Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/12/bla...edia-dont-care/

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/nc-man...NNY67BI4KCICY4/

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa...u2na-story.html

Black Man Shoots 5-Year-Old In The Head Point-Blank, But The Race-Obsessed Media Don’t Care

Every day, corporate media commit sins of omission and commission. In their current scramble to shine a spotlight on what many leftist journalists deem “systemic racism,” they have elevated the deaths of black Americans at the hands of white people, while turning a blind eye to black-on-black crime as well as white victims of black perpetrators. Today, their grave sin of omission involved the execution of an innocent 5-year-old boy.

Sessoms, a black man, allegedly killed white 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant while the child’s two young sisters looked on. While Hinnant was riding his bike in the front yard of his father’s North Carolina home, Sessoms, his neighbor, reportedly ran across the yard and shot the child in the head point-blank. One neighbor witnessed the incident, as did the boy’s 7- and 8-year-old sisters.

“My first reaction was he’s playing with the kids,” said Doris Lybrand, the neighbor who saw Sessoms run across the lawn and shoot the boy. “For a second, I thought, ‘That couldn’t happen.’ People don’t run across the street and kill kids.”

“We were eating our dinner and heard a bang. We knew it was a gunshot,” Charlene Walburn, another of the boy’s neighbors, described the scene. “So I told him to call 911, and I ran to the door.”

The boy’s father dashed out to his son, screaming and holding his bleeding body. Hinnant was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

After the shooting, Sessoms fled in a black vehicle. The U.S. Marshals Service Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force, Goldsboro police, and Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested him nearly 24 hours later. Sessoms is being held in the Wilson County jail without bond and has been charged with first-degree murder.

“I just don’t understand why he did it,” Walburn continued. “How can you walk up to a little boy, point blank, and put a gun to his head and just shoot him? How could anyone do that?”

The same neighbor described Hinnant’s sweet demeanor. “He would come over, him and my husband would always talk back and forth and he would ask my husband to put air in his tire,” Walburn said. “If he saw me on the porch with a popsicle, he would always come over and ask me if he could have a popsicle.”

Sessoms reportedly had dinner with Hinnant’s father last week and was seen at the father’s residence earlier in the day Sunday.

Day in and day out, the national media has stoked the coals of racial tension in America, cultivating a blazing inferno of strife — both literally and figuratively. The world has watched as lawless rioters and looters desecrated America’s cities, setting businesses and churches ablaze, coaxed onward by an approving news media. Journalists have run cover for violent actors, lumping them in with peaceful protesters.

Over and over, the media have repeated the story of George Floyd and hurled blanket accusations of police brutality, which has encouraged violence against police officers, all while largely ignoring deaths that aren’t politically expedient. These deaths include that of black police officer David Dorn, who died while protecting a store from violent looters in St. Louis. Now the media is ignoring the death of Hinnant at the hands of a black man.

The media will continue their race framing, as if every act of man is the product of a racial consideration. It doesn’t apply only to crime, either. Everything in American culture and politics in 2020 must be viewed through a racial lens. Brands have been canceled, sports teams renamed, and Black Lives Matter scrawled across basketball courts and end zones. Former Vice President Joe Biden yesterday announced the selection of Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate, after activists and party leaders pressured him to choose a woman of color.

As the blaze of manufactured conflict continues, be mindful of the media’s framing. Note not only their sins of commission as they intentionally divide Americans over the color of their skin, but also their sins of omission as they ignore victims that cut against the “America is racist” narrative, such as the many victims of black-on-black crime. Today, the victim they’ve ignored is Cannon Hinnant.

Will the mainstream media say his name?

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
If the roles were reversed this would be a hate crime, folks would be burning down cities.

Im pretty much done with the media...i'll never read another news article or watch another TV station of the news from America....they are nothing but activists liars with an agenda....

This is an outrage

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 08/12/20 08:20 PM.
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K

Gets even better right!

They invite him over for dinner, he eats, goes home gets a gun, murders their 5 year old son, and drives away in his car.

Wow this is just...I don't have words....

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 08/12/20 08:25 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sad.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Quote:

Black Man Shoots 5-Year-Old In The Head Point-Blank, But The Race-Obsessed Media Don’t Care

Every day, corporate media commit sins of omission and commission. In their current scramble to shine a spotlight on what many leftist journalists deem “systemic racism,” they have elevated the deaths of black Americans at the hands of white people, while turning a blind eye to black-on-black crime as well as white victims of black perpetrators. Today, their grave sin of omission involved the execution of an innocent 5-year-old boy.

Sessoms, a black man, allegedly killed white 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant while the child’s two young sisters looked on. While Hinnant was riding his bike in the front yard of his father’s North Carolina home, Sessoms, his neighbor, reportedly ran across the yard and shot the child in the head point-blank. One neighbor witnessed the incident, as did the boy’s 7- and 8-year-old sisters.

“My first reaction was he’s playing with the kids,” said Doris Lybrand, the neighbor who saw Sessoms run across the lawn and shoot the boy. “For a second, I thought, ‘That couldn’t happen.’ People don’t run across the street and kill kids.”

“We were eating our dinner and heard a bang. We knew it was a gunshot,” Charlene Walburn, another of the boy’s neighbors, described the scene. “So I told him to call 911, and I ran to the door.”

The boy’s father dashed out to his son, screaming and holding his bleeding body. Hinnant was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

After the shooting, Sessoms fled in a black vehicle. The U.S. Marshals Service Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force, Goldsboro police, and Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested him nearly 24 hours later. Sessoms is being held in the Wilson County jail without bond and has been charged with first-degree murder.

“I just don’t understand why he did it,” Walburn continued. “How can you walk up to a little boy, point blank, and put a gun to his head and just shoot him? How could anyone do that?”

The same neighbor described Hinnant’s sweet demeanor. “He would come over, him and my husband would always talk back and forth and he would ask my husband to put air in his tire,” Walburn said. “If he saw me on the porch with a popsicle, he would always come over and ask me if he could have a popsicle.”

Sessoms reportedly had dinner with Hinnant’s father last week and was seen at the father’s residence earlier in the day Sunday.

Day in and day out, the national media has stoked the coals of racial tension in America, cultivating a blazing inferno of strife — both literally and figuratively. The world has watched as lawless rioters and looters desecrated America’s cities, setting businesses and churches ablaze, coaxed onward by an approving news media. Journalists have run cover for violent actors, lumping them in with peaceful protesters.

Over and over, the media have repeated the story of George Floyd and hurled blanket accusations of police brutality, which has encouraged violence against police officers, all while largely ignoring deaths that aren’t politically expedient. These deaths include that of black police officer David Dorn, who died while protecting a store from violent looters in St. Louis. Now the media is ignoring the death of Hinnant at the hands of a black man.

The media will continue their race framing, as if every act of man is the product of a racial consideration. It doesn’t apply only to crime, either. Everything in American culture and politics in 2020 must be viewed through a racial lens. Brands have been canceled, sports teams renamed, and Black Lives Matter scrawled across basketball courts and end zones. Former Vice President Joe Biden yesterday announced the selection of Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate, after activists and party leaders pressured him to choose a woman of color.

As the blaze of manufactured conflict continues, be mindful of the media’s framing. Note not only their sins of commission as they intentionally divide Americans over the color of their skin, but also their sins of omission as they ignore victims that cut against the “America is racist” narrative, such as the many victims of black-on-black crime. Today, the victim they’ve ignored is Cannon Hinnant.

It is sad what happened and this guy should be hunted down and killed on the spot. BUT KOB and this GOPer media rag using this story as some sort of counterbalance to the BLM complaints of police injustices is BS BS BS BS. Shame on you.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/12/20 09:45 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Quote:

It is sad what happened and this guy should be hunted down and killed on the spot.

The end.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You don't get to edit my words, I said what I said and meant it.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Get the murderer.

Still doesn't change the fact you routinely work at justifying the murder of unarmed black Americans.

Nice try, Knight.

Go back to calling Browns personnel names.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Looks like I DO get to edit your words.

It's sad what happened, and the guy should be hunted down................for, doing what he did.

And then, BUT....

Stupid.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Looks like I DO get to edit your words.

It's sad what happened, and the guy should be hunted down................for, doing what he did.

And then, BUT....

Stupid.

Again, nope. And the only stupid I see around here is on your side of the aisle.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, since you only see one side, doesn't surprise me.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I see the innocent kid that was brutally murdered, but it's no excuse for hating on BLM and you know it. Kick rocks stalker.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I see the innocent kid that was brutally murdered, but it's no excuse for hating on BLM and you know it. Kick rocks stalker.

Its not about blm its about the media. It doesnt fit big media's narrative so they wont show it.

#justiceforcannon
#wlm

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
Why don't you go steal more media?

O
Legend
Legend
O
You try way too hard to troll bro, nobody likes a desperate attention seeking troll so don't be one.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I seek no attention. I don't troll. The fact that you insinuate as much means you have nothing else but to attack.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I don't troll.

rofl Ok rofl

Back on topic....Even Fox News didn’t fall into this rabbit hole.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K

What BLM really thinks...im all about equality but thats not what they are after, they are after revenge.

This leader of BLM makes it perfectly clear

Their message is no longer one of equality, its one of hate and revenge...go ahead keep supporting them...You know what these BLM leaders are saying, doing, and encouraging is wrong.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 08/13/20 09:19 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M

What BLM really thinks...im all about equality but thats not what they are after, they are after revenge.

This leader of BLM makes it perfectly clear

Their message is no longer one of equality, its one of hate and revenge...go ahead keep supporting them...You know what these BLM leaders are saying, doing, and encouraging is wrong.

The boys death is a tragedy - period. I can't and don't want to imagine what the parents are feeling. I hope the guy that shot him fries.

That said - using some random dumb idiot that posted something moronic on FB to support your agenda, just dumb and has no validity. There are idiots and extremists on ALL sides.Picking the worst of them to paint everyone else with is mindless and wrong and is just about as hate filled as the dumb moron who wrote such a despicable thing in the first place.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
He's just trying to score points wherever he can in his self induced war.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thanks for doing the right thing and wearing a mask, Ariel!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow, https://www.waynedupree.com/

You find some amazing websites to post news from... And I see the NYPOST carried a story on this and used the word 'allegedly' about this killing. So even the NYPost conservative rag DOUBTS the veracity of the claims.

If this idiot killed this child, it is not an act anyone on either side would condone. I can't believe that you can't accept that. You must really hate dems/the left to think we are so depraved that an act like this somehow represents anything we stand for... AND I can't believe I have to say this but of all the horrible crap Trump has done to kids on the border and now with pushing schools to open with kids and covid 19, you are actually defending a man who's actions have killed kids and probably will kill more.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The headlines on that site are hilarious!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You find some amazing websites to post news from... And I see the NYPOST carried a story on this and used the word 'allegedly' about this killing. So even the NYPost conservative rag DOUBTS the veracity of the claims.

Media outlets use allegedly until someone is convicted. It has nothing to do with them doubting the veracity.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
I have seen this story used all day today by people. I have a few thoughts on it.

1. This is horrible. I don't care about the races of the suspect or the victim. Walking up to a kid and executing him is horrible. That man should never see the light of day again. Nice knowin' ya.

2. I don't think this should be broadcast as this huge story by the national media. The crime happened, and the man was arrested. It's not a national story despite the fact that it's tragic and horrifying. Sadly, kids die every day. The media doesn't care about the countless kids that die at the hands of violence on a daily basis, why would this one be any different.

3. If the roles were reversed, yes, this would be a huge story. The media preys on that stuff. That's a problem. The media loves how divided this country is. This whole black lives matter vs police vs antifa vs alt right has just become sports. Just blind loyalty. Cop kills a black guy? Screw the details. I want a pound of flesh because it appears my side has been wronged. Or if you're on the other side, he should have just listened to the cop. All of it is wrong. ALL of it.

4. There's no doubt that George Floyd became a thing because the cops involved were not arrested right away. I get that there is an investigation, but it took too long. There was so much damage done with just that case. On the flip side, people comparing this kid being shot point blank as the same as the George Floyd case are living in some dream world. The details of each incident are not the same, and thinking so is just blind loyalty.

5. The video of the Ariel Atkins is laughable. People buy into that stuff too. Absolutely toxic.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The media does not show these crimes because it doesnt fit the current dramatic racial narrative of victimized black people at the hands of whites/cops.

Here is a mass shooting that happened recenctly that got no coverage because it doesnt fit the narrative. Hush up about that black on black crime.

21 people shot and the media doesnt care.
https://www.kxan.com/news/21-people-shot-one-killed-at-outdoor-gathering-in-southeast-d-c/

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
A beloved lesbian baker in Detroit got a homophobic cake order. Here's why she made it anyway.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beloved-lesbian-baker-detroit-got-150118435.html

i hope everyone reads this article. it's exactly what KOB and the rest of the unethical conservatives are trying to do with this story.

What happened to this kid is a disgrace. what conservatives are doing to try and weaponize the murder for literally nothing more than a counter-attack to BLM is even more disgraceful.

it also further proves my point that minorities care more about white lives than white conservatives do, because they only care to bring it up to try and set a trap. any other day, they wouldn't care.

i feel bad for this kid, and i feel even worse for his family that the right only cares about the kid to play gotcha.

a lot of you posters already punched your ticket straight to hell. y'all don't have the character necessary to make it to heaven.

and honestly, probably never did.

RIP, kid. you didn't deserve to be killed, or have your murder weaponized as a racist attack against a civil rights movement.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

FINALLY this story is in the news. (fox tv) Its about damn time.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
They’re pure evil ....kneeling at the feet of evil. They’ll take a knee for evil but not for equality. Pffft trump supporters.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
CNN posted about it. So did MSNBC..

quit trying to make something else out of it...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Haven't you figured out that they don't actually care about the facts?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
jc

FINALLY this story is in the news. (fox tv) Its about damn time.

So the original post about this was how the left wing media ignored this tragedy? And yet Fox didn't initially report on it either? Wonder how much flak and pressure they got from their right leaning followers?

It's definitely a tragedy. There are probably hundreds a week across our country. Most of them don't get reported in the national media. Comparing this to George Floyd or other police killings doesn't make much sense.

Like I said before - I hope the shooter fries.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/14/20 09:54 AM.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Acting like there isn't bias in the non reporting of this for a week is absolute nonsense. Like I just refuse to take that point seriously. You all know, anyone with an ounce of objective thinking knows, if the races were reversed in this case, it would be headline news for a MONTH!

White cop kills black meth head, wall to wall coverage, a hologram of his face over the cities, 60 days of rioting.

Black dude executes a white toddler. A tweet, a week later.

Stop acting like this is equitable, stop acting like race baiting black folk doesn't pay dividends. The news media knows it does. They are making bank off it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So the fact it took FOX News almost a week to report it shows their bias in reporting it?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
So you believe these are "equivalent" national news stories?

Police officer - sworn to protect and serve, murders a man on video while 4 other police officers stand by and watch. An ongoing issue that's been reported on before and with the advent of personal phone technology we get to see this just like the Black community has been telling the world for years ....

A tragic, senseless murder of an innocent child, shot by his neighbor. A truly sick and evil act but one that stands alone and not caught on video or representative of a systematic problem in the country?

Fox didn't report on this either ... so the agenda of this OP is flawed.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So the fact it took FOX News almost a week to report it shows their bias in reporting it?

It didn't

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So the only real crow you have to pick here is that other news outlets took too long to report it? And BTW, when did FOX News first report it?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes and I believe it was the next day.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You believe it was?

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
This is tragic. The kid deserved better. No 5 year old deserves this, and I hope the guy dies a horrible death. He's a monster. He'll pay for this in Hell hopefully.

The difference in this and with Floyd, is that it took police 1 day to arrest a civilian murderer. It took police what, a week to arrest the cop that murdered Floyd? No one has been arrested in the murder of Breonna Taylor.

We can't stop everyday violence, unfortunately. People are sick, but a lot of times we can't see that until they act out. The reason the murders by police are huge news stories is because these are people trained and paid to protest the public, and more times than not, when they do commit a crime, its covered up or ignored.

The murder of Cannon should have gotten more attention, I agree. But these aren't apples to apples comparisons.

I also believe the media is biased to create more traffic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Race Obsessed Media Don't Care About The Brutal Murder Of A 5 Year Old

Link Copied to Clipboard