Print Thread
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.

“The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” said Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, who co-authored the study with Henry Ford epidemiologist Dr. Samia Arshad. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Yup, more of the liberal media lies just because they hate Trump so much they literally ridiculed ANYONE who dare question their hate filled positions all because Trump suggested this drug may help people.

This hospital system was literally THE ONLY ONE who told the WHO and the other liberal nutjobs to **** off!!!! We are using the Hydroxychloroquine treatment.

The results speak for themselves, a HUGE drop in the mortality rates of people in their hospital system who were treated with it.

This puts a fork in the major news media for me.

The Liberal media put their bias and hatred of Trump over peoples care and treatment for a deadly disease. They got people killed. They purposely and maliciously misinformed people. Most hospitals were scared to use this treatment because of stupid liberal media backlash, and the major news networks were paid by big pharma to keep people scared and a vaccine is the only answer and in doing so far more people died than would have otherwise.

It makes me sick to think how many more people would have survived this had they gotten this treatment...what a damn shame...

Legend
Legend
Peer reviewed, large sample size, statistically significant result.

That's what I've been waiting to see with the whole hubbub over HCQ, and I have been a naysayer of it in the past. I'm onboard; roll it out everywhere, ASAP.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I wonder why people were previously so doubtful ?

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/us-stud...irus-sufferers/

As you say, proving it with science validates everything. Saying "'People are really surprised I understand this stuff'" .... not so much.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
As noted in the other thread, it would be great if this were the case, but this was an observational study and not a clinical trial. Patients were not randomly chosen.

"Finally, concomitant steroid use in patients receiving hydroxychloroquine was more than double the non-treated group. This is relevant considering the recent RECOVERY trial that showed a mortality benefit with dexamethasone." The steroid dexamethasone can reduce inflammation in seriously ill patients.

The two actual clinical trial studies were stopped due to adverse patient reactions.

Here is an article out out from the Cleveland Clinic.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/do-not-take-hydroxychloroquine-for-coronavirus/

Here is from a much larger observational study, however...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-detroit-study/index.html

Legend
Legend
So, it cannot be both.

or, can it?

“We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
It would seem further clinical trials would need to be performed.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Results need to be replicated.

The only treatments with HCL that have "worked" are those that gamed the subject pool. That's not how science works.

The scientific method needs everything to be repeated.

Legend
Legend
Exactly.
And, apparently, Henry Ford used a repeatable process (according to the original post) to obtain their results.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Back on this? We wouldn’t need this unproven trash if the potus had his act together. Pffft trump and his supporters.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Results need to be replicated.

The only treatments with HCL that have "worked" are those that gamed the subject pool. That's not how science works.

The scientific method needs everything to be repeated.

IIRC (and I may be mistaken here), the Henry Ford study used a selected 'pool', not random selection. This issue has far too many political implications for peer reviews to be blindly accepted...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 07/07/20 04:46 PM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

And the only way to do that is to use it.

We know it is a safe drug. It's been around for a long time. Use it.

In the end you never really know who was going to die and who wasn't, but if the numbers pull back, it is safe to assume it is helping.

That's a good thing, right?

In a real test, if you think it helps but has no real side effects if it doesn't, you treat half the people with the drug and half without to check mortality rate. I know which half I want to belong.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

In the end you never really know who was going to die and who wasn't, but if the numbers pull back, it is safe to assume it is helping.

In a real test, if you think it helps but has no real side effects if it doesn't, you treat half the people with the drug and half without to check mortality rate. I know which half I want to belong.

Wearing a mask has been proven to save more lives than Hydro. But trump and his supporters are all....We don’t need no friggin masks. Pffft trump and his supporters. A bunch of know it all witch doctors. If trump really wants to save lives he’d mandate wearing masks in the USA before recommending Hydro.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Wearing a mask has been proven to save more lives than Hydro. But trump and his supporters are all....We don’t need no friggin masks. Pffft trump and his supporters. A bunch of know it all witch doctors. If trump really wants to save lives he’d mandate wearing masks in the USA before recommending Hydro.

In rare form this morning, I see.

I actually agree on wearing masks. I wear mine nearly everywhere I go unless it is out for walk and few people are around and I can maintain adequate space. If I feel a sneeze or cough headed, I am going to do something. I am not just going to sneeze in your face. I wouldn't do that in good times. However, I feel that should be more a local mandate rather than a Federal mandate. Starting Friday everybody in my county is required to mask up when in public. Some locations are hotter than others.

Some locations are high population, some aren't. Some farmer out plowing the field shouldn't have to wear a mask.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure how much further one can actually deviate away from clinical trials before some of you realize they stacked the deck to get the results they wanted.

Last time I saw any reporting on it they were using remdesivir and plasma therapy as the best known possibility to use in reducing the symptoms of Covid 19. Why this persistent distraction invented by Trump is continued to be supported based on some rigged study is preposterous.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Study Shows

Link Copied to Clipboard