to be for it to matter more to you?

Thirdly, I was raised to respect my elders. To look out for those who are sick, weak and unable to protect themselves. I have a grandson who was born very premature who has had lung issues since birth. He is on my priority list.

Fourthly, nobody just wanted to "keep the country closed". They only wanted the CDC guidelines to be followed. Fourteen consecutive days with decreasing cases. Most Americans trust experts in the field over politicians. Thus, not political until somebody else decided to make it political.

Now I have been reading what is going on in Ohio. They are taking this much more seriously than where I live. There are no "one way aisles" in our grocery stores. Thus no actual social distancing. Sure they have X's posted for waiting in line, but that after you just passed customer after customer has passed each other in aisle after aisle during their entire shopping trip. And masks? Some, but my guess would be less than half are wearing them here.

So that death toll will be rising and the percentage you used will be increasing. It would have anyway. The question then becomes, how many more people will die, how many more hospitals will be overrun because we didn't listen to actual health experts over politicians? Oh yes, it was made political. But it didn't have to be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

Obama administration asked for funding to tackle future pandemics but Republicans refused

Barack Obama’s efforts to replenish America’s stockpile of protective equipment for healthcare workers were repeatedly blocked by Republican lawmakers, an investigation has found.

The investigation by ProPublica found requests for funding to purchase protective equipment and train medical staff to prepare for future outbreaks were denied by a Republican-controlled House of Representatives that was filled with Tea Party-affiliated politicians.

Citing budget documents, as was as administration and congressional officials involved in negotiations, the report discovered that “had Congress kept funding at the 2010 level through the end of the Obama administration, the stockpile would have benefited from $321m (£259m) more than it ended up getting.”

Healthcare workers treating coronavirus patients across the country have complained about a lack of proper protective equipment. Many are having to reuse masks, which puts them at greater risk of contracting the virus.

As the coronavirus has continued to spread across the US in recent weeks, Donald Trump has repeatedly tried to shift blame for shortfalls in the government’s response to the outbreak onto his predecessor. Speaking last month, the US president said the Obama administration “made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing.” It was unclear exactly what decision the president was referring to.

Mr Trump has also blamed the Obama administration and state governors for shortages of protective equipment for healthcare workers across the country.

Earlier this month he said he had “inherited a broken system.” He added: “They also gave us empty cupboards. The cupboard was bare … So we took over a stockpile with a cupboard that was bare.”

In fact, Mr Obama’s efforts to build up the stockpile and prepare for the next outbreak were stymied by a Republican-controlled House of Representatives that was heavily influenced by Tea Party-affiliated politicians elected on promises of cutting back government spending.

Speaking in 2014, Mr Obama argued it was necessary to set up a “public health infrastructure that we need to deal with potential outbreaks in the future.”

He said: “There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly, and in order for us to deal with that effectively we have to put in place an infrastructure, not just here at home but globally, that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.”

At the time, the former president was asking for hundreds of millions of dollars in funding to prepare the US for future pandemics, but the request was rejected by Republican politicians.

The funding was a small part of an emergency request for $6.18bn (£3.98bn) to deal with the Ebola epidemic in 2014. As part of that package, hundreds of millions were to be set aside to help the country prepare for the next outbreak by procuring personal protective equipment for the country’s strategic national stockpile and training medical staff.

Most of that money was eventually secured, but funding for the future preparedness programmes was reduced. According to ProPublica, only $165m (£132m) went to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention’s public health emergency preparedness programmes, which included the stockpile.

link

#GMStong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

Trump shared he's been taking the medicine that's been proven to give heart issues and increases the chances of dying from covid.

Why?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
J/C

Trump shared he's been taking the medicine that's been proven to give heart issues and increases the chances of dying from covid.

Why?

Well since it came out of his word hole it’s likely a lie.
If, by chance, it isn’t a lie, he’s taking it because he’s stupid. Which is the truth.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Well since it came out of his word hole it’s likely a lie.
If, by chance, it isn’t a lie, he’s taking it because he’s stupid. Which is the truth.

rofl

#GMStong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Cuomo should have kept his "word hole" shut.

Cuomo Defends Nursing Home Policy: 'Older People, Vulnerable People Are Going to Die'

|
May 17, 2020

Source: Darren McGee/Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo via AP

New York Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo is under fire for his disastrous policy of sending elderly Wuhan coronavirus patients to nursing homes. President Trump even approved a temporary hospital at New York City's Javitz Center to house and treat coronavirus patients. The president also sent a floating hospital packed with emergency supplies to New York to make additional space. But with a fawning press behind him, Gov. Cuomo decided in all his wisdom that elderly people, sick and contagious with the Wuhan coronavirus, should be sent instead to nursing homes full of other elderly, vulnerable people. The policy went on for weeks. The press was probably too busy looking for bad news about hydroxychloroquine to question the governor's deadly directive.

"He worked it out so we always had available beds. Nobody was deprived of a bed or medical coverage in any way," Gov. Cuomo said on Sunday in defense of his nursing home policy. "And still, people died. Still, people died. Older people, vulnerable people are going to die from this virus. That is going to happen despite whatever you do. Because with all our progress as a society, we can't keep everyone alive."

A March 25th state mandate required nursing homes to admit suspected or diagnosed cases of the coronavirus. The ill-conceived mandate even prohibited nursing homes from requiring a coronavirus test for incoming hospital transfers. Cuomo only reversed the policy after mounting criticism earlier this month.

"The way this has been handled by the state is totally irresponsible, negligent and stupid," Elaine Mazzotta, who lost her mother from a suspected COVID-19 infection at a Long Island nursing home, told the Associated Press. "They knew better. They shouldn’t have sent these people into nursing homes."

NPR reported last month that more than half of the COVID-19 deaths in New York state happened in nursing homes. NPR also analyzed data from 11 New York nursing homes with the highest number of deaths and found the majority of those nursing homes had a disproportionate number of minorities.

While the governor was telling young, healthy people to save lives by staying home, his administration was sending coronavirus patients to nursing homes. In April, Cuomo responded to reopen protesters by saying it was "no time to act stupid." He should have followed his own advice.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonsto...ple-ar-n2568965

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
J/C

Why?

Maybe he's looking for a way out that doesn't end with him in jail. Hope it works for him thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Stop changing the damn title.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Title fixed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Florida COVID-19 data chief says she was removed from post after refusing to censor data

The Week
Catherine Garcia
,The Week•May 19, 2020

Rebekah Jones, the architect and onetime manager of Florida's COVID-19 dashboard, said on Monday she was removed from her post after she would not censor data.

In an email to CBS12 News, Jones said she refused to "manually change data to drum up support" for Florida's plan to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. The dashboard shares data on coronavirus cases, testing, and deaths by county and ZIP code, and is used by the public and academic and private researchers working on coronavirus models. Jones led a team of Florida Department of Health data scientists and public health officials to create the dashboard, which was praised last month by Dr. Deborah Birx of the White House coronavirus task force.

Earlier Monday, Florida Today reported that on May 5, Jones sent an email to researchers letting them know that she had been removed from her position, and for "reasons beyond my division's control," they would no longer be publishing or fixing data. Jones wrote that she did not know "what data they are now restricting," and "as a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months."

Over the last few weeks, the dashboard has gone offline, data has disappeared without explanation, and it's been difficult to gain access to underlying data sheets, Florida Today reports. The Florida Department of Health did not respond to requests for comment on the data and Jones' removal from her position.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-covid-19-data-chief-040254034.html

Legend
Legend
Sounds like another "Resist"-er who couldn't manage to keep her politics and science separate.

Florida has done quite well through all of this.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

I get that there is some subterfuge to this attack on the WHO, but man it is straight to the point.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Sounds like another "Resist"-er who couldn't manage to keep her politics and science separate.

Really? What could possibly have drawn you to that conclusion? Because I didn't see anything in the article that would suggest anything of the sort.

#GMStong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Florida has done quite well through all of this.

^ Sounds like a Trump cheerleader who couldn't manage to keep his conspiracy theories straight.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Wars 2020 The Wrath of Stupidity

Link Copied to Clipboard