Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
J/C

To bad many states just opened too early. There was a legitimate chance for this season to happen. But now with a surge of the virus. I don’t see it happening at all this year. No players no fans. Sad.

I don't think that's accurate in the sense that it assumes that the virus would just be magically eradicated if we all stayed closed longer. Covid is a different animal and it's hard to predict the "woulda-couldas" while we're in the middle of it. Most of the surges are in the category of stupid people doing stupid things. JMO...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
So the fact that many states reopened while cases were "still increasing" instead of following CDC guidelines has nothing to do with it?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So the fact that many states reopened while cases were "still increasing" instead of following CDC guidelines has nothing to do with it?

Nope. You're reversing the argument again. I'm simply saying that we have no idea if there was some pie-in-the-sky magical date that we could have met where the world would just return to normal afterwords.

Assuming that we could have just simply stayed closed longer and the sports world, fans at games, etc, etc, would return to normal has no basis steeped in fact. It will be a long, long time before we can look back at this thing and use real facts to predict a future response.

P
Legend
Legend
P
We could have used the facts to hand to have made better decisions as things reopened as well. The fact we didn't leads me to believe we very well may not in the future. When you ignored the fact at hand to begin with, I have no faith we will use them later.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No doubt. Humans do stupid things and like to think they're above it all, collectively as well as individually. It's just my opinion that most of the spread is because of individuals making stupid decisions, thus, "To bad many states just opened too early. There was a legitimate chance for this season to happen." seems pretty presumptuous to me.

Look at the alarming rate of NBA players that have tested positive - these are mostly individuals with the ways and means to avoid most of the risks involved in "everyday life" that average citizens face. They're not playing their sport, so you can't blame that for their exposure. Do states reopening have anything to do with their infection rates? Maybe - but not much.

This virus and the rate of spread is more a case of "play stupid games - win stupid prizes". Again, just my opinion. wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

After completing the survey, I traded emails with my ST rep. I spelled out that I have no intention of attending games, but I don't want to lose my seats. Here was her response;

"Thank you for filling out the survey! We actually already have it in our terms and conditions that should “An Act of God” scenario occur (pandemics included), and you do not feel comfortable attending games, you reserve the right to suspend your seats for that season and be credited back for any payments you’ve made. From there you will have the choice to roll over the credit for the following season or receive a full refund.

We will have more info in the next 2-3 weeks but thank you for letting me know where you stand at this point!"

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Great to know. Thanks!

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Great to know. Thanks!

It is. I am going to miss not seeing you this year. I am not going to games.

What I probably will do a few times is drive up to Cleveland if we are playing games, hit a restaurant or two and watch the game from my hotel room or some safe sports bar. I like making that 600 mile trip, as crazy as it sounds. Been doing it a long time. It's what I do.

Maybe if you feel like it, you can do the same, we can meet up and at least we have some sort of normal going on. I am going to miss seeing some of you more than actually going to the game, and I love going to games.

I have been going up for most games for 15 years now as a season ticket holder. 3-4 games a year for many years before that, just buying game tickets.

Yep, I am going to miss that more. Brian, Paul, Billy, Jan, Gretchen, Stanley, Ed, Melinda, Susan, Mark, John, and many more, you helped paint my life. Thank-you. I Love You.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is sad. But, I think you guys are making the right decision. It's still sad that y'all will not be able to get together, though.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is sad. But, I think you guys are making the right decision. It's still sad that y'all will not be able to get together, though.

It is sad, and we are making the right decision.

You have to protect you and yours first, then those around you.

If all of this goes away in a few weeks, great, but I don't think it is. It seems to be escalating.

All of the people I mentioned are people on this board or another board I visit, and that is just a quick sample of names. Once you know people, they are no longer Columbus, GM Saint,Diesel, Zombo, Hooper, Blitz, ImBrown, Hoorta, Ateners, Ice, DawgyLama, Brownsbabe, Rich4Eagle, Pitdawg, Shotty, Sperk, Arch, jfanant, overtoad, crazy otto ,Knoxdawg, DP John, Shep, Purp, Dr. Flotsam. Credit to Dr. Flotsam........the best board name ever....Conn, Corpy, Nursedawg, Fate . They are all real people. And I am missing a lot of names.

We might not be besties of besties, but all of us are friends, at least on gameday. We all have a bond, the Browns.

I will miss that. It was always enjoyable meeting the people behind the board names.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think its crazy out there...many yutes just feel invincible and after being cooped up for so long they just disregard the precautions. Cases going crazy now but deaths are not following suit thank goodness.

Read some where that some young adults are throwing Covid 19 parties and they are taking bets on who will catch the virus first...smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
F
Legend
Legend
F
I read something last night about how researchers are finding that immunity may not be a lasting effect, so we might as well get used to this things, as it's going to be in the annual flu cycle for a long time, even with a vaccine.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
I read something last night about how researchers are finding that immunity may not be a lasting effect, so we might as well get used to this things, as it's going to be in the annual flu cycle for a long time, even with a vaccine.

Yes. They’re thinking the antibodies post illness only last 2 to 4 months max. There will be no herd immunity.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Browns communicate with season ticket members about 2020 season

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-communicate-with-season-ticket-members-about-2020-season

The Browns on Thursday communicated important updates to their loyal base of season ticket members and provided preliminary expectations for the upcoming season.

While plans in most capacities remain fluid, one thing is certain: This upcoming season will look very different because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Browns remain in regular communication with state and local authorities, health departments and other medical experts as they continue to devise their operational plans for the 2020 season.

Though the Browns and the NFL remain confident games will be played, the likelihood of them occurring in full stadiums is very low. There will also be new policies and requirements for fans to follow when they arrive at games, such as physical distancing requirements, mandated facial coverings for everyone in the stadium, robust cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and changes to stadium layout, seat locations and fan circulation.

Browns season ticket members have been offered the opportunity to opt out of purchasing season tickets for the 2020 season while still retaining their seat location and priority for the 2021 season, along with certain season ticket member benefits. Even if the members do not opt out, the Browns can't currently guarantee they will receive tickets to a specific number of games or for particular seat locations during the 2020 season.

Here is the letter Browns season ticket holders received Thursday:

We hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy. We appreciate your continued support and loyalty to the Browns as a general or club seat season ticket member during these unprecedented past several months. We are energized by your passion and are diligently preparing to open the 2020 season with health and safety as our highest priority. We have been, and will remain, in regular communication with our state and local authorities, health departments and other medical experts, as well as the NFL, and are committed to following their guidance for our operations this season.

We are still in the process of developing our fan protocols and stadium operations plan for the 2020 season, but it is clear that the fan experience will be different. We have received preliminary guidance from the NFL (developed in conjunction with the CDC and national medical experts) regarding some of the policies and requirements that will likely be in place for NFL gamedays this season. These will include physical distancing requirements, mandated facial coverings for everyone in the stadium, robust cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and changes to stadium layout, seat locations and fan circulation. We will communicate more details around the stadium protocols and plan once finalized and approved. Please understand that these guidelines are fluid and may continue to evolve with the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 over the coming weeks and months.

As we are sure you can appreciate, we need to be flexible during this unique time, and while we remain confident that games will be played at FirstEnergy Stadium this year, the likelihood of being able to play in front of a full stadium is low at this time. It is also very possible that the preseason schedule will be shortened, and capacity allowances or game schedules may also change during the course of the season. We are planning for a number of scenarios and will share more information when it becomes available.

As we plan for the return of football this fall, given the current uncertainties, we are offering each season ticket member the opportunity to opt out of purchasing season tickets for the 2020 season and to still retain their seat location and priority for the 2021 season, along with certain season ticket member benefits this season (including merchandise discounts, mobile RedZone and access to membership services representatives). Any amounts paid to date for the 2020 season will be automatically applied to the 2021 season unless you indicate that you would prefer to receive a refund. Additionally, for season ticket members who are also PSL holders, all PSL rights and obligations will remain for 2021. If you would like to opt out of purchasing your season tickets for the 2020 season, you can do so by clicking here or the button below and we will be excited to see you in 2021. Please note that even if you do not opt out at this time, we are currently unable to guarantee that any fan will receive tickets to a specific number of games or for particular seat locations during the 2020 season.

We encourage you to call your Membership Services Representative at 440-891-5050 with any questions regarding your account, and sincerely appreciate your patience and support throughout this process. We will be in touch soon with further information, and we wish you all the best.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Just opted out of mine.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I opted out as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Likewise. I won't get to see my new seats til 2021. But that's OK.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Most likely opting out too.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
B
Legend
Legend
B
Just milling it over for a while. I am going to opt out. Just deciding on if I want a credit for next season or just take a refund since the tickets are paid in full at this point.

I am leaning for a refund. Nothing says I am going to be alive next year. What did you guys do?

I split the payment on my Marriott card back in February......I got my points towards rooms. Take my refund, I got my points, then do it again next year. Sounds like a good deal to me. I am up to about 20 nights at a normal Courtyard property like I stay at in Cleveland. At the usual in Nashville, it is about 1/2 higher. Courtyards meet all of my comfort requirements.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I am not a season ticket holder. So maybe my opinion doesn't count.

But you are right that none of us know if we'll be alive next season. I've also never been comfortable with someone else playing with my money when I could have that money drawing interest or working for me. From a strictly business standpoint allowing someone else to tie up my assets has never been something I have condoned.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am leaning for a refund. Nothing says I am going to be alive next year. What did you guys do?

Peen, I opted for rolling over the money to pay for tickets next year. The money was already spent and now I look at it as next season is already paid for. This option also allows you to retain your seat location.

If you opt for the refund it looks like you do not retain your current seats for next season nor your priority status for upgrading/relocating.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I am not a season ticket holder. So maybe my opinion doesn't count.

But you are right that none of us know if we'll be alive next season. I've also never been comfortable with someone else playing with my money when I could have that money drawing interest or working for me. From a strictly business standpoint allowing someone else to tie up my assets has never been something I have condoned.

Pit, sometimes you are an ass....so am I. Maybe that is why I like you most of the time and slap you once in a while.

I am not all that worried about $3500. It's not going to do all that much in the way of interest or investments over 1 year. I am more like a SOB. It's like, why should I pay for tickets someone else gets to use and I don't?

LOL. OK, not totally, but still, it's in the back of the head.

Many years ago you met my youngest son Chris. He is the Browns fan. My other children don't care. He gets my PSL's But dog gone it, he needs to pay. I have done a lot of paying over the years. He makes over $80K a year....he has a good solid job, he can pay. He's going to get a nice 3 way split once I and my wife pass.

You want the tickets, pay for them.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Many years ago you met my youngest son Chris. He is the Browns fan. My other children don't care. He gets my PSL's But dog gone it, he needs to pay. I have done a lot of paying over the years. He makes over $80K a year....he has a good solid job, he can pay. He's going to get a nice 3 way split once I and my wife pass.

Pay for what you get? Nonsense. That is not the new American way.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Peen, I opted for rolling over the money to pay for tickets next year. The money was already spent and now I look at it as next season is already paid for. This option also allows you to retain your seat location.

If you opt for the refund it looks like you do not retain your current seats for next season nor your priority status for upgrading/relocating.

Hmmmmm, I didn't see that. I'll look closer. Maybe make a call to clarify.

I plan on passing as a Browns season ticket holder. I don't want to give that away. Passing as a Browns season ticket holder is worth more than $3500. I don't want to sound like bragging, nor minimize $3500, but that isn't all that much money in my world. I am not some super wealthy guy by any means, but we are ok...$3500....it's just a thing.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, contact your ticket rep, but that was my impression. I could be mistaken.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Yeah, contact your ticket rep, but that was my impression. I could be mistaken.

I looked closely this morning. There is nothing in there about losing status, but I went ahead and rolled it over to next year.
That gives me reason to stick around for a while longer!

This way, next season will feel like a free season.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Pay for what you get? Nonsense. That is not the new American way.

rofl

You just can't let it go can you?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nope. Some of us are sick of working and paying for those of you who do nothing and still complain about how awful this country is.

Legend
Legend
J/C

Any current updates from the Browns? I’ve seen other teams state that they’ll allow 25% capacity or whatever

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I haven't seen anything. 25% sounds about right

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nope. Some of us are sick of working and paying for those of you who do nothing and still complain about how awful this country is.

You must be talking about those damned corporations again.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I haven't seen anything. 25% sounds about right
i thought so too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
j/c:

72 NFL players have tested positive for COVID-19

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-...ve-for-covid-19

P.S. Will it be games without fans or fans without games?

Legend
Legend
From what I am hearing it may be no fans and no games frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Possibly as it should be. Yet colleges and U's are hammering for dorm life.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Possibly as it should be. Yet colleges and U's are hammering for dorm life.

Which colleges?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Pretty much all of them at this time.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Pretty much all of them at this time.

The Cal State system, which has more students than any other state university system, will be online only in the fall. Same with the UC system. Are you referring only to schools in Ohio?

A
Legend
Legend
A
No, I'm referring to most schools. Great for the cal state schools. Open your eyes. MOST, vast majority are, at this time, saying dorms will be open.

I heard of the cal schools - state schools - cool. Check out other schools, again, AT THIS TIME.

Legend
Legend
AHH colleges. They want your MONEY and don't give a crap about anything else. I guess they have not changed in the last 45 years.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Games without fans

Link Copied to Clipboard