Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1795273 09/21/20 02:57 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

As stark and cold as it sounds; it is real.

He has no plan. He has never had a plan. His response has always been measured and calculated by what will keep him in office. No matter what lies he has to tell.

Now there is tape. No disputing. Not from democrats. His own words. And then he says "I didn't want to spread panic."

And the sheep say "oh that explains it, of course, isn't he a great leader?"

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: bonefish

As stark and cold as it sounds; it is real.

He has no plan. He has never had a plan. His response has always been measured and calculated by what will keep him in office. No matter what lies he has to tell.

Now there is tape. No disputing. Not from democrats. His own words. And then he says "I didn't want to spread panic."

And the sheep say "oh that explains it, of course, isn't he a great leader?"

I'm still waiting on the giant caravan of murderers and rapists that he "didn't want us to panic about" to show up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So the same guy, Trump, who claims the suburbs will be taken over with crime and be destroyed if Biden wins, that no neighborhood will be safe anymore, doesn't want to panic America?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think multiple things can be true, he knew, certainly that is not in doubt.

1. I think it's correct to not start a panic.

2. I think now that I am currently living with someone who has Covid right now, it is outrageously overblown. She would be more sick if she had a head cold..... Sidebar: the health department asked her for my birthday, my name and my phone number, which I view as an invasion of privacy since I did not get it. I LIVE with this person....without a mask and did not get it....she is cleared to re-enter public by the health department tomorrow.

3. The US as an entirety did not have a plan. This failure is shared. Whatever decisions were made bu Trump can be viewed as a mistake or a success, but we have had pandemics for decades.....H1N1, SARS, MERS, Ebola, this isn't some wild new phenomenon. Here is a pretty cool graphic on the history of pandemics.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history...k2jYNjOTxM-Vlko

With all of that said, from a balanced perspective, some of the decisions Trump made, that the Democratic nominee for President literally called his a Xenephobe for, to ban travel...was CORRECT. If anything he should have banned entry a LOT earlier! Some of the decisions he made were not defensible.....you can tell the American public in a way that would not cause panic.

With all of that said, arguing that this hasn't been used as a political tool is utter nonsese.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG

I am currently living with someone who has Covid right now, it is outrageously overblown. She would be more sick if she had a head cold..... Sidebar: the health department asked her for my birthday, my name and my phone number, which I view as an invasion of privacy since I did not get it. I LIVE with this person....without a mask and did not get it....she is cleared to re-enter public by the health department tomorrow.

Go tell that ridicules sob story to the 200,000 US families who lost a loved one. Pffft trump supporters...it’s all about me. Typical BS.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: BpG
I think multiple things can be true, he knew, certainly that is not in doubt.

1. I think it's correct to not start a panic.

2. I think now that I am currently living with someone who has Covid right now, it is outrageously overblown. She would be more sick if she had a head cold..... Sidebar: the health department asked her for my birthday, my name and my phone number, which I view as an invasion of privacy since I did not get it. I LIVE with this person....without a mask and did not get it....she is cleared to re-enter public by the health department tomorrow.

3. The US as an entirety did not have a plan. This failure is shared. Whatever decisions were made bu Trump can be viewed as a mistake or a success, but we have had pandemics for decades.....H1N1, SARS, MERS, Ebola, this isn't some wild new phenomenon. Here is a pretty cool graphic on the history of pandemics.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history...k2jYNjOTxM-Vlko

With all of that said, from a balanced perspective, some of the decisions Trump made, that the Democratic nominee for President literally called his a Xenephobe for, to ban travel...was CORRECT. If anything he should have banned entry a LOT earlier! Some of the decisions he made were not defensible.....you can tell the American public in a way that would not cause panic.

With all of that said, arguing that this hasn't been used as a political tool is utter nonsese.

To start, I agree with your last sentence.

Also, just because your family member has it and wasn't greatly affected (which is great!) does not mean that it doesn't affect others much more severely. I have been in an auto accident that caused to harm to anyone. Does that mean that my neighbor who lost his wife in an accident is overblowing the situation. I know it's not a direct parallel, but COVID is contagious, but it is more so to some than others, and it is more dangerous to some than others.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Avoiding a panic and lying about it are two different things. In the Woodward tapes he said he knew it was much worse and more infectious than the flew. He told the American people it was much like the flu.

If you can't use honesty in a way not to inflict wide spread panic, you have zero communication skills. Everything else are excuses.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Avoiding a panic and lying about it are two different things. In the Woodward tapes he said he knew it was much worse and more infectious than the flew. He told the American people it was much like the flu.

If you can't use honesty in a way not to inflict wide spread panic, you have zero communication skills. Everything else are excuses.

It's Trump, he is a terrible orator. He's a con man, is what it is.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It is what it is killed a lot of people.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It is what it is killed a lot of people.

The notion that Trump killed these people is garbage. The left cannot help themselves but to indulge in hyperbole. Did Trump kill all those people all over the world too? What about Influenza? Is every president responsible for all of those deaths every single year?

Debate the reaction, sure I get. Debate the ways in which we could have done it better or the merits how we got here to not do it again sure. He underestimated it and that MAY have cost more lives.....the idea that virtually no one was going to die with impeccable planning is rubbish.

The hyperbole, the blatant partisan nature of discussing it, people just see through it. "Trump killed 200,000 people" just does not help, no one in their right mind is buying that trash hyperbole, it's unproductive and in many cases counterproductive.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You may wish to look at death rates per capita in nations who had strong leaders that formed a national plan to fight the virus verses out statistics before you proceed with this line of debate.

There is a difference between underestimating it and knowingly avoiding to create any semblance of a national plan.

You twisted what I said. I didn't say Trump killed 200,000 people. I said "a lot of deaths".

We have tapes showing Trump knew the dangers. If not you may be able to play the underestimating card. But you can't.

Of course people would have died anyway. But to pretend that fewer people wouldn't have died if he had promoted mask wearing and had a national plan early is disingenuous at best.

To this very day he is holding huge indoor rallies with people not wearing masks and he does not call on them to do so. Surely at some point you have to stop making excuses for him.

And people wonder why we can't have nice things. wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
so there's talk of the EU doing another shutdown thanks to the morons in the UK, Spain, and Germany.

also, markets selling off due to shutdown worries here, combined with the damning report about banks and transactions, spikes in cases due to school openings, and the CDC playing games with their guidelines.

I want to thank social media for enlightening to the world how truly trash global leadership is.

all

over

the

world.

straight trash, homey.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
He knew, he lied, and 200,000+ people died.

But Hillary's emails right? smh

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Greed and a lack of patience. For some strange reason they just can't comprehend that the economy will only become stable long term AFTER the virus is under control. Doing it backwards will only prolong the devastation. Short term band aids won't stop the bleeding.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
He knew, he lied, and 200,000+ people died.

But Hillary's emails right? smh

Case and point.

Legend
Legend

So many of the people who died was preventable.

Just the simple task of wearing a mask. Think about that.

Just trump setting the example. Promoting the guidelines. Thousands could have been saved. Why?

Because there a lot of people who follow the example of a president. Words and actions matter. Sure people should due their own research. Follow what the professionals in this field have stated.

The reality is there are many uneducated people who get their information from unreliable sources. Like trump and the media that promote him.

Think about how things would have been different. "If" right from the start the truth was told. That trump backed the science. That he had called a conference of all the governors and the medical experts there to chart a course of action. That he worked with all media outlets including social media to ask for their assistance in promoting CDC Guidelines.

We would not be where we are. There would not be 200k deaths and counting.

All one has to do is look around the world on the results in other countries with far less resources than the US.

It is called Leadership in time of crisis.
The JOB Description of a President.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc

‘Fox & Friends’ Apologizes for Running False Story on Nashville Coronavirus ‘Cover-Up’
The Daily Beast
Justin Baragona
,The Daily Beast•September 21, 2020
Fox News

Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy on Monday morning issued an apology for his show having run with a since-retracted story falsely accusing Nashville’s Democratic mayor of engaging in a coronavirus cover-up, admitting that the mayor did not conceal information from the public as alleged.

Last week, a supposed bombshell by a local Fox affiliate in Nashville set the conservative media ecosystem on fire. According to the report by Fox 17—a Sinclair-owned station—the mayor’s office allegedly covered up numbers that showed relatively low spread of COVID-19 in bars and restaurants. The clear implication of the story was that the city was hiding the data in order to justify its coronavirus lockdown orders on public businesses.

The story, which focused on a selective misreading of emails, was quickly picked up by large right-wing digital outlets such as The Daily Wire and Breitbart and soon found its way to Fox News’ pro-Trump opinion shows. Tucker Carlson—who has become one of the network’s loudest coronavirus skeptics— kicked off his show on Thursday with the story, claiming the Fox 17 report was “conclusive proof” that Nashville officials hid key health stats “for no justifiable reason,” while explicitly calling for Mayor John Cooper’s impeachment.

His Fox primetime colleague Laura Ingraham also jumped on the report, claiming it exposed “a sinister COVID cover-up,” comparing it to something “you’d expect from communist China” or “Soviet Russia.” The following morning, Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade insisted the emails were proof that “they lied” while saying Cooper “has to resign yesterday.”

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Fox 17’s explosive report, however, was quickly and easily debunked by other media outlets. The data about the low number of cases at the time tied to bars and restaurants was disclosed at a July 2 press conference. A local Nashville reporter also published a story on the numbers back on August 4. Eventually, the station fully retracted the story.

“In a segment that aired earlier this week, we incorrectly asserted that Mayor Cooper's office withheld COVID-19 data from the public, which implied that there had been a cover up,” the station said in a statement. “We want to clarify that we do not believe there was any cover-up, and we apologize for the error and oversight in our reporting.”

“We continue to have questions about the level of transparency that the government showed to the restaurant and bar industry—whose livelihood was on the line,” the statement continued. “As journalists, we will continue to ask those questions and hold elected officials accountable.”

In a brief standalone segment on Monday morning, Doocy addressed the retraction during the first hour of Fox & Friends.

“We wanted to give you update on a story last week,” he noted. “On Friday, we reported on allegations that the mayor of Nashville had hidden coronavirus numbers. That was according to our local Nashville Fox affiliate.”

“They have since retracted their story. And we now know the mayor’s office did apparently not conceal those numbers and did release them to the public and so this morning on this Monday we wanted to apologize for any confusion,” Doocy concluded.

A Fox News spokesperson told The Daily Beast that both Carlson and Ingraham will also be addressing the retracted story on their programs Monday night

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-friends-apologizes-running-false-151254587.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Interesting that when they thought a democratic mayor withheld information they were calling for his impeachment. Wonder why they aren't calling for trumps's impeachment (or should I say re-impeachment)

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend

Precisely my point about the trump media organ promoting misinformation.

No matter what there is no getting away from "he Lied" to the people he took an oath to protect.

Would anybody have panicked if they were told the truth about Covid?

Panicked how? In what way?

Oh, I will wear a mask and stay away from others especially indoors?

Panic like we need testing and contact tracing to isolate the infected so they will not spread the virus?

Is that panic?

Or, is better to do nothing and watch 200k citizens of America die?

Legend
Legend

What a slap in the face to our senior citizens.

But to be fair, you all deserve the disrespect. You voted for this, after all.

This man pretty much said he don’t give two craps about y’all. But you’ll cheer anyway.

Sigh.....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Swish

What a slap in the face to our senior citizens.

But to be fair, you all deserve the disrespect. You voted for this, after all.

This man pretty much said he don’t give two craps about y’all. But you’ll cheer anyway.

Sigh.....

hE TaLkS LiKE mE sO i LiKe HiM

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So if you died, knew someone who died, was a relative of someone who died or was in the hospital for weeks or months. YOU ARE A NOBODY.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Are you saying that seniors deserve disrespect?

I am 73 this month.

IMO trump is by far the worst president this country has ever had.

On the world stage one of the most corrupt leaders.

He is unfit, incompetent, and a failure as president.

He has betrayed the people he took an oath to protect. In a time of crisis his incompetence has cost lives.

So are you profiling seniors as trump supporters?

Legend
Legend
Yes or no: did he win the majority of seniors in 2016?

Sorry bone, but I make my comments based on the evidence.

You can be mad at you want. What does the facts say?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I’m looking at it now:

Yes or no, did trump ALSO win the demographic of 50-64?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not that complicated. You mean as an overall voting block. Not as individuals.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I thought that went without saying, but I forgot I need to be very specific.

I’m only going off what the evidence says.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
I thought that went without saying, but I forgot I need to be very specific.

I’m only going off what the evidence says.

The evidence says trump thinks all seniors are nobodies

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

No matter I think it is disingenuous to generalize.

Nobody wants to be profiled.

Just like minorities that support trump.

My point is simple. trump lied. Nobody should vote for him.

He has failed the citizens of this country in a time of crisis. His response to the pandemic is appalling.

That alone is enough. That is on topic.

That does not take in consideration his environmental record.

And a long list of other offenses since his first day in office.

The make up of voters is immaterial.

Legend
Legend
None of this is my fault at all. I voted for someone else.

Trump lied.
Americans died.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Lets be real here. Arguing over party at this point is irrelevant.

What you are seeing transpiring today I believe is the beginning of the end of the US as we know it. We can't go on like this. It doesn't matter who becomes president, Biden and his fiscal policies will just hasten our collapse a bit sooner than Trump's.

We are 21 trillion dollars in debt, the Federal Reserve just announced they are going to hold interest rates at 0% till 2023. Guns are flying off the shelves in record numbers that demand can't be met, ammo is flying off the shelves faster than it can be made. , rioters and violent criminals run unfettered in most Us cities burning, destroying, and attacking people while the police simply don't have the manpower to deal with it, and get no help.

the writing is on the wall for anyone who pays attention it don't look good at all. put COVID19 and record job losses on top of it due to lockdowns and we got a recipe for disaster.

P
Legend
Legend
P
In most U.S. cities? Would you like to elaborate on that?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Sources: NFL fines Broncos' Vic Fangio, Seahawks' Pete Carroll, 49ers' Kyle Shanahan $100K each for mask noncompliance

The NFL fined three head coaches -- Denver's Vic Fangio, Seattle's Pete Carroll and San Francisco's Kyle Shanahan -- $100,000 each for not wearing masks Sunday, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

In addition, the league fined each coach's team $250,000, sources said.

The $1,050,000 in punishments comes a week after the league sent a memo to teams reinforcing its requirement that coaches wear coverings over their mouths and noses at all times on the sidelines during games, threatening discipline for those who don't comply.

The sharply worded message, written by executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent, came in response to wide variance in compliance during the first Sunday of the 2020 season.

Players are exempt from these protocols.

More fines could be coming, as several other coaches violated the league's rules, among them New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and both coaches in Monday night's game, Jon Gruden of the Las Vegas Raiders and Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints.

Gruden wore his face mask like a chin strap and Payton wore his gaiter like a turtleneck.

Following the Raiders' 34-24 win over the Saints on Monday night, Gruden, who last week said he felt the league's memo was directed at him, revealed he'd had COVID-19 and apologized for violating the rules.

"I'm doing my best," Gruden said. "I've had the virus. I'm doing my best. I'm very sensitive about it ... I'm calling plays. I just wanna communicate in these situations, and if I get fined, I'll have to pay the fine, but I'm very sensitive about that and I apologize."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2994...k-noncompliance

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
FDA is going to revise the standards for a vaccine as soon as this week to bolster Americans eroding trust in the safety of a vaccine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8761493/FDA-make-harder-COVID-19-vaccines-approved.html

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Constantine
Lets be real here. Arguing over party at this point is irrelevant.

What you are seeing transpiring today I believe is the beginning of the end of the US as we know it. We can't go on like this. It doesn't matter who becomes president, Biden and his fiscal policies will just hasten our collapse a bit sooner than Trump's.

We are 21 trillion dollars in debt, the Federal Reserve just announced they are going to hold interest rates at 0% till 2023. Guns are flying off the shelves in record numbers that demand can't be met, ammo is flying off the shelves faster than it can be made. , rioters and violent criminals run unfettered in most Us cities burning, destroying, and attacking people while the police simply don't have the manpower to deal with it, and get no help.

the writing is on the wall for anyone who pays attention it don't look good at all. put COVID19 and record job losses on top of it due to lockdowns and we got a recipe for disaster.

Yes, but winning political debates is more important than trying to overcome our problems and uniting.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You can't expect people to unite when you are supporting this nations biggest divider.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Sometimes the onion is too spot on

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
FDA is going to revise the standards for a vaccine as soon as this week to bolster Americans eroding trust in the safety of a vaccine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8761493/FDA-make-harder-COVID-19-vaccines-approved.html

Trump claims White House can overrule FDA's attempt to toughen guidelines for coronavirus vaccine

President Donald Trump claimed Wednesday that the White House could override the US Food and Drug Administration if the agency released tougher standards for the authorization of a Covid-19 vaccine, casting such a move as "political."

His comments come as the FDA considers new Covid-19 vaccine guidelines that would likely push an authorization beyond Election Day, according to three sources familiar with the situation. That timeline would dash Trump's hopes of a pre-election authorization, having repeatedly said the vaccine could be ready by November 3.

"We're looking at that and that has to be approved by the White House. We may or may not approve it," the President said of the new FDA guidelines at a White House news conference. "That sounds like a political move."
The FDA "respectfully" declined to comment on Trump's claims. But generally speaking, agency guidelines do go through the White House Office of Management and Budget review process, an FDA official told CNN Wednesday.

In the meantime, the President's comments are sure to fuel new unease in a vaccine process that was already being greeted with skepticism by many Americans in polls. A lack of trust in the program is a nightmare scenario, public health experts say, since a vaccine is the best hope of eventually ending the pandemic and restoring normal life.

Earlier Wednesday, the commissioner of the FDA, Dr. Stephen Hahn, made a commitment to America that the "FDA will not authorize or approve a vaccine that we would not feel comfortable giving to our families."

"FDA will not authorize or approve any Covid-19 vaccine before it has met the agency's rigorous expectations for safety and effectiveness. Decisions to authorize or approve any such vaccine or therapeutic will be made by the dedicated career staff at FDA, through our thorough review processes, and science will guide our decisions," Hahn specifically promised the Senate Health Committee.

"FDA will not permit any pressure from anyone to change that," he added.
National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room" that he trusts the FDA to apply the highest safety and efficacy standards to all the coronavirus vaccines, though he conceded that he wasn't sure if the FDA or White House had the final say on vaccine approval.

"I am not a lawyer or a constitutional scholar," he said. "I actually don't know the answer to that."

Two former FDA commissioners previously told CNN that while they think it's very unlikely that Trump could pressure scientists into authorizing or approving a Covid-19 vaccine, it's possible. The Department of Health and Human Services has in the past overruled the FDA's recommendations on medications.

Despite reassurances from federal officials, there are fears that the typical pathway for review and approval of the Covid-19 vaccine will be eschewed, or at least bent, because of political pressure.

"What I'm concerned about is there could be a gray zone where a vaccine looks partially protective and it goes on the market without a full formal review process," said Dr. Peter Hotez, a vaccinologist at Baylor College of Medicine.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/trump-fda-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

People need to wake up to the fact that Trump doesn't care if he's killing republicans or democrats as long as it helps get him reelected.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

A 'distressed' Birx questions how long she can remain on White House task force, sources say

Once a fixture at the administration's coronavirus briefings, Dr. Deborah Birx has confided to aides and friends that she has become so unhappy with what she sees as her diminished role as coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force that she is not certain how much longer she can serve in her position, sources familiar with her thinking tell CNN.

Birx has told people around her that she is "distressed" with the direction of the task force, describing the situation inside the nation's response to the coronavirus as nightmarish.
According to people familiar with her thinking, Birx views Dr. Scott Atlas, a recent addition to the task force, as an unhealthy influence on President Donald Trump's thinking when it comes to the virus.
"The President has found somebody who matches what he wants to believe," a source close to Birx said of her view of Atlas's relationship with Trump. "There is no doubt that she feels that her role has been diminished."

Birx believes Atlas is feeding the President misleading information about the efficacy of face masks for controlling the spread of the virus, the source said. Trump, whose rallies draw crowds of supporters who refuse to wear masks, has repeatedly mocked Democratic rival Joe Biden for using them.

Speaking from the White House briefing room Wednesday evening, Atlas claimed there isn't any bad blood between himself and Birx.

"Dr. Birx speaks for herself but that's a completely false story and she denied it today. It's completely false," Atlas said at a news conference.
Birx has not yet responded to request for comment on the story, despite Atlas saying she had denied the report.

A White House official rejected the notion that Birx has been diminished in her role on the task force.

"All of the medical experts in the administration are working together around the clock to carry out the President's No. 1 priority: protecting the health and safety of the American people and defeating this virus from China," White House spokesman Judd Deere said. "President Trump relies on the advice and counsel of all of his top health officials every day and any suggestion that their role is being diminished is just false."

A longtime US government health official, Birx became a household name during the early weeks of the pandemic, appearing with Trump at news conferences in the White House briefing room to deliver sobering warnings about the threat posed by the virus. In recent weeks, however, Birx has spent much less time with Trump, as she is now dispatched to raise awareness of the administration's pandemic efforts in states where cases of Covid-19 have surged.

Atlas, a neuroradiologist without expertise in infectious diseases, has seen his prominent role on the task force come under some scrutiny as respected medical experts have questioned his controversial flirtation with "herd immunity" as a solution for the outbreak in the US.

"When you isolate everyone, including all the healthy people, you're prolonging the problem because you're preventing population immunity. Low-risk groups getting the infection is not a problem," Atlas told Fox News in July.

An administration official close to the West Wing's coronavirus response acknowledged the addition of Atlas has unsettled some of the experts on the task force. But the official maintained Atlas "shook things up a bit" and brought "fresh eyes" to discussions behind the scenes, a dynamic Trump prefers.

"He's not been instructed to make friends," the official said of Atlas.
Trump has invited Atlas to appear at recent White House news conferences to field questions from reporters. Noticeably absent in the briefing room are Birx and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government's leading authority on infectious diseases.

"Don't you think the frustration would be there?" remarked one source close to Birx about the briefings.

The same source said Birx, who has spent much of her career tackling global health crises from Covid-19 to AIDS, is not likely to end her time in government service by stepping down from the task force.

"She is a good soldier. I don't think she's going anywhere," the source said.

Unlike Fauci, who occasionally differs with the President's statements on the virus during television appearances, Birx is seen as much more of a team player inside the administration. During one memorable task force news conference in late April, Birx famously bit her tongue and sat stone-faced as Trump suggested that government researchers investigate whether injections of disinfectants could somehow guard Americans against the virus.

Birx believes her current role as a traveling spokesperson for the administration's coronavirus response in states across much of the south and southwest is having some positive effect, a source said. She has touted the benefits of mask mandates during visits to college towns and other communities where Covid-19 spikes have alarmed local officials.

James Glassman, a friend of Birx and a former top State Department official during the George W. Bush administration, said the task force coordinator is trying to make the best of a difficult situation.

"Dr. Birx is out in the states with the most trouble, telling them the right things about masks and distancing and going back to school," Glassman said. "She's ignoring the nonsense from Scott Atlas and just getting the job done -- just as I've seen her do, fighting AIDS for the past 15 years."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/deborah-birx-white-house-task-force/index.html

Now Trump is using an ass kisser radiologist with no experience in infectious diseases to bolster his anti science agenda.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus COVID-19: Trump Knew

Link Copied to Clipboard