Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DCDAWGFAN #1784087 08/18/20 05:00 PM
Legend
Legend
No, everybody calls it what it is: a long overdue social movement.

Most people aren’t buying into the False narrative that you and other conservatives try to make it out to be.

We literally have the world backing us. You have right wing losers on breitbart backing you.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
DCDAWGFAN #1784098 08/18/20 05:09 PM
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
So BLM is a huge political problem - but Qanon isn't?

Qanon is going to have representatives who openly support them in the Senate - but they are bogeymen? BLM has a couple of whackadoodles who say really dumb stuff as private individuals and they are the huge threat that has you and others so sacred. Got it

Qanon is a problem and it's absolutely something the right should clearly distance itself from.. but it won't.

BLM may have a couple of "whackadoodles"... but it also has the full support of pretty much every democrat and quite a few republicans and almost none of them are willing to acknowledge, let alone denounce, the more radical and violent part of that group. They explain it away, they waffle on it, the try to cast blame on others, they play whatabout with it.. but very few are willing to call it what it is.

I can see where you are coming from - and personally I'll denounce any Marxist, chaos espousing individual be they a member of BLM or any other group. But while Qanon is definitive in what it is and if you see politicians retweeting posts or embracing it - then it's pretty straight forward what that means. BLM is more an ideology than an official movement... I wonder if you pay attention to the fringes then it elevates their status more than just ignoring it? I mean literally EVERYONE knows that racketeering is just flat wrong and you throw those people in jail and prosecute them .... it's not like silence means you are complicity supporting Marxism of racketeering ..... the Right exclusively focusing on that and trying to use those examples as a "look how awful BLM is" is just plain silly .... and if you start to refute one thing one time, then what about having to refute the other crazies that write flat out dumb and hateful bile on FB or twitter or .... and on and on it goes.

I don't want to make excuses -- I'd like to see any politician and alleged supporter of BLM be asked - what is your take on and what's your position on some parts of BLM claiming to be Marxist? What about the racketeering? But you know that if they answer it won't put anything to rest.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Swish #1784101 08/18/20 05:11 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Most people aren’t buying into the False narrative that you and other conservatives try to make it out to be.

We literally have the world backing us. You have right wing losers on breitbart backing you.

Well that's weird because I'm backing you... so if Breitbart losers are backing me, then by the transitive property....

yebat' Putin
Swish #1784103 08/18/20 05:14 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish

And they call Conservatives Racists

DCDAWGFAN #1784106 08/18/20 05:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Are you? Certainly doesn’t seem like it....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Duty #1784107 08/18/20 05:25 PM
Legend
Legend
???

If the world backs us, which includes white Europeans by the masses, how is it racist?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1784147 08/18/20 08:54 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Does DUTY think republicans are a race? lmao smh

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DCDAWGFAN #1784149 08/18/20 09:08 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
BLM may have a couple of "whackadoodles"... but it also has the full support of pretty much every democrat and quite a few republicans and almost none of them are willing to acknowledge, let alone denounce, the more radical and violent part of that group. They explain it away, they waffle on it, the try to cast blame on others, they play whatabout with it.. but very few are willing to call it what it is.

Some people confuse the slogan "Black Lives Matter" w/the radical political organization that is Black Lives Matter.

I encourage all hard-working, honest voters to investigate the various demands that different chapters of BLM have made.

Decide for yourselves if this is what we want for our country moving forward.

And here is a little anecdotal story. We live in an upscale neighborhood that contains large homes and yards. My wife and I were talking to a black couple who lives in the neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. The wife is a doctor and the husband is a financial planner. As you probably know, my wife is Hispanic. None of them agree w/some of the absurd demands that BLM is making.

Versatile Dog #1784158 08/18/20 11:09 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
So? Are you saying 'upscale' opinions are somehow a disqualifier for BLM wanting to end the injustice of police willy nilly killing blacks across the country out of what seems to be fear or racists bias, year in and year out? I mean I can see your disagreement with the nutjobs talking about reparations as monetary payments and the hateful rhetoric some spew, but the root cause is just. Plain and simple, it is just.

But you have every right to disagree.

OldColdDawg #1784162 08/18/20 11:31 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Reading is hard.

Versatile Dog #1784173 08/19/20 02:32 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Reading is hard.
Maybe you should get a tutor.

I read what you posted, but I don't get your hatred of BLM. And what the hell does using 'upscale' have to do with anything but your ego? I think you should just admit you don't like those black folk making ANY demands, because every day lately that's what you sound like. I keep waiting for you to call one of them 'uppity', because that seems to be the next logical step in your radical political devolution.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/19/20 02:35 AM.

OldColdDawg #1784183 08/19/20 07:56 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Once again, a member of the left results to personal insults and attacks when another person expresses their opinion. I didn't attack you or anyone else. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't resort to name calling. I stated my beliefs. You can't accept that and go on the attack by making things personal. It's what the left has been doing a lot of the last four years and it's part of the reason I have abandoned the Democratic party. Keep hating. It's a great way to gain support.

For everyone else: I used the "upscale" neighborhood reference to help demonstrate that there are a ton of successful blacks and they have "earned" their way in life by educating themselves and working hard. The avenues are open for those who are willing to work for what they get. It also demonstrates that they do not agree w/providing handouts for those who don't want to work.

I will continue to view all men equally. That is not the same as just excusing poor behavior and rewarding people for being part of a certain race. Accountability accompanies equality. Act like trash and be treated like trash. Work hard and be a good citizen and you will be treated fairly, equally, and justly.

Versatile Dog #1784191 08/19/20 08:47 AM
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Reading is hard.

So in terms of personal insults - where does this rank? Just wondering.

mgh888 #1784192 08/19/20 08:50 AM
Legend
Legend
For the life of me, I don't understand the Rights fascination with conspiracies.

Taking it a step further, I don't understand how they can accept all the crazies that push those conspiracies...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Versatile Dog #1784193 08/19/20 08:50 AM
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

The avenues are open for those who are willing to work for what they get.

And yet statistics and history and an ENORMOUS amount of factual data supports that it is much HARDER for one segment of society to work hard and see that success.... That's the whole point and it seems to be the point you don't want to accept or acknowledge. That's your right. But quoting or referencing whoever and whatever you like - be they affluent multiracial sources or otherwise does not invalidate the evidence that shows this to be true.

mgh888 #1784197 08/19/20 09:03 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are misrepresenting my intentions.

I have been very vocal that we need to continue to expand and improve opportunities for minorities in both the educational field and the work place.

What I am against is wealth distribution, reparations, defunding the police, free housing, etc w/no work stipulations.

I have no problem if you disagree and support those particular demands. That is your right. It is also my right to express what I believe in w/out being attacked by name-callers like OCD.

Versatile Dog #1784200 08/19/20 09:08 AM
Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Versatile Dog #1784231 08/19/20 11:37 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I don't think your opinion is far off from most people. It's not really far off from mine. My support in regards to BLM involves those who peacefully protest against police brutality. Those who wish to change the legal structure that would make the police more accountable. A system that would provide that if a cop is fired from one department over interactions with the public, he can't be hired as a cop somewhere else.

And the entire "defunding the police" movement? I think that's a very deceptive and pretty dumb phrase to begin with. Nashville is located in Davidson county. The Davidson county sheriff did what I felt was a great way of explaining what I and he both support.

He explained how he estimates about 30% of his inmate population was mentally ill. How many of their calls involved the mentally ill and were non violent. How many in his jail are homeless and many of his calls that officers were sent to involved the homeless. He felt that if the funds he spent dealing with these situations were diverted to helping the homeless and mentally ill, rather than criminalizing these problems, not only would that help them, but his jail and police force would run more efficiently and his officers would be freed up to address more pressing problems and actual criminal activity.

He freely admitted they are not staffed nor equipped to deal with the actual problems and needs of the homeless nor the mentally ill and it complicates the job of the police.

So to his points I agree with him.

Look, we have extremists on both sides of these issues. The real problem is that attention is always focused on the extremes rather than those speaking in common sense terms.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mgh888 #1784245 08/19/20 12:32 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Reading is hard.

So in terms of personal insults - where does this rank? Just wondering.

Don't expect Vers to see his own obvious flaws, he thinks he is perfect... Upscale even. lmao.

Damanshot #1784246 08/19/20 12:33 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
For the life of me, I don't understand the Rights fascination with conspiracies.

Taking it a step further, I don't understand how they can accept all the crazies that push those conspiracies...

All they have is crap they make up and pretend is real, that's what the alt-right dumb down of the republican party has resulted in...

Versatile Dog #1784249 08/19/20 12:40 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
You are misrepresenting my intentions.

I have been very vocal that we need to continue to expand and improve opportunities for minorities in both the educational field and the work place.

What I am against is wealth distribution, reparations, defunding the police, free housing, etc w/no work stipulations.

I have no problem if you disagree and support those particular demands. That is your right. It is also my right to express what I believe in w/out being attacked by name-callers like OCD.

No it's not your right to silence me and my opinions. You only feel attacked because you are hypersensitive to every little remark. I used to date a girl that was just like you, she was always offended by anyone who would disagree with her or point out her flaws. Had to dump her ass though because she was borderline nuts and would never shut up long enough to stop being a victim and see she was the actual problem.

But when you sling 'reading is hard' at me, then you are asking me to hit back. And I will sleep good at night doing it because I know I'm on the right side of history.

EveDawg #1784255 08/19/20 12:52 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Quote:
a "movement" of 12 year old boys

Except it's not

Like this man who endangered his family.

Do you understand this involves the dregs of society? Stop giving them attention and they will go away.

Everytime you give them attention you validate their cause.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
PitDAWG #1784264 08/19/20 01:05 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Actually I don't think your opinion is far off from most people. It's not really far off from mine. My support in regards to BLM involves those who peacefully protest against police brutality. Those who wish to change the legal structure that would make the police more accountable. A system that would provide that if a cop is fired from one department over interactions with the public, he can't be hired as a cop somewhere else.

And the entire "defunding the police" movement? I think that's a very deceptive and pretty dumb phrase to begin with. Nashville is located in Davidson county. The Davidson county sheriff did what I felt was a great way of explaining what I and he both support.

He explained how he estimates about 30% of his inmate population was mentally ill. How many of their calls involved the mentally ill and were non violent. How many in his jail are homeless and many of his calls that officers were sent to involved the homeless. He felt that if the funds he spent dealing with these situations were diverted to helping the homeless and mentally ill, rather than criminalizing these problems, not only would that help them, but his jail and police force would run more efficiently and his officers would be freed up to address more pressing problems and actual criminal activity.

He freely admitted they are not staffed nor equipped to deal with the actual problems and needs of the homeless nor the mentally ill and it complicates the job of the police.

So to his points I agree with him.

Look, we have extremists on both sides of these issues. The real problem is that attention is always focused on the extremes rather than those speaking in common sense terms.

I'm one of the most left on here and I don't support the dumbass demands that some of these BLM 'speakers' say they want. Monetary reparations is a joke. First it will never happen, but if it did who would get what and why? There are no ex-slaves left alive, each former slave family would have a claim, but how do you verify? And a family that was enslaved in the 1600's vs. a family enslaved in the 1800s... does one get more for their family being in bondage longer? There is no way to do it fairly even if the white majority agreed to do it.

Then the 'free stuff' is often confused with basic needs going unmet due to financial situations. I'm not for passing out swag bags with free crap to people who do not want to work, don't know anybody who is either. But I am for making sure people can get medical care, food, shelter, clothes, and an education regardless of there financial situations or work situations. I don't think kids should ever go hungry in the greatest/richest country in the world. And if that means we all have to have a little less to make it happen, then we all have to have a little less.

Twisting that into some desire to pervert the world or some attempt to steal from 'working white people' is BS. Twisting that into a commie plot, Venezuelan style socialism, or an episode of Oprah gives crap away is deplorable BS.

So Vers, Pit is right in telling you that nobody wants those things, other than a few clueless overzealous protesters caught up in the energy of the moment. I bet if you sat down with those same people that are making Vers nuts and had a real conversation with them, they would admit the demands are over the top and unrealistic too; but in the face of so much hatred and an outright onslaught of bigotry for finally taking a stand, outrageous demands has become the counterprotest that strikes fear into the perceived enemy.

So I hear the same crap Vers does, I just don't take it all as literally as he does. If I hear a mother pleading for help to take care of her children, then I want to help. If I hear a protester say they all should get a free 2020 Escalade for reparations, I roll my eyes and move on... I mean who takes that seriously?

Reparations in the form of programs to help people escape poverty I'm good with. A seat at the table for self governing of minority communities I 100% agree with. Police departments and government that reflects the diversity of our nation I 100% agree with. And cops who are trained to take somebody into custody without letting them die or killing them needlessly I 1000% agree with.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/19/20 01:09 PM.

OldColdDawg #1784266 08/19/20 01:06 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was not trying to silence your opinions. I said reading is hard because you completely misrepresented my initial post. I never once mentioned police brutality. That tactic happens over and over on here. The original message gets ignored and things become personal.

Versatile Dog #1784275 08/19/20 01:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
None of them agree w/some of the absurd demands that BLM is making.

But not all of them right? And I bet they aren’t denouncing BLM entirely like you are. And why would they be forthcoming to you? They’re probably just trying to fit in and not create adversaries like you do.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
PerfectSpiral #1784279 08/19/20 01:15 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, that's it.

Versatile Dog #1784280 08/19/20 01:16 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
We don't see everything eye to eye and probably never will, but you and I usually are never that far apart. You have to make you own choices and do you, as do I. But never think that I'm not reasonable when it comes to the wackadoo nonsense. I don't like many of the things being said that you don't like. But I'm not going to condemn those fighting for the same things you and I take for granted just because we were born a different color. I'm not going to condemn the poor for wanting a level playing field or some additional help of some kind to overcome systemic obstacles that keep them in poverty. I just think everyone deserves to be treated humanely when it comes to basic human needs, regardless of their financial situation, color of their skin, or origin of their heritage.

IMHO, it's ridiculous that we even have to have this debate.

OldColdDawg #1784283 08/19/20 01:19 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Once again, I respect your opinions and your right to them. I am NOT trying to challenge them. I simply responded to you because you called me out by talking about something I never once mentioned. I sure as hell do not support police brutality and never came close to saying I did.

State your opinions on the topics and you won't hear a word from me. Call me out and there is a chance I'll defend myself.

Versatile Dog #1784284 08/19/20 01:20 PM
Legend
Legend
???

i post on this board so that my opinions DO get challenged.

thats an odd comment.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1784289 08/19/20 01:29 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Then why did you PM me and ask that we not speak to one another?

Look, I think we should all have a right to speak our opinions on topics. I guess it's great if some of you like to go at it w/one another. I just don't like when people misrepresent the context of the message just to win some stupid-ass argument.

For example, I never said I was okay w/police brutality. And I sure as hell did not say that blacks haven't faced issues in education and securing employment. Hell, for decades........I have been a voice of saying how we need to provide more opportunities for blacks in those areas.

People seemingly have a hard time delving deeper into topics and analyzing/evaluating different topics in a very broad subject. It's like one has to totally agree w/everything or completely disagree w/the broad subject. That's for simpletons and not for me.

And one more thing. In my initial post that started this mess..........I did NOT try and force my opinion on anyone. I even asked that people do their own research on the demands from various chapters of BLM organizations and make up their own minds.

Oh, the horror...

Versatile Dog #1784290 08/19/20 01:33 PM
Legend
Legend
bro i know you just didn't lie on the board like that..... LETS PULL UP THE RECEIPTS

swish: Can we please move on? I’m tired of beefing with you. It’s gets us nowhere.

Vers: Sure.

Swish: dope thread with the Actor choices. really broke some tension on the board. good stuff.

Vers: Thanks dawg.

Maybe one day in the future we can team up and be on the same side? Because, I think we are. We're both too just damn passionate at times.

Vers: I know I promised you that I wouldn't respond to you on the board again...............but, would you have a problem if I responded to this?

Quote:
what have we been doing except...existing? we couldnt even unite long term over 9/11. thats the truth. we united a bit when we went to afghanistan, but the moment we decided to go to iraq, the country became completely split, and continues to widen since that moment.

nobody, from our government down to the people, can agree on what this country should be about. what we should represent. we don't even talk about the bill of rights and US constitution with much pride anymore in this country, for multiple reasons.

we just have no direction. and because we have no direction, i think its a big part as to why we are at each others throats all the time in this country. we just became so...spoiled and entitled. its got to the point that american society can absolutely be summed up into reality tv shows across the networks.

I ain't gonna attack you, but I'm gonna present both sides. However, I am a man of my word and if you say "no," I won't post my thoughts.

Swish: Go ahead

i didnt say A DAMN THING about not speaking to one another.

what did you tell OCD about learning how to read? probably should practice what you preach.....

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1784294 08/19/20 01:39 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
What does this have to do w/the subject?

The PM was over a period of time.

You PMed me this:

swish: Can we please move on? I’m tired of beefing with you. It’s gets us nowhere.

I responded w/this.

Vers: Sure.

And I was true to my word. I didn't comment on anything you said on here. The rest of that came later on. And btw...I didn't even respond to your one thread because KOB and some others ruined that thread.

Now, if you are calling me a liar because I didn't word it exactly right..........LOL...go ahead.

But whatever, I'm sticking to my guns about my views on some of the demands that are coming from the organization that is Black Lives Matter.

Somehow, folks try very hard to make sure we never talk about them when they are brought up. I wonder why that is...?

Versatile Dog #1784295 08/19/20 01:39 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Once again, I respect your opinions and your right to them. I am NOT trying to challenge them. I simply responded to you because you called me out by talking about something I never once mentioned. I sure as hell do not support police brutality and never came close to saying I did.

State your opinions on the topics and you won't hear a word from me. Call me out and there is a chance I'll defend myself.

Well I hear you but I have to say that your sudden swing to camp Trump is not a good representation of what you say you believe in. Voting for Trump is tantamount to going along with the hate speech, rhetoric, and actions that have been so divisive and cruel to POC and immigrants under his admin.

You are basically saying to the world, IMHO, that you would rather align yourself with the bigots, fascists, and white supremacists that follow Trump than to give into the demands of the BLM protests. Well, if you just chuck the ridiculous things a few have demanded or the way out of left field ridiculous starting points they think they need to negotiate from and reduce it to the basic fundamental issues of the movement, then this all becomes much clearer in which side is the right side to align with.

So if you think my pointing out how many of the things you've said the last few days/weeks have caused me to respond to you with less than cordial remarks will somehow sway me, you're wrong. I'm siding with the oppressed over protecting billionaires and corporations, continuing systemic racism to spare a little white greif, or having an authoritarian fascist POTUS lead us back to 1950 and hand us over to the Russians.

Versatile Dog #1784307 08/19/20 02:16 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then why did you PM me and ask that we not speak to one another?

What the hell are you talking about? You may wish to check. I think you're confusing me with someone else. I do recall telling you in a phone call that if you wished to have a civil conversation that would be fine but I wasn't going to deal with anything other than that.

Quote:
Look, I think we should all have a right to speak our opinions on topics. I guess it's great if some of you like to go at it w/one another. I just don't like when people misrepresent the context of the message just to win some stupid-ass argument.

On a personal basis I have been trying very hard to have a civil dialogue with you. As for myself I do at times get confused about the message someone is sending. So it isn't my intent to misrepresent the comments of others but the confusion lies in not having the proper understanding of the message they're sending.

Quote:
For example, I never said I was okay w/police brutality. And I sure as hell did not say that blacks haven't faced issues in education and securing employment. Hell, for decades........I have been a voice of saying how we need to provide more opportunities for blacks in those areas.

I don't believe I've ever accused you of any of those things.

Quote:
People seemingly have a hard time delving deeper into topics and analyzing/evaluating different topics in a very broad subject. It's like one has to totally agree w/everything or completely disagree w/the broad subject. That's for simpletons and not for me.

Yet that happens to me all of the time. And while I can understand your opinion here, I can see the other side as well. Our nation has a long history of having trouble tackling even one issue at a time which is focused on. I mean we can look at the women's right to vote as an example. Can you imagine how much longer it would have taken to resolve that issue had it have been open to women's rights as a whole?

That would have taken the focus off of the vote and added topics such as women's pay, physical abuse of women and a host of other issues all that would have counted as the unfair treatment of women. It actually took women close to 100 years from when the fight first began to secure the right to vote. As much as i agree with you that to solve racial issues as a whole it will take a much broader conversation.

Yet I also realize we live in a nation where that has never been a successful approach to finding the solution to anything as sad as that is in terms of civil discourse. It's been a single issue, one step at a time where improvements have been made. So while I do see what you're saying I can also see how people feel muddying the water by making it the more complex issue that we both agree it is will take the focus away from attacking the problem one step at a time.

Quote:
And one more thing. In my initial post that started this mess..........I did NOT try and force my opinion on anyone. I even asked that people do their own research on the demands from various chapters of BLM organizations and make up their own minds.

Oh, the horror...

As you can see, I have my own battles to deal with on this board. I was just accused of supporting Antifa. LMAO

As such, I'm not predisposed to entering into the fray of other disputes an a personal level. I have done that in the past and sometimes may feel the need to do so again. But where I feel a rational discussion can be found, I'll try to engage in that. There are several posters this used to be possible to conduct such rational discussion with, but that list has dwindled by a great deal including some I never would have guessed.

So if you would like to try and discuss things between ourselves in a civil manner exchanging opinions rather than trying to force our views on each other, I would be very open to that. If not, given our history, I would understand that as well. I'll leave that entirely up to you. But the personal conflict or disagreements between you and others is something I will not get involved with.

Sorry Vers. After looking a second time I see this was intended to Swish and not me.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 08/19/20 02:17 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1784342 08/19/20 03:12 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

OldColdDawg #1784409 08/19/20 07:12 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm voting for Trump not because I support him, but because I think the Dems are off their rocker and will hurt my family more than Trump will.

Go ahead and continue to bash me. Whatever...it's just another nail in the coffin on how I feel about Dems.

PitDAWG #1784410 08/19/20 07:14 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? You may wish to check. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

My reply was to Swish. Check again.

I didn't read the rest of your post because you must have been triggered.

I will say once again that you guys sure seem to go to great lengths to not allow us to have a discussion about the demands from the political organization that is called Black Lives Matter.

Versatile Dog #1784417 08/19/20 07:38 PM
Legend
Legend
I'm voting for Trump

Tell him you are voting for Biden and he will go away.
Just like the rest of us do when the Polls call. thumbsup

Versatile Dog #1784419 08/19/20 07:43 PM
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I'm voting for Trump not because I support him, but because I think the Dems are off their rocker and will hurt my family more than Trump will.

Go ahead and continue to bash me. Whatever...it's just another nail in the coffin on how I feel about Dems.

Statistically people vote for who they think will help them personally more so than what they think is right for the country. That's true going back decades.... you mentioned an upscale neighborhood and I think once you posted your wife makes more than 300K (if I am wrong that you didn't post that I apologize now) .... if that is the case then Trump probably will be in your own self interest.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/19/20 07:43 PM.

mgh888 #1784422 08/19/20 07:55 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's all very complicated. Both my kids are making really good money, too. We taught them to work hard and they do.

On the other hand, I totally support the growth of minorities. I think we have made a ton of strides over the decades, but still have a ways to go especially in hiring and promotion practices in the work place. That must improve.

The things I am dramatically opposed to are wealth distribution, reparations, free housing, etc. For multiple reasons:

1. Someone has to pay for it and my family will be adversely affected.

2. It's another way to keep minorities down. Instead of trying to encourage them to succeed, you are telling them they are not good enough and need handouts. This one annoys me beyond explanation. It's a passive aggressive attack on those who are already down.

3. Such moves will only create more division between the races and classes.

I am not asking anyone to agree w/my opinions or trying to convince anyone of anything. Just voicing my opinions.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Qanon

Link Copied to Clipboard