Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
The "I don't see race" or "I'm colorblind" argument leads to stripping people of their culture and heritage.

Be proud of who you are. Just don't use who you are to oppress other races, cultures, or creeds because you feel like you can.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Why would you feel the need to add another statement after saying Black Lives Matter?

Just saw this: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/justice-smith-comes-queer-voices-172305807.html

Why would he feel the need to add anything to "Black Lives Matter."?

No comment from anyone?

Legend
Legend
The "I don't see race" or "I'm colorblind" argument leads to stripping people of their culture and heritage.

There are very appropriate situations to say those things without stripping someone of their culture and heritage.

Quote:
Be proud of who you are. Just don't use who you are to oppress other races, cultures, or creeds because you feel like you can.

If someone here were to say they were proud to be white, male, straight, or American you'd be on the frickin' warpath.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
You assume.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Why would you feel the need to add another statement after saying Black Lives Matter?

Just saw this: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/justice-smith-comes-queer-voices-172305807.html

No comment from anyone?

Anyone?

L
Legend
Legend
L
ALM, rocket.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
A
Legend
Legend
A

No comment from anyone?

Rocket? No comment from you on why it's apparently ok for this guy to add to 'black lives matter', but it's not ok for others to add anything?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think we all know why Rocket is ignoring your questions. In addition to supporting blacks no matter what, he has been a long-term advocate for trans and gays. He always blames whites and Christians for all things that go wrong. So, if whites say it, they are racist and wrong. If trans, gays, or blacks say it..........they are good.

He is the same person he rails against. Just w/an opposite viewpoint.

Too much hate in this world. Too many folks seeking to divide our communities. Not enough focus on treating one another as individuals and evaluating proportionally.

I am going to reiterate this................I will NEVER be a part of either side that promotes hate, limited thinking, and unfair evaluations based on race, gender, religious beliefs, etc. I will continue to judge each person on their own individual merits and no amount of insults, ridicule, or labeling will deter me from my quest to be fair.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Maybe we'd be better off without all the baggage. People spend too much time looking backwards instead of towards the future. If there are things about the culture/heritage you like, embrace them. Unfortunately, people seem to embrace things because they are clinging to the way things have always been done within their "small" (self-defined/separated) group. They have a hard time looking at things critically. I'm not saying to forget the past, but it is the past, and change can be a good thing.

People seem to want everyone else to change without being willing to change themselves, nor are they even willing to look at themselves and the things they do critically. Honestly, I'm not even sure why you are twisting this into a culture/heritage issue.

I don't think the constantly shifting word use with regard to skin color/race/culture/heritage helps this problem get solved. It just distracts from the basic issue and divides people. George Floyd wasn't killed because of his culture/heritage.

You can't see culture or heritage at a glance. You might see artifacts that give an indication. Skin color by itself doesn't (perhaps shouldn't would be a better choice) define one's culture/heritage. We've kind of wrapped all those things together at times, particularly with the word "black," and maybe that's a part of the problem.

I also think you are kind of missing my point. I was never really saying we should ignore the fact that he was black. I've been saying that other things (such as the fact that he was a human being) should take precedence. In matters of crime, punishment, and policing, it (skin color) really shouldn't be a consideration at all. Making the skin color portion the apparent main focus of the movement seems to make it unnecessarily exclusive. It brings with it all the old cultural/heritage detritus of the past that really don't help address the issue of police brutality.

To me, we too often frame issues as having (opposing) sides, and then wonder why there is conflict. The whole "If you ain't with us, you against us" mentality doesn't help resolve issues.

Finding common ground solves more issues than telling people they can't be included.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I would say it for the fundamental belief.

However there's no way I would ever donate to their cause, mainly due to the propaganda on their website I've seen.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V

No comment from anyone?

Rocket, maybe you missed this. Any comment?

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why is it you promote we disengage from negativity while at the same promoting people engage with those who are purposefully trying to create conflict?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Because the o.p. purposefully engaged in negativity by calling people out that said certain things. And his non response to a black person 'adding to Black lives matter" speaks loudly.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually suggested it be added to myself in a post on this board and he said nothing in response. I think the left has a problem with how they package their message. They already have lots of people who don't want to hear what they have to say anyway.

But you see, it's not my message to send. It's not my call to make. At first it made me rather standoffish. But unlike some I looked past the label assigned to such things and looked for the deeper message.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Why is it you promote we disengage from negativity while at the same promoting people engage with those who are purposefully trying to create conflict?

I brought it up again because I don't think Rocket's intentions are honorable or fair. It is my opinion that he is clearly trying to divide the races and other subsets by only presenting one side of the argument.

I have fought the opposite side for years for employing that strategy. Hell, when I was a kid, the prevailing thought was that all black people were lazy. That's ridiculous and I fought against that. By the same token, the majority of whites, Christians, and straight people aren't evil, either. And not all minorities are guiltless. So sick of the labels and ignorant generalizations from people who choose "sides."

I will continue to call out those who I think are being unfair. If that draws the ire from both sides.........so be it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's odd how I never see you call out "the other side" when they are no less guilty, while only picking targets from the left.

Then you postulate about fairness and being even handed. It appears more as if you have developed a personal agenda and your stated reasons ring hallow due to your actions.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's odd how I never see you call out "the other side" when they are no less guilty, while only picking targets from the left.

Then you postulate about fairness and being even handed. It appears more as if you have developed a personal agenda and your stated reasons ring hallow due to your actions.

You obviously haven’t been paying close enough attention if you think Vers doesn’t bad mouth the right as well.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
He's sensitive. He is also resorting to telling lies.

P
Legend
Legend
P
One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

No comment from anyone?

Rocketoptimist, you have been asked 5 times in this thread on why it's okay for a black person to add to 'black lives matter', yet not okay for others to say 'all lives matter', and you've not responded.

Yet in a different thread, you try calling out someone that didn't respond to your question.

You wanna push the envelope with others? Maybe open your envelope first.

Legend
Legend

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

Maybe because most people couldn't read for much of the time except the last 60 years?

Last edited by Ballpeen; 07/12/20 07:00 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think that is a very good point. I was born in 1957 and racism was horrible when I was a kid.

I am not an expert on this, but I think there are three things at play since the Civil Rights movement of the '60s.

1. We have come a long way since that time in regards to providing minorities better opportunities in education and the work place.

2. We still have a ways to go in both places, especially fair hiring practices.

3. Along w/the increased awareness, we sometimes go too far in dealing w/what is acceptable behavior. One's race should never be an excuse for poor behavior.

With that said, I think your gif or whatever it is made a very solid point that made me stop and think.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I've said it, and I'll say it again: Black Lives Matter

I heard something that really stuck with me when discussing this: Jesus didn't say "All sheep matter." He left the 99 sheep to find the one that needed saved. Same rules apply here.

That being said, I definitely do not support BLM - the organization. Do not get the 2 confused.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is where I am at. I support black people who are hard-working, honest folks who just want a fair shake. I do not support the BLM movement. I think they are off the charts w/their demands.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, trying to stop police brutality against black people is so outrageous of a request.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I will start a BLM thread that will contain their demands just for you, Pit.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess the question becomes who is they? The actual organization itself or some far leaning faction of the group?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I guess the question becomes who is they? The actual organization itself or some far leaning faction of the group?

This. I find people get extremely caught up in the organization, when within the black community the organization is so irrelevant.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

This. I find people get extremely caught up in the organization, when within the black community the organization is so irrelevant.

Like I said, I have supported the black community for decades. I will continue to support them. But, I have a right to make a distinction between the individuals and the organization.

Turk, you and I have always been good. Don't let Pit mislead you. We're on the same side and we have talked about it in PMs. I think very highly of you. Don't let guys like Pit divide us. He puts words into my mouth that are not true. It's an ongoing thing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Don't let Pit mislead you.

No, let Vers do that.

Quote:
We're on the same side and we have talked about it in PMs. I think very highly of you. Don't let guys like Pit divide us.

Your personal agenda has gotten quite obvious. I'm not the one out here trying to recruit people. If they're dumb enough to listen to you, that's on them. Maybe you should let Turk speak for himself?

Nah, allowing others to express themselves openly isn't a "Vers thing".

Quote:
He puts words into my mouth that are not true. It's an ongoing thing.

Speaking of not true...

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Where did I say that Turk couldn't speak for himself? I didn't. So yet again, you put words into my mouth.

And it's funny about you--of all people--talking about an agenda.

Most people are on to you BS. You constant attacks on anyone who doesn't agree w/you are over the top.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems you consider Turk some feeble minded person who can't think for himself. I mean if he weren't I couldn't mislead him or divide him, right?

You are hilarious! Poor Turk is going to go down the road of sin being led by Pit.

rofl

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have a lot of respect for Turk. I don't think he is feeble-minded at all. I think he intelligent and fair.

You? Not so much.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well he should be happy that you warned him of "the evil's of Pit" so he didn't fall pray to my web. Without you how would he have possibly have known any better? You don't even hear yourself do you?

notallthere

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
What? "He didn't fall pray to my web?"

LOL..........you're a trip.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
I've said it, and I'll say it again: Black Lives Matter

I heard something that really stuck with me when discussing this: Jesus didn't say "All sheep matter." He left the 99 sheep to find the one that needed saved. Same rules apply here.

That being said, I definitely do not support BLM - the organization. Do not get the 2 confused.

Totally agree... I feel BLM the organization is going too far in many instances... but appreciate the BLM movement.

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, the teacher with his grammar lessons. I'm glad you are trying to protect Turk. What would he do without it?

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe that Black Lives Matter.

I do not believe in the Black Lives Matter political movement.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Would you say it?: Black Lives Matter

Link Copied to Clipboard