Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
What's reported in the article is the problem.

Legend
Legend
The problem is in your false reporting. tsktsk

M
Legend
Legend
M
Lol. I didn't "report" anything. The article says it all!

Now go plant your oleander in case of an emergency!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For mgh888...

If you read the article, the 800 deaths cited were in the first three months of this year. Trump made his disinfection statement in April. So this cannot be attributed to him.

I don't know if that is good news or bad news, but the amount of just plain terrible and conflicting stuff that we have seen is part of the problem...

And let's not even talk about the statistics.

Last edited by ChargerDawg; 08/18/20 01:35 PM. Reason: clarify response.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Trump made it political yet those trying to state the facts and set the record straight are those being accused of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
J\C
Watta shameful political ad ...to bad that it was probably staged and paid for by the dunce Bidens campaign man they will use any sick tactic.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The truth sucks sometimes. She's telling the truth and I know you love to find ways of deflecting away from that. The only thing you can do at this point is make accusations with nothing to substantiate it. I feel your pain. It's was all self induced pain, but pain none the less.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump slams New Zealand's 'big surge' of 13 COVID-19 cases. More than 400 US counties reported more than that in a day

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-slams-zealands-big-surge-170755560.html

somebody on trump's MAGA tip (Vers) should probably tell the Furher-in-chief that he has no room to talk about ANY countries COVID situation.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
somebody on trump's MAGA tip (Vers)

I am not a Trump supporter. I am only voting for him because I think Dems such as yourself are trash w/your pay me so I can sit around and complain attitude.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should actually read Biden's platform before you make a final decision. If you're basing your vote on the extreme voices in the room, the same could be done with Trump supporters. Biden isn't a member of the squad.

He's a moderate far more in line with many of your views than the extremists that yell the loudest.

And let's not mince words here. Voting for a candidate is a direct sign of your support.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

Interesting thought:

The US is supposedly at 5.6 million 'confirmed' cases now.
Looking at one article, it is thought that the real number of cases could be anywhere from six all the way to twenty-four times the confirmed amount.

This means that on the low end, we have hit the point where roughly 10% of our population has had this. On the upper end, we're looking at closer to 40%!

It all depends on what the real frequency of mild and asymptomatic infections is. If you split the difference of 6 to 24 and go with there being about 15 cases for every confirmed case, we're sitting at about 25% of the population having had it (or currently has it)! I think that's pretty dang good because you're talking about a real number of about 84 million people having already had this and effectively being done with it. That's 84 million people that cannot get it, and 84 million people that cannot spread it.

That some pretty good news, actually.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you're being an anti alarmist by using unsubstantiated numbers and only estimates. wink

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't have a clue what the real numbers are. Definitely higher than reported - what I find a little funny (ok a lot funny) - I must know 20 people from work and socially that all swear blind they have had it, been tested, cleared but still believe they had it. . . . statistically maybe 2 or 3 out of those 20 might have had a false positive. But each one is totally 100% convinced they had it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
It's odd that Trump supporter currently wants to Rip Cuomo because he made mistakes and say "he's killed thousands" but they deny Trump is responsible for making everything worse and his hands are clean.

Yet if you claim that there is fault on a lot of sides (from the President to many governors both R and D) and a lot of people have unclean hands in this you are called wishy washy and told to pick a side..

Two party politics blows.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
lol! grin

Hey, at least I used real numbers and could cite sources and backed things up with real math, lol!

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 08/18/20 03:39 PM.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Riley01
J\C
Watta shameful political ad ...to bad that it was probably staged and paid for by the dunce Bidens campaign man they will use any sick tactic.

You have the gall to call Biden's campaign fake over the truth that Trump mislead people like her father who trusted him. When it's your turn under Trump's axe, remember this, nobody cares.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
j/c

Interesting thought:

Looking at one article, it is thought that the real number of cases could be anywhere from six all the way to twenty-four times the confirmed amount.

This means that on the low end, we have hit the point where roughly 10% of our population has had this. On the upper end, we're looking at closer to 40%!

It all depends on what the real frequency of mild and asymptomatic infections is. If you split the difference of 6 to 24 and go with there being about 15 cases for every confirmed case, we're sitting at about 25% of the population having had it (or currently has it)! I think that's pretty dang good because you're talking about a real number of about 84 million people having already had this and effectively being done with it. That's 84 million people that cannot get it, and 84 million people that cannot spread it.

Unless the re infection rate is high? We heard stories earlier that there may be little to no lasting immunity. If true, that throws a wrench in the good news.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
j/c

Interesting thought:

Purp, does anyone know that you are “effectively done with it”?
Can you get it again? How long does immunity last?

I have only seen a couple places where one has been reported to test positive twice-more things about this we don’t completely know

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I don't disagree with you in principal, when little is known mistakes will be more plentiful. The more facts that come out the better you should be able to use those facts to mitigate the situation. Some have done that and some have not.

It was only a week or two ago when Trump was at his golf resort doing what was called a "press conference". He was asked why the people that were members of the golf course who attended were not wearing masks and social distancing. Trump said it was "peaceful protest". To which his members applauded.

Maybe that's where people see the difference.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
From what I have read herd immunity kicks in at about 70 percent exposure.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

Purp, does anyone know that you are “effectively done with it”?
Can you get it again? How long does immunity last?

I have only seen a couple places where one has been reported to test positive twice-more things about this we don’t completely know

There are several recent (within the last 7-11 days) reports of studies finding that there is a "robust" immune response in creating antibodies even with mild infections.

The only real unknown seems to be how long that lasts, but early thoughts are at least on the order of several months.

With a quick Google search, you can find reports from CNN and Nature.com, among others.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Unless the re infection rate is high? We heard stories earlier that there may be little to no lasting immunity. If true, that throws a wrench in the good news.

This is from yesterday:

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been stuck in a back and forth with media for several days after misleading reporting on immunity related to COVID-19. Contradictory optimistic and pessimistic reporting on immunity has led to very little new information reaching the public.

An update provided August 16 offers some clarity, pumping the brakes on the latest coronavirus culture war by pointing out that “currently, 6 months after the emergence of SARS-CoV-2, there have been no confirmed cases of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection.”

yebat' Putin
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
This is from a local young anchor woman on local news in Youngstown. She is 27 yrs old and in very nice shape

Caroline Collins TV
AtunoSgupositln 1shls6r stiaot 9:g4shan8s PodmreMgd ·
🚨 LONG POST WARNING- WHERE HAVE I BEEN? 🚨
WOW! I’m so happy to be back this weekend! I have to fill you all in.... I’ve been dealing with some complications from coronavirus.

Three weeks ago I was exposed to COVID-19 and I contracted the virus. I believe it took about 5 days until it took me down. I had no symptoms and was hanging out with family all weekend. Yes, that included my grandparents.

I worked out one morning and had to break a lot. That's never the case with me! I power through workouts like crazy usually! I went home and felt pretty tired. 8 hours later I had aches and pains, the chills, a sore throat, and I began coughing.

The next day I went to get tested. A few days later I found out I was positive for COVID. I was up and down with a fever and cold- like symptoms and was SO TIRED! I then developed chest pains that were waking me up through the night. I was also getting really winded and noticed my heart rate was high when I would move around.

I casually mentioned this to my mom. My mom told me to go the ER. I said no, of course. She got some of my cousins on the phone who are all doctors and they also said get to the ER. My mom was concerned that it could be a blood clot. After running tests, they found a high level of troponin in me which indicated an issue with my heart.

I was admitted to the hospital where I stayed for 24 hours in the COVID unite. A lot of tests were done over the next several hours. Doctors were concerned that I had Myocarditis, inflammation and infection of the heart muscle. An MRI of my heart revealed that the lining of my heart was inflamed, which is called pericarditis. I got to see the images and the doctor showed me all of the inflammation that was caused by COVID. If this isn't taken care of, it can cause long term heart problems.

Over the past week, more and more reports have been coming out about possible heart effects in athletes who contract COVID-19. Now, the BIG 10 referenced this condition as a reason for cancelling their season. The NCAA is also concerned about this problem.

Fortunately, I'll be ok. I'm on some medication and I have to lay off my workouts for a while. But, if I didn't get this treated, I could have ended up with atrial fibrillation or who knows what other issues!

This is a pic of me in the hospital eating a salad.... my mom said I'm the only person she's ever seen order a salad in the hospital- and trust me she sees what everyone orders in there every day because she has to make sure they can swallow! She's a speech pathologist and is often treating COVID patients who are much sicker than I was. I love food and despite being put on a cardiac diet when I was in there (low sodium) the food was great! I am also very happy that after so many blood tests, I have conquered my HUGE FEAR of that needle going into my arm! 😫

I can't thank the amazing cardiology team at Sharon Regional Medical Center enough! Dr. J. Mikolich an Dr. Brandon Mikolich were so kind to explain to me what they found and what I need to do going forward. Also, a thank you to Dr. Howard Slemons who was another key player in all of this.

I'm very happy that I tested NEGATIVE for COVID and I'm back to work! I'm blessed to work at WFMJ where they were able to give me the time off until I tested negative and was cleared by cardiology to return.

I am beyond thankful that none of my family members contracted the virus from me. We were super stressed out for a while. Bottom line- this virus is NO JOKE! I just turned 27-years-old. I run, I do spinning, barre and yoga regularly, I golf all the time and I maintain a healthy diet. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would suddenly be winded after a walk up the steps or a gentle slow yoga flow. Please, be understanding now when athletics are cancelled or mass gatherings are prohibited. Wear a mask and stay safe! Not everyone's story turns out like mine. So many people have lost loved ones to this virus.

The new findings of what COVID can do to the heart is so interesting. I think a story about it will be coming soon as I’ve learned SO MUCH about all of this the past few weeks.

I’m so happy to be back on the anchor desk! Thank you for all of the kind messages while I was gone! And THANK YOU for watching this weekend! ❤️

Legend
Legend
lol! grin

Hey, at least I used real numbers and could cite sources and backed things up with real math, lol!

Cold you show us your work using that new fangled math they teach in schools now? Asking for the kids on the board wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
lol! grin

Cold you show us your work using that new fangled math they teach in schools now? Asking for the kids on the board wink

I don't think that even the teachers could coherently explain that stuff.

Browns is the Browns

R
Legend
Legend
R
I have an engineering degree and can't help my first grade kids with their math. I have to YouTube the methods they are teaching.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

Which at this rate of infection will take 4-5 years.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

Which at this rate of infection will take 4-5 years.

No way. If there are 15 infected out there that have had it for every confirmed case, and that is extremely plausible, then we're more than one-third of the way there right now. We could be good by Spring.. especially once winter hits with regular cold/flu season to help spread things.

After that, this is just another in the long list (10+) of continuous endemic viruses that circulate.

Browns is the Browns

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I have an engineering degree and can't help my first grade kids with their math. I have to YouTube the methods they are teaching.

I also had that trouble when my kids were younger-but me and my wife always have helped our kids with practice tests and going over notes and going to every teacher conference. Its like a second job. And we really had to step it up when my daughter was a senior trying to get good grades to get into college and my son was taking an 8th grade college prep math class that he was struggling with. He had a D near the end of the second grading period. I went to dig in making a practice test and was looking online at college level stats problems that my son was asked to do in the 8th grade. We spent about 3-4 hours that night working on his math and from that night forward, me and my wife spend probably about 2 hours a night going over their homework, going over missed problems, reading papers, making practice tests.

My son is in 11th grade taking almost all college level/college credit classes with about a 3.9 GPA and my daughter had a 4.0 in honors program college last year in a dual major of Computer Systems Design and Cyber Security. And over half of my daughters school is paid by scholarships

R
Legend
Legend
R
Parents participation in their children's lives is obviously uber important. Great example.

My wife and I are the same way.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Parents participation in their children's lives is obviously uber important. Great example.

My wife and I are the same way.

Absolutely correct. And it starts when they are young by simply reading to them. And then they start reading to you. (when they can read)

First semester of college daughter's gpa was 2.9. Granted, her chem prof stunk as evidenced by the 75% of the class that got a d or f. Prof got put on probation, which means nothing, really. (she got a c in the class, which put her in the top 25%, ironically)

Second semester, with chem 2 on the class list, she got an A- in that class, and a 3.69 gpa for that semester.

She texted me last night. With all of the college classes she took in high school, and this summer, she was eligible to apply to the school of nursing - meaning, entering her first semester of her second year, adding the credits she'll get for this semester, after this semester she'll be a 3rd year student, eligible for admittance into the school of nursing.

She works her tail off at school.

Legend
Legend
Virginia Health Commissioner says he’ll mandate a COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.wric.com/health-2/virginia-c...;utm_source=t.c

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Insanity Man is at it again....

Trump says without proof that FDA 'deep state' slowing COVID trials

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday accused members of the “deep state” at the Food and Drug Administration, without providing evidence, of working to slow testing of COVID-19 vaccines until after the November presidential election.

In a Twitter post, Trump said the deep state “or whoever” at the FDA was making it very difficult for drug companies to enroll people in clinical trials to test vaccines and therapies for the novel coronavirus.

The comment came after Reuters exclusively reported on Thursday that a top FDA official said he would resign if the Trump administration approved a vaccine before it was shown to be safe and effective.

“Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd. Must focus on speed, and saving lives!” Trump wrote, tagging FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn in the tweet.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said it was a “dangerous statement” and that the president was “beyond the pale” for accusing the FDA of playing politics.

The FDA could not immediately be reached for comment.

Drug manufacturers in coordination with the FDA and National Institutes of Health are ramping up production while testing is underway in order to respond as soon as possible with a vaccine for COVID-19, which has killed nearly 800,000 people worldwide.

Trump often uses Twitter to criticize federal agencies, sometimes accusing them of being controlled by the “deep state” in an apparent reference to long-serving staff who, in Trump’s eyes, are determined to undermine his agenda.

His tweet increases the pressure on the FDA after Peter Marks, director of its Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, last week said on a conference call with government officials, pharmaceutical executives and academics that he would resign if the agency rubber-stamped an unproven vaccine.

Scientists, public health officials and lawmakers are worried that the Trump administration will push the FDA to approve a vaccine in advance of the vote, even if data from clinical trials do not support its widespread use.

Marks, whose division regulates cutting-edge biotech treatments, vaccines and gene therapies, told Reuters he has not faced any political pressure and that the FDA would be guided by science alone. Should that change, he said on Thursday, “I would feel obligated (to resign) because in doing so, I would indicate to the American public that there’s something wrong.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...s-idUSKBN25I0LF

Attacking another one of those "only the best people" he hired for doing things the right way and not kissing his ass. Making crazy claims with zero evidence.

notallthere

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Insanity Man is at it again....

Trump says without proof that FDA 'deep state' slowing COVID trials

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday accused members of the “deep state” at the Food and Drug Administration, without providing evidence, of working to slow testing of COVID-19 vaccines until after the November presidential election.

In a Twitter post, Trump said the deep state “or whoever” at the FDA was making it very difficult for drug companies to enroll people in clinical trials to test vaccines and therapies for the novel coronavirus.

The comment came after Reuters exclusively reported on Thursday that a top FDA official said he would resign if the Trump administration approved a vaccine before it was shown to be safe and effective.

“Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd. Must focus on speed, and saving lives!” Trump wrote, tagging FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn in the tweet.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said it was a “dangerous statement” and that the president was “beyond the pale” for accusing the FDA of playing politics.

The FDA could not immediately be reached for comment.

Drug manufacturers in coordination with the FDA and National Institutes of Health are ramping up production while testing is underway in order to respond as soon as possible with a vaccine for COVID-19, which has killed nearly 800,000 people worldwide.

Trump often uses Twitter to criticize federal agencies, sometimes accusing them of being controlled by the “deep state” in an apparent reference to long-serving staff who, in Trump’s eyes, are determined to undermine his agenda.

His tweet increases the pressure on the FDA after Peter Marks, director of its Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, last week said on a conference call with government officials, pharmaceutical executives and academics that he would resign if the agency rubber-stamped an unproven vaccine.

Scientists, public health officials and lawmakers are worried that the Trump administration will push the FDA to approve a vaccine in advance of the vote, even if data from clinical trials do not support its widespread use.

Marks, whose division regulates cutting-edge biotech treatments, vaccines and gene therapies, told Reuters he has not faced any political pressure and that the FDA would be guided by science alone. Should that change, he said on Thursday, “I would feel obligated (to resign) because in doing so, I would indicate to the American public that there’s something wrong.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...s-idUSKBN25I0LF

Attacking another one of those "only the best people" he hired for doing things the right way and not kissing his ass. Making crazy claims with zero evidence.

notallthere

Just playing to the Qanon, conspiracy theorist crowd. Paving the way for claims he was the VICTIM. He loves being the victim - half of what he says is all about laying out why he's a victim.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
ummm...didn't he appoint the current FDA head?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
ummm...didn't he appoint the current FDA head?

Yes. That's why this is at the bottom of the post.

Quote:
Attacking another one of those "only the best people" he hired for doing things the right way and not kissing his ass.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i just don't get how he keeps referring to people he hired as the deep state.

and then whats worse, his supporters will just blindly follow along.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's PPS... Pied Piper Syndrome.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"This president is about cutting red tape," said White House chief of staff Mark Meadows in an interview on ABC's "This Week." "He had to make sure that they felt the heat. If they don't see the light, they need to feel the heat because the American people are suffering."

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus COVID-19: The Anti-Christ Edition

Link Copied to Clipboard