Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
The doors to the discovery of ObamaGate have only just opened.

The flood of information has only just begun to flow.

Patience while Justice takes shape is advised.

You can't feast until the table has been set.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I really just don't understand the need to censor or do anything at all from these outlets, whether that's Twitter, Facbook, anything.

All information should be free flowing except something that's illegal or an immediate danger such as terrorism. Individuals need to be educated enough to make their own decisions for what to consume and what to believe. That's their own responsibility not some company or government's job to tell them otherwise based on arbitrary rules.
EVERY and all Presidents should be fact checked. Barack to Trump and if he wins to Biden, and to the next guy/gal that takes the seat.

I am sorry, but when the President has said himself that Twitter is a way to reach his base and the American People, he is using it as a source of information, and it should be fact checked.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I really just don't understand the need to censor or do anything at all from these outlets, whether that's Twitter, Facbook, anything.

All information should be free flowing except something that's illegal or an immediate danger such as terrorism. Individuals need to be educated enough to make their own decisions for what to consume and what to believe. That's their own responsibility not some company or government's job to tell them otherwise based on arbitrary rules.
EVERY and all Presidents should be fact checked. Barack to Trump and if he wins to Biden, and to the next guy/gal that takes the seat.

I am sorry, but when the President has said himself that Twitter is a way to reach his base and the American People, he is using it as a source of information, and it should be fact checked.

You'll get branded a snowflake commie libtard if you keep up with the sound logic and thinking ... and of course post anything that questions the King.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

It is one thing to take it upon ourselves to fact check anyone's statement but an entirely different circumstance for a private messaging company to assign fact checking to one citizen.

Especially a messaging company with a track record of anti Conservative actions.

Where were Twitters fact checks on Nancy Pelosi or Adam Schiff?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Legend
Legend
And it has been interesting to see how Obama's cohorts and minions speak on TV out of one side of their mouths and then tell a completely different story when under Oath. tsktsk

F
Legend
Legend
F
Zuckerberg knocks Twitter for fact-checking Trump, says private companies shouldn't be 'the arbiter of truth'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-twitter-fact-checking-trump

One of their own agrees that Twitter was wrong.

Sorry but this is funny.

https://www.facebook.com/journalismproject/programs/third-party-fact-checking/how-it-works

Facebook’s Approach to Fact-Checking: How It Works
Since we do not believe that a private company like Facebook should be the arbiters of truth, we rely on independent fact-checkers to identify and review potential misinformation, which enables us to take action.

Identify
We identify potential misinformation using a variety of signals, and our fact-checking partners can also proactively identify content on their own.
Review
Fact-checkers review and rate the accuracy of stories through original reporting, including interviewing primary sources, consulting public data and conducting analyses of media, including photos and video.
Act
Once we have a rating from a fact-checking partner, we take action by ensuring that fewer people see that misinformation by surfacing fact-check articles to users across our platforms and showing labels on top of false stories.

Third party or not, facts are facts, if they can be proven true/false, then falsities should be corrected and identified.

Facebook is filled with so many false and untrue stories passed around as truth.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 05/28/20 12:23 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

D
Legend
Legend
D

Your clearly not following this .... if u were u would have a different response ...

U have any clue who twitters “fact checker” is ... lets just say its like putting a fox in charge of the security of the hen house ...

Legend
Legend

Here is a documented conservative republican point of view on the subject.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020...ek-in-politics/

If possible take the time to listen.

Have an open mind.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

So the same party who says businesses should not be regulated and have the right to run their business as they see fit, are now throwing a fit because a business is doing just that.

Another basic principal they have abandoned in their Trumpian fervor.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Poor poor Trumpians are triggered because dear leader gets called on the carpet for abusing trusts and lying to his sheep. This is now another waste of time conspiracy theory type investigation started by Trump, just like obamagate, investigate the investigators, vote by mail fraud, etc.

Stupid people buy into the dumbest crap.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Here is a documented conservative republican point of view on the subject.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020...ek-in-politics/

If possible take the time to listen.

Have an open mind.

I will IF u will have an honest discussion with me about it ... which (how’d i do Clem .. i had to think about it .. *L*) ...

Which means u have to open your mind also ... the way your request reads its like i am close minded yet u have an open mind ... which is BS ..

Let me know if your game ... ill listen anyway ... but i’ll keep my opinions to myself unless u want to have an honest discussion about it ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
You wish to require OTHER PEOPLE have on open mind?

saywhat

Oh, that's rich.

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
U got me again Forrest .... thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see that frontal lobotomy isn't working out very well for you. wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
The social media giant's action and Trump's response rekindled simmering frustration among Republicans who say their voices are being censored on platforms with workforces concentrated in liberal-leaning Silicon Valley.

And they are full of Crap... Bunch of Crybabies.. Weak minded.

#snowflakes

They whine about everything. Oh no, I'm being beat down because they don't like me....Yikes, I'm not sure I've ever seen a bigger bunch of lying crybabies.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

It is one thing to take it upon ourselves to fact check anyone's statement but an entirely different circumstance for a private messaging company to assign fact checking to one citizen.

Especially a messaging company with a track record of anti Conservative actions.

If you followed along, you would realize that this is not a one off thing, and they have fact checked others.

Last I checked, hes the POTUS, not just a citizen. He is literally the face the of country - and thus should be fact checked. Why do you have an issue with them fact checking the President - and no issue with the President needing fact checked?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

[color:#FFCC33]Here is a documented conservative republican point of view on the subject.

S.E. Cupp? rofl The typical 'token republican'...CNN has several of these people.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Be careful or you're going to be labeled a liberal snowflake. I know you're not and we've debated things amongst ourselves several times.

I've said this many times and I'll say it again. There are times I disagree with both parties. When it comes to social issues I certainly disagree with Republicans more. But that has what it has always been. A disagreement of political ideas. A difference in political platforms. That has been going on forever.

But this is a different animal. This is about basic human decency. About having some sense of accountability. There has never been anything like it before. Attacking the press. Name calling every opponent. Firing several IG's that are responsible for government oversight. Threatening and trying to interfere with the free press and private business as he is now doing with Twitter. As he has done with Amazon and the USPS.

Nothing about that spells democracy. Nothing about any of that are American ideas. It's about wanting a president with some minimum standard. And while Biden certainly wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice, we are now at a point that simple common decency requires this nation make a change. It's no longer about politics.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I do have an open mind.

I am neither a republican or democrat. I have zero preconceptions. I listen to what is available without prejudice. I seek sources that deal with facts not opinions. I don't depend upon CNN or Fox.

All I want is for the leader of the country to be truthful. If the person does not have the expertise to depend upon those who do. Not to believe that they know more than the generals, judges, intelligence agencies, and medical experts. To provide a unified message to the citizens to protect their health. To set an example for conduct and leadership. Not the opposite like not wearing a mask.

The conduct of the person who now occupies the highest office in this country is deplorable.

There is no way to sugar coat it. Has zero to do with liberal, conservative, republican or democrat.

It has everything to do with being a leader in office with the intent to improve life for all Americans.

trump has demonstrated over and over and over again what his intent is. His own self glorification.

Legend
Legend

If you followed along, you would realize that this is not a one off thing, and they have fact checked others.

Last I checked, hes the POTUS, not just a citizen. He is literally the face the of country - and thus should be fact checked. Why do you have an issue with them fact checking the President - and no issue with the President needing fact checked?

Fact-checking by CNN and the Washington Post? PA-LEEZE

So where are the fact checks on Nancy, head of the House or Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee?

This is all an effort by Twitter to push the agenda of mail in voting.

P
Legend
Legend
P
God help anyone who expects any type of daily honesty from the president. Trying to compare someone telling a lie on occasion to one spoon feeding lies on a daily basis isn't attractive.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
God help anyone who expects any type of daily honesty from the president. Trying to compare someone telling a lie on occasion to one spoon feeding lies on a daily basis isn't attractive.

God help you when a large corporation singles you out for special negative treatment that you defend using on other citizens.

M
Legend
Legend
M

This is all an effort by Twitter to push the agenda of mail in voting.

rofl
Straight out of the mouth of Trump - brought to you by 40 ...

So the lies and the false propaganda peddled about Lori ???

See - it doesn't matter who checks the facts... Facts are facts. Fact is Lori wasn't murdered. But that's why #factsdontmatter to you and the rest of the Trump supporters.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P

God help you when a large corporation singles you out for special negative treatment that you defend using on other citizens.

Just remember, it's your side who says corporations are people too. You seemed to support that until it doesn't suit your purposes.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Who falls for this pathetic stuff?

The flood of information has only just begun to flow.

Patience while Justice takes shape is advised.

You can't feast until the table has been set.

Got my answer.
Thanks.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
which (how’d i do Clem .. i had to think about it .. *L*) ...

rofl

Dawg- I appreciate the effort!
Nicely done.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Still trying to see if 'obamagate' will stick to the wall, I see.

Who falls for this pathetic stuff?

Satire.

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Had me going for the first 30 seconds or so. Brilliant.

Last edited by oobernoober; 05/28/20 02:41 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Seeing as how u don’t want me dying I figured saving your eyes was the least I could do ... *L* ...

1 for 1 ... good start ... thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
His videos are great. My guess is there’s a bunch of MAGA hatters out there that don’t realize it’s satire... which is funny in its own right.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c

So the same party who says businesses should not be regulated and have the right to run their business as they see fit, are now throwing a fit because a business is doing just that.

Another basic principal they have abandoned in their Trumpian fervor.

I will state that when Trump tried to block people on Twitter and got sued and the court forced him to unblock them... this became about more than just a business doing what it wants to do and turned Twitter (and other social media platforms) into a recognized member of "the media"... which took the 1A discussion to a whole different level with respect to social media....

So if they are going to play in that sandbox, then their attempts to regulate, fact-check, block, suspend, etc will be (and should be) much more harshly scrutinized...

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

When Pelosi accuses someone of Murder, ill care if she is fact checked on Twitter.

how often does Pelosi tweet?
How many Tweets have been deemed false?

I despise Pelosi, I have no issue with her being fact checked, why do you care if the President is?

Did the President lie about Joe S. murdering someone? Did the President tweet false information about mail in ballots?

Yes or no.

No other response is needed. Answer the last two questions.

D
Legend
Legend
D

I do have an open mind.

Ditto

Quote:
I am neither a republican or democrat. I have zero preconceptions. I listen to what is available without prejudice. I seek sources that deal with facts not opinions. I don't depend upon CNN or Fox.

Ditto word for word ... i watch fox business and Tucker Carlson a few times a week at most ,,, thats it for me and fox ...

I thought Regan was not a good president ... i left the Republican Party right after his second term ... IMO neither side cares about us and they all lie through there teeth .. I’ve voted for business men on both sides at every level for 20 years now ... our country has been in economic decline for 30 years now and it keeps getting worse ...

i voted for Clinton twice and thought he has been our best president since the moron Nixon ... thought Clinton was a disgusting human being back then and still do but he did a decent job at being president and thats what i care about ..

Quote:
All I want is for the leader of the country to be truthful.

Me too ... when’s the last time we had that? .. my memories go back to JFK who turned the White House into a whore house .... maybe Carter was honest ... other than that ... good luck ...

Quote:
If the person does not have the expertise to depend upon those who do. Not to believe that they know more than the generals, judges, intelligence agencies, and medical experts. To provide a unified message to the citizens to protect their health. To set an example for conduct and leadership. Not the opposite like not wearing a mask.

Thats a pretty open minded statement ... rolleyes ....

u wanna chat about those line by line no problem ... throwing blanket statements out like that is a lot to have an HONEST discussion about at this point ...

Quote:
The conduct of the person who now occupies the highest office in this country is deplorable.

I won’t argue with that ... he’s a NYC Real Estate Developer ... thats not an excuse ... its who he is ... i wish he wasn’t a jackass near as much as he is ... it’s embarrassing at times ...

For me ... the good far far outweighs the bad .... if u gave me a nicer version of trump I’d vote for them in a heartbeat .... there is no option like that ..... there wasn’t in the primary 4 years ago and there sure as hell isn’t one opposing him this election ....

Quote:
There is no way to sugar coat it. Has zero to do with liberal, conservative, republican or democrat. It has everything to do with being a leader in office with the intent to improve life for all Americans.

trump has demonstrated over and over and over again what his intent is. His own self glorification.

Another real open minded post ... lets just say I couldn’t agree less with your opinion .... and the FACTS back up my side on this one ....

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trumps tantrum leads to an executive order to interfere with social media. Whining ass Barr in the signing presser trying to justify this... ALL BS BECAUSE TRUMP ISN'T ALLOWED TO BLATANTLY LIE! I hope he hangs some day.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

Facts. The facts of your opinion?

ok.

IMO. What we leave behind for future generations is who we are.

trump's war on the environment is enough for me to never consider him as anything more fossil fuel stooly.

He wants to drill for oil and gas in National Parks.

I could go on and on. Check his record.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Twitter Corrects Fact Check on Voting After It Gets Fact-checked

Joel B. Pollak

28 May 2020

Twitter corrected the notice that it appended to tweets by President Donald Trump on Tuesday after the Wall Street Journal pointed out that the fact check, itself, was factually inaccurate.

After Trump tweeted criticism of California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s decision to send mail-in ballot applications to every registered voter in the state, Twitter added a “fact check” label that read: “Get the facts about mail-in ballots.”

….living in the state, no matter who they are or how they got there, will get one. That will be followed up with professionals telling all of these people, many of whom have never even thought of voting before, how, and for whom, to vote. This will be a Rigged Election. No way!

Twitter’s fact-checking link pointed users to articles by CNN and the Washington Post — two outlets notorious for their opposition to the Trump administration.

However, the Wall Street Journal noted:

Twitter’s fact check of Mr. Trump’s tweet appeared to contain its own misleading statement, however, stating that “mail-in ballots are already used in some states, including Oregon, Utah and Nebraska.” That statement appears to conflate automatic all-mail voting with absentee ballots in regards to at least one state.

While all states allow absentee voting via the mail, only a handful of states including Oregon and Utah automatically send registered voters mail-in ballots. Nebraska, in contrast, recently mailed applications to every voter—in response to the pandemic, and the state didn’t automatically send ballots.

The mistake raised questions about Twitter’s ability to serve as an independent service to fact check statements by Mr. Trump or other political figures on its service. Late Tuesday, Twitter updated its language to remove reference to Nebraska and instead stated that “five states already vote entirely by mail and all states offer some form of mail-in absentee voting.”

The Journal noted in an update: “Late Tuesday Twitter updated its language in a fact-check of President Trump’s tweet.” The Journal‘s Dustin Volz tweeted: “It was corrected after an elections professional notified the company (and me) about the mistake.”

As Breitbart News has reported, California faces at least two lawsuits over mail-in ballots by plaintiffs alleging that Newsom lacks constitutional and legal authority to change the state’s voting system without legislative approval.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/05/2...IiPw2h9mPTM5rGg

A
Legend
Legend
A
So, twitters fact checkers need fact checkers to check the facts that twitters fact checker's misrepresent? Imagine that.

I think DC's post, in a different thread I believe, was spot on: twitter's fact checker/s are republican haters. Imagine that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Twitter labeled Trump tweets with a fact check for the first time

Link Copied to Clipboard