Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

Quote:
Yellow triangles were for Jews, red triangles for political prisoners, purple for Jehovah's Witnesses, pink for homosexuals, green for criminals, black for Gypsies and "asocials," and blue for emigrants. Letters printed on badges usually indicated nationality.

Link

Legend
Legend
All fascists hate anti fascism. That’s why trump supporters and white supremacists pose as antifa and instigate violence at peaceful protests.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
white supremacists pose as antifa and instigate violence at peaceful protests.

A "perfect" example....

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Twitter says fake "Antifa" account was run by white supremacists

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

2 ‘Boogaloo’ Members Charged in Drive-by Shooting of Federal Officer in Oakland

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2020/0...cer-in-oakland/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Twitter says fake "Antifa" account was run by white supremacists

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

2 ‘Boogaloo’ Members Charged in Drive-by Shooting of Federal Officer in Oakland

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2020/0...cer-in-oakland/

Yes, there are whacko righties and white supremacists taking advantage of the situation and causing mayhem.

The bigger inquiry is, at least to me, who is doing the most damage in this entire ordeal of rioting and city damage, assulting people, etc? Where/Who is the larger concern? That answer pretty obvious and there is COUNTLESS video evidence of the main perpetrators. Not altered photos, not skewed articles based on political leanings.... documented footage.

The problem is they are laced with so much profanity and extreme violence, it can't be posted. But if one serious looked, they would see what is out there. I encourage you to do the same.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't dismiss that there are people on both sides inflicting the damage. I just refuse to sit around and point all the fingers in one direction. That's exactly what The White House did. And it's what you have done on this board.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I will continue to point out large groups that are convening and organizing for nothing more than to encourage destruction and anarchy. If I come across a group organizing for nothing more than similar destruction and anarchy, and is related to a white supremacist group(s), I'll post it if/when I see it. And to presuppose like your boy Perfect did that the only reason rioting is happening is due to racist white people, I'll showcase the contrary because it's abundantly clear that is not the case. Funny you didn't call him out on that. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Again, I'll ask where the bigger trouble lies in groups causing the rioting, personal injuries, destruction, taking over property, etc....

...Radical left groups or radical right groups?

Both are terrible, obviously. But who is currently causing the most damage? And not just from a physical destruction perspective of cities and businesses, but even bastardizing the Black Lives Matter movement as well and peaceful protests.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is the triangle actually part of the tweet or is it an advertisement next to a tweet?

or is it a completely fabricated image?

It could be legit, but a file on imgur doesn't inspire much confidence in its authenticity.

Too many people trying to mislead others.

Instead of trying to paint horrible people worse, we need to do more to find good people and get them in office.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I went to the FB page and didn't see anything. Now, it could have been removed or it might never have been there.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
The ads were inactivated.

Love how this thread turned into "WHATABOUT ANTIFA!!!" instead of concerns about fascist iconography.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Facebook released a statement.

Quote:

New York (CNN Business)Facebook on Thursday said it had take action against ads run by President Trump's re-election campaign for breaching its policies on hate. The ads, which attacked what the Trump campaign described as "Dangerous MOBS of far-left groups," featured an upside-down triangle.

The Anti-Defamation League said Thursday the triangle "is practically identical to that used by the Nazi regime to classify political prisoners in concentration camps."

"We removed these posts and ads for violating our policy against organized hate. Our policy prohibits using a banned hate group's symbol to identify political prisoners without the context that condemns or discusses the symbol," Andy Stone, a Facebook spokesperson, told CNN Business.

Source

Furthermore on this, the first sentence on this advertisements is 14 words. "14 words" is a rallying cry of white supremacy. The Team Trump page bought 88 ads for this, and 88 is code for HH. HH means Heil Hitler in white supremacist circles. Usually this whole thing is combined as 1488, 14/88, or some use where both are combined.

1488 explanation

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's obvious what you wish to focus on and how you wish to ignore any accountability of the other side. Agendas are funny that way.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Oh look, more receipts!

Ad sponsored by the President's Campaign

=desc&sort_data[mode]=relevancy_monthly_grouped]Pence's page running same ad.

Click uncover ad and you can see the nazi iconography.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's obvious nobody wishes to address it and instead use the same old screaming, hair on fire/Antifa. It's the standard go to line when you make them uncomfortable or they face legitimate facts that upset them.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's obvious what you wish to focus on and how you wish to ignore any accountability of the other side. Agendas are funny that way.

All that is missing from your non-response response is:

#Triggered
#Snowflake

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Just look at the Chop thread for another great example of the same thing you describe.

Post something that breaks the narrative? Either met with "oh you think..." or silence.

I remember when we actually discussed all sorts of issues from 2011-2015. We did so without this purgatory forum. Wonder what happened with fellow posters that suddenly "political topics!!!!!!" became like a deadly disease to them.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
As they should.

Deplatform White Supremacy. Deplatform Nazis.

I hate Illinois Nazis!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
All that is missing from your non-response response is:

#Triggered
#Snowflake

I'll have to remember to add those in next time.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I remember when we actually discussed all sorts of issues from 2011-2015. We did so without this purgatory forum. Wonder what happened with fellow posters that suddenly "political topics!!!!!!" became like a deadly disease to them.

My guess would be the deadly disease that swept the country in late 2016. The Trumpona virus.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My guess would be the deadly disease that swept the country in late 2016. The Trumpona virus.

Trump is a symptom, not the disease. He does seem to help spread it, though.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

Trump is a symptom, not the disease. He does seem to help spread it, though.

And that's actually the entire point. Pouring gas on a slow burning fire helps create an inferno.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Darn those Amish Nazis with that racist symbol on the back of their buggies.

It just seems a bit conspiracy theory-ish. Are we supposed to be outlawing basic shapes now?

Was the 14/88 thing intentional? Maybe. I wouldn't put it past them. At the same time, I could also see it having been a setup. 14 word sentences aren't that unusual. How hard would it be to offer 88 slots and wait for a 14 word "ad?"

There's been so much shady garbage on both sides, it's hard to take anything presented in the media at face value.

Perhaps if it had been presented by someone else not so frequently blatantly one sided, my interpretation would have been different. I have a hard time trusting "extremists" no matter their side.

Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Glad I’m living rent free in your head, too!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Using the source as the logic for your opinion has become quite common place. Much more popular since the "fake news" Trumpism has been spread.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
On the surface, this looks very bad from the Trump Admin. I am eagerly waiting a response from them, hopefully sooner rather that later. Or they could dodge it altogether. If so, that might further incriminate him on intent. However, I thought this was funny:

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
So I’m extreme...yet you [b][i]continually[\b][\I] come at me without actually ever coming back with factually sourced statements that I do my factually based arguments.

So Bull, I’ll tell you what I’ve told Erik. If you wish to come at me to expose my “extremism” please do so on a manner that doesn’t miss.

And your “we need to be polite to coddle individuals while not calling things what they factually are” has been used to oppress minority communities for centuries. Get that weak stuff outta here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Using the source as the logic for your opinion has become quite common place. Much more popular since the "fake news" Trumpism has been spread.

Questioning everything has become a necessity when it appears that most people have agendas.

Blindly sucking down a narrative rarely ends well.

I dig into everything.

Occasionally my frustration comes out in sarcasm, but I at least try not to be rigidly dogmatic.

It's the I read this online and you have to believe it 100% as the gospel without considering anything else approach that I can't resist responding to regardless of which side it came from. Nothing good comes from getting in the habit of blindly accepting things.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So I’m extreme...yet you [b][i]continually[\b][\I] come at me without actually ever coming back with factually sourced statements that I do my factually based arguments.

So Bull, I’ll tell you what I’ve told Erik. If you wish to come at me to expose my “extremism” please do so on a manner that doesn’t miss.

And your “we need to be polite to coddle individuals while not calling things what they factually are” has been used to oppress minority communities for centuries. Get that weak stuff outta here.

You present things in an extreme fashion. You expect people to accept your ideas wholesale without any questions. You see asking questions as "coming at you." You don't want to discuss anything. What would you call that?

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess one could see it in different ways. None of them seem very good options however.

One would be that Trump is too dumb to do any investigation about anything he promotes. This may help explain many such racist type things he's posted to Twitter.

The second would be that he follows racists on Twitter and associates himself with them by following them. By retweeting their posts it seems he agrees with them and supports their message.

Three could be that he has someone in charge of his Twitter account who promotes a racist agenda.

I guess four could be that as many times as he has retweeted racist Twitter accounts it could all just be some crazy coincidence.

However as a police officer I'm pretty sure you would quickly dismiss number four.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
You present things in an extreme fashion.

I present items in a factual manner that uses classical greek rhetorical practices with ethos, logos, and pathos.

Quote:
You expect people to accept your ideas wholesale without any questions.

I understand facts are hard for some to understand.

I don't expect everyone to be okay with reality as a large swath of individuals in our country want to make laws based on dogma that has no factual proven basis.

I know people will think. I mean right now you're thinking, or at least were, when you came into this thread. I don't expect to be the person to change your mind. Only you can change your mind.

Quote:
You see asking questions as "coming at you."

When I present an argument based in logos and ethos, backed with a bit of pathos, I don't think it's unreasonable for counter-points to actually try and disprove using factual information. I would love to be proven wrong by facts as this is how I learn. Instead you get caught up in the "well, can't state this fact because it's going to offend some people" game.

If you stand for nothing, Burr, what'll you fall for?

Quote:
What would you call that?

I call that the microcosm which this board shifted to post-2015. I presented arguments and such the same way since I started posting here in 2011. Suddenly it's an extreme thing to post factual arguments that hold people accountable for their views.

The majority can deal with being offended as that's the price of privilege while minorities deal with second-rate freedoms and opportunities in this country.

O
Legend
Legend
O
[quote]
I understand facts are hard for some to understand.

I don't expect everyone to be okay with reality as a large swath of individuals in our country want to make laws based on dogma that has no factual proven basis.

And which (ethos, pathos, logos) is this? There appears to be a 4th (trying to convince someone by insulting them).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Logos.

Argument based on factual data.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll agree with you only if the argument has reached the point of everyone giving up and resorting to satire.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M

We'll see if more info comes out about this.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The, "Oh my bad. Honest mistake"

rofl

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
The, "Oh my bad. Honest mistake"

rofl

Right. It more goes to the question in an earlier tweet....

Trump is a complete and utter dumbass OR that he is a detail-oriented historical scholar with abiding knowledge of Juneteenth, the 1921 Tulsa racist riot, and Nazi symbology.

It's clearly the former. Unfortunately, this topic falls into that category as well.... As do some of its participants.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
Unfortunately, this topic falls into that category as well.... As do some of it's participants.

You really shouldn't be putting yourself down that way. I mean if you don't stand up for yourself, who will?

Do you have any idea how many times he has retweeted racists? How about the times he has said racist things?

Yeah, it's all an accident. rofl

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump And Pence Ditch The Racist Dog Whistle For The Nazi Kazoo: Uses Nazi Iconography In Campaign Ad

Link Copied to Clipboard